• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Ok, GAFw! I've been in several clan matches where we are grossly outnumbered (like 2 vs 5, 3 vs 10, 2 vs 15 or more!, etc) ..... I'm sick of it. Can I join a Clan with ACTIVE members??

How active is GAF West 2?

xBerserker said:
Ok, GAFw! I've been in several clan matches where we are grossly outnumbered (like 2 vs 5, 3 vs 10, 2 vs 15 or more!, etc) ..... I'm sick of it. Can I join a Clan with ACTIVE members??

Despite the overwhelming odds last night against GAF3, you played extremely well and I would think that any clan should be happy to have you. You were very effective at getting in and out of fire fights and placing your c4 in high traffic, but not obvious, locations. I hope the next time we play against one another we have the benefit of even teams.

Ilparazzo

TTP said:
Here some interesting tournaments scheduled for this Sunday 15th evening/night, all taking place in Salamun Market. Just two require some pre-arranged tactics. The rest is suitable for anyone.

*FF'-compartiment@ 6:30PM GMT
10vs10
Bodycount, Assassination, Capture and Hold
2 clans signed
Note: Open to all GAFe members

Best Tournament !@ 7:15PM GMT
3vs3 (no rockets/grenade launchers)
Bodycount, Assassination, Capture and Hold
1 clan signed
Note: entry fee is 40VP. 1st place earns 1504VP. 2nd 772VP. 3rd 284VP. wtf. Open to all GAFe members

=LK=@ 7:30PM GMT
8vs8
Bodycount, Assassination, Search and Destroy
1 clan signed
Note: this requires tactics practice.

6 v 6 TDM/ASSASIN@ 8:00PM GMT
6vs6
Bodycount, Assassination
1 clan signed
Note: Open to all GAFe members

6 vs. 6 WAR@ 8:15PM GMT
6vs6
Bodycount, Assassination, Capture and Hold, Search and Destroy
1 clan signed
Note: this requires tactics practice.

I might subscribe to all of them since it's not sure which one is actually going to happen. Most have only 1 clan signed.
Should be able to enter any one of them, but can only confirm tomorrow.

xBerserker said:

seems like the best thing to do is to move all the active guys from west2 into gaf west 1 and go from there.

Ilparazzo

Raist said:
Well, we got owned :|

k I'm off now, gotta work a bit.
I don't even know what to say, I don't know what happened but I do know I shot a guy in the head once, he turned around killed me and then after a bit his head got blown of by that one shot...

My worst game ever... I gotta go to sleep or I won't be able to wake up early in the morning, thank you for the last ribbons raist and TTP.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ilparazzo said:
I don't even know what to say, I don't know what happened but I do know I shot a guy in the head once, he turned around killed me and then after a bit his head got blown of by that one shot...

I kept dieing behind walls. Nuff said.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
I kept dieing behind walls. Nuff said.

Funny, because before you guys joined, they were were duscussing some... huh... weird stuff right when I joined. My HS was out of battery so the sound came out of the TV and it was not really good, but I clearly heard something along the lines of "and there's a spot where you can shoot at people behind a wall but they can't shoot at you".

So while I don't know if they were talking about this map in particular or anything... reading your comment is, well, interesting.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Funny, because before you guys joined, they were were duscussing some... huh... weird stuff right when I joined. My HS was out of battery so the sound came out of the TV and it was not really good, but I clearly heard something along the lines of "and there's a spot where you can shoot at people behind a wall but they can't shoot at you".

So while I don't know if they were talking about this map in particular or anything... reading your comment is, well, interesting.

No, It was not because of that. It was lag. I would pop out of cover > shoot > get shoot back > get back to cover > die. The overall match felt like they were showing up on my screen much later than when I did on theirs.

Raist

Banned
Damn, only need to climb up a few spots in the rankings to get my 1% honor medal :O

I'm 6600ish, total number of players is around 640k

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
Damn, only need to climb up a few spots in the rankings to get my 1% honor medal :O

I'm 6600ish, total number of players is around 640k

sorry to crush your dreams my friend but the number of active players for the current week about to end is around 350k...

so we have a match in 40 minutes? 3 vs 3 ? who's gonna play?

Cagen

Lince said:
sorry to crush your dreams my friend but the number of active players for the current week about to end is around 350k...

I might if you need me, though I have a lot of clearing up to do around the house today :(.

Ilparazzo

Have you guys watched the battle replay of the final yesterday? It's seriously screwed up, my blip doesn't even show up after I died the first time but I still die...

Lince said:

It's too soon for me.

dazed808

Ilparazzo said:
Have you guys watched the battle replay of the final yesterday? It's seriously screwed up, my blip doesn't even show up after I died the first time but I still die...

It's certainly erratic. I watched our 7 on 7 final from yesterday and it randomly warped me round the map missing loadsa firefights.
It did show me running to the wrong end on our assassination defend though.I'd read TTP's tactics so many times it was ingrained into me to run to the ISA end, took me a while to realise why it was so quiet!:lol

Lince

Banned
edit: TEARS OF PROUD! well done my friends ! (joining as spectator is fun)

now we have a problem, 2 games incoming in 40 minutes, the final of the 3vs3 that of course you should play again together, and a 4vs4 in Pyrhuss Rise... who's gonna play with me?

Raist

Banned
ANOTHER GAFe VICTORY

Lince awesome cheering. We were laughing our ass out all the time :D
But I guess you heard us :p

Anyway.
There are TWO matches at the same time.

Tee final for the tourney we've just played with Cagen and Chryz, and another 8vs8 tourney is starting at the same time.

I guess we're going to play the final with chryz and cagen, so eurogaf, assemble and own this other tourney!

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
ANOTHER GAFe VICTORY

Lince awesome cheering. We were laughing our ass out all the time :D
But I guess you heard us :p

Anyway.
There are TWO matches at the same time.

Tee final for the tourney we've just played with Cagen and Chryz, and another 8vs8 tourney is starting at the same time.

I guess we're going to play the final with chryz and cagen, so eurogaf, assemble and own this other tourney!

edit: thanks Raist for joining

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
yes I had so much fun watching the game!! of course you must play together and try to win the final... the other game, is it 8vs8 or 4vs4? in case of a 4vs4 match I suggest a party of tactician + air support / saboteur + c4 / medic + boost / full assault, snipers shouldn't be a problem if we focus on keeping together and spawning with the leader / spawning points... now if the game is a 8vs8 then we need a sniper, I'll try my best with it.

I think is a 4vs4 since your last game showed as "6 players game" and this is "8 players game"

WHO'S IN? DON'T LET ME DOWN!

Description says 8 players. I always forget if it means total or per team.

edit: yeah, nice catch, so it's 4vs4. Looks like there's no other GAFe members online other than Cagen Chryz and me. I hope you'll find some partners !

Thrakier

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! KZ.com is down again and I need to check my rank. :( I was 4500 this morning and got more than 1000 points in the last hours. I want the 1% trophy. :(

Raist

Banned
Thrakier said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! KZ.com is down again and I need to check my rank. :( I was 4500 this morning and got more than 1000 points in the last hours. I want the 1% trophy. :(

Just check your rank ingame

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
:(

Man, we're 64 people in the clan and we struggle to keep up with a few small tourneys. That sucks.

I'm going to be rude and probably hated for this, but we need to clean the house. I'm not a good player, barely average and not very competitive at all... not to mention I suck at communicating with my poor English but at least I'm taking part in the clan events... I'm sure there are lurkers here more committed than most of our members, can't you get your ass off Resident Evil for 10 minutes and play? seriously, disheartening.

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
I'm going to be rude and probably hated for this, but we need to clean the house. I'm not a good player, barely average and not very competitive at all... not to mention I suck at communicating with my poor English but at least I'm taking part in the clan events... I'm sure there are lurkers here more committed than most of our members, can't you get your ass off Resident Evil for 10 minutes and play? seriously, disheartening.

Yeah, most of the time I always see the same, what... ~20ish people playing? There are a lot of people I haven't seen in a looooong time.

This game is all about competitive multi and clan challenges, so we need a lot of active players.

edit: well, try to join it anyway. Who knows, maybe no one or just one guy from the other clan will show up, happens a lot actually :p

d0g_bear

GG last night GAF EAST 2 - even though GAFw only had two players :(. These matches need to be advertised better - I think dedicated threads for each clan is the way to go. Its hard for me to find info about my clan with so many different clans posting in this one thread.

GAF EAST 3 did it, I think 2 should as well.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
Awful :(

Did I mention I fucking hate the shotgun ?

I hope they nerf its range because it's fucking ridiculous

sorry Raist for letting you down in such a shameful way, I know I should have switched to assault and pick rifles from dead bodies as they did, I know I should have switched to engineer when defending S&D and place some bots... but I did nothing, I was just pissed to land what it seemed a headshot and 2 full burst on the enemy when attacking the assassination target and not getting the frag!! then we were in full control in bodycount until they switched to assault and that was it...

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
sorry Raist for letting you down in such a shameful way, I know I should have switched to assault and pick rifles from dead bodies as they did, I know I should have switched to engineer when defending S&D and place some bots... but I did nothing, I was just pissed to land what it seemed a headshot and 2 full burst on the enemy when attacking the assassination target and not getting the frag!! then we were in full control in bodycount until they switched to assault and that was it...

It's alright, I should have switched to another class earlier too :p

Well, at least Chryz and Cagen managed to win :D

Raist

Banned
Created a 8vs8 room, FF is on, no classes banned, only picked the 4 bigger maps.

Name is EuroGAF

Scratch that, changed it

Created a 6vs6 room, FF is on, Radec academy only. All modes, bodycount tweaked to 50 deaths, 10min

Name is Radec 6vs6 FF ON

JardeL

Raist said:
Created a 8vs8 room, FF is on, no classes banned, only picked the 4 bigger maps.

Name is EuroGAF

Scratch that, changed it

Created a 6vs6 room, FF is on, Radec academy only. All modes, bodycount tweaked to 50 deaths, 10min

Name is Radec 6vs6 FF ON
GG guys ... I wish RyanardoDaVinci was on my team , hate those C4s :D ... He got 3 of us in the library ... That's why I dont like Search & Retrieve :p ... Hope to play soon , with more Gaffers ...

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
Hey Lince, the final for the 3rd place is about to start. Let's go get some revenge. GOGOGO

what? I didn't notice!!! we got the 3rd place anyway :lol

Radec Academy is pure chaos... we should disable rocket launchers or play 5 vs 5 or something. I feel everything concerning the assault class is cheap, the bullets sponges moving faster than everyone and with the most powerful weapon at hand just burst into a room not caring if FF is enabled or not... I wonder how many people from GAF would join my room if I set it up with the assault class completely disabled. We could try sometime, it gets a lot more tactic.

So we're gonna merge the GAF west clans? :D

xBerserker, if you don't wanna be clan leader, I'd be happy taking the responsibility. I know you've already made me an officer.

dazed808

Lince said:

Not rude in the slightest mate - needs to be said. Reminds me so much of the MGO Wasp unit, full roster of people signed up but no more than 7 or 8 active players. Why do people clamour to get their name on the list then don't bother taking part in anything?? Definitely time for a clearout.

As for your English, i've been able to understand you no probs in the few games we've played together and I'm always amazed at the grasp of the language that all you non-english speakers have, especially the written stuff on here - it puts ALOT of our native speakers to shame.
Anyways hope to join everyone in a few hours, tho guessing i've missed all the tournaments today :(

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
WE'RE GOING TO KICK ASSES AND TAKE NAMES

maybe

:lol

count me in, I can't remember now the number of players for this match... but we're 3 already and still a couple of hours to go, looking good.

Ilparazzo

Lince said:
:lol

count me in, I can't remember now the number of players for this match... but we're 3 already and still a couple of hours to go, looking good.
I could participate as well, if I'm needed. I hope the other teams actually show up at least.

About the fact that there is a lot of inactive people, I guess most of them will come back eventually, some are stuck in SP others are playing resident evil 5, it will probably work out.

KilgoreTrout said:
So we're gonna merge the GAF west clans? :D

xBerserker, if you don't wanna be clan leader, I'd be happy taking the responsibility. I know you've already made me an officer.
I've been away for a little while but I'm gonna get into KZ2 heavy now so please count me in.

Top Bottom