• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Cagen

Facism said:
I tell you something, your S&D and C&H tactics for me work like a beauty. Nobody got through the back alley or the stairs on their side of the building with the c4 and disguise.

Yeah, last night we played 5 min S&D games for about 3 hours straight, for a fair few of the matches we out numbered the opposition but never the less we won just about every game. As long as a team controls the courtyard with the gun emplacement on it you've got an incredible position to win. We did need a spawn point in there a lot of the time which we didn't have though and it's hard to request one with the tacticians in other squads.

Cagen

TTP said:
Think we are fine. But hang around here for last minute emergency calls. These PS Threy consoles can YLOD anytime!

*touches wood*

You've just doomed us. DOOMED!

Lince said:
we finally got that medal for our clan page! what do we win?

1000 valor.

Joining now, GL guys.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
Yeah, last night we played 5 min S&D games for about 3 hours straight, for a fair few of the matches we out numbered the opposition but never the less we won just about every game. As long as a team controls the courtyard with the gun emplacement on it you've got an incredible position to win. We did need a spawn point in there a lot of the time which we didn't have though and it's hard to request one with the tacticians in other squads.

Yeah, I kept running back and forth to manage spawn points on two different locations. But you got Rick808 now so it's all good.

IT'S UP GUYS

dazed808

Cagen said:

Sorry yeah we were short there once or twice. I was as keeping the spawns up as much as poss but a few times they were being used elsewhere - I shall be more vigilant of them running out.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
And FF is on... hmm... you're a spy, admit it.
:p

ahah.

Oh, we are playing Helghast this time. Good. I love killing ISA.

edit: man the voice chat in the lobby is a friggin mess :lol
edit2: oh, a girl in the opposing team. Noice. Spanking time.

Facism

GG guys. We could of had both the Bodycount and Search and retrieve games. Literally 1 pixel on the bar difference.

Also, i think there needs to be spawn placement restrictions on spawn nades. If the opposing team has a spawn nade right in front of our S&D defend, and they all spawn as Assaults witht he spawn protection, it becomes a bit of a joke.

No slight on the opposing teams skill, i felt it was quite evenly matched.

We could do with tightening up what happens on Search and retrieve. Marcel on the MG, Rick and I should really be the only ones in defence hanging back when we have the speaker. A spawn nade in the middle of the map as well as near the speaker delivery point would probably do wonders for both catching up to a failed attack and reinforcing a defence.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Argh! Damn, we played well but they got lucky on Bodycount and C&H (this one was sooo close). We did very well on S&R stopping all those Assaults coming. Too bad it ended a draw. I don't get how we lost S&D on defense tho. Edit: ah, that spawn grenade there. Yeah, that was unfortunate and indeed an interesting tactic. Cheap but effective.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Man, these practice games fill up in 10 seconds.

I got the message lat night to join, and I tried for 15 minutes but it was full. Sorry guys, I gave up and went on to get my turret medal in a warzone server. I got it legit and I am proud of it. Now I am working on spawn point and repair at once, and its so much easier. I also unlocked assault.

Maybe Ill make it into a practice server tonight. And Icedchai, we stearolled over those gusy several times, great game and nice being able to talk and work together with someone so well.

Cagen

Yeah it was an incredibly close match - we were literally both on the last kill in body count (partly thanks to my rocket spam taking out about 5 of them at the end :lol, which I thoroughly enjoyed). On the assassination I took the target out twice but failed to finish him off before getting killed myself. Search and retrieve was very close as well, we and they both got fairly close to tagging it. Capture and hold they won by mere seconds. We got unlucky but that's the way it goes some times, was a very good game though.

What would happen in a tournament if you get a draw?

Ilparazzo

AndyD said:
Man, these practice games fill up in 10 seconds.

I got the message lat night to join, and I tried for 15 minutes but it was full. Sorry guys, I gave up and went on to get my turret medal in a warzone server. I got it legit and I am proud of it. Now I am working on spawn point and repair at once, and its so much easier. I also unlocked assault.

Maybe Ill make it into a practice server tonight. And Icedchai, we stearolled over those gusy several times, great game and nice being able to talk and work together with someone so well.
Turrets are a lot easier to get legit then were before I think, but that crappy air support makes me mad.

So you guys lost the final?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Facism said:
We could do with tightening up what happens on Search and retrieve. Marcel on the MG, Rick and I should really be the only ones in defence hanging back when we have the speaker. A spawn nade in the middle of the map as well as near the speaker delivery point would probably do wonders for both catching up to a failed attack and reinforcing a defence.

Should have probably asked Raist to switch to tactician, but I preferred to use him as a walking spawn point (being the leader of the Assault squad) and keep both the spawn points on defense. We could have been more aggressive for sure, but I'm not sure we could have sustained the attacks of those Assaults. I think at one point I killed like 3 of them one after the other with the MG. We should probably define better delivery routes for the Assault. I don't know what the problem was since I could only see green icons turning red behind distant buildings.

Overall I think we just need more practice. And be faster. And I died too many times on Bodycount. My last kill was their win. It was me vs an Engineer. We both died, but they where a pixel ahead.

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
Argh! Damn, we played well but they got lucky on Bodycount and C&H (this one was sooo close). We did very well on S&R stopping all those Assaults coming. Too bad it ended a draw. I don't get I we lost S&D on defense tho.

ANGRY! RAGE! SO CLOSE!! well this time I sniped a lot of guys in S&D attack when they were trying to defuse... but in S&D defense the game caught me as an assault in the opposite part of the map and without grenades to commit suicide and switch classes... two guys were going for the objective so I just got in the balcony and took out several guys with the revolver, they destroyed both the mounted gun and the ammo box with grenades and a rocket so I just was pissed watching their spawning point right by the objective with lots of assault guys taking advantage of the 5 seconds of invincibility and I taking just 3 or 4 of them out with the revolver until they finally got it... I also was so close to score in S&R but they stopped in my tracks 5 meters from the goal :'(

fuck this invincible spawning right in the objective shit :'(

well played anyway guys, sorry Dave for the last grenade once the game was over I know you were pissed...

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Should have probably asked Raist to switch to tactician, but I preferred to use him as a walking spawn point (being the leader of the Assault squad) and keep both the spawn points on defense. We could have been more aggressive for sure, but I'm not sure we could have sustained the attacks of those Assaults. I think at one point I killed like 3 of them one after the other. We should probably define better delivery routes for the Assault. I don't know what the problem was since I could only see green icons turning red behind distant buildings.

There was a really heavy defense. I think they also had a couple of engineers (or switched to them a lot) because I've seen a LOT of ISA turrets permenently.
Their sniper was also quite skilled and did a lot od damage during S&D when we were defending. I think one guy (preferably assault) should always track snipers down if they show up.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
ANGRY! RAGE! SO CLOSE!! well this time I sniped a lot of guys in S&D attack when they were trying to defuse... but in S&D defense the game caught me as an assault in the opposite part of the map and without grenades to commit suicide and switch classes... two guys were going for the objective so I just got in the balcony and took out several guys with the revolver, they destroyed both the mounted gun and the ammo box with grenades and a rocket so I just was pissed watching their spawning point right by the objective with lots of assault guys taking advantage of the 5 seconds of invincibility and I taking just 3 or 4 of them out with the revolver until they finally got it... I also was so close to score in S&R but they stopped in my tracks 5 meters from the goal :'(

fuck this invincible spawning right in the objective shit :'(

well played anyway guys, sorry Dave for the last grenade once the game was over I know you were pissed...

Why didn't you just run against the nearest enemy begging to be killed?
Question to myself: why didn't I man the MG as I did during S&R? lol I'm not sure.

GG anyways. I do still think we need to practice more before appy any change to this 7vs7 @ Salamun Market tactic. We didn't manage to test it with the full team ONCE and you got the tactics this morning! I think we did pretty well actually all things considered.

dazed808

TTP said:
I don't get how we lost S&D on defense tho.

I got sniped on my way to place the spawn and by the time i got back the area was overrun and it took two more attempts to get in and get a spawn down.
We did well overall though guys and with a bit more luck coulda won it.

In future games I suggest Ilparazzo is in instead of me and I'll just be backup in case of no-shows etc. - I'm not upto the standard of you fellas and the next few weeks are gonna be unpredictable as to when I can be around but i'll always be there when I can if called upon:D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dazed808 said:
I got sniped on my way to place the spawn and by the time i got back the area was overrun and it took two more attempts to get in and get a spawn down.
We did well overall though guys and with a bit more luck coulda won it.

In future games I suggest Ilparazzo is in instead of me and I'll just be backup in case of no-shows etc. - I'm not upto the standard of you fellas and the next few weeks are gonna be unpredictable as to when I can be around but i'll always be there when called upon:D

You did very well for such a late joiner. I'd love for you to practice more with us and get better all together.

Should I look for a new tournament taking place on Salamun Market? Perhaps an 8vs8 one so we can have both rick808 and ilparazzo? Please, don't ask me to change map as that would mean a) no more practice with the current tactic and b) coming up with a new tactic :lol

Damn, I need to sleep.

Oh, daze, sorry for shouting "PLACE THE SPAWN POINT!!!" at you at some point during the S&R mission (I think). Sometimes I do cross the line. Sorry to Dave1988 as well. He probably hates me :lol

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
Why didn't you just run against the nearest enemy begging to be killed?
Question to myself: why didn't I man the MG as I did during S&R? lol I'm not sure.

cause I'm dumb and thought I could help more alive and then switch classes whenever they would kill me in the balcony, but I didn't die and with the mounted gun / ammo box destroyed and the enemy spawning point active I just thought convenient trying to take as many as I could with the grenade launcher and revolver, it somewhat worked, the revolver in that distance is like the sniper anyway.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
cause I'm dumb and thought I could help more alive and then switch classes whenever they would kill me in the balcony, but I didn't die and with the mounted gun / ammo box destroyed and the enemy spawning point active I just thought convenient trying to take as many as I could with the grenade launcher and revolver, it somewhat worked, the revolver in that distance is like the sniper anyway.

Damn I should have come up to the balcony for repairs. I wasn't aware you where not sniping. Fuck the lack of cross squads chat. :/

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
Damn I should have come up to the balcony for repairs. I wasn't aware you where not sniping. Fuck the lack of cross squads chat. :/

for future games, can I swap to tactician/air support for C&H? I'm far better with the rifle than grenade launcher when capturing or defending a zone.

so no more games today? time to start looking around TTP!! I want revenge!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
for future games, can I swap to tactician/air support for C&H? I'm far better with the rifle than grenade launcher when capturing or defending a zone.

How about medic with air support? We do have two Tacticians sharing the two spawn points already. I think Cagen can switch to a rifle equipped class as well, during C&H if he so wishes.

so no more games today? time to start looking around TTP!! I want revenge!

LOL. Man, I can barely type :lol
Will definitely look for challenges later today. I want to find a tournament similar to the one we just did taking place on Sunday night. But I need to be sure all of you will be up for it. And ilparazzo.

Ilparazzo

TTP said:
How about medic with air support? We do have two Tacticians sharing the two spawn points already. I think Cagen can switch to a rifle equipped class as well, during C&H if he so wishes.

LOL. Man, I can barely type :lol
Will definitely look for challenges later today. I want to find a tournament similar to the one we just did taking place on Sunday night. But I need to be sure all of you will be up for it. And ilparazzo.
Nights should work fine for me.

Working on the melee ribbons atm, lots of fun...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ilparazzo said:
Nights should work fine for me.

Working on the melee ribbons atm, lots of fun...

So, ilparazzo is one. With me we are two. Need 6 more. Will check this thread later.

Wish me sweet dreams.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
So, ilparazzo is one. With me we are two. Need 6 more. Will check this thread later.

Wish me sweet dreams.

Bubububut it's 6pm :lol

I'm in with my medic. So frustrating sometimes, I see lots of dead bodies. who to revive? D:

Cagen

I'm in if we can get a game Sunday night.

TTP said:
Oh, daze, sorry for shouting "PLACE THE SPAWN POINT!!!" at you at some point during the S&R mission (I think). Sometimes I do cross the line. Sorry to Dave1988 as well. He probably hates me :lol

I was close enough to hear you shout to place a spawn point, I was thinking "yeah we need one but damn Marcel its just a game :lol" though we were in the heat of it so I wouldn't think anyone would be upset.

dazed808

TTP said:

No worries mate, no offence taken! TBH I don't really remember it and that sort of thing doesn't bother me anyway because I am likely to be doing something dumb at least once a match so it's probably a good idea for someone to keep an eye on what i'm doing and putting me right!:lol

Will let you know about tomorrow night, atm I think all will be cool but i'll confirm tomorrow.
Looking forward to more games like today it was great fun and i'll try and join practice sessions whenever I can.

Ilparazzo

dazed808 said:
No worries mate, no offence taken! TBH I don't really remember it and that sort of thing doesn't bother me anyway because I am likely to be doing something dumb at least once a match so it's probably a good idea for someone to keep an eye on what i'm doing and putting me right!:lol

Will let you know about tomorrow night, atm I think all will be cool but i'll confirm tomorrow.
Looking forward to more games like today it was great fun and i'll try and join practice sessions whenever I can.
I doubt TTP is worse than Newsbot was during the old days.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
Shame we don't have news around these days. Only his skill outdid his rage.
I don't know, I don't think we'd really be able to take his transition from text chat to voice chat, although in voice chat we could actually mute him.

He was really good though. Just wish he wasn't so into it all the time.

Lince

Banned
after playing all day long testing everything to check my performance I want to change my role in the GAFe team to a permanent medic with boost or air support as a secondary badge... sorry to be a pain in the ass TTP but I'm sure that's how I'll do better for the team, specially in bodycount and C&H.

edit: what's this tomorrow night thing? I wanna play!

Ilparazzo

So, I've finally finished every ribbon except air support, I need a volunteer to help me get that piece of crap, I've played a bunch of games and I only managed to get 1 air support ribbon, I'm tired.

RavenFox

Banned
Well Im in the lobby of the clan match with a few of the fellas right now. Game starts in less than 3min.

gregor7777 said:
Any clan matches for GAF East 2 tonight? Can't get on my PS3 for awhile.
above the quote

Raist

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
So, I've finally finished every ribbon except air support, I need a volunteer to help me get that piece of crap, I've played a bunch of games and I only managed to get 1 air support ribbon, I'm tired.

I can boot it up if you want. Already have my air support ribbon but I guess I could work on another one while your drones murder me :D

Ilparazzo

Raist said:
I can boot it up if you want. Already have my air support ribbon but I guess I could work on another one while your drones murder me :D
I'd appreciate that mate, I'll be your punching bag if you'd like, just tell me what to do.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Here some interesting tournaments scheduled for this Sunday 15th evening/night, all taking place in Salamun Market. Just two require some pre-arranged tactics. The rest is suitable for anyone.

*FF'-compartiment@ 6:30PM GMT
10vs10
Bodycount, Assassination, Capture and Hold
2 clans signed
Note: Open to all GAFe members

Best Tournament !@ 7:15PM GMT
3vs3 (no rockets/grenade launchers)
Bodycount, Assassination, Capture and Hold
1 clan signed
Note: entry fee is 40VP. 1st place earns 1504VP. 2nd 772VP. 3rd 284VP. wtf. Open to all GAFe members

=LK=@ 7:30PM GMT
8vs8
Bodycount, Assassination, Search and Destroy
1 clan signed
Note: this requires tactics practice.

6 v 6 TDM/ASSASIN@ 8:00PM GMT
6vs6
Bodycount, Assassination
1 clan signed
Note: Open to all GAFe members

6 vs. 6 WAR@ 8:15PM GMT
6vs6
Bodycount, Assassination, Capture and Hold, Search and Destroy
1 clan signed
Note: this requires tactics practice.

I might subscribe to all of them since it's not sure which one is actually going to happen. Most have only 1 clan signed.

Top Bottom