• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
Here are the squads for now:

ALPHA (2p)
(Leader) Bloody_Marcel [Tactitian/Boost]
Dave1988 [Engineer/Air Support]

BRAVO (2p)
(Leader) ???? [Tactician/Repair]
Live_Feed [Full Saboteur]

CHARLIE (3p)
(Leader) Lince_Spain [Special Class Switcher - Scout/Repair for S&D. Switches to Engineer/C4 for C&H. Switches to full Assault for S&R and Assassination]
Cagen [Full Assault]
Raistlinn [Full Medic]

I need the BRAVO Leader.

I'll send tactics via PM to all those participating.

omfg I'm going to write down all that class switching in a post-it or something, I guess you want me to repair the mounted gun in the balcony and move to the little room to start sniping closing-in guys right? I guess I'll start the game with the Scout/Repair badges and repair that gun before the first game mode triggers.

Cagen

Lince said:
omfg I'm going to write down all that class switching in a post-it or something, I guess you want me to repair the mounted gun in the balcony and move to the little room to start sniping closing-in guys right? I guess I'll start the game with the Scout/Repair badges and repair that gun before the first game mode triggers.

Heh, when I read that and then underneath that I am an Assault I thought to myself "Ah, the easy life". All I have to worry about is ditching the damn rocket launcher for a decent weapon - unless the situation calls for some rocket spam :lol.

KZObsessed

Anyone want any ribbons? I'm willing to be a punching bag if anyone wants :lol

I just need 1 turret ribbon and I can get the repair ones. I'm stuck at the moment, only need turret and air drone.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Anyone want any ribbons? I'm willing to be a punching bag if anyone wants :lol

I just need 1 turret ribbon and I can get the repair ones. I'm stuck at the moment, only need turret and air drone.
MEEEEEE.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Ok, I'll make a game and lets get some ribbons. Let me finish this game.

Which ones do you want?
Too many :\

Assassination ribbons (Both)
Air Support kills
Turret kills
Scout kills
Melee kills
Pistol kills

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
Too many :\

Assassination ribbons (Both)
Air Support kills
Turret kills
Scout kills
Melee kills
Pistol kills

Actually me and alba are going to do it properly 2moro, do you want to join then and we'll do a whole bunch?

Tho if you can help me get 1 turret one tonight that'll be great. Which one of those is closest to getting a medal for you? We'll do 1 turret ribbon for me for the medal, then we'll get you a medal tonight after that.

Ilparazzo

So, my stupid connection is acting up and I can't even log in to the PSN anymore (and gaf is taking forever to load) so no killzone 2 for me. Hope I can get this sorted out soon.

I wanted air support/melee ribbons too...

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Actually me and alba are going to do it properly 2moro, do you want to join then and we'll do a whole bunch?

Tho if you can help me get 1 turret one tonight that'll be great. Which one of those is closest to getting a medal for you? We'll do 1 turret ribbon for me for the medal, then we'll get you a medal tonight after that.
Alright.

Create a game. I'll join.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've sent the tactics to the fantastic 6. In order to avoid confusion, I just sent those for S&D missions (both on attacking and defending).

Ilparazzo, I've sent one to you as well in case you want to join this practice session. We still miss one guy for tomorrow's tournament so you might fill the gap indicated by the ????? in there (the BRAVO team tactician) for the purpose of the practice.

I'll create a "GAFe Training" room 15 mins from now so you have time to read the tactics before joining. I'll make it S&D/Salamun Market only of course so we can keep practicing this. Autobalance is OFF. Choose Helghast when you join.

Tomorrow I'll expand on this by adding two other missions tactics (C&H and S&R) so we can practice on those as well. I think we have no time for Assassination practice but that doesn't really need it as it is fairly simple.

Oh, any gaffer can join of course. Just be sure to select ISA so you don't join those actually practicing.

Rorschach

Nafai1123 said:
according to the events schedule for GAFw, we are playing GAF West 2 in like 25 min. :lol

Anyone actually gonna be able to play?
I'd be down for it (GAFW2), but... I don't know how many GAFW2 members would show up. I'd hate to play a 2 v 8 game. :p

Rorschach

Sorry, aj. If I hadn't gone on the phone when we were on D, we might have won. :(

GG GAFw

[edit] Leader of GAF West: maybe if you let me and aj in, you could field a whole team vs GAF2. :p

Ploid 3.0

Rorschach said:
Sorry, aj. If I hadn't gone on the phone when we were on D, we might have won. :(

GG GAFw

[edit] Leader of GAF West: maybe if you let me and aj in, you could field a whole team vs GAF2. :p

Omg a draw. Who was it that got the speaker but dropped down? I thought I grabbed the speaker after killing the guy. That was close, [GAFW] started off strong for 2 people. They held the top platform well and I shouldn't have tried to go up there causing them to get a good lead. I screwed that up.

Replay
http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=1849297&kz_file_id=1656262

Rorschach

Ploid 3.0 said:
Omg a draw. Who was it that got the speaker but dropped down? I thought I grabbed the speaker after killing the guy. That was close, [GAFW] started off strong for 2 people. They held the top platform well and I shouldn't have tried to go up there causing them to get a good lead. I screwed that up.

Replay
http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=1849297&kz_file_id=1656262
Yeah, once we saw you had a sniper (which was probably retaliation for turret), that's 1 less person playing really, so it was easy to hold the lead.

You shotgunned me on the way to what would have been the win in search and retrieve. :( I was running full speed, too. :lol

Look at ISA defend S&D starting at 1:20. :( No #2 at all... poor aj having to do everything by himself.

Ploid 3.0

Yea that was way too close. I'm glad that one turned out to be a draw because there was too much fumbling. For the first delivery one of you guys almost dropped down that hole to pass it to your goal, then I killed just as they reached that hole. I dropped down thinking the speaker would be down there, but it was still at the top. Then one of my team mates got it and dropped down, but went to the enemy's goal and dropped off of the suspended platform. He almost got back to the top hole but you guys got it from him and delivered it. Tense stuff.

For the capture and hold me and my bots + the manual turrets held that middle spot pretty good. I'm sure our numbers definitely gave us the win on that. And we both won the search and destroy, and each assassination missions. 3 to 3, tie.

Rorschach said:

GG GAFw

Sure sent an invite.

GAFw we have a match in 5 mins! Hurry!

BTW what happens if nobody from one side shows up?

Rorschach

xBerserker said:
Sure sent an invite.

GAFw we have a match in 5 mins! Hurry!

BTW what happens if nobody from one side shows up?
If nobody shows, it's a forfeit. Other clan wins. Didn't get the invite, btw. :X

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
First of all I want to thank these guys for taking part to the practice session:

dazed808 | Rick808 (who wasn't on the list of those participating to the tournament but got in by pure awesomeness. He's gonna take ilparazzo spot)
Lince | Lince_SPAIN
Cagen | Cagen
Dave1988 | Dave1988

We did a great work at testing some of the S&D tactics. I'm optimistic about the overall performance once we get all 7 of us in place.

----------------------------------------------------------
FINAL ROSTER with relative classes.

ALPHA Squad
TTP | Bloody_Marcel (Tactician with Repair - unless Rick808 manages to unlock Repair)
Dave1988 | Dave1988 (Engineer with Air Support)

BRAVO Squad
Facism | Live_Feed (Full Saboteur)
dazed808 | Rick808 (Full Tactician - unless he unlocks Repair)

CHARLIE Squad
Lince | Lince_SPAIN ("Switcher" - Starting as Sniper)
Cagen | Cagen (Full Assault)
Raist | Raistlinn (Full Medic)

------------------------------------------------------------

LAST PRACTICE SESSION

I'll be creating a new practice session this morning (Saturday 14th) at around 9 or 10 AM. Room name is "GAFe Practice". Autobalance is off in order to allow us to play in the same team. Be sure to check the Helghast side. And please, participate. All of you. It's gonna be up till lunch time.

------------------------------------------------------------

TACTICS

I'll be sending PMs with full tactics (covering all missions) to everyone. It's gonna be a wall of text, but you don't need to memorize all of it. Just focus on the roles you are given and stick with those in-game.

--

Time to sleep. See you in... er, 5 hours (sigh).

Yeah, I just wanted to come say that the three dudes from GAFw that showed up are fucking troopers, man. I salute you for seeing it through.

EDIT: And you too, Trevelyan. Sorry to hear about your PS3 freezing. :(

WHOAguitarninja said:
Well that was rather lopsided =/

My condolences to the GAFw members who actually showed up. I don't imagine that was much fun.

Yeah, I thought we were going to be a man or two behind, but Beamer literarily showed up 5 seconds before the game started.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Well that was rather lopsided =/

My condolences to the GAFw members who actually showed up. I don't imagine that was much fun.
WHOA, I just wanted to commend you on your work today. I know people were giving you shit after the match for the 4 hour practice ahead of time, but these things are hard to coordinate and you did yeomen's work.

Rapping Granny said:
Yeah, I thought we were going to be a man or two behind, but Beamer literarily showed up 5 seconds before the game started.

Was referring to the GAF3 vs. GAFw game, in which GAF3 outnumbered GAFw 12-3. I think most of our team felt really bad about that.

Anyway, to GAF3 members, I sent out a big long clan message over KZ2's message system. (and I'm about to send another, forgot to say a few things). It's in reverse order in your inbox(message limit=( ) so read the last one first.

WHOA, I just wanted to commend you on your work today. I know people were giving you shit after the match for the 4 hour practice ahead of time, but these things are hard to coordinate and you did yeomen's work.

Thanks, I felt that the practice, if a bit long(or way too long), was good because I think I know how to make them both shorter and more effective now.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Was referring to the GAF3 vs. GAFw game, in which GAF3 outnumbered GAFw 12-3. I think most of our team felt really bad about that.

:lol

wow I am retarted.

Edit: Holy shit it was Gafw too, man they are having a bad day or something.

Sorry for leaving mid game East 2, I had to run, but at least I helped you guys win the first couple points. I saw we outnumbered them so it at least made it more fair. btw im Assassin47 on PSN

Top Bottom