• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Cagen

Lince said:
not all, there's one going in roughly 2 hours

As long as it doesn't get cancelled, which I think it will because last I checked there was only 1 other clan signed up to it.

There are a small group of us dedicated to playing with GAFe in clan matches and tournaments, just enough to actually make most of the matches though obviously we can't all be there all the time so we do miss out of a few or lack the required number for the match.

It doesn't help when finals of tournaments are scheduled at the same time as other matches, we had to split into two under manned teams to play two matches today, so this is just something to watch out for when subscribing to tournaments - I am guessing Marcel got excited and wanted to subscribe to everything today :lol but no worries.

Not that I am in any kind of official position with in the clan to say this but if there are any lurkers who rarely post or junior members that don't think they would be welcome in the clan that actually want to participate in clan tournaments and matches then speak up because you would, we need you far more then members that haven't logged in for over 2 weeks.

Lince

Banned
good games guys, when we play together it's fun and competitive...

I just want to raise a question concerning GAFe... putting aside the obvious fact that 88% of clan members rarely play or don't bother joining GAF rooms, my concern is what's the point in having a clan officer that never gets online or appoints clan matches? TTP works wonder for the clan but he cannot be around everyday and then there's nothing, nada.

we're always the same 5-6 guys playing and willing to get into a clan match but can't, I would suggest giving Raist or Cagen the power to appoint clan matches so even if we are the only 2 clan members playing the game almost every night we could search for a 2 vs 2 match at least.

edit: parazzo, if you are a bad squad leader then I'm a little girl blowing bubbles around the maps.

xBerserker, I got some images you can use on KZ.com for the clan banner:

2s9zya9.png

11jx6r4.png

And if the clan agrees, we could use this as our banner in this thread:
2ueip7m.png

dazed808

Ilparazzo said:
Good games, sorry about being such a crappy squad leader rick

No worries mate you do much better than I do when I try and lead and your points total in that match begs to differ anyway!

Ilparazzo said:
I keep getting killed.

Erm yeah quite a few of those was me... hammer's a bitch with FF on with a few of those objectives:lol

dazed808

Lince said:
all good stuff

Agree 100%, TTP, although showing superhuman stamina with all the hours he's put it, is gonna need some help sorting thing out and it will give him some time to sort more awesome tactics for other maps! Would be good if we can have both Cagen and Raistlinn if they are up for it.

dazed808

Thrakier said:
Uhm, am I allowed to particpate in clan matches too? I'm not that good though. We played some rounds together, GAF Seph.

Of course you can, just keep an eye on the events tab on the ingame clan pages and join. There may be the occasional game where players have been selected pre-game and already have roles/tactics etc but if you keep an eye in here you will know which ones those are.

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Uhm, am I allowed to particpate in clan matches too? I'm not that good though. We played some rounds together, GAF Seph.

we're begging for GAFe members like you to step up and say "I wanna play", the more the better :D

ATTENTION ALL GAF WEST 2/ GAF CENTRAL CLAN MEMBERS:

I have sent clan invites to clan members since we are merging everyone into the first GAF West clan so we get a healthy presence at clan matches. If you didn't get an invite, please pm me.

rexor0717

KilgoreTrout said:
ATTENTION ALL GAF WEST 2 CLAN MEMBERS:

I have sent clan invites to all of you from GAF West 1 since we are merging the two GAF west clans. If you didn't get an invite, PM me.
Did a lot of people drop out of the clan or something?
Also, last time there was a clan game, no one showed up. I waited for like 4 minutes, then split.

rexor0717 said:
Did a lot of people drop out of the clan or something?
Also, last time there was a clan game, no one showed up. I waited for like 4 minutes, then split.

Neither clan has a lot of active members, so the clan leaders agreed we should merge them so we can have a better turnout to clan matches and such.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sorry for the no show today but I kinda entered into a coma state and slept the whole day basically. I see you guys won one of those tournaments tho. So it's all good. :D

I agree about the need of more active officers, and thus I'm appointing ilparazzo, Cagen, Dave1988 and Raistlinn as such.

Also, since it appears we have reached the clan members limit (it's 64 right?), I'm gonna kick some dudes in the future to make room for newcomers willing to participate more often. That's how things works with clans. You start with inviting as many people as you can, but of course nobody can predict how much they are gonna play (heck, some might even get bored and move along to the next game) and then you start to cut and end up with a smaller roster of more active guys.

Raist

Banned
We really appreciate your great work TTP, especially since you were'nt originally supposed to handle the clan :)

Great couple of matches few minutes ago. We also had Click join for a bit (unless I'm mistaken, his psn is Escalation isn't it?) as well as other guys from other GAF clans. Who quickly left because they were overwhelmed by the power of GAFe :D
We need more GAF to GAF challenges :p

Then we had some fun with Cagen, everybody else basically left so we did some stupid stuff. Like him planting C4 all over my face :lol

Cagen

Raist said:
We really appreciate your great work TTP, especially since you were'nt originally supposed to handle the clan :)

Great couple of matches few minutes ago. We also had Click join for a bit (unless I'm mistaken, his psn is Escalation isn't it?)
Then we had some fun with Cagen, everybody else basically left so we did some stupid stuff. Like him planting C4 all over my face :lol

Then shooting it and blowing him up :lol, it was a hard win but we pulled through in the end 6-0.

I agree with the appreciation, with out Marcel we would have nothing.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Then shooting it and blowing him up :lol, it was a hard win but we pulled through in the end 6-0.

I shot the C4 you put on the S&D objective and it blew up as well. I swear it wasn't possible before, except with a grenade.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
:D

Oh, forgot to tell something to the newly appointed officers. In order to avoid overlapping matches, post here the list of clan challenges or tournaments you want to pick up and sort it out with other officers before applying.

And use both the in-game and the website communication center. It's useful. In the future it should be easier to manage things as Guerrilla adds clan functions to the website, but I think it is already possible to send PSN messages via the website if you add people to the My Killzone friends list. At least it was like that during the beta. Try it. Simply go to the clan roster, click on the member you want to add to the list and select the appropriate option from the pop up menu. Next time you click on people in the clan roster, you should get the send message option on those who are on your friends list as well. You can also send messages via the friends list at the bottom of My Killzone.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist, check your PSN message box and tell me if you got the message I just sent you via the website.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
:D

Oh, forgot to tell something to the newly appointed officers. In order to avoid overlapping matches, post here the list of clan challenges or tournaments you want to pick up and sort it out with other officers before applying.

And use both the in-game and the website communication center. It's useful. In the future it should be easier to manage things as Guerrilla adds clan functions to the website, but I think it is already possible to send PSN messages via the website if you add people to the My Killzone friends list. At least it was like that during the beta. Try it. Simply go to the clan roster, click on the member you want to add to the list and select the appropriate option from the pop up menu. Next time you click on people in the clan roster, you should get the send message option on those who are on your friends list as well. You can also send messages via the friends list at the bottom of My Killzone.

Yeah, we're definitely going to work on this.

Checking my PSN right now

edit: nope, nada. Neither on my e-mail box I used to create my PSN account. Checking the website now but it's slow as hell.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Yeah, we're definitely going to work on this.

Checking my PSN right now

edit: nope, nada. Neither on my e-mail box I used to create my PSN account. Checking the website now but it's slow as hell.

Nah, there is no inbox thing on the website. I doubt you'll find it there. Perhaps it just takes some time.

Cagen

TTP said:
Nah, there is no inbox thing on the website. I doubt you'll find it there. Perhaps it just takes some time.

It shows the message in the communication centre on your profile at My Killzone on the website.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:

Right, forgot about that. Well we'll see if I get it.

Hey, Cagen, remember this guy during the last couple of matches, UltimaPT?

Quite nice guy, good player, and relies heavily on communication and stuff. I think we should recruit him :D
I added him in my buddy list so I can always drop him a message to see if he wanna join.
Apprently he's clanless so far. Dunno if he's from Europe tho. He sounded a bit british but I'm not sure.

Cagen

I'm not even going to get into the discussion of should we allow none GAF members into the Euro GAF clan. I'll let you older (non-junior) members decide that - I have no idea how this has been handled in previous GAF clans.

KilgoreTrout said:
So we're gonna merge the GAF west clans? :D

xBerserker, if you don't wanna be clan leader, I'd be happy taking the responsibility. I know you've already made me an officer.

Yes, let's merge all the GAF west clans into one. If your online a lot I can transfer the leadership to you. Since I'm married I don't play as much as I'd like. But I would like to be officer if that's ok?

Can the officer do everything the leader can for the most part?

And I love those images :D Great work. I'll try to change the clan image if the website loads for me.
Edit - When I try to update the image I get a "Saving the motto failed" .... even when I leave it blank.

Rorschach said:
If nobody shows, it's a forfeit. Other clan wins. Didn't get the invite, btw. :X

What's your PSN ID?

xBerserker said:
Yes, let's merge all the GAF west clans into one. If your online a lot I can transfer the leadership to you. Since I'm married I don't play as much as I'd like. But I would like to be officer if that's ok?

Can the officer do everything the leader can for the most part?

Sweet. Yeah, I play about 40-60 hours a week (Fuck being unemployed, and being in a new city with no one you know).

An officer can add people to the clan, and challenge other clans, I believe. Not sure what else they can do.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Right, forgot about that. Well we'll see if I get it.

Hey, Cagen, remember this guy during the last couple of matches, UltimaPT?

Quite nice guy, good player, and relies heavily on communication and stuff. I think we should recruit him :D
I added him in my buddy list so I can always drop him a message to see if he wanna join.
Apprently he's clanless so far. Dunno if he's from Europe tho. He sounded a bit british but I'm not sure.

As long as he is European, I'm cool with that. But he needs at least to lurk this thread to stay in touch with the clan.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
I'm not even going to get into the discussion of should we allow none GAF members into the Euro GAF clan. I'll let you older (non-junior) members decide that - I have no idea how this has been handled in previous GAF clans.

Well, junior, I was just asking your opinion, junior, since you played with him as well, junior.

Personally I don't give a shit, we need active, nice and skilled folks. Whether or not they're from GAF doesn't matter IMO. I prefer a good non-gaffer who is often online than a ghost gaffer.

Junior.

Seriously, stop with the junior thing, it's BS :p. Seeing how you spam the KZ2 threads, it won't take long before you're a "true" member. :D
And you're a clan officer now, that tops any non-junior status :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
KilgoreTrout said:
Sweet. Yeah, I play a lot. An officer can add/remove people from the clan, I believe. Not sure what else they can do.

I think that's Leader only stuff. Officers can only create/join tournaments and challenge other clans.

Not 100% sure.

TTP said:
I think that's Leader only stuff. Officers can only create/join tournaments and challenge other clans.

Not 100% sure.

Just checked out what I could do on Killzone.com.

An officer can challenge clans, and add people to the clan. They can't remove people, like I thought they could, but they can cancel invites.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:

Not 100% sure.

I have the option ro remove invites, and send invites. That's for sure. Dunno if I can kick people out tho.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ah cool. So Leaders are the only ones that can remove people/cancel invites. The rest can be done by any Officer.

Raist

Banned
Still haven't received any message btw. I guess it doesn't work.

edit: we can create tourneys, too.

Man that sucks, the tourney search menu displays tourneys that have already started and have upcoming rounds. What's the point?
Tourneys that are already full are displayed as well. Meh.

Looks like GAFw has a good 10-15 active member now.

Once everyone accepts their invite we'll have about 20 active members. Hopefully we can get some more too.

If anyone hasn't received their invite, just let me know.

Raist

Banned
wow going through the tournament list is quite painful. I think GG should limit the number of tournament that can be created, because htere's a shitload of them and most have only one clan registered.

Edit:

List of interesting tourneys for March, 16th. (I'm not even looking at tourneys with only 1 clan registered because it's likely it will be cancelled)

4v4 | 4 clans
2 clans signed up, max 4 (both are around 1k VP)
No fee, #1 gets 10VP
4vs4
Tharsis depot
Assault banned
All modes
8pm GMT

War!!!!
2 clans signed up, max 4
10VP fee, #1 gets 16VP
8vs8
HGH Industries
No bans
All modes
8:30pm GMT

3v3 Heroes (TBW)
3 clans signed up, max 4, all around 100 VP
10VP fee, #1 gets 16VP
3vs3
Corinth Crossing
No bans
Bodycount only
9pm GMT

4v4 tharsis depot
3 clans signed up, max 4, 2 around 1k VP
10VP fee, #1 gets 16VP
4vs4
Tharsis depot
No bans
All modes
10pm GMT

That's about it. Other ones only have 1 clan signed up.
So, GAFe, pick some of them. I tried to leave at least 1/2hour between each tourney. Problem is we don't know when are the other rounds planned (please fix this shit GG? I don't know why it's not displayed since AFAIK the clan that sets the tourney up picks times for all the rounds).
We can take several tourneys at the same time if we're enough people to join.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
wow going through the tournament list is quite painful. I think GG should limit the number of tournament that can be created, because htere's a shitload of them and most have only one clan registered.

That's what Officers are for! Deal with the shitty tournaments list :lol

GG FIX THIS SHIT!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
War!!!!
2 clans signed up, max 4
10VP fee, #1 gets 16VP
8vs8
HGH Industries
No bans
All modes