• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Lince

Banned
I just want to salute the new officers... count with my rifle for both the 8:30 and 10 pm GMT tournaments.

TTP said:
sorry for the no show today but I kinda entered into a coma state and slept the whole day basically

:lol :lol

Ilparazzo

I got to stop sleeping so much, I can't keep up with all these new posts...

Let's see, I have to say UltimaPT is probably portuguese (because of the PT in the handle) and that I'm free for every tournament after 20:00 GMT.

Holy crap, I'm an officer?

Cagen

Raist said:
Well, junior, I was just asking your opinion, junior, since you played with him as well, junior.

Personally I don't give a shit, we need active, nice and skilled folks. Whether or not they're from GAF doesn't matter IMO. I prefer a good non-gaffer who is often online than a ghost gaffer.

Junior.

Seriously, stop with the junior thing, it's BS :p. Seeing how you spam the KZ2 threads, it won't take long before you're a "true" member. :D
And you're a clan officer now, that tops any non-junior status :p

:lol I was only joking with all the junior stuff, though on the matter of whether we let non-gaffers into the clan I personally wouldn't want to make the call as I haven't been around as long as you other guys. As far as Ultima goes, he was all right and complained about my shotgun antics :D so I have no problem with asking him into the clan seeing as no one has a problem with it.

Tournament wise, the 2nd match of the 8v8 is going to be at around 9:15 which cuts it close for entering the 4v4 but do able I guess. I can play both though.

Thrakier

I played with some of you guys, do you know if you could understand my through my headset? I have the sony one with this volume bug... :( How can an official peripheral have a bug like that?

Facism

I've not been around the last day or so. Apologies if i missed anything. RE5 turned out not to be an AAA game, but also not the massive turd that people keep saying it it. Completed and out of the way, thank god my 360 allowed me to install.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Tournament wise, the 2nd match of the 8v8 is going to be at around 9:15 which cuts it close for entering the 4v4 but do able I guess. I can play both though.

How do you know that D:

Should be alright for the 2nd tourney since it starts on 10pm. As a match can't be more than 35 minutes (and usually less) it will be possible to manage both. But one hell of a ride :p

Looks like we'll be enough to handle the 8vs8 tourney.
I'd need a precise list tho.

So.

For the 8vs8 (8.30gmt)
Chryz
Cagen
Lince
Ilparazzo
TTP (?)
Me

Seph and Live_Feed?

For the Tharsis depot one (10 gmt)
JardeL
Chryz
Lince
Ilparazzo
Me
TTP

So we're more than enough for the 2nd one. I could always check the list to see if there's another intereseting small tourney.

edit: ooookay I've registered GAFe to both these tourneys. You'd better show up guys :D

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
I'll be on sometime after 9 and i'll join if there's any spaces left:D

We can always sign up to another small one if people can play all the matches.

Cagen, is there an option to see the overall ladder? For me it says it's not planned yet, so I have no idea as to when the following rounds take place.

Thrakier said:
Eh, those times...give me the berlin time, please. XD

Just add one hour. You can check ingame too, in the events section, as it always adapts to your timezone. So 9.30 and 11pm tonight

-viper-

Banned
I'll be there for the 8v8 tournament, if there are any free spaces, and provided my PS3 drive works (seems to be working now :)

TTP said:
Sorry for the no show today but I kinda entered into a coma state and slept the whole day basically. I see you guys won one of those tournaments tho. So it's all good. :D

I agree about the need of more active officers, and thus I'm appointing ilparazzo, Cagen, Dave1988 and Raistlinn as such.

Also, since it appears we have reached the clan members limit (it's 64 right?), I'm gonna kick some dudes in the future to make room for newcomers willing to participate more often. That's how things works with clans. You start with inviting as many people as you can, but of course nobody can predict how much they are gonna play (heck, some might even get bored and move along to the next game) and then you start to cut and end up with a smaller roster of more active guys.
Don't kick me out D:

I can only really play on the weekends.

Full Recovery needs to make more officers if he isn't going to sign us up for tournaments and the like. There are a ton of very good, active players who wouldn't mind doing it. Hell, Bobthefork ran the RFOM clan very well. I also wouldn't mind doing it. I am sure icechai and click wouldn't mind as well.

I'm signing GAFw up for some clan matches this coming Sunday.

One match is at 2 pm Pacific, 4 v 4.

The other match is at 4:30 pm Pacific, 10 v 10 against GAF3.

PM me if you can make either match.

I'm looking for a tournament to sign up for, but I need to know how many people are interested in being in one so I don't sign us up for one that is too big, or too small. So pm me also if you'd like to be in a tournament.

JardeL

Free space for 8vs8 match ?.. Count me in for it too ... :D

I hope my connection not to screw up the game ... It had problems today , seems ok now ...

Cagen

Raist said:
We can always sign up to another small one if people can play all the matches.

Cagen, is there an option to see the overall ladder? For me it says it's not planned yet, so I have no idea as to when the following rounds take place.

I just used my voodoo magic to estimate when the final would take place (it is usually 45 minutes after the first match if it is on the same day) but there isn't a way to see before the tournament starts as it doesn't set the rounds out as it doesn't know how many clans will be signed up. It should estimate for the amount that are signed up right now and then change when more do but I guess people are stupid and would get confused by that :p. There is so much I would change about this system it's not even funny, though the basic workings are pretty fluid.

You left me off the list for the 2nd tournament :(, I'll be around if you need me but I wont take anyone else's spot if they wish to play heh.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
So.

For the 8vs8 (8.30gmt)
Chryz
Cagen
Lince
Ilparazzo
TTP (?)
Me

Seph and Live_Feed?

For the Tharsis depot one (10 gmt)
JardeL
Chryz
Lince
Ilparazzo
Me
TTP

So we're more than enough for the 2nd one. I could always check the list to see if there's another intereseting small tourney.

edit: ooookay I've registered GAFe to both these tourneys. You'd better show up guys :D

thank you Mr. Officer, so which classes / badges are you guys going to pick?

Ok people, I'm ready to play anyone of the 2 games, but I hope I won't be kicked >< :D

EDIT BTW I'll pick any class, I really don't care, just give me a weapon and I'll give them SPARTAAAAA xD

Raist

Banned
The first tournament is in less than one hour so we need a precise roster as well as your classes

Lince, I will play medic as always.= :D

Confirmed players

Lince
Cagen (engineer/?)
Me (full medic)
Ilparazzo
Chryz
-Viper-
Vasilisk
JardeL

Be aware that this is only the first round, so be sure to be able to play all of them before signing up, except if we have enough people in case we need backups.

I'll check the other later tournaments in a couple of minutes to see if we can find another one in addition to the 2nd one we've signed up to (4vs4) if more people want to play at that time (10pm GMT)

Cagen, that sounds about right. But I've seen a lot of tourneys will rounds spread over a couple of days. We'll see.

Anyway. We really, really need to be organized folks, to not miss out on tourneys, so keep checking here and give all the needed infos. Thanks :D

Edit: There's a nasty tournament open for 4 clans, with 2 signed up so far.
Entrance fee is 100VP and the first prize is 160
It's 2vs2 on radec academy, assault is banned, all modes except capture and hold.
Time is 22.45 GMT

Hurry up guys, tell me which tourney you want to get in. For the second batch I mean.

I think we need a separate thread for the EU clan :lol

Edit 20984: We've been challenged by another clan on a 2vs2 match on Radec Academy. No bans, Bodycount - S&D - S&R modes only. There's no VP bet involved.
IT'S AT THE SAME TIME THAN THE FIRST TOURNEY, 20.30 GMT. If 2 guys want to step up, I'll accept the challenge.

Ilparazzo

Finally got home, I'll play whatever class is necessary.

EDIT: except assault

EDIT 2: The leader should make a thread for us (go leader!)

Facism

Man i really dislike this tournament crap. Why can't people do single games? It was hard enough to find the time for the second game in Saturdays tournament.

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
Man i really dislike this tournament crap. Why can't people do single games? It was hard enough to find the time for the second game in Saturdays tournament.

Well, there are clans challenges as well.

First tourney will open in 5 minutes folks...
viper, isn't your BD dead btw?

edit: So... where's everyone? :lol
:/

Lince

Banned
ok I'm joining the match lobby in 5 minutes, I guess I'm going with medic/c4 or tactician/boost depending on the badges and classes of my squad. In bodycount we need to keep together and try to hold a zone without going Rambo, better place to assassination defend is back at our base we need tons of C4 for nasty boosters / sabs etc... ok let's do this.

Cagen

Raist said:
The first tournament is in less than one hour so we need a precise roster as well as your classes

Lince, I will play medic as always.= :D

Confirmed players

Lince
Cagen (engineer/?)
Me (full medic)
Ilparazzo
Chryz
-Viper-
Vasilisk
JardeL

I'll go Assault as I don't think it is banned - if it is I'll go engineer/repair(or C4). What we really need is a tactician with boost for dropping spawn points if someone wants to step up to the plate.

Ilparazzo

Lince said:
ok I'm joining the match lobby in 5 minutes, I guess I'm going with medic/c4 or tactician/boost depending on the badges and classes of my squad. In bodycount we need to keep together and try to hold a zone without going Rambo, better place to assassination defend is back at our base we need tons of C4 for nasty boosters / sabs etc... ok let's do this.
No going Rambo? There goes my whole gameplan... :lol

I'll go Tact I think. Either Tact/medic or Tact/assault

dazed808

Ilparazzo said:
EDIT 2: The leader should make a thread for us (go leader!)

I was just thinking the same while washing up - fuck this game is starting to take over my poor, sleep deprived mind:lol
Good luck fellas will join you later

Facism

Did you guys get 8 players in the end? I was just online incase you needed someone to fill a spot. game started so i logged off.

DaFish

cjtiger300 said:
Full Recovery needs to make more officers if he isn't going to sign us up for tournaments and the like. There are a ton of very good, active players who wouldn't mind doing it. Hell, Bobthefork ran the RFOM clan very well. I also wouldn't mind doing it. I am sure icechai and click wouldn't mind as well.

Agreed...

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
Did you guys get 8 players in the end? I was just online incase you needed someone to fill a spot. game started so i logged off.
Nope, we went 7 on 1 because our enemies were a clan composed of 1 guy or something

Raist

Banned
So basically people joining the final won't be able to play the 4vs4 tourney on tharsis depot.

So we need 12 players!

Please post here to indicate which tourney you want to participate to.

I guess we'll keep the same team for the final anyway, but we have one spot free.

Me (alpha leader)
Cagen (slaughtered by paniguy :D)
Chryz
Ilparazzo

Lince (beta leader)
Vasilisk
JardeL
Profit?

10pm Tourney anyone?

I'll spend the next couple of minutes to check if there are any other interesting tournaments in the upcoming hours

Yeah, when it was about 1 minute to start the match, I sent him a PSN message asking about his people, and the asshole answered that he was the only one and he had done it for fun. Anyway we won lol. The final is at 9.45 GMT, and we have the vs 4 at 10 GMT

EDIT Ok, I prefer to play the vs 8 final, but if its needed I'll play the other one. I'm going to eat something, in 30 min I'm back

Cagen

The final's more important imo.

I wish people like that wouldn't sign up to large player tournaments. I mean a win is great but I would rather play a good match and lose then win by default.

Raist

Banned
Upcoming tourneys

4vs4 on tharsis depot, saboteur banned (lulz) as well as rocket launchers (assault allowed)
All modes
2 clans signed up so far
11pm GMT
10VP fee, winner takes 16

4vs4 on corinth crossing @ 11pm GMT
3 clans signed up
All classes, RL and GL banned
No fee, winner takes 10VP.

4vs4 on salamun market
All modes, classes and weapons
3 clans signed up so far
12pm GMT
10VP fee, winner takes 16

Aaaaand that's it, I'm sick of going through the list :p

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
I'll play in either of the 11PM ones, which ever you want. The 12PM one will prob go on too late.

Well the first one has sab banned which sucks IMO, but more VP

While the second one has 3 clans signed up already, but less VP.

I'd join, so that's 2. We still need 2 other players.

And we still need 4 people for the 10pm tourney (remember, we've signed up) as well as a number 8 for the upcoming final.

*edit: k, signed up to the corinth crossing one

dazed808

Raist said:
Well the first one has sab banned which sucks IMO, but more VP

While the second one has 3 clans signed up already, but less VP.

I'd join, so that's 2. We still need 2 other players.

And we still need 4 people for the 10pm tourney (remember, we've signed up) as well as a number 8 for the upcoming final.

can be on for 10, though no headset at the mo which could be a disadvantage, so will only take a spot if needed

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
So basically people joining the final won't be able to play the 4vs4 tourney on tharsis depot.

So we need 12 players!

Please post here to indicate which tourney you want to participate to.

I guess we'll keep the same team for the final anyway, but we have one spot free.

Me (alpha leader)
Cagen (slaughtered by paniguy :D)
Chryz
Ilparazzo

Lince (beta leader)
Vasilisk
JardeL
Profit?

10pm Tourney anyone?

I'll spend the next couple of minutes to check if there are any other interesting tournaments in the upcoming hours

I'm going to pick medic+c4 since the other medic (Raist) is in the alpha squad, I guess Vasilisk is going to pick saboteur so Jardel could you play as tactician + boost ? deploy spawn points for S&D and try to get home the propaganda with your boost, we'll cover you. Well what the heck I'm not TTP I don't know shit, pick whatever you are more comfortable with... :lol

4vs4 on corinth crossing @ 11pm GMT
3 clans signed up
All classes, RL and GL banned
No fee, winner takes 10VP.

sounds interesting, I'll play that

Raist

Banned
HOLY SHIT GUYS THE FINAL IS OPEN AND FULL OF THE OTHER CLAN. JOIN NAO

Dazed808: Well, yeah, join the other one, we need more clan matches going on :D
I hope there will be enough people because we've signed up for it already.

Lince said:
sounds interesting, I'll play that

I signed up. We're three already (you, me and Cagen). Need a fourth :D

Top Bottom