• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

KilgoreTrout said:
I'm signing GAFw up for some clan matches this coming Sunday.

One match is at 2 pm Pacific, 4 v 4.

The other match is at 4:30 pm Pacific, 10 v 10 against GAF3.

PM me if you can make either match.

I'm looking for a tournament to sign up for, but I need to know how many people are interested in being in one so I don't sign us up for one that is too big, or too small. So pm me also if you'd like to be in a tournament.

I think i can make the first sunday one, but ive never played with just a 4 man team before. Im on mountain time and would much prefer to play that 10 vs 10 one. dont think i can make that one though.

Raist

Banned
Ok, I'm not signing up anymore to tourneys with RL on, or if FF is off.
They bascially had 4 assaults spamming rockets the whole time. ffs

Raist

Banned
There was nothing we could do. Except all joining as assaults as well. Whee. Super fun.

Godspeed Rick JardeL and bovo!

Cagen

Well that was a complete shambles. I vow never to play in another match with FF off and rocket launcher on absolutely ridiculous. That being said we pretty much sucked anyway, no communication and on the one round we did win (Assassination) I only saw myself and Ilp rushing the target and luckily I got him heh.

We really need to try and step it up in these larger matches. We do really well in the smaller matches as we communicate much better but with it being so hectic in larger matches we fall down on this.

Shit, I'm sorry guys, I need to train more, I did pretty bad. And yeah, they abused the rocket spamming and I swear 2 of them were pretty laggy. For the other matches, except half an hour I'll around here, I would like to play but if the games are full no problem

Lince

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'VE BEEN OWNED BY A BUNCH OF SPANISH NOOBS IN THEIR FIRST TOURNAMENT!!!!

here we are, talking about strategies and squads and whatnot... the fact is we only need 6 people to pick assault + rocket launchers and the other 2 pick engineer with shotguns, THAT'S IT!

I think our philosophy should move towards finding games with FF enabled and assault class disabled, that class is there just for Unreal Tournament or Quake players. Takes triple damage, moves faster, have a deadly weapon and can grab yours anytime... yeah, people keep telling assault is balanced and by disabling it you're a pussy... hello, I'm the biggest pussy, that crap doesn't belong to KZ2 for fucks sake!

Ilparazzo

Raist said:
There was nothing we could do. Except all joining as assaults as well. Whee. Super fun.

Godspeed Rick JardeL and bovo!
I never thought FF was so important, every time they spawned in S&D they just emptied the RL, took 3 of our guys and proceeded to get killed without any of their own team dieing, ridiculous.

Cagen

ChryZ said:
I just muted their whole team ~_~

The pre game lobby needs changing - you should ONLY be able to here and talk to your own team and not the opposition. It is impossible to get a word in or talk tactics or anything when the other team wont shut up.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Well that was a complete shambles. I vow never to play in another match with FF off and rocket launcher on absolutely ridiculous. That being said we pretty much sucked anyway, no communication and on the one round we did win (Assassination) I only saw myself and Ilp rushing the target and luckily I got him heh.

We really need to try and step it up in these larger matches. We do really well in the smaller matches as we communicate much better but with it being so hectic in larger matches we fall down on this.

True, but what could we do when they kept spamming the voice channel (ok I muted them, but not on the get go) and basically have 4 assaults spamming rockets non stop, two engineers running around with the fucking shotty...
What's the point in playing like this for christ's sake.

On like 90% of my 1 on 1 encounters I owned them pretty fast, most of them couldn't aim for shit, but when it's a rocket/grenade spam, there's nothing you can do.

Cagen

Lince said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'VE BEEN OWNED BY A BUNCH OF SPANISH NOOBS IN THEIR FIRST TOURNAMENT!!!!

here we are, talking about strategies and squads and whatnot... the fact is we only need 6 people to pick assault + rocket launchers and the other 2 pick engineer with shotguns, THAT'S IT!

I think our philosophy should move towards finding games with FF enabled and assault class disabled, that class is there just for Unreal Tournament or Quake players. Takes triple damage, moves faster, have a deadly weapon and can grab yours anytime... yeah, people keep telling assault is balanced and by disabling it you're a pussy... hello, I'm the biggest pussy, that crap doesn't belong to KZ2 for fucks sake!

I don't agree with disabling the assault character as there are ways to counter it however FF should always be on - being able to fire rockets one after another into a battle without damaging your own team is absurd. I do think they need to make the walk/run speed for Assults even slower, however keep boost at the speed it is, this would balance them out pretty perfectly in my eyes (think of the speed of the heavy in team fortress 2 if you play it but then be able to boost up to over your maximum running speed) and FF should always be on or it ends up stupid.

Ilparazzo

Raist said:
True, but what could we do when they kept spamming the voice channel (ok I muted them, but not on the get go) and basically have 4 assaults spamming rockets non stop, two engineers running around with the fucking shotty...
What's the point in playing like this for christ's sake.

On like 90% of my 1 on 1 encounters I owned them pretty fast, most of them couldn't aim for shit, but when it's a rocket/grenade spam, there's nothing you can do.
Yeah, on the start I hadn't muted them because I thought hearing them talk (especially in assassination) was fun but they wouldn't EVER shut up and they weren't even talking about the game most of the time

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
The pre game lobby needs changing - you should ONLY be able to here and talk to your own team and not the opposition. It is impossible to get a word in or talk tactics or anything when the other team wont shut up.

and they need to turn the proximity chat off for the opposite team... in the middle of the action I cannot hear you guys, just the other guys yelling WOO I TOOK 2 WITH MA R0CK3T... seriously... ah, let's move on, we'll get better eventually.

Raist

Banned
4vs4 on corinth crossing @ 11pm GMT
All classes, RL and GL banned
No fee, winner takes 10VP.

Lince, Cagen and I are up for it. We need a 4th. :D

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
I don't agree with disabling the assault character as there are ways to counter it however FF should always be on - being able to fire rockets one after another into a battle without damaging your own team is absurd. I do think they need to make the walk/run speed for Assults even slower, however keep boost at the speed it is, this would balance them out pretty perfectly in my eyes (think of the speed of the heavy in team fortress 2 if you play it but then be able to boost up to over your maximum running speed) and FF should always be on or it ends up stupid.

I pretty much agree with you, but until those fixes are implemented I think we should either avoid games with assault class enabled or just join the rocket party if we want to win.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:

I'm tempted to pick a shotgun for this game

edit: I think Vasilisk said he would play this as well

Cagen

Raist said:

I'll take tactician/boost, I am guessing you'll be a medic :D so what class do you want Lince? We could do with Engineer/c4 for defensive capabilities.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
I'll take tactician/boost, I am guessing you'll be a medic :D so what class do you want Lince? We could do with Engineer/c4 for defensive capabilities.

ok I'll be engineer / c4, so shotgun time :D

Ilparazzo

Lince said:
I pretty much agree with you, but until those fixes are implemented I think we should either avoid games with assault class enabled or just join the rocket party if we want to win.
It's not like any of us actually play as assault normally anyways

Ilparazzo

Lince said:
whoops DP

Raist

Banned
btw, there is absolutely no way to check whether FF is enabled in the tournament settings. So I guess I'll check tournaments with RL disabled from now on.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
btw, there is absolutely no way to check whether FF is enabled in the tournament settings. So I guess I'll check tournaments with RL disabled from now on.

ok thank you Mr. Officer :D

dazed808

Raist said:
Nooo I'm gonna play sniper. *cough*

Wonder how it went for Rick & Co. Their tourney ladder isn't updated yet.

Well we got fuckin hammered but we put up a fight...sorta!
They just ran round us with shotguns and kept us in our base spawn with turrets placed everywhere - I'm sure those fuckers had more than 4!!
Anyways thanks to Bovo and Jardel, I wasn't looking forward to playing on my own:lol

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
They just ran round us with shotguns and kept us in our base spawn with turrets placed everywhere - I'm sure those fuckers had more than 4!!
Anyways thanks to Bovo and Jardel, I wasn't looking forward to playing on my own:lol

Looks like you experienced some great KZ2 skillz as well.
We still need a 4th for the upcoming tourney (1st round scheduled at 11pm GMT so we should be able to join the lobby soon). How 'bout joining us? :D

Cagen

Ilparazzo said:
It's not like any of us actually play as assault normally anyways

I often take assault in clan matches if its available but it's not like I can't play as anything else, in fact I would say I am pretty weak with it at least until I can ditch that shitty rocket launcher.

Have we got more conflicting matches now or not as the Tharsis Depot tournament will have a final and 3rd place final, no?

Logging on to check now - see you guys in the lobby.

JardeL

What the hell ?? I just got a network error at the beginning of round and couldnt be able to join again :( , sorry guys ...

So I joined and played Tharsis 4 vs 4 , we were only 3 and they owned us ... We were like prisoners in our base lol , turrets were everywhere ... 4 vs 4 is not that enjoyable , even tharsis is a small map ...

Lince

Banned
dazed808 said:

don't tell me they were boosting with the shotty...

Cagen

EnthusiasTech said:
What the hell ?? I just got a network error at the beginning of round and couldnt be able to join again :( , sorry guys ...

So I joined and played Tharsis 4 vs 4 , we were only 3 and they owned us ... We were like prisoners in our base lol , turrets were everywhere ... 4 vs 4 is not that enjoyable , even tharsis is a small map ...

That's a shame - I really like the smaller games as it can prove very tactical and teamwork generally wins out over brute force. That and I can totally dominate with a shotgun if needed with a kpd of around 4-1 :lol.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
I often take assault in clan matches if its available but it's not like I can't play as anything else, in fact I would say I am pretty weak with it at least until I can ditch that shitty rocket launcher.

Have we got more conflicting matches now or not as the Tharsis Depot tournament will have a final and 3rd place final, no?

Logging on to check now - see you guys in the lobby.

Final for the other tourney is at 11;40pm GMT. Our tourney is at 11. So it should be OK.

edit: corinth crossing tourney starts NAO

dazed808

Raist said:
Looks like you experienced some great KZ2 skillz as well.
We still need a 4th for the upcoming tourney (1st round scheduled at 11pm GMT so we should be able to join the lobby soon). How 'bout joining us? :D

They were not that good tbh, we were just outnumbered and couldn't hold any decent spawn points for long.
Will join you soon if there's still a space

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
They were not that good tbh, we were just outnumbered and couldn't hold any decent spawn points for long.
Will join you soon if there's still a space

I was sarcarstic :p. RL spam and Base camping should be worthy a BAN FROM THE PSN.

Or GG should force FF on for tourney, and place deadly turrets with a short range around bases.

And yeah there's a spot left AFAIK :)

Raist

Banned
Man that was so close.

Did I mention I hate the shotgun?

I hate the shotgun.

edit: tharsis depot final round is up, I'm in.

Cagen

Fucking PSN kicking me out of clan matches, it should be a crime! You guys better not lose without me :lol though Ihave faith in you.

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Sorry guys, my GF sat next to me and we played some SP, didn't want to send her away. :-/

b6rqeu.jpg

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
17th on 1am. It was a couple of minutes ago :p

There's a 3vs3 boducount tourney in Radec academy incoming. who's up ? :D

what time are we talking?

and yes that game was so close... I can't believe we lost bodycount the way we did... now I'm a shotgun believer anyway :lol

we're getting better guys, we'll get this right in no time if we keep playing together.

Top Bottom