• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Dibbz

I've got a friend who wants to sign up to the GAF Euro clan. He's waiting to get his account activated here so I'm asking on his behalf.

His PSN is jdog24.

So Wasp unit is leading the charge for Euro GAF? Sounds good. Can't wait to go up against you guys :D

DunpealD

Dibbz said:
I've got a friend who wants to sign up to the GAF Euro clan. He's waiting to get his account activated here so I'm asking on his behalf.

His PSN is jdog24.

So Wasp unit is leading the charge for Euro GAF? Sounds good. Can't wait to go up against you guys :D

Wii are also looking forward to have a session with you again.

But I don't think it'll be necessarily the Wasp unit. It will be people who will keep playing and enjoying it. Nevertheless, we'll be active when the time comes and we'll see how it works out. Hopefully we and the old Resistance clans will find our new home with KZ2.

Now onto another thing.

For the people who're keeping out of the happles and GhettoDJ thread here are the control options:

Dubbedinenglish said:
For everyone as from MotherH:

"STANDARD 1

L1 - Close combat
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Fire
R2 - Grenade

^ - Swap Weapons
[] - Reload/Pick up weapon (Hold)
O - Use
X - Jump

Left Analogue - Movement

Right Analogue - Look

L3 - Sprint

R3 - Zoom

STANDARD 2

L1 - Close Combat
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Grenade
R2 - Fire

^ - Swap Weapon
O - Use
X - Jump

Left Analogue - Movement

Right Analogue - Look

L3 - Sprint

R3 - Zoom

STANDARD 3

L1 - Close Combat
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Fire
R2 - Grenade

^ - Swap Weapon
O - Use
X - Jump

Left Analogue - Look

Right Analogue - Movement

L3 - Zoom

R3 - Sprint

STANDARD 4

L1 - Close Combat
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Grenade
R2 - Fire

^ - Swap Weapon
O - Use
X - Jump

Left Analogue - Look

Right Analogue - Movement

L3 - Zoom

R3 - Sprint

ALTERNATE 1

L1 - Grenade
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Fire
R2 - Swap Weapon

^ - Close combat
O - Use
X - Jump

Left Analogue - Movement

Right Analogue - Look

L3 - Sprint

R3 - Zoom

ALTERNATE 2

L1 - Zoom
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Fire
R2 - Grenade

^ - Swap Weapon
O - Use
X - Jump

Left Analogue - Movement

Right Analogue - Look

L3 - Sprint

R3 - Close Combat

ADDITIONAL

Invert X Axis

Invert Y Axis

X Axis sensitivity

Y Axis sensitivity

Zoom Hold toggle

Dpad-L/R/Down - Inventory

Crouch Hold toggle (MP only)

Dpad-Up - Objectives (SP Only) "

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=121595

I'll probably go for Alternate 1 since I'm used to have my Close combat as a face button.

EDIT: Also beware that some site or blog has the end fight in some kind spoiled hidden as a negative point. Also it's not a review.

Is it too late to get in a US clan? I've never played in one but think I'm ready to make the commitment with this game, or at least get into the launch party. I'm hoping to get it on MP right at launch. Lemme know.

PSN: NeedlesMcGirk

You guys, I would really like to join the GAF Clan for sure. So put me on the list. I will also be getting it at launch. If there is a Midnight release, I will have it. I will also NOT be working the Friday of release.

So I am down for the Launch Party and the CLan.

I live in Indianapolis and my PSN ID is "Filth_Flannigan"

So put me on the list my friends.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
Man i cant wait to play killzone with youz guyz, its gonna be a blast!

I even scheduled the week of march 2nd-6th off :O !!!!!

But i still have to work on release day =[. ill see u online filth flannigan, ur dead meat :D

GodofWine

I'm gonna add a handful of various regional clan members to my friends list to make sure I always have a gaf game to join if I so choose. :D

Kernel_ERROR USA/East Coast

is there a quick way to add friends like using the playstation website?

i think i might just unplug my pc keyboard or something to add east coast friends for random gaf games

edit I have that friday off also w00tablous!

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Hmm, looks like I'll be using Alternate 2 as that is the only one with Zoom on a shoulder. Non-toggle for me of course.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
PSN ID: Denogginizer

Picking this up day one and plan on investing a lot of time in it. I am East Coast US and can play typically from 9-11EST during the week.

DunpealD

3rdamention said:
You guys, I would really like to join the GAF Clan for sure. So put me on the list. I will also be getting it at launch. If there is a Midnight release, I will have it. I will also NOT be working the Friday of release.
Ilparazzo said:
Apparently I'll be able to get the game day one, so if there's any slot left for kolorzone, count this old boy in please.

DunpealD said:
People seem to be stoked for this so let's give that session a name :lol
sen7dy.jpg

KOLORZONE 2 - Official NeoGAF International Launch Warzone

Currently going to participating members(GAF names): 33/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
Aladuf23
FourSerioux(former -Cv-)
BlacKMaRK
LiquidMetal14
AzRim904
II VerTigo II
Alias03
-ARNiE-
ashism
ThirdEngine
xerxesian
Teknoman
needlesmcgirk
3rdamention
Ilparazzo
dragonflys545
NameGenerated
aj2good4you2
GodofWine
TheFatOne
Dave1988
DunpealD

depending on time:
Facism (after 9pm GMT)
dazed808 (after 10pmGMT)

I'll be updating the list from time to time. We also have to decide on a date, since some members will have the game earlier due to earlier release dates or broken street dates.

EDIT: We also have to figure out how to handle the big clans and who's going to be the leader.

Quote for the new page.

EDIT: Information about the clan options

cameltoe said:
POSTED? Some clan info.

From the main menu of the game:

Play
Community
Clan
Statistics
Options

After you select the Clan option, there are five options you can choose:

My Clan
Universe
Tournaments
Ranking
Member Ranking

1) Choosing the "My Clan" option:

Challenge Clan
Transfer Leader
Leave Clan
Demote Member
Promote Member
Kick Player
Revoke Invite
Invite Player

2) Choosing the "Universe" option:

This will display your clan's win/loss ratio, among other statistics. Also displays upcoming tournaments and clan news.

3) Choosing the "Tournaments" option:

Here you can sign your clan up to matches. . It will also display what weapons are allowed to be used, and what classes can be used, so you will know exactly how the tournament works, along with any added notes.

You can also create tournaments.

4) Choosing the "Ranking" option:

Here, you can check how your clan is doing world wide, or just in your region.

5) Choosing the "Member Ranking" option:

This option shows off the K/D statistics of your clan members. Not only that, but it tells you how well they played TODAY, LAST WEEK, the last TWO WEEKS, last MONTH, and ALL TIME.

DunpealD

Additional Information about clans and tournament from TTP:

TTP said:
You know what's the most innovating thing about Killzone 2 multiplayer? It's not just the Warzone mode, it's the integration of clan challenges and tournament. I don't recall any FPS doing this. I mean, you can set up challenges and tournaments from within the game without resorting to clan war websites and what not. And it's very deep system. Once a clan war is agreed upon by the two leaders (game proposals can jump back and forth with modifications between the leaders until they find an agreement), every clan member can read the details of the game they are going to play (modes, maps, date etc). Clan leader doesn't need to communicate shit via email, MSN or whatever. And 15 minutes before the actual game starts, you can simply select the event from the clan screen and jump to the lobby right away (which is automatically created by the game itself at the right time), already placed within you clan mates team ready to go. I dunno, I think this is fantastic from a community perspective.

TTP said:
Exactly. This makes things soooo easy. And I didn't mention another thing. Match time is automatically converted to your local time zone. So you don't need to calculate anything. If it says 9PM, it's 9PM your time.

Trailer showing off the MP maps by D+PAD:
http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2009/02/03/killzone-2-multiplayer-maps-preview/
or
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kZJM1VTgANT2xWW2SI

DunpealD

GodofWine said:
Since I plan on taking a sick day when it launches, I'd gladly be up for the launch party match if its that day.

Added you. Only 1 space left.

AzRim904 said:
It'll be tough to find a perfect time since we are all in different time zones. Lets say its US and europe only, we'll probably need to play around 3PM eastern time which would make it 12PM pacific and 9PM european. Hour or two difference depending on availability.

What do you guys think about this suggestion?

TheFatOne

DunpealD said:
People seem to be stoked for this so let's give that session a name :lol
sen7dy.jpg

KOLORZONE 2 - Official NeoGAF International Launch Warzone

Currently going to participating members(GAF names): 31/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
Aladuf23
FourSerioux(former -Cv-)
BlacKMaRK
LiquidMetal14
AzRim904
II VerTigo II
Alias03
-ARNiE-
ashism
ThirdEngine
xerxesian
Teknoman
needlesmcgirk
3rdamention
Ilparazzo
dragonflys545
NameGenerated
aj2good4you2
GodofWine
DunpealD

depending on time:
Facism (after 9pm GMT)
dazed808 (after 10pmGMT)

I'll be updating the list from time to time. We also have to decide on a date, since some members will have the game earlier due to earlier release dates or broken street dates.

EDIT: We also have to figure out how to handle the big clans and who's going to be the leader.

If there is a spot left can I join? PSN ID Lyulf

You guys, You know I want in the Killzone 2 CLan. I am located in the Midwest (Indianapolis, IN)

I have several of you on my friends list, several of you I have game shared with, and several of you I am in a Game Sharing Club with.

I really want in. I will have the game at launch and I will be taking the 27th off of work. So hook me up, put me in one of the clans that will get started.

I CANNOT WAIT!! !!!!!

Oh yeah, I have the Official Headset and will always use it, so you know that helps.

EDIT: Sweet, you guys already had me on the list. My PSN ID Is "Filth_Flannigan" if you need it for the invites.

Hopefully you guys can add me to the GAF Clan list since I do not see my name on there. That is what I was wanting to do, but I got on the Launch Game list as well. Hook me up Gaffers.

Also, I can play every weekday from about 10PM to 1 AM ET, Friday and Saturday Nights from 10PM ET to like 3AM. And I can play from about 10AM to 5pm on Sundays. So I have a pretty open plate gentlemen. This is going to be awesome. and Peace yall.

-viper-

Banned
Considering the 64 player clan size limit, exactly who will get the chop?

GAFe has about 66 players on the list from what I've counted.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
DunpealD said:
Added you. Only 1 space left.

What do you guys think about this suggestion?

I think thats about a good a time that can be scheduled if everyone around the world wants to play together at once.

but then again, im in PST and i will only be able to play Kz2 late mornings and early afternoons so it fits perfectly within my schedule =]

If there's any spaces get freed up for the Euro Clan, add me in!

PSN: prettyvacant77
Region: Europe(UK), GMT.

Am usually online after 8pm most nights.

GodofWine

ashism said:
Who should I send a FR to for KOLORZONEZ?

I think Im just gonna send out FR's to a bunch of random people in random GAF clans just to get a good cross section of KZ gaffers since I think this game will = 90% of my gaming for a long while.

Facism

GodofWine said:
I think Im just gonna send out FR's to a bunch of random people in random GAF clans just to get a good cross section of KZ gaffers since I think this game will = 90% of my gaming for a long while.

Feel free to add me. You too, ashism. My nick is in the OP, but here it is again:

Live_Feed

I think KZ2 is going to pull me away from Natural Selection like MGO did. Easily 90% of my online gaming.

TheFatOne

GodofWine said:

Add me if you want PSN ID is Lyuf

Top Bottom