• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Cagen

stimpledorf said:
You can place me down as a reserve for tonight's game folks, i should be kicking about for a few hours at least.

You can play in it if you want, there's a spot free. I am just putting myself down as a reserve for the matches recently as I get to play in most of them anyway and want to make sure the rest of the clan get in some games. I can also set up a smaller 2v2 or something if I really want to play.

Cagen

Ok, as the RATs tournament still only has 2 clans signed up and it might not go ahead unless two others sign up tonight I subscribed us to another at 9:00 GMT as to hopefully not clash with the other if it goes ahead.

Name: 5v5 gooooo
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5 (tournament full)
Time: Friday, March 20th, 9:00pm GMT
VP: 10 5 1 (free)
Map: Radec Academy
Modes: All
FF: ?
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: -viper-, Vasilisk, Lince (I assume you guys will want to play in this one either as well as or instead of the RATs tournament)
Reserve: Cagen

I hope FF is on or it will turn into a rocket spam fest fast, so sorry about that if it does guys.

Also GAF west haven't accepted our challenge in game, however they had posted in their thread saying they accept.

Rolf NB

I've played with TTP and Lince yesterday. I got shot in the face by celebrities. I'll never wash again!

So ... if you have a space free for tonight's matches, I'll play if you want me. I don't have a headset. If that's a problem, you may want to get someone else. I'm not super-awesome at the game but I'm ready to go in there and have some fun.

In case that means I'm in, the right thing to do would be to drop back into the lobby a few minutes earlier and look into the subscribed events in the clan menu ... right? I'm still a bit confused by that because I've only looked at it but never seen it work.

edit: btw, to complete my sign-up formalities, my PSN name is bcn-ron (it's in my GAF profile too). I have fully unlocked the medic and will have the engineer repair medal soon. I have the tactician spawn authority medal, but only 2 (legitimate!) air support ribbons so far. I haven't played anything else really. I think I made a single shot once with the sniper class and was a saboteur for three minutes.

Tactician and medic are my favourite roles. I need the M82 to function, basically.

Favourite (=most familiar) maps are Helghan Industries, Radec Academy, Corinth Crossing and Tharsis Depot.

Lince

Banned
bcn-ron said:
I've played with TTP and Lince yesterday.

don't forget Vasilisk, I remember you in a match where Vasilisk and I planted 6 C4 explosives in the S&D objective and an assault came boosting to defuse... we were laughing over the mics waiting for the fireworks but to our surprise the C4 exploded and he stood there defusing as nothing happened (and he didn't come from some tact spawn point)... no wonder most serious servers are banning assault these days.

edit: I hate assault, yes.

No problem with the 9:00 GMT game Cagen, I'll be ready to kick ass. And yeah, like Lince says, the assault literally eating a lot of C4 and being there like nothing had happened was :lol . I don't know if was a mix of lag and assault armor, but holy shit

Rolf NB

Lince said:
don't forget Vasilisk, I remember you in a match where Vasilisk and I planted 6 C4 explosives in the S&D objective and an assault came boosting to defuse... we were laughing over the mics waiting for the fireworks but to our surprise the C4 exploded and he stood there defusing as nothing happened (and he didn't came from some tact spawn point)... no wonder most serious servers are banning assault these days.
Yeah, we started as a team of two. I was like "wtf" and I think TTP was like "wtf" as well. We ran off in different directions trying not to be found :lol
Fortunately, we got reinforcements later. Fun game.

Cagen

bcn-ron said:
I've played with TTP and Lince yesterday. I got shot in the face by celebrities. I'll never wash again!

So ... if you have a space free for tonight's matches, I'll play if you want me. I don't have a headset. If that's a problem, you may want to get someone else. I'm not super-awesome at the game but I'm ready to go in there and have some fun.

In case that means I'm in, the right thing to do would be to drop back into the lobby a few minutes earlier and look into the subscribed events in the clan menu ... right? I'm still a bit confused by that because I've only looked at it but never seen it work.

I'll put you in the 9pm tournament as there are spaces available for sure. To join the game you go to the Events tab under the Clan menu and look for the name of the tournament/match you are playing in, the lobby for the match will open 15 minutes before the games start time, once the lobby is open the status of the tournament/match will change from subscribed or sign up closed to ready to join, at which point you press X to view the details of the game and then X again to join. The earlier you can get in the lobby the better, firstly to ensure someone doesn't just join the game and take your spot (we obviously try to heavily discourage this but sometimes it happens or mistakes are made) and secondly to make sure we have enough players for the match as someone like myself will jump into a game at the last few minutes the lobby is open to make sure we aren't low on numbers for that game. Also remember that these are tournaments so there are multiple matches (usually just two) but after the match has finished check when the final is taking place - it doesn't show it until after the first match has been played so we can't find out when signing up to tournaments :/

So far this is the roster, lince and viper can you confirm as this is a different tournament to the RATs one.

Roster: Vasilisk, Lince and-viper-???, bcn-ron

KZObsessed

Dave1988 said:
Holy shit, guys. You really are busy little bees.

I feel so left out :'(

Same. :lol

They have their own click going on over here.

*Holds Dave's hand*

C'mon Dave, we're not welcome here anymore..

*skips away*

Rolf NB

Cagen said:
I'll put you in the 9pm tournament as there are spaces available for sure. To join the game you go to the Events tab under the Clan menu and look for the name of the tournament/match you are playing in, the lobby for the match will open 15 minutes before the games start time, once the lobby is open the status of the tournament/match will change from subscribed or sign up closed to ready to join, at which point you press X to view the details of the game and then X again to join. The earlier you can get in the lobby the better, firstly to ensure someone doesn't just join the game and take your spot (we obviously try to heavily discourage this but sometimes it happens or mistakes are made) and secondly to make sure we have enough players for the match as someone like myself will jump into a game at the last few minutes the lobby is open to make sure we aren't low on numbers for that game. Also remember that these are tournaments so there are multiple matches (usually just two) but after the match has finished check when the final is taking place - it doesn't show it until after the first match has been played so we can't find out when signing up to tournaments :/
Great, thanks. I'll be there.

Lince

Banned
yeah I'll be playing this as well :D

Roster: Vasilisk, Lince and-viper-???, bcn-ron

rocket launcher here I come !

Rolf NB

Holy fuck. I swear, I was already dead before I touched the ground. Before even coming down from the balcony. I have no idea how precisely I suicided myself.

I feel like such a liability :lol

What about "destroy the class" btw? Was that supposed to be "assault that class room" or about a player class. Oh god, I still feel like such a liability.

What next?

edit: how do I text-chat? I have a USB keyboard connected but can't figure it out.

Cagen

Good job guys, ROCKET SPAM ALL IN THEIR FACES another win for Euro GAF.

ricky_martin_dancing-2549_thumb.jpg

The two rounds you lost were incredibly hard to win having more players and rocket spam. My favourite part was when BACON-ron jumped off the balcony and killed himself :lol.

Cagen

bcn-ron said:
Holy fuck. I swear, I was already dead before I touched the ground. Before even coming down from the balcony. I have no idea how precisely I suicided myself.

I feel like such a liability :lol

What about "destroy the class" btw? Was that supposed to be "assault that class room" or about a player class. Oh god, I still feel like such a liability.

What next?

edit: how do I text-chat? I have a USB keyboard connected but can't figure it out.

It was supposed to be destroy the class room but it didn't fit lol. There is no text chat in Killzone 2.

Now you check to see when the final is, should be later tonight or if an idiot set it up it will be on another day.

Rolf NB

Cagen said:
Good job guys, ROCKET SPAM ALL IN THEIR FACES another win for Euro GAF.

ricky_martin_dancing-2549_thumb.jpg

The two rounds you lost were incredibly hard to win having more players and rocket spam. My favourite part was when BACON-ron jumped off the balcony and killed himself :lol.
I kind of enjoyed myself, I must say.

I liked it when rocket dude shot the three of us at the same time, and we were all lying there squirming, in a neat row of half-corpses.

Lince

Banned
lol I hate rocket launchers boosting assholes with a passion... I mean that's ok for pub Quake III games but come on...

I never fired a rocket in a clan match until today!! and I suicided with it! oh well... victory!! so when is the final game again? Expect the same crap.

edit: I thought the final was today...

Rolf NB

Cagen said:
It was supposed to be destroy the class room but it didn't fit lol. There is no text chat in Killzone 2.

Now you check to see when the final is, should be later tonight or if an idiot set it up it will be on another day.
5vs5 gooooooooooooooo
3/21
Final at 10:00pm

So basically, an idiot set it up?

Cagen

Heh, I did say it would probably end up in rocket spam, there really should be a way to see what options are activated for each match, especially friendly fire as that would put a stop to so much rocket spamming.

FIX THIS SHIT GG

Cagen

bcn-ron said:
5vs5 gooooooooooooooo
3/21
Final at 10:00pm

So basically, an idiot set it up?

Well I say idiot but it's a bit harsh, I just hate it when tournaments are split up over days, especially when the first match is early in the evening and there is no way to find out when you subscribe to a tournament.

FIX THIS SHIT GG

-viper-

Banned
Cagen said:
Heh, I did say it would probably end up in rocket spam, there really should be a way to see what options are activated for each match, especially friendly fire as that would put a stop to so much rocket spamming.

FIX THIS SHIT GG
Rocket launchers should only be available to the default class to be honest.

Double health + rockets = madness.

-viper-

Banned
Cagen said:
Well I say idiot but it's a bit harsh, I just hate it when tournaments are split up over days, especially when the first match is early in the evening and there is no way to find out when you subscribe to a tournament.

FIX THIS SHIT GG
I take it you'd rather see the final played today, right? In that case I agree.

Cagen

-viper- said:
I take it you'd rather see the final played today, right? In that case I agree.

Yeah, I very much prefer the tournament to be on one day and the final is played an hour or so after the first match. However I know not everyone can dedicate a lot of hours each day to play but when you select a tournament from the list it doesn't tell you when the matches are scheduled for except for the first one. It is completely hit or miss when the final or consecutive matches are until after you have played the first, this is a big over sight from GG. Then again I would just about change everything to do with the tournaments apart from how smooth it is to enter and play.

Cagen

Lince said:
so how about finding some games for later tonight?

You know you guys can go through the tournament list as well and then post one that you want to enter or psn message/pm me or any other officer. We wont always get the message in time to sign up but it's means I don't have to go downstairs and go through the list each time lol.

Having said that, I'll go check now for a later tournament around 10:30/11.

Cagen

Ok, subscribed to a tournament starting in 40 minutes.

Name: 3v3
Ladder: 8 clans, 3vs3 (4 clans signed up)
Time: Friday, March 20th, 10:30pm GMT
Map: Tharsis Depot
Modes: no Search and Retrieve
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: No rocket/grenade launcher
Roster: Cagen

I would quite like to play in this so do two others want to join me?

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
You know you guys can go through the tournament list as well and then post one that you want to enter or psn message/pm me or any other officer. We wont always get the message in time to sign up but it's means I don't have to go downstairs and go through the list each time lol.

Having said that, I'll go check now for a later tournament around 10:30/11.

I didn't know I could do that, checking the list now, thank you Mr. Officer.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:

people who didn't play the last game should have priority, but I'll be around just in case.

Cagen

Lince said:
I didn't know I could do that, checking the list now, thank you Mr. Officer.

Yeah, everyone can but only officers can subscribe to them. The list is really annoying though as you have to go through about 10 pages before you get to matches that haven't started yet - you need to look for the matches with an actual time next to the date - "20 march, 2009 10:30PM".

dazed808

Cagen said:

I'll be on soon if there's a space free:D

Cagen

Myself, Rick and Lince then, unless someone who didn't play earlier wishes to play as Lince is willing to give up his spot.

Rolf NB

I can play again if you have a space free. I just played, so I'll stand back if the roster can be filled up without me.

edit: oh wow, 3vs3. Nevermind then.

Lince

Banned
bcn-ron said:
I can play again if you have a space free. I just played, so I'll stand back if the roster can be filled up without me.

edit: oh wow, 3vs3. Nevermind then.

why not? you play very good and put the rifle to good use, wanna take the spot? I can "entertain" myself with the touney list meanwhile... :p

Cagen

Lobby is open so someone needs to join me :lol, Rick isn't online yet but I hope he will be in a few minutes.

Seems the tournament filled up and has 8 clans. Two matches are tonight 10:30 and 11:40 I think it was and then the final is tomorrow at 10:30 which I think clashes with other matches but we'll sort something out.

Lince said:
why not? you play very good and put the rifle to good use, wanna take the spot? I can "entertain" myself with the touney list meanwhile... :p

If Rick isn't on in like 5 minutes we'll need you, his router will be playing up or something.

dazed808

Cagen said:
Lobby is open so someone needs to join me :lol, Rick isn't online yet but I hope he will be in a few minutes.

Seems the tournament filled up and has 8 clans. Two matches are tonight 10:30 and 11:40 I think it was and then the final is tomorrow at 10:30 which I think clashes with other matches but we'll sort something out.

If Rick isn't on in like 5 minutes we'll need you, his router will be playing up or something.

Sorry mate headset still fucked, best if you go as squad leader and we'll just follow you

Top Bottom