• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Raist

Banned
Fear my leet update skillz

edit: OP is up to date. Check it out to see what games are still open for people to join.

Cagen

Ok, looks like we need 3 more players for the clan challenge against GAF EAST 3 and then a 3 player team for the 3v3 tournament. I can play in the 3v3 match if we don't get 3 people wanting to play it.

Now I've got stuff I need to get on with so I'll leave you guys to get mentally prepared for WAR and I'll join you on the battlefield.

Raist

Banned
GAFe wants YOU

Challenges

vs GAF EAST 3 (8vs8) - CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
Time: Saturday, March 21st, 8.30pm GMT
VP: 10VP
Map: VH
Modes: All
FF: ON
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: -viper- (?), Live_Feed, Lince, Cagen, FFObsessed, Raist, ChryZ

Tournaments

Ongoing

Name: 5vs5 gooooooooo
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5
Time: Saturday, March 21st, 9pm GMT FINAL
VP: 10 5 1
Map: RA
Modes: All
FF: ?
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Cagen (ditching at 9:25 for the clan challenge if I make it in time from the other clan challenge), -viper-

Name: 3V3 8 team
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5
Time: Saturday, March 21st, 10.30pm GMT Final for 3rf place
VP: 10 5 1
Map: TD
Modes: S&R banned
FF: ?
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Cagen, Raist, -viper-

dazed808

gafewu.jpg

Yep, i'm bored

Rolf NB

I'm available tonight as well.
I will try not to die off the balcony.
I'd be of more use as medic or tactician. My shotgunning is all baby steps atm. M82 fo life.

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
gafewu.jpg

Yep, i'm bored

Jesus christ :lol :lol :lol

Ok folks we need one more guy for the GAF3 challenge (2 if viper doesn't play, when will you know whether you join us or not?) and 3 (maybe 4 as Cagen would have to bail out before the end) for the 5vs5 game.

GOGOGO

Facism

I looking forward to the GAF clan games. Didn't realise we had the Gaf East too, so that's a lovely surprise. I'm gon eat some Chicken Shish, get to the gym, temper this Turkish steel and be ready to rage my load all over both US clans.

A NEW CHALLENGER COMES!

Enrique-Iglesias-db03.jpg

Oh god fuck off :lol

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
oh god just noticed the map is Visari Hammer... urgh who picked that??? Hate that map :p

Visari Hammer is my favourite map and incredibly well balanced, probably the most balanced map there is.

JardeL said:
Clan matches are too late for EU :/ ...

8:30 and 9:30 GMT isn't that late, at least in my opinion (obviously +1 for all you non-English folk) but I had to make a compromise for playing American clans. If it was any earlier it would be over lunch time meaning people wouldn't want to or possibly not able to play, earlier then that would make it morning for the Americans, again cutting down on participation.

I think around 3 for them and 9 for us gives enough balance to get a good amount of people playing.

KZObsessed

Most balanced? The spawn points are right next to each other so everyone just runs head first into a staircase of cluster fuck :p

Apart from that tho, I do think the map is well designed. And it probably wont be so bad with 16 players. I just find myself out of the action a number of times on it for some reason, probably more my fault that anything. I do like it a lot more than Helghan Industries and Tharsis Refinery which I just find to be really dull. I never enjoy playing on those maps.

Saluman Market is my favorite, I think that is the best designed and well balanced. In fact I'd say it was my favorite map in any shooter. Every mode works great on it, even Search & Destroy is great there. Pyrrhus Rise is also awesome. And Blood Gracht and Radec Academy for smaller games. Corinth River is alright and Visari Hammer can be decent on occasions.

Raist

Banned
Need to know what people will play during the clan challenges, so that we can organize squads as well.

vs GAF3

-viper- (?):
Live_Feed:
Lince:
Raist: Medic
Cagen:
FFObsessed:
Chryz:
NEED ANOTHER MEMBER

vs GAFw
Live_Feed:
TTP:
Cagen:
Rick:
Vasilisk:
Lince:
FFObsessed:

dazed808

Raist said:
Need to know what people will play during the clan challenges, so that we can organize squads as well.

vs GAF3

-viper- (?):
Live_Feed:
Lince:
Cagen:
FFObsessed:
Chryz:
NEED ANOTHER MEMBER - If we're still short an hour before let me know i'll try arrange to be on

vs GAFw
Live_Feed:
TTP:
Cagen:
Dick: - anything but engineer I suck hard with the shotgun
Vasilisk:
Lince:
FFObsessed:

As bolded

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Most balanced? The spawn points are right next to each other so everyone just runs head first into a staircase of cluster fuck :p

Apart from that tho, I do think the map is well designed. And it probably wont be so bad with 16 players. I just find myself out of the action a number of times on it for some reason, probably more my fault that anything. I do like it a lot more than Helghan Industries and Tharsis Refinery which I just find to be really dull. I never enjoy playing on those maps.

Saluman Market is my favorite, I think that is the best designed and well balanced. In fact I'd say it was my favorite map in any shooter. Every mode works great on it, even Search & Destroy is great there. Pyrrhus Rise is also awesome. And Blood Gracht and Radec Academy for smaller games. Corinth River is alright and Visari Hammer can be decent on occasions.

There are 4 exits from the spawn points, just because people are idiots and pile up the stairs doesn't make it bad, though I guess the design could be a little better coming out from spawn as to not funnel everyone into the stairs.

Salaman Market is up there with Visari Hammer in my favourite maps and is very well designed, however isn't quite as balanced not being truly symmetrical, though if every map was it would be very boring - we also play it a hell of a lot so I picked something different. Pyrhuss Rise is good but the ISA have a the advantage on it, the opposite is true for Tharsis Depot where the Helghast have the advantage. I dislike Blood Gracht though more on a personal level then anything else, each faction has its own individual advantages and disadvantages on the map though. Radec and Conrinth are both good but only for very small teams, ~6 players a side. Finally on Helghan Industries search and destroy is a fucking shambles.

I still find enjoyment out of all the maps though.

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
oh shit, friendly fire is on both games! :lol

This sure is going to be interesting! :p

I wouldn't have it any other way. Games without FF are terrible.

Raist, I'll play as assault as per usual in large games. I am pretty sure TTP will be a boosting tactician, Live will be a saboteur and FFObsessed with be a scout(at least on PR).

dazed808

Cagen said:
I wouldn't have it any other way. Games without FF are terrible.

God yeah, there shouldn't be an option to switch it off in competitive matches.
I see TTP isn't down for the 8.30 match, was he missed off or can't make it?

Raist

Banned
vs GAF3

-viper- (?):
Live_Feed: Sab
Lince:
Cagen: Assault
FFObsessed: Sab/Assault
Chryz: Sab/Engineer or Assault
Maybe Rick (Anything but engineer)

vs GAFw
TTP: Tactician/Assault
Rick: Anything but engineer
Vasilisk:
Lince:
FFObsessed: Scout

KZObsessed

I'm not gonna be a scout on Visari Hammer, not the best map for sniping especially with only 8 people. I'll be a Sab with boost on that and a Scout on Pyrrhus.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
vs GAF3

-viper- (?):
Lince: Tactician + C4

vs GAFw
Vasilisk:
Lince: Tactician + C4

there

Raist

Banned
vs GAF3

-viper- (?): Tactician
Lince: Tactician/Sab

vs GAFw

Alpha Squad
Cagen: Assault (leader)

Beta squad
Vasilisk:

And yeah, we need at least an engineer in each match. 3 sabs seem a bit too much in the GAF3 challenge :p

dazed808

Raist said:
vs GAF3

Really sorry guys i'm not gonna make it for this one thought i'd be able to be back but not gonna happen. Hope you can find someone at short notice :(
Still on for the 9.30 though

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dazed808 said:
Really sorry guys i'm not gonna make it for this one thought i'd be able to be back but not gonna happen. Hope you can find someone at short notice :(
Still on for the 9.30 though

Well, I'm on.

Raist

Banned
vs GAF3

ALPHA SQUAD (attacking team)

BETA SQUAD (defending)
-viper-: Tactician
Chryz: Sab/Engineer or Sab/Assault
TTP: Engineer

vs GAFw

ALPHA SQUAD (attacking)

BETA SQUAD (defending)
Vasilisk:

Yup, we need engineers badly :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I suggest these squads for the incoming vs GAFw challenge.

ALPHA

BRAVO
Bloody_Marcel: Engineer

ChryZ

Raist said:
vs GAF3

ALPHA SQUAD (attacking team)

BRAVO SQUAD (defending)
TTP: Engineer
I like this setup better, good mix of skills/classes.

Raist

Banned
Lobby open, challenge starts in 8min. Live, viper and FFO, you'd better bring your sorry asses in there STAT

KZObsessed

Can my fellow GAFe members stop killing me please? :lol

A couple of them were my fault tho, ran in the line of fire.

Had no idea where to go as Assassination target at the end there, I guess that showed :p

I like how it was Lince who assassinated me! haha good game.

Top Bottom