• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Rolf NB

Raist said:
Aw. Well, we murdered them.

bcn: Don't listen to Cagen, he doesn't know what he's talking about!

:p

Cagen and I are now joining a huge tourney. If we loose, we'll play as riflemen for one week. Wish us luck guys.
Make sure to subscribe us to some 16vs16 tourneys on Blood Gracht, with rockets, while you're at it ;)

Doesn't the rifleman have a pretty good choice of weapons actually? LMGs? Secondary badges?

Cagen

bcn-ron said:
Doesn't the rifleman have a pretty good choice of weapons actually? LMGs? Secondary badges?

Terrible, no abilities what so ever and the choice of additional weapons is catastrophic, the large machine guns online are utter pants.

dazed808

Raist said:
edit: there's a lobby open for a 2vs2 final on TD. We can't join it because we have a round up in 15min

Fuck, sorry missed it. I was sure you two had the rest of the evenings finals covered and was off in a random game with Live and Lince :(

Edit: How did you get on?

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
Fuck, sorry missed it. I was sure you two had the rest of the evenings finals covered and was off in a random game with Live and Lince :(

Edit: How did you get on?

Well, we joined for a couple of minutes, it was crap anyway and we had to bail out for the big 3rd place final. Huge fumble.

I'm gonna go grab my mining uniform now :(

Raist

Banned
Ooookay we have the first round of a 4 clan tourney up in a few mins with cagen (2.15am GMT) Next round will be on 3.30am GMT. In the mean time, I can look up for a 3vs or 4vs tourney if you guys wanna join, but be aware that the final round would probably be around 4am.

We really need that gold medal.

Raist

Banned
Bah, there is no 3 or 4 tourney matching these hours.

We're playing against Mr agent butram and mr german painis

wtf :lol

dazed808

Raist said:
Bah, there is no 3 or 4 tourney matching these hours.

We're playing against Mr agent butram and mr german painis

wtf :lol

:lol Well you be careful lads, sounds like they are up for some Sunday night "fun"

Raist

Banned
That's fucking great. My PS3 just locked up during the tourney.

I'm sorry Cagen :(

I hope you'll get that win!!1!11! *cough*

dazed808

Raist said:
That's fucking great. My PS3 just locked up during the tourney.

I saw you go offline and thought it must of been during the game, sure Cagen's man enough to take both though ;)

Take it there's no more matches tonight Raist? If not I might head off to bed.

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
I saw you go offline and thought it must of been during the game, sure Cagen's man enough to take both though ;)

Take it there's no more matches tonight Raist? If not I might head off to bed.

Well Cagen lost, 4-3 :(

There's the 3rd place final of this one at 3.30 am gmt, and that's about it. I can check the tourney list for some action tho. Well, if I can find some matches fitting with the ongoing tourney.

edit: how about a 3vs3 starting in 20min, 1000VP fee? *cough*

Cagen

I nearly took the win by myself, ended 3-4 and the last round was C&H which I had no chance.

Rick, you can play in the final at 3:30 if you like, Icould do with going to bed :lol

Cagen

Raist said:
Well Cagen lost, 4-3 :(

There's the 3rd place final of this one at 3.30 am gmt, and that's about it. I can check the tourney list for some action tho. Well, if I can find some matches fitting with the ongoing tourney.

edit: how about a 3vs3 starting in 20min, 1000VP fee? *cough*

If you enter I"m game but losing 3k in one night wont be good.

dazed808

I think i'll leave it to you then mate. At least that way we are more likely to end the night with a win:lol
Cya tomorrow lads

Cagen

Good god, you're as old as the sun :lol

I was close.

Man I wish this game would start, my bed is calling me.

Raist

Banned
Awesome, just nailed a perfect low-kick in my coffee mug. Now there's coffee all over the place. Casualities: curtains, table, computer, guitar.

Now excuse me while I fix this shit

Fake edit: omg. TTP's here.

Bailing out. :lol

Raist

Banned
18g0bc.gif

Raist

Banned
Ooookay, OP updated with our new rank and VP. We're sorry, guys :(

Also, new quotes of the day (well, week end)

S&R ON
*Cagen picks up the propaganda speaker and jumps all over the place
<Raistlinn> What the fuck are you doing?
<Cagen> Dancing, just need a bit of Ricky Martin now
<Raistlinn> Dude, where are you going?
*Cagen examines the propaganda speaker podium
<Cagen> Capping the, oh wait this is the wrong one isn't it?
<Raistlinn> Sigh

<Cagen> Hey Raist
<Raistlinn> ...
<Cagen> He's coming up the stairs
<Raistlinn> ...
<Cagen> ok I've got the speaker
<Raistlinn> ...
<Cagen> ...
<Raistlinn> ...
*5 minutes later
<Cagen> Oh I had my mic muted, I wondered why you weren't answering me

matches.jpg

Pending (waiting for clanmates to step up, not signed up yet)

As I don't know who would join, I obviously didn't suscribe to these tourneys. Someone will have to do it this evening as I won't be home until ~7pm GMT.
I've looked for 4vs4 min. clan matches so we can have some team fun. 2vs2 matches don't really need any organization so we can join them at the last minute.
Hopefully we'll get that gold medal tomorrow, 4 wins to go. Then we should join tourneys with high stakes and challenge the other big clans (such as those Our gunz never tire guys who are quite skilled and very nice guys. I'll try to contact them somehow).

Name: 6v6, JOOOIIIINNNN
Ladder: 8 clans, 6vs6 (1 clan in)
Time: Monday, March 23rd, 7.30pm GMT
VP: 200 125 75 (50VP fee)
Map: SM
Modes: All
FF: ?
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: ???

So hopefully the final round should take place at 8.45pm GMT (I noticed yesterday that there's a min. 1.15 hours delay between each round).

Name: 3v3 KïD:
Ladder: 4 clans, 3vs3 (2 clans in)
Time: Monday, March 23rd, 10pm GMT
VP: 10 5 1 (free)
Map: RA
Modes: S&R banned
Classes: Engi & Assault banned

Name: 4v4 Win OrGo Home
Ladder: 16 clans, 4vs4 (1 clan in)
Time: Tuesday, March 24th, 1am GMT
VP: 8800 4900 2300 (1000VP fee) - this will probably go down as it's unlikely 16 clans will join. Remember that 3rd place recoups the fee, no matter how many clans joined

So here we go guys, that's pretty much all I've found, taking into account the delays between rounds and stuff. Hopefully all these tourneys would only have a 1.15h delay between each round.

So, step up!

Raist

Banned
btw, thought about something. Now that we've owned the other GAF clans :)D) how about a small intra-GAFe tourney?

Obviously we won't be able to use the ingame tourney system, but we can do it ourselves., with password protected rooms (and spectating ON :p)

We'd obviously need a decent number of participants, and we could organize 2vs2 matches. Would be nice if we could get ~16 people.

The teams and rounds would be randomly generated of course, and to keep it fair we should have the same settings for everyone (I mean maps etc, classes would obviously be free to choose).

Watcha guys think?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I had a few good games this weekend and I finally unlocked the shotty and the SMG!

Takes so long :lol

Also, hardly anyone plays medic :(

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
btw, thought about something. Now that we've owned the other GAF clans :)D) how about a small intra-GAFe tourney?

Obviously we won't be able to use the ingame tourney system, but we can do it ourselves., with password protected rooms (and spectating ON :p)

We'd obviously need a decent number of participants, and we could organize 2vs2 matches. Would be nice if we could get ~16 people.

The teams and rounds would be randomly generated of course, and to keep it fair we should have the same settings for everyone (I mean maps etc, classes would obviously be free to choose).

Watcha guys think?

excellent but if we manage to get 6-8 players together we could use our manpower to own some noobz online and after that just relax in a private room killing each other.

edit: I love when some random GAFe members gather in a game and we start owning all over the place, happened last night with Live, Rick, Dave and I... it was awesome how well we played C&H, S&D (defend) and S&R.

Ilparazzo

So, I wanted to rejoin you guys in the killing this weekend but I ended up having to sit around recuperating from the league cup final from saturday .
Winning with a fake penalty ftw

From now on I'll try to stick with you awesome guys to learn how to play again :D

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
So, I wanted to rejoin you guys in the killing this weekend but I ended up having to sit around recuperating from the league cup final from saturday .
Winning with a fake penalty ftw

From now on I'll try to stick with you awesome guys to learn how to play again :D

Ausumu powaru.

I was raging last night. 2 games with 150 points plus. I love that little chirp when you do someone, almost as mucha s i hear my victims whining over their mics when i headshotted them at distance with the SMG :lol

Cagen

Name: 6v6, JOOOIIIINNNN
Ladder: 8 clans, 6vs6 (1 clan in)
Time: Monday, March 23rd, 7.30pm GMT
VP: 200 125 75 (50VP fee)

I'm liking this, if we can get a few people to confirm for it I'll subscribe to it, don't really want to waste 50VP if I'll be the only one in it, that is if 2 other clans sign up for it.

I can play in this too if others want to, as it is just a 3v3 and free I'll sign up to it anyway so we have a match tonight in case everyone is at work or similar and can't read the thread.

S&R ON
*Cagen picks up the propaganda speaker and jumps all over the place
<Raistlinn> What the fuck are you doing?
<Cagen> Dancing, just need a bit of Ricky Martin now
<Raistlinn> Dude, where are you going?
*Cagen examines the propaganda speaker podium
<Cagen> Capping the, oh wait this is the wrong one isn't it?
<Raistlinn> Sigh

<Cagen> Hey Raist
<Raistlinn> ...
<Cagen> He's coming up the stairs
<Raistlinn> ...
<Cagen> ok I've got the speaker
<Raistlinn> ...
<Cagen> ...
<Raistlinn> ...
*5 minutes later
<Cagen> Oh I had my mic muted, I wondered why you weren't answering me

:lol These weren't in the high stakes game, thankfully.

Lince

Banned
I can play the 6vs6, also SM is the best map for strategies and thanks to TTP we got the best ones so if we're going to play let's gather here 10 minutes before joining the lobby and assign the roles.

Cagen

Last I check, about an hour ago there was still only 1 clan signed up. We have 3 people willing to play but we'll get destroyed 6v3 so if one more person steps forward I'll sign us up to it, though I am not sure it will go ahead.

Cagen

matches.jpg

I didn't sign up to the 6v6, it will get cancelled anyway however as a few people said they would play tonight I did sign us up to this 4v4 at 8:00pm GMT. Viper are you in? If not we will need 1 more player.

Name: 4v4 Join
Ladder: 4 clans, 4vs4 (full)
Time: Monday, March 23rd, 8:00pm GMT
VP: 10 5 1 (Free)
Map: Tharsis Depot
Weapons: RL and GL, heavy machine guns banned
Roster: Cagen, Viper?, Lince, Raist

We also have this at 10:00pm GMT.

Roster: Cagen, Viper

Thanks to JardeL and myself we are now only 2 wins from that elusive gold medal and 100k VP!

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
Me gusta la testiculos?

It's french, not spanish.

You bloody brit :p

edit: hey, we should join that 1k VP fee tourney as well. kthxbye

edit2: Lince just owned you, Live

Top Bottom