• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dazed808 said:
Yeah it works fine as long as I do that when i'm on the XMB but if I try that from the in-game XMB it just starts charging it. My old usb one was fantastic but being the caring gullible uncle I am I gave it to my nephew.

No worries. Once you have paired it the way I described, you don't need to access the in-game XMB anymore. Just turn it on and it's all good. It really acts as the controller.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
I wonder what place we'll end up being on the leaderboards once we get those extra VPs.

Yup. I guess there are a couple of 100k+ clans tho. The first one has 300k+
THey basically had a 100k VP bet on their last match :eek:

dazed808

Raist said:
Gah. 3vs4 + rocket spam = whatever.

At least we won BC :lol

:lol we did a bit of rocket spamming ourselves, I can never usually hit anything with it but did alright there, wish I switched to it earlier

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
:lol we did a bit of rocket spamming ourselves, I can never usually hit anything with it but did alright there, wish I switched to it earlier

Well on both sides it's annoying. Theirs because you usually don't stand a chance, and ours because it fucked up my aiming so many times :lol

I like how one of them complained about rockets at some point when TTP started to play Assault.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Well on both sides it's annoying. Theirs because you usually don't stand a chance, and ours because it fucked up my aiming so many times :lol

I like how one of them complained about rockets at some point when TTP started to play Assault.

We had no other way to fight. Outnumbered and one of them was Assault.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:

Yeah I know. I don't think we had any chance anyway. Outnumbered can be alright, but not vs. a 100k VP clan. Those guys should know what they're doing :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Yeah I know. I don't think we had any chance anyway. Outnumbered can be alright, but not vs. a 100k VP clan. Those guys should know what they're doing :p

Oh well. I'm off to Japanese Home to check the Siren space. Apparently it's awesome. My JPN PSN account name is Bloodymarcel (just in case)

dazed808

TTP said:

Nope we had no choice. I think if we had Cagen and he started as assault we would of won. Think i'm gonna start practicing with the shotgun coz we've needed an engineer in so many games but no one does it. Could take a while though as i'm really bad with it at the mo.

Facism

TTP said:
Oh well. I'm off to Japanese Home to check the Siren space. Apparently it's awesome. My JPN PSN account name is Bloodymarcel (just in case)

There's a siren space!?

i have to visit!

Raist

Banned
What happened today? Sooo quiet. I iz not happy.

We need a couple more winz (6) to get this gold medal sons.

Ongoing tournaments for tonight:

matches.jpg

Name: 2v2 Crossing 7:15 - FINAL
Ladder: 4 clans, 2vs2
Time: Sunday, March 22nd, 23.15pm GMT
VP: 10 - 5 - 1
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: Off
Classes: Medic, Engineer, Tactician
Weapons: RL, GL, Sniper rifle banned
Roster: ???

Name: 2VERSUS2 only (3rd place final)
Ladder: 4 clans, 2vs2 - FINAL
Time: Sunday, March 22nd, 23.15pm GMT
VP: 10 - 5 - 1
Map: TD
Modes: S&R and C&H banned
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL are banned
Roster: ???

Name: 2vs2 BC join!!!
Ladder: 4 clans, 2vs2
Time: Monday, March 23rd, 1am GMT - FINAL
VP: 16 13 11 (10VP fee)
Map: BG
Modes: BC, A, C&H
Classes: All
Roster: Cagen and Raist

Name: 2vs2 Radec
Ladder: 4 clans, 2vs2 (Made this one yesterday, messed up on the date :p No other clan joined so far)
Time: Monday, March 23rd, 2.15am GMT
VP: 16 13 11 (10VP fee)
Map: RA
Modes: All
Classes: All
Roster: Cagen and Raist

GOGOGO

Cagen

It has been a sleepy Sunday around here.

I can play in them all but not to be greedy I obviously wont put my name down for all of them :lol. I'll play the two later ones which I am supposed to be in being the finals to prior matches we played though if I am needed I can jump in the earlier ones.

Facism

I'll register my interest, but i don't know if i'll be able to make any of them. Been hit with Viruses and Trojan's all day and have only had time whilst i've performed scans and cleanups.

Hooray for bullshit on a free day. Not even music is making this any better. If someone else can commit, choose them over me, please.

dazed808

Cagen said:
It has been a sleepy Sunday around here.

All these late nights finally got to me, don't think i've slept till the afternoon for years.
Anyways i'll be on in a few hours but looks like you guys got things covered so i'll go shoot some random dweebs for a while:D

Rolf NB

I can play the one on Tharsis at 23:15. I'd do engineer with C4 but I don't have that unlocked, so I'll switch Sab/Eng whenever my traps are sprung. Sounds like a plan?

Raist

Banned
Lince told me a while ago he would play the CC Final. Cagen and I are in for the TD final. So viper and bcn-ron, you'll have to decide who joins him :p

Rolf NB

I'll let viper play. I've played a lot of point-grinding bullshit yesterday and single-player today (symbols!) and am probably not back in a proper groove for a 2vs2 anyway.

Have fun, and bring me a souvenir!

Lince

Banned
!!!!!! ATTENTION VlPER AND BCN !!!!!!

YOU GUYS PLAY THE MATCH, I'm sick today (damn pool it was cold yesterday)

I'll watch one game and head for the bed
good luck guys

Cagen

What a cluster fuck.

LINCE AND VIPER PLAY IN THE CONRINTH GAME.

BCN-RON AND MYSELF OR RAIST WILL TAKE THE THARSIS ONE.

:lol

I HATE ALL YOU GUYS, MAKE YOUR MINDS UP HAHAHA.

Raist

Banned
Alrighty.

Cagen and I will join a 2vs2 at 1am GMT but in the mean time I'll try to find you guys some tourneys if you want to play while we kick some asses. Just tell me if you have any preferences (maps etc) and we'll see how many you are.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
What a cluster fuck.

LINCE AND VIPER PLAY IN THE CONRINTH GAME.

BCN-RON AND MYSELF OR RAIST WILL TAKE THE THARSIS ONE.

:lol

I HATE ALL YOU GUYS, MAKE YOUR MINDS UP HAHAHA.

I'm not playing so you're 4 for 2 2vs2 games...
BRING ME THEIR HEADS!

Raist

Banned
bcn-ron said:
Oh god, I just wanted to say, the TD game is full.

CLUSTERFUCK. AWAY I GO, WATCH ME SOOAAAAAARRRRRR.

Of course it is, we said fom the start we would play the TD one. Join viper!

-viper-

Banned
Lol damn I need a mic. So difficult to play a small game without communication D:

That sucked.

We should've discussed tactics in this thread before entering the game. i.e. for capture and hold, just hold two points and wait it out, for search and destroy, build as many turrets as you humanely can. You defuse/plant, while I attack. etc

We should've just camped near the search and retrieve point to kill the propaganda speaker carrier just like they did to us!

Ah well.

Raist

Banned
Aw. Well, we murdered them.

bcn: Don't listen to Cagen, he doesn't know what he's talking about!

:p

Cagen and I are now joining a huge tourney. If we loose, we'll play as riflemen for one week. Wish us luck guys.

Cagen

Raist said:
Aw. Well, we murdered them.

bcn: Don't listen to Cagen, he doesn't know what he's talking about!

:p

Cagen and I are now joining a huge tourney. If we loose, we'll play as riflemen for one week. Wish us luck guys.

I never agree'd to this.

I think if we lose you should work in the Helghast mines to repay the 2k VP you cost us! :lol

Cross everything for us guys.

-viper-

Banned
Raist, are there any games tomorrow anywhere between 7 to 10pm? And please make sure they aren't 2v2.

3v3 at the minimum please if you are going to subscribe to them. 2v2 is just annoying.

Rolf NB

-viper- said:
Lol damn I need a mic. So difficult to play a small game without communication D:

That sucked.

We should've discussed tactics in this thread before entering the game. i.e. for capture and hold, just hold two points and wait it out, for search and destroy, build as many turrets as you humanely can. You defuse/plant, while I attack. etc

We should've just camped near the search and retrieve point to kill the propaganda speaker carrier just like they did to us!

Ah well.
To be blunt, 2vs2 is just very hard to pull off, and I'm probably not good enough to play it in a clan match final. Doesn't help that the shotgun isn't my kind of weapon and Corinth Crossing isn't my kind of map (I still get stuck on the railings up the ramps off the sides from the center fucking hell). I wanted to be on Tharsis actually. I'm sorry if I ruined your game.

I was building a turret in s&d, but got killed before it stood. Twice. Didn't see them before it was too late. Looked better on the offense for a while, but not good enough.

You can't camp the respawn point if you deliver the speaker. One can deliver, the other can camp, but then you're a man short either way when you run into trouble.
On defense I watched the little red dot climb up to the top, stood at the end of the ramp, crouched, shotgun pointed forward and waited for the fucker to come by, shot, but didn't kill him. He killed me (shotgun as well). That sucked.

Yeah, ah well.

Raist

Banned
-viper- said:
Raist, are there any games tomorrow anywhere between 7 to 10pm? And please make sure they aren't 2v2.

3v3 at the minimum please if you are going to subscribe to them. 2v2 is just annoying.

Well it's just that TTP and I have been joining a lot of 2vs2 late last night, and today I was busy with work so I didn't try to organize anything. Just happened that there would be a couple of 2vs2 finals at the same time.
So yeah, from tomorrow back to normal stuff, 4vs4 matches and stuff.

Cagen: No worries, we're going to recoup it.

Top Bottom