• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Turkey has a football team? :D

I would enjoy 6vs6 or 8vs8 as well, make it so!

We're only 16 points behind Portugal and Christina Ronaldo in the FIFA world rankings, bruv. When we beat Spain both times in the next week, we'll be ahead of them :D

Cagen

The problem with subscribing to 6v6 or more is that we sometimes can't even fill ~5v5 games, however the member activity has been quite good lately so I'll look at subscribing to a few throughout the weeks though I think the majority of our matches will still be ~5v5.

I am also going to challenge GAFa, the newly formed Ameri-GAF clan for Saturday at 8:30 GMT, I'll make it an 8v8 again same as last time. Any requests for which map to be played?

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
I am also going to challenge GAFa, the newly formed Ameri-GAF clan for Saturday at 8:30 GMT, I'll make it an 8v8 again same as last time. Any requests for which map to be played?

YESS!!

as for maps, I vote for SM.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
We're only 16 points behind Portugal and Christina Ronaldo in the FIFA world rankings, bruv. When we beat Spain both times in the next week, we'll be ahead of them :D
Portugal is sucking lately anyway (not that they usually play that well). I wonder if Turkey can actually beat Spain, they've been rocking the house lately (though personally I dislike Torres).

Just don't choose Blood gracht or Corinth and I'm okay.

Facism

Lince said:
quite optimistic but I wouldn't rule that possibility out :p

Yeh it's nice to dream :(

I felt we could have beat them in Euro 2008, but unfortunately we lacked starter-players due to cards/injuries, and had 3 subs left to use on the bench, and lost to Germany in the last minute.

The games coming up are either going to be awesome to watch or shit-my-pants crap :( Hopefully we put up a better fight that England's cut-and-paste team.

Also, Cagen, SM for saturday. I can confirm myself for attendance.

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Oh right, forgot about the day, I can't play on saturday.

bu bu NEEEEIIIIIIINNNNN.

I'm content to miss half a WorldCup qualifier to play with the boys and show GAFNA who owns the killzone, you should be too!

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
bu bu NEEEEIIIIIIINNNNN.

I'm content to miss half a WorldCup qualifier to play with the boys and show GAFNA who owns the killzone, you should be too!

If it was only that I would do it in a heart beat but the thing is, since it's my birthday I have to spend at least dinner with my family. But I guess it would depend on the time of the match.

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
If it was only that I would do it in a heart beat but the thing is, since it's my birthday I have to spend at least dinner with my family. But I guess it would depend on the time of the match.

8:30pm GMT.

How old are you going to be D:

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
8:30pm GMT.

How old are you going to be D:
That'd be 21, thus making me able to drink
legally
in every country in the world :lol

8:30 is hard, doubt I can make it, but I'll be there in spirit cheering you guys on. And it won't be the last time we'll play against them anyway.

Cagen

Pre-emptive Happy Birthday Ilp.

Checking the tournament list for games tonight in a few mins, I wont be around to play or organise who will be in them so you'll have to work that out amongst yourselves as Uncle "pool shark" Cagen has to go out and kick his friends asses at pool tonight.

I'll also set up the clan challenge and make it on Salamun Market.

Cagen

matches.jpg

Name: 5v5 - man I can never remember the names of the tournaments I sign up to.
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5 (Full)
Time: Thursday, March 26th, 8:15pm GMT
VP: 16 13 11 (10VP fee)
Map: BG
Modes: All
FF:
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: All minus assaults
Roster: Lince

Name: 3vs3 conrinth - I made this tournament and so far there is only us signed up.
Ladder: 4 clans, 3vs3 (Just us, so far)
Time: Thursday, March 26th, 11pm GMT
VP: 40 33 27 (25VP fee) - I extrapolated the wining amounts as I couldn't remember the, so it might be slightly off.
Map: Conrinth Crossing
FF: On
Classes: All
Weapons: No Rocket/Grenade Launcher
Roster: Lince

--------------

I also officially challenged GAFNA for this Saturday.

RICKYMARTINWAR.jpg

Name: vs. GAFNA
Teams: 8v8
Time: Saturday, March 28th, 8:30pm GMT
VP: 20VP
Map: Salamun Market
Weapons: All
Roster: Cagen, Lince, Live_Feed

Ilparazzo

Wow, you actually made a tournament? You guys work hard, sign me up as a reserve for both those matches since I'll be around but don't really know if I'll get home wanting to play Killzone today (wouldn't want to play the game to exhaustion like I did to MGO). I'll play if I'm needed basically.

ChryZ

Cagen said:
Name: 5v5 - man I can never remember the names of the tournaments I sign up to.
FF:
Weapons: All minus assaults
Roster: Lince, ChryZ

Name: vs. GAFNA
Teams: 8v8
Time: Saturday, March 28th, 8:30pm GMT
VP: 20VP
Map: Salamun Market
Roster: Cagen, Lince, Live_Feed. ChryZ
6ovgj81.gif

you guys ..................................... ChryZ

Raist

Banned
:lol ChryZ

Unfortunately I won't be able to play the GAFA match. Will be out for some pool.

Anyway, I'm up for the other matches. Man it feels so good to sign up for tourneys without having to organize all that shit. Moar plz :D

edit: Only 2 tourneys, one being created by you? Either you've been lazy, or today's list sucks :p I'll have a look.
In other news, I finally received my official HS. Wheee

Raist

Banned
There's a 4VS4 tourney for 250VP, winner takes 400.

Bit late, 00.45am GMT but it's worth it IMO :D

matches.jpg

Name: 5 v 5 * 4 clans
FF:
Roster: Lince, Chryz, Raist, Ilparazzo

Name: 3vs3 conrinth - I made this tournament and so far there is only us signed up.
Ladder: 4 clans, 3vs3 (Just us, so far)
Time: Thursday, March 26th, 11pm GMT
VP: 41 32 27 (25VP fee)
Map: CC
FF: ON
Weapons: No Rocket/Grenade Launcher
Roster: Lince, Raist

C'mon, we need one more for the 5vs5 starting soon!

Ilp I counted you in since it's coming soon and no one joined so far.

Raist

Banned
JardeL said:
If noone shows up , I can be the 5th @ 5vs5 ...

Why if no one shows up?

You take the spot :p

So that'll be Lince, Ilparazzo, ChryZ, JardeL annd me.

It's on BG.

We need two tacticians (one with C4, one with drones), one engi at least. The rest can be anything IMO.

We'll have to make 2 squads as well.

JardeL

I was planning to watch Lost Episode 10 :D ...

Ok , I can be both engineer and tactician ... I can start as an engineer and switch to tactician at S&D missions ... Or start as a tac if anyone wants to be engineer ...

Ilparazzo

JardeL said:
I was planning to watch Lost Episode 10 :D ...

Ok , I can be both engineer and tactician ... I can start as an engineer and switch to tactician at S&D missions ... Or start as a tac if anyone wants to be engineer ...
Why would you do that to yourself?

EDIT: Why can't I mute those guys WHY?

EDIT EDIT: ah thank god... Who's GimmeCat?

Raist

Banned
Well JardeL if you ant to watch Lost, someone unexpectedly jumped in the match. I can ask him to leave if you want to play.

Raist

Banned
wtf just happened.

It felt like they were 10 or something, you kill 2 and 3 are already here. Not to mention the dudes magically surviving a headshot with the shotgun at point blank.

Lince

Banned
0-7 we shouldn't look for excuses :lol

These guys have been wandering around the map talking strategies all day (TTP's style), they spawned a full team of engineers when they needed to so turrets were continually placed where they should and then switch back to tacticians with air support and C4 to have us trapped between the drones, turrets, C4s and bullets from everywhere. We were smartly outplayed that's all.

ah, hello "gimmecat"

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
0-7 we shouldn't look for excuses :lol

These guys have been wandering around the map talking strategies all day (TTP's style), they spawned a full team of engineers when they needed to so turrets were continually placed where they should and then switch back to tacticians with air support and C4 to have us trapped between the drones, turrets, C4s and bullets from everywhere. We were smartly outplayed that's all.

ah, hello "gimmecat"

Man I've played a couple of bad matches on BG, but something like this? Never.
It was like they had iinstant respawn and twice the life of everyone else.
I really don't know what happened, but it was ridiculous

ChryZ

Raist said:
Man I've played a couple of bad matches on BG, but something like this? Never.
It was like they had iinstant respawn and twice the life of everyone else.
I really don't know what happened, but it was ridiculous
It was pretty fishy and laggy.

JardeL

What the fuck has Sayid done ?!!? :lol Lost is getting ridicilously awesome :p ...

Btw , I tried to join but it was full ... No problem for me , at least I'm not involved in a 0-7 shame :lol ...

Raist

Banned
I now officially hate BG. It's too much of a clusterfuck, or should be 3vs3 max. Even 5vs5 is way too much.

Anyway, good game, was quite better than the other one. Even if it was still turret/shotgun/drone land :|

-viper-

Banned
Sorry for sucking so hard today :{

I think it would be a good idea to discuss tactics in this thread before a match. It's a little hard to send messages without a mic D:

-viper-

Banned
In the 3v3 CC game, we should turret spam in search and destroy + capture and hold, and we should only target two sites for capture and hold. Once we get the points, just put a spawn point or two there, and defend.

Facism

I won't be up for any clan games tonight, guys. Been a frustrating day and i just want to chill and not end up screaming down the mic at people :p

Does anyone still have the overarching tactics for SM that TTP wrote up? I remember my role and strategy for each individual gametype as BRAVO team sabateur with Rick as tactician. I believed it was a 5v5 game back then, so maybe we can get TTP to write up and/or modify the existing strategies? Hope he'll be well enough and able to play saturday's game :)

Those strats worked extremely well and locked the other team down. There was a lot of inter-squad dependancy.

Raist

Banned
Wow man there really is some glitching bullshit going on heavily.

Just joined a match where people would walk over C4 without triggering it, stand in front of turrets without being shot, and endure 10 bullets in the head while planting C4 in S&D without dying. lol?

Eccocid

Raist said:
Wow man there really is some glitching bullshit going on heavily.

Just joined a match where people would walk over C4 without triggering it, stand in front of turrets without being shot, and endure 10 bullets in the head while planting C4 in S&D without dying. lol?

heh that was weird..maybe i was lagging but i kept getting killed with headshots all the time in BG.. Enemy saw me one click and i am dead

Eccocid

Facism said:

lol Turkish team? are u Turkish?

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
I won't be up for any clan games tonight, guys. Been a frustrating day and i just want to chill and not end up screaming down the mic at people :p

Does anyone still have the overarching tactics for SM that TTP wrote up? I remember my role and strategy for each individual gametype as BRAVO team sabateur with Rick as tactician. I believed it was a 5v5 game back then, so maybe we can get TTP to write up and/or modify the existing strategies? Hope he'll be well enough and able to play saturday's game :)

Those strats worked extremely well and locked the other team down. There was a lot of inter-squad dependancy.

Forwarded. And IIRC it was 7vs7 because there were 3 squads

Too bad you won't play tonight :(

So for the 11pm match it's Viper, me and? edit: ah right, our crazy spanish :lol

Also should I suscribe to the high VP 4vs4 tourney? Anyone up for it? Starting at 00.45am

Rolf NB

Put me down for the Saturday 8:30pm match if you have a space open.
Sorry for idling so much this week. I was trophy-whoring, and also catching up a bit with shit that piled up last week.

Top Bottom