• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

ChryZ

I got contacted by my buddy Broilerfan23. He's in the CAG clan and they want to challenge us! I'll point him to this thread for setup talk, etc

-viper-

Banned
dazed808 said:
I'll do the same though origanally said 9pm was cool with me but got unexpected visitors on the way so 10pm is looking more realistic to me.

Good couple of games there Cagen, I salute your awesome assault skills that won that last game! Can't believe I still managed to finish = 2nd as I was stuck having to use Tactician coz the rest of the team just wanted to rack up the kills.
So the GAFe match will take place at 10pm?

Raist

Banned
Since everyone (except Dave who posts here once in a blue moon) seems to be OK, I guess we should have our GAFe tournet match tonight, 10pm GMT

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen I feel your pain. GG is totally clueless. Just look at the last official tournament they had set up.

32 players
Map:
Corinth Crossing

I mean, seriously now.

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
Cagen I feel your pain. GG is totally clueless. Just look at the last official tournament they had set up.

32 players
Map:
Corinth Crossing

I mean, seriously now.

wow if that's their vision of how the game is supposed to be played (clusterfuck non strategical chaos with a terrible framerate) then let's forget about spawn nades fixes and weapons/class balancing altogether, I think they're desperately trying to retain the kids no matter what, perhaps their first DLC will be laser guns and nuclear bombs.

-viper-

Banned
TTP said:

32 players
Map:
Corinth Crossing

I mean, seriously now.
This is madness...

Madness? THIS IS KILLZONE!

Dave1988

Raist said:
Since everyone (except Dave who posts here once in a blue moon) seems to be OK, I guess we should have our GAFe tournet match tonight, 10pm GMT

I am silently watching. All of you.

*cue evil laugh*

Anyway, 10 PM GMT is 11 PM GMT+1, right? I'll be there.

dazed808

-viper- said:
GAFe vs GAFe.

Team LVD against Raist and co.

I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be a match at 9pm.

Yep i'm sure that was the time arranged and sorry if i've put people out by having to change. Again I may be 5-10 mins late, I can't really kick visitors out promptly saying I have a killzone match to play:lol

KZObsessed

I sent a clan invite to a guy on my friends list called SPITFIRE159, he's pretty awesome and plays a lot. Especially as a sniper. Had some epic battles with him. Says he'll be playing for the long haul. I told him he wont get to play too many games but he can join in now and again during the 8 vs 8 GAFe vs GAFA which I'm hopefully gonna organise with kittonwy.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I sent a clan invite to a guy on my friends list called SPITFIRE159, he's pretty awesome and plays a lot. Especially as a sniper. Had some epic battles with him. Says he'll be playing for the long haul. I told him he wont get to play too many games but he can join in now and again during the 8 vs 8 GAFe vs GAFA which I'm hopefully gonna organise with kittonwy.
I'm pretty sure I've seen him playing for a different clan.

ChryZ said:
I got contacted by my buddy Broilerfan23. He's in the CAG clan and they want to challenge us! I'll point him to this thread for setup talk, etc
Yup, just got your PM. :D

I just wanted to say if the GAF Euro Clan ever wants more challenges, the CAG clan would be up for it on a Saturday or something (since many of you all are from Europe, it would be the afternoon for us and the evening for you all). Our clans are pretty big (around 50-60). We'd be interested in having both our clans battle or at least one.

Just let me know what Saturday you all will be available (if you're interested) and I'll try working something out.

Wowbagger

Lince said:
whoa whoa stop the press we have ANOTHER amazing player within our GAFe ranks!!!

wowbagger !!!! where the hell have you been hiding !! we need you for our clan games ! why don't you even post here?

Hehe, thanks. Not really that good, though. I mostly lurk around here, keeping an eye on this thread. I'd love to participate in some clan matches once the valor snafu is sorted out.

Facism

FFObsessed said:

Awesome. I played with him before. Added me to his friendslist. Solid guy, solid player :D

-viper- said:
So.. uh.. what happened to the GAFe v GAFe matches? It's like 10.16PM GMT and so far I see nothing?

Yeah I know, I can only hang about for another 10 mins unfortunately. Might be better as suggested earlier to reschedule them for a weekend.

dazed808

stimpledorf said:
Yeah I know, I can only hang about for another 10 mins unfortunately. Might be better as suggested earlier to reschedule them for a weekend.

Yep I gotta bail too unfortunately, think we best try the weekend gentlemen.

Edit: Raist still seems to be MIA which is unusual, hope everything's ok mate :/ fell asleep so i'm gonna cut his bollocks off with a rusty hacksaw for making us sit around waiting for hours
25 mins
:lol

Raist

Banned
Well well well... that's fucking A, I fell asleep :lol

Sorry guys :|

One day, we will manage to play than matches, oh yes one day we will.

Cagen

Raist joined the STTP (Sleeping Through The Party) group. Rick and I welcome you with open arms. Rick seems to want to kill you, I believe he forgets that he is the founding member of the STTP group.

dazed808 said:
Good couple of games there Cagen, I salute your awesome assault skills that won that last game! Can't believe I still managed to finish = 2nd as I was stuck having to use Tactician coz the rest of the team just wanted to rack up the kills.

It was good to get to play with you again mate, even if you had to keep it quiet and I kept having people talking to me in my house. I finished a good 60 points above the oppositions best player, in one round I had a couple of players come after me ignoring the people attacking them just so they could kill me :lol.

BoilersFan23 said:
Yup, just got your PM. :D

I just wanted to say if the GAF Euro Clan ever wants more challenges, the CAG clan would be up for it on a Saturday or something (since many of you all are from Europe, it would be the afternoon for us and the evening for you all). Our clans are pretty big (around 50-60). We'd be interested in having both our clans battle or at least one.

Just let me know what Saturday you all will be available (if you're interested) and I'll try working something out.

Awesome, we would love to give as many clans as you have games, multiple games even. How about this Saturday coming?

If you are going to send the challenge please make it no more then 8v8, for everything else though you can decide but we usually play with default times, no restrictions and FF on.

Cagen said:
Awesome, we would love to give as many clans as you have games, multiple games even. How about this Saturday coming?

If you are going to send the challenge please make it no more then 8v8, for everything else though you can decide but we usually play with default times, no restrictions and FF on.
This Saturday should be fine. The only thing that concerns us is we've heard about some clan games having issues, and when there was a clan game last week, it ended up a draw despite the clan winning.

It would probably be setup at the same time there was a Warhawk clan match once, around 3pm EST. For those in the U.K., it should be somewhere around 7pm-9pm your time (which sounds decent). We can probably do 8 on 8 around that time, just gotta see who can attend first. If things look good, the clan leader will send an invitation for the match (the CAG clan basically leaves everything in default, except increase the number of kills in body count, disables team kills, and sometimes removes grenade launcher (although it won't be removed for the clan battle)). Hopefully everything will be setup by Wednesday.

dazed808

Cagen said:

Raist joined the STTP (Sleeping Through The Party) group. Rick and I welcome you with open arms. Rick seems to want to kill you, I believe he forgets that he is the founding member of the STTP group.
erm this is true tho in my defence it was the day I became a dad, was very pissed and it was 2.30AM, Raist fell asleep about 9pm!: but I definitely welcome him to our exclusive club.:lol

It was good to get to play with you again mate, even if you had to keep it quiet and I kept having people talking to me in my house. I finished a good 60 points above the oppositions best player, in one round I had a couple of players come after me ignoring the people attacking them just so they could kill me :lol.

It's typical that I get a working mic and then have to stay quiet! Was nice to have a break from the hectic days I've had and get back on with you guys. As you mentioned above, random matches are just shite but it's all I can play with the limited time I have as I don't wanna play a clan match and have to duck out during it to change a nappy. At least things seem to be settling slightly here, so I may be able to play the odd game as I did earlier when I know little one's gonna be asleep for a couple of hours at least.

dazed808

Raist said:
Not my fault, my thesis is draining my life :'(
I know mate only kidding, we all got much more important stuff to be getting on with, though the draw of this game is pretty damn strong ;)

Raist

Banned
BoilersFan23 said:
This Saturday should be fine. The only thing that concerns us is we've heard about some clan games having issues, and when there was a clan game last week, it ended up a draw despite the clan winning.

It would probably be setup at the same time there was a Warhawk clan match once, around 3pm EST. For those in the U.K., it should be somewhere around 7pm-9pm your time (which sounds decent). We can probably do 8 on 8 around that time, just gotta see who can attend first. If things look good, the clan leader will send an invitation for the match (the CAG clan basically leaves everything in default, except increase the number of kills in body count, disables team kills, and sometimes removes grenade launcher (although it won't be removed for the clan battle)). Hopefully everything will be setup by Wednesday.

FF off and RL on? I hope you guys don't have rocket spamming whores in your clan, because we usually don't like that at all :p

Cagen

BoilersFan23 said:
(the CAG clan basically leaves everything in default, except increase the number of kills in body count, disables team kills, and sometimes removes grenade launcher (although it won't be removed for the clan battle)). Hopefully everything will be setup by Wednesday.

Friendly Fire set to off and the rocket/grenade launcher enabled? This is a recipe for awful. We'd rather have FF on with the rocket/grenade launcher enabled or have FF off and disable the rocket/grenade launcher.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Had fun with you guys! And sorry about all that background noise (mumma coughing loudly :p she's got cold) Anyways, would love to join you guys again for normal matches like today.

Raist

Banned
ilanna said:
Had fun with you guys! Also, sorry sorry about all that background noise (mumma coughing loudly :p she's got cold) Anyways, would love to join you guys again for normal matches like today.

I had some pretty terrible echo when you spoke for some reason, so I didn't even notice the coughs :p

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I had fun too (Ths is Dan, to avoid any confusion), and sorry if I talked too much. Kinda get excited when my mic works, because it's so rare it's like the second coming of Jesus :/

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Yeah, thanks to my extremely crappy motorola bluetooth! :\

DP? LOL! Its like having conversations with myself...

Hi Dan, go to bed!

Hey Ilanna! You go to bed! And I can forsee this getting very confusing.

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
:lol :lol :lol

you gonna have babyz too?

How is babby formed?

Thank god no I don't.
Hmm, that said, I may consider my thesis as my baby. It's a very demanding little bugger, requires lots of attention and tires you to death. That said, I don't get shit all over my hands when I take care of it :p

dazed808

Raist said:
That said, I don't get shit all over my hands when I take care of it :p

Or get your eardrums perforated with an unexpected crying outburst, while broadcasting it to everyone coz you can't find the feckin mike - sorry guys i'll leave it off in the future when i'm doing the night shift:lol
When's your thesis due mate?

Edit: Realise that I only have one topic on my mind at the moment and it infiltrates every post I make and it's boring me and I'm sure the rest of you guys as well. Will limit myself to only posting if i'm available for matches and that's it. Take it easy fellas.

Facism

Raist said:
How is babby formed?

Thank god no I don't.
Hmm, that said, I may consider my thesis as my baby. It's a very demanding little bugger, requires lots of attention and tires you to death. That said, I don't get shit all over my hands when I take care of it :p

heh i remember when i had to do one in my last year at uni. didn't sleep for the last 2 weeks before the deadline getting it up to scratch and finished.

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
Or get your eardrums perforated with an unexpected crying outburst, while broadcasting it to everyone coz you can't find the feckin mike - sorry guys i'll leave it off in the future when i'm doing the night shift:lol
When's your thesis due mate?

Edit: Realise that I only have one topic on my mind at the moment and it infiltrates every post I make and it's boring me and I'm sure the rest of you guys as well. Will limit myself to only posting if i'm available for matches and that's it. Take it easy fellas.

Yeah, you're like super boring.
Dude, it's totally an awesome thing in your life, it's completely normal to be excited about it. I don't mind it at all :)
Gotta submit it to my reviewers around May 15th, viva should happen on June 30th. wheeee

Any stuff planned for tonight? Tourneys? What are you waiting for, lazy officers!

full-metal-jacket-1.jpg

Top Bottom