• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Rolf NB

Raist, what are you typing on? Chatpad? Plain "phone style" with the controller?
I'm a bit concerned about your health. You might bust a blood vessel in your face if this continues, and then you'd look really weird and be an outcast.

Raist

Banned
bcn-ron said:
Is there a Raist-wants-to-buy-a-keyboard fund we can donate to?

I was kidding about the "to post here" stuff :p

Yeah now that there is this nice chat thing on the trey, I should get a keyboard. I have one (from my died desktop comp, RIP) but it's a fucking PS/2 plug. I'll either get a new keyboard or look for a PS/2 - USB adapter

Rolf NB

Raist said:
I was kidding about the "to post here" stuff :p

Yeah now that there is this nice chat thing on the trey, I should get a keyboard. I have one (from my died desktop comp, RIP) but it's a fucking PS/2 plug. I'll either get a new keyboard or look for a PS/2 - USB adapter
These are totally awesome:
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B000MEX6M8/

Have one myself. Been using it for a few months. Much better (and better looking) than the Logitech UltraX.

edit: have two UltraXs, but the honeymoon's over now. Not that robust these things. If you stand them up on the side a lot (like, put them away in a comfy-couch scenario), they kind of bend out of shape and start devloping stickey/hokey keys. The construction is just too flimsy for that sort of "abuse". Also the key mechanism is cheap rubber bullshit and the resistance goes up a lot when they age.
The Cherry is much more solid, actually stiff, it's heavy too, so it's no surprise. Also: cross-point contacts <3

Most importantly though, the LEDs on the Cherry are orange. I'm all over the blue LEDs. Orange for life.

Lince

Banned
who's with me for this tournament tonight?

Name: 5v5 4 clans
Teams: 5v5
Time: Monday, April 6th, 8:45pm GMT
VP: 10 - 11 / 13 / 16
Map: VH
Modes: All
FF: ??
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Lince

KZObsessed

Salmon :lol

We're gonna do 2 games. 8 vs 8. I'll chose 1 for PR and 1 for SM. Then pick which you want to join.

^^ I'll join the 5 vs 5

Cagen

If you set it up again, please sort it out properly this time. Post all the details as soon as possible in our usual format so we can organise and send out tactics, decide who is playing and what classes we need - don't send the challenge the day of the match. The match was a giant cluster fuck because we had no time to organise anything.

-viper- said:
Salmon
No
Valor

Wait what? Don't make it for 0 valor, that makes the games incredibly pointless. Challenge them for as much as they can accept lol.

Lince

Banned
Time: Monday, April 6th (TODAY) 8:45pm GMT
Roster: Lince, Viper, FFO

2 more to go ! who's game?

Cagen

We have a high stakes (2k fee) at 7pm tomorrow - final will probably be around 8:15. I would have posted it this morning but I only just woke up haha. You said you would play in it last night.

Getting the details now.

Lince

Banned
Roster: Lince, Viper, FFO, ChryZ

one more to go!

yeah I'll play the HVP as well, I'm sure we are going to have enough people for both tournaments anyway

Cagen

Lol, one of the Calamity Brothers strikes again. The 2k tournament is tomorrow, not tonight.

Name: 3v3 decent return
Ladder: 3v3 8 clans (3 in so far)
Time: Tuesday, April 7th 7:00pm GMT
VP: 8000, 5000, 3000 (2000 fee)
Map: RA
Classes: Assault adn Scout banned
Roster: Lince, Cagen, Chryz

We also have the challenge pending that we need to either accept or decline for tomorrow as well, at 6pm. We need another 3 players for it.

Name: Vs. VLAD
Time: Tuesday, April 7th, 6:00pm GMT
VP: 30VP
Map: SM
Classes: All
Roster: Cagen, Lince, Chryz, Viper

THESE ARE BOTH FOR TOMORROW, NOT TONIGHT.

ChryZ

Cagen said:
Lol, one of the Calamity Brothers strikes again. The 2k tournament is tomorrow, not tonight.

Name: 3v3 decent return
Ladder: 3v3 8 clans (3 in so far)
Time: Tuesday, April 7th 7:00pm GMT
VP: 8000, 5000, 3000 (2000 fee)
Map: RA
Classes: Assault adn Scout banned
Roster: Lince, Cagen

We also have the challenge pending that we need to either accept or decline for tomorrow as well, at 6pm. We need another 3 players for it.

Roster: Cagen, Lince

THESE ARE BOTH FOR TOMORROW, NOT TONIGHT.
Sign me up for those.

Cagen

If I get one more OK for the challenge against VLAD then I'll accept it. It's only 30vp and we could probably fill the last spot on the night or something.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:

lol :lol

still one spot left for the 5v5 tourney tonight, I'm having a look at the list again for more games in case we're enough people.

Rolf NB

Lince said:
Roster: Lince, Viper, FFO, ChryZ

one more to go!
Me me me!

Lince

Banned
we're set for tonight:

-------------------

Roster: Viper, FFO, ChryZ, bcn-ron, Lince

---------------------

if people show up in the thread/chat room we could look for more tourneys

Cagen

As this is only for 30VP I am going to accept it, though we still need 1 person if anyone is available.

Roster: Cagen, Lince, Chryz, Viper

I'll sort the tactics out and send them to people later tonight, will probably be when I get back from pool which will be about midnight so if you don't read them tonight because it's late then read them briefly before the match.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
I'll go sniper!

fuck_this_shit-1618.jpg

Raist

Banned
I'm basically going to play alone 50% of the time. Great.
Guess I'll have to guard his corpse again. Sigh.

:p

Cagen

Hur hur, we dominated with me being a sniper :lol.

Basic tactics sent out to those playing against VLAD. I'm off to go win some pool!

ChryZ

Cagen said:
Hur hur, we dominated with me being a sniper :lol.

Basic tactics sent out to those playing against VLAD. I'm off to go win some pool!
Man, that's like doing home work. :lol

Facism

ChryZ said:

Son, if half the people who played against GAFA last night did some homework (or, lets say, even recieved it), we would have won 7-0.

TTP and Cagen have some solid strats (including response tactics) written up for Salmon. Everyone should have them. So much better to play when you have a role to focus on.

Cagen

ChryZ said:

:lol they weren't even proper tactics I sent out, just basic overviews for people. I didn't have time to go too in depth with everything. Especially not knowing if we have a 5th player or not.

Facism

btw apologies for losing my temper earlier, lince.

I didn't expect some random VLAD cunt would get precedence over a GAFe clanner when it came to the only squad in on the team, or that i would be ignored in chat and over voice-comms when asking for it to be sorted the whole fucking game.

It was extremely decent, i expect more of that attitude and treatment of fellow clanners in the future.

dazed808

^^^^^
Whoever described Live as the GAFe pitbull last nite got it spot on
and still laughing @ Cagen, our Northern beast, is Mommy.
Just glad you're on my side mate and never have to taste that turkish steel:lol

Cagen

dazed808 said:
^^^^^
Whoever described Live as the GAFe pitbull last nite got it spot on
and still laughing @ Cagen, our Northern beast, is Mommy.
Just glad you're on my side mate and never have to taste that turkish steel:lol

Hur hur, that was me describing our Euro GAF family.

Raist, where are you man? Lobby is up in 20 minutes. I am ready to get my snipe on.

-viper-

Banned
Facism said:
btw apologies for losing my temper earlier, lince.

I didn't expect some random VLAD cunt would get precedence over a GAFe clanner when it came to the only squad in on the team, or that i would be ignored in chat and over voice-comms when asking for it to be sorted the whole fucking game.

It was extremely decent, i expect more of that attitude and treatment of fellow clanners in the future.
lolz

Cagen

Well FFObsessed stepped in seeing as Raist was MIA for our final at 2am. Sleep through another game did we, Raist?

It was a terrible game and they were lagging and warping all over the place but we won when we resorted to being super lame and camped in our base on BC - we'd have lost otherwise with them warping around the place and walking over C4. They even managed to defuse one of the bombs placed in S&D from another room, ridiculous.

Anyway CAG have now formally challenged us. As usual I need a few people to say they will play before I accept it.

Name: Vs. CAG
Teams: 6v6
Time: Friday, April 10th, 8:00pm GMT
VP: 5VP
Map: TD
Classes: No Assault
Weapons: RL and GL banned - though the VC9 is allowed, is this the one riflemen can use? If so I hope FF is set to on.
Roster: Cagen

On Wednesday we have the 32 player, 64 clan Conrinth Clusterfuck set up by Guerrilla Games.

Name: Conrinth Clusterfuck (Clan Warfare)
Ladder: 16vs16 64 clans (64 clans in)
Time: Wednesday, April 8th 7:30pm GMT
VP: 376, 193, 71 (10 fee)
Map: CC
FF: On
Weapons: All
Roster: Everyone

As it is a 16 player game everyone can join, so I would like everyone that can play to play. I know it will be a giant clusterfuck of idiotic proportions but we're signed up so we might as well play to win. More details can be found here.

Top Bottom