• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Ilparazzo

Really? 32 player Corinth? That's bound to be fun. Hope we can get a decent amount of clansman to play.
I'll be there.

Back to sleep.

Cagen

Ilparazzo said:
Really? 32 player Corinth? That's bound to be fun. Hope we can get a decent amount of clansman to play.
I'll be there.

Back to sleep.

It'll be a fucking mess but might be fun if we get everyone to play, I'll be playing.

Lince said:
you were spot on Raist, play... alone.

:lol

KZObsessed

Raist

Banned
*cough*

Well, looks like I missed a warping party.

Anyway. Won't be here for the VLAD challenge, way too early. I'll join the giant GG clusterfuck as well as the CAG challenge tho.

Edit: Oh wait, TD. This is fucked up :lol

ChryZ

Cagen said:
Well FFObsessed stepped in seeing as Raist was MIA for our final at 2am. Sleep through another game did we, Raist?

It was a terrible game and they were lagging and warping all over the place but we won when we resorted to being super lame and camped in our base on BC - we'd have lost otherwise with them warping around the place and walking over C4. They even managed to defuse one of the bombs placed in S&D from another room, ridiculous.

Anyway CAG have now formally challenged us. As usual I need a few people to say they will play before I accept it.

Name: Vs. CAG
Teams: 6v6
Time: Friday, April 10th, 8:00pm GMT
VP: 5VP
Map: TD
Modes: All
FF: ??
Classes: No Assault
Weapons: RL and GL banned - though the VC9 is allowed, is this the one riflemen can use? If so I hope FF is set to on.
Roster: Cagen

On Wednesday we have the 32 player, 64 clan Conrinth Clusterfuck set up by Guerrilla Games.

Name: Conrinth Clusterfuck (Clan Warfare)
Ladder: 16vs16 64 clans (64 clans in)
Time: Wednesday, April 8th 7:30pm GMT
VP: 376, 193, 71 (10 fee)
Map: CC
FF: On
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Everyone

As it is a 16 player game everyone can join, so I would like everyone that can play to play. I know it will be a giant clusterfuck of idiotic proportions but we're signed up so we might as well play to win. More details can be found here.
:O

Add me to those.

dazed808

Put me down for the Fri match against CAG.
Won't be able to make the 7.30pm clusterfuck tomorrow, gotta get back to playing football on a Weds eve, though I fear i'm getting passed it a bit. I used to have the skill of Matt Le Tissier and the pace of Michael Owen, now I have the pace of Matt Le Tissier and the skill of Gary Neville - my team are doomed tomorrow:lol

Facism

Can't play either of those, Cagen, so put me down for a negatory. I could make the later games in the GG clusterfuck if it's a tourney, after 9pm.

WHOA at warping

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
Can't play either of those, Cagen, so put me down for a negatory. I could make the later games in the GG clusterfuck if it's a tourney, after 9pm.

WHOA at warping

You're fired.

And :lol at the warping

Rolf NB

Facism said:
btw apologies for losing my temper earlier, lince.

I didn't expect some random VLAD cunt would get precedence over a GAFe clanner when it came to the only squad in on the team, or that i would be ignored in chat and over voice-comms when asking for it to be sorted the whole fucking game.

It was extremely decent, i expect more of that attitude and treatment of fellow clanners in the future.
Helghan Industries? That was probably my mistake. The game was already running but we were only four, I ended up basically mashing buttons over the squad interface to send invites quickly, and that's how [RANDOM CUNT] got lucky over [GAFe]. I popped back into the squad menu later (I *did* notice the squad request) but didn't know how to accept it. I realize now I would simply have had to boot one, then I could have taken Live_Feed in, but in the thicket of the ongoing match, my mental functions got kind of hazy.

Sorry. Won't happen again, if I even dare form another squad.

Rolf NB

Facism said:
Son, if half the people who played against GAFA last night did some homework (or, lets say, even recieved it), we would have won 7-0.

TTP and Cagen have some solid strats (including response tactics) written up for Salmon. Everyone should have them. So much better to play when you have a role to focus on.
Don't blame lack of preparation. They played well, but they also got very lucky with S&D attack as their first objective. They bum-rushed, they were all right there when the objective was announced. That wouldn't have gained them anything if the mission had been C&H or whatever, but it wasn't, it was S&D attack for them, by chance. I basically had to run all the way back from what I was doing (preparing a nice turret encampment at their S&D point) before I had achieved anything, and I figure that goes for most of us to varying degrees.

Also, assault with boost and rocket launcher = unexpected violation of Geneva convention.

Cagen

Facism said:

WHOA at warping

The subsequent matches are every Wednesday at 7:30pm - GG couldn't make a decent tournament if their lives depended on it.

Ok, so the CAG game is full for sign ups so I'll go and accept it.

Weapons: RL and GL banned - though the VC9 is allowed, is this the one riflemen can use? If so I hope FF is set to on.
Roster: Cagen, Viper, FFObsessed, Raist, ChryZ, Rick

The Clusterfuck on Conrinth so far has myself, Viper, Ilparazzo, FFObsessed, Raist, Chryz, 6 vs. 16 this will be interesting :lol I hope a few more people can join though I am sure most of the clans signed up wont have 16 players able to make it either.

Rolf NB

Oh Lince!
We could play the GAF off-topic setup again. No S&D, no bodycount, no assault, no rockets, ff on, moderate size (9vs9), "rare" maps (Visari Hammer, Helghan Industries, Salamun Market, Corinth Crossing) only. It'll sooth your soul and before you know it, you'll be happy and in love again.

-viper-

Banned
Cagen, Lince, Chryz, Viper, ???? for the VLAD game?

Perhaps Dave could fill in that last spot.

Also, I think we should just boot all the inactive players from the clan. No point in keeping them if they NEVER show up.

Cagen

-viper- said:

Also, I think we should just boot all the inactive players from the clan. No point in keeping them if they NEVER show up.

The counter argument to that is there is no point in removing anyone if we have no one to add to the clan. Which currently we don't and still have spaces left to fill.

As for the 5th player, anyone can join but I'm not sure anyone is going to be around.

I'm going to go play a little before I get on with some work today so if anyone is playing, I'ma coming!

dazed808

-viper- said:

I can probably get on for that 1, i'll go online 20 mins or so before and see if i'm needed.

Bignose32.. is on the list and is waiting for his GAF approval. He hasn't been able to post whether he is available, so hasn't played but now there's the chat function i've told him to get a keyboard so he can join the GAFe family.:D

KZObsessed

I wish I was called [RANDOM CUNT] :(

For the Corinth Cluster fuck, if we can get around 10 people I think we'll be ok. We have at least 8-10 regulars and I'll send messages to Spitfire and some others to help out for that game. I'll try and get Alba to join. He's a good player, he's just been crazy busy and when he does play games he's been playing other stuff like Yakuza 3 and RE5.

It'll be a shit game but it's an official Guerrilla one, we need to win it!

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I wish I was called [RANDOM CUNT] :(

:lol :lol :lol

I really don't know why Live got so mad at me, I wasn't the squad leader I checked and asked to join this GAFe squad someone had set up and then a random VLAD player (a guy, so I guess the only VLAD female is the clan leader) joined too... I just remember Live shooting at me and swearing in 12 languages :lol

KZObsessed

Lince said:
:lol :lol :lol

I really don't know why Live got so mad at me, I wasn't the squad leader I checked and asked to join this GAFe squad someone had set up and then a random VLAD player (a guy, so I guess the only VLAD female is the clan leader) joined too... I just remember Live shooting at me and swearing in 12 languages :lol

Bad day maybe? :p

I have horrendous anger issues when I'm in a bad mood, as some of you may have heard :lol

My apologies for that, I'm a nice guy really! :)

Facism

yeh bad day.

And your name was at the top of the squad, denoting leadership YA HERD. D:

And god next time i set a server up i'm just going to put faction balancing on. Stacking and leavers ruin it all. Almost as bad as the [RANDOM CUNT]s who play the entirety of Warzone as TDM.

Fail so massive not even Mr Hands could fit it all in.

Rolf NB

Facism said:
yeh bad day.

And your name was at the top of the squad, denoting leadership YA HERD. D:
No, really, it was me. I failed. I'm sorry.
Facism said:
And god next time i set a server up i'm just going to put faction balancing on. Stacking and leavers ruin it all. Almost as bad as the [RANDOM CUNT]s who play the entirety of Warzone as TDM.
Yeah, I don't really get why anyone would want to play with it off. People leave, people come in, it's just the nature of the thing. With balancing off you just end up with that 5vs2 Salamun bullshit we had yesterday and it stops being fun.

Just because we're in the same clan doesn't mean we can't shoot each other in the face in open games. We're still playing together.

Cagen

matches.jpg

Tonights games so you guys don't miss them!

Name: 3v3 decent return
Ladder: 3v3 8 clans (3 in so far)
Time: Tuesday, April 7th 7:00pm GMT
VP: 8000, 5000, 3000 (2000 fee)
Map: RA
Classes: Assault adn Scout banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Lince, Cagen, Chryz

Name: Vs. VLAD
Teams: 5v5
Time: Tuesday, April 7th, 6:00pm GMT
VP: 30VP
Map: SM
Classes: All
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Cagen, Lince, Chryz, Viper, Rick

Rick I'll send you the tactics, There's not much in them for you but there is a little, just kill people lol.

If we have enough people around I'll sign up to something for later on as well so others get to play some games.

Facism

bcn-ron said:
Yeah, I don't really get why anyone would want to play with it off. People leave, people come in, it's just the nature of the thing. With balancing off you just end up with that 5vs2 Salamun bullshit we had yesterday and it stops being fun.

Just because we're in the same clan doesn't mean we can't shoot each other in the face in open games. We're still playing together.

Fair enough :<

Initially i wanted GAFe vs all but FFO was commenting on the team balance, so i changed sides ;p

And viper left the game for 10 minutes :lol

Cagen

bcn-ron said:

The problem is when people leave and don't come in, I have had almost whole teams leave because we were dominating them so much. Leaving it like 7 on 2 which is total bullshit because with faction balancing on it will not let you move over when the teams are unbalanced.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
The problem is when people leave and don't come in, I have had almost whole teams leave because we were dominating them so much. Leaving it like 7 on 2 which is total bullshit because with faction balancing on it will not let you move over when the teams are unbalanced.

exactly, if only quitting a game would automatically strip you of every point and kill...

Lince

Banned
ok everybody signed for VLAD match please read Cagen's PM on strategies, it's only 30 VP but this could be a good practice, they're very good players.

Cagen

If they would just let you switch teams if they are unbalanced with faction balancing on or auto balance at the start of each objective if they are unbalanced it would be fine.

Cagen

Turns out it might only be the leader that is female so I don't know who Lince has been chatting up :lol. They want to have a series of matches though so we'll schedule some more with them.

KZObsessed

TTP said:
Oh, is the vs VLAD game the one against ladies? I see it's booked already.

:lol

We need you for the upcoming Official Guerrilla Corinth Cluster fuck game. Yeah it will be awful but I doubt too many clans will have 16 players so if we can get a full team... easy VICTORY!

Lince

Banned
TRANNY SURPRISE !!!

no seriously, the clan leader is my college mate so I know for a fact that she's a female :p

there are 5 more girls in VLAD and some lads also, so I don't know who will play with us, I hope at least Andrea (clan leader).

ChryZ

Lince said:
ok everybody signed for VLAD match please read Cagen's PM on strategies, it's only 30 VP but this could be a good practice, they're very good players.
Can someone record it as mp3? I'd like to have it on custom soundtrack, just in case.

Raist

Banned
So, winz or losez?

I'm out of all the games today, this is unacceptable :(
GOnna check the tourney list, are there any volunteers that are not already in the 7pm tourney and want to join me?

edit: there's a 4vs4 on BG starting at 8.45pm GMT. Who's in?

-viper-

Banned
Raist said:
So, winz or losez?

I'm out of all the games today, this is unacceptable :(
GOnna check the tourney list, are there any volunteers that are not already in the 7pm tourney and want to join me?

edit: there's a 4vs4 on BG starting at 8.45pm GMT. Who's in?
8.45pm? Bad timing.

Are there any after 9.30pm?

Lince

Banned
VICTORY !!!

lol Cagen and Chryz dominated, I just was there as a lazy spectator :p

3vs3 sure is fun, I don't know how the lag's that bad only with 6 players... FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA !

oh and don't pick me as a sniper ever... I can't believe I missed those shots... they were standing still defusing and yet I missed, wtf?

Cagen said:
The subsequent matches are every Wednesday at 7:30pm - GG couldn't make a decent tournament if their lives depended on it.

Ok, so the CAG game is full for sign ups so I'll go and accept it.

Roster: Cagen, Viper, FFObsessed, Raist, ChryZ, Rick

The Clusterfuck on Conrinth so far has myself, Viper, Ilparazzo, FFObsessed, Raist, Chryz, 6 vs. 16 this will be interesting :lol I hope a few more people can join though I am sure most of the clans signed up wont have 16 players able to make it either.
You all will probably destroy CAG because I'll admit the scheduling was SUPPOSE to be for 4/11 (Saturday) and that's what was thought to have been said, but then after reading this thread and finding out it said a different time.......dang it. We've had issues scheduling where the day gets mixed up.

Lince

Banned
we lost to VLAD
and we lost our last 3vs3... but we're in the final for 3rd, hope we can deliver some VP home tonight.

Top Bottom