• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Raist

Banned
SO AWESUM

THANK YOU GG FOR THIS AWESUM TOURNEY.

Anyway.

FFO, Live and huhhhhh I don't remember who was the last one yesterday, we've got our final at 11.15pm GMT today, don't forget kthx.

Facism

GGs tonight guys, shame about that final. Lots of bullshit there.

Lince, i apologise if i annoyed you with Assault usage, but please don't start typing shit like TURKISH ******. I don't expect that stuff from anyone other than thugs and racists, which you are clearly neither, despite the comment.

hi5?

Raist

Banned
Another excellent day for GAFe!

We won 1150VP today!

and lost 5000

We should get those GAFe matches up and running, at least GAFe would win whatever happens.

Lince

Banned
Facism said:
GGs tonight guys, shame about that final. Lots of bullshit there.

Lince, i apologise if i annoyed you with Assault usage, but please don't start typing shit like TURKISH ******. I don't expect that stuff from anyone other than thugs and racists, which you are clearly neither, despite the comment.

hi5?

I wasn't complaining about assault, which is fine with rockets disabled, boosting + lag on the other hand was mak¡ng you warp around and was annoying in that particular game. That said, when you wrote in the chat room that you only resorted to boosting in our last game then I replied over the mic that you were a "fucking stubborn Turkish" since you knew you were already doing the same since Visari Hammer (with the grenade launcher + boost). I don't think that was racist, people here have referred to me plenty of times as Spanish/Spaniard and not always with love words... I don't think a racist will be in a plural forum like this one or joining a multi cultural clan with the language handicap... anyway, the fact is I was yelling at you, if you felt offended somewhat then I'll always be here to talk and apologize to a friend doing everything it takes to settle things down, hi5!

edit: don't hate me

ChryZ

I, for one, would like to thank our officers and fearless leader for all the work with looking for games, etc. Cheers, guys.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
bcn-ron said:
If this continue at this pace, I will end this week with a k/d ratio of well below 0.5.
I love it :lol
Don't worry mine is already 0.80, bet yours is better than mine. :( My excuse is that it's my first FPS ever. Online or offline. :p Sorry about killing you so much on Pyrrhus btw, I like picking on other snipers when I'm playing a sniper myself!

-viper-

Banned
bcn-ron said:
If this continue at this pace, I will end this week with a k/d ratio of well below 0.5.
I love it :lol
Mine has dropped rapidly as well, from 1.35 to 1.25. Probably because of the clan games. Don't really care either way though.

Just look at Raist's k/d ratio to make yourself feel better.

j/k Raist :p

Facism

Lince said:
I wasn't complaining about assault, which is fine with rockets disabled, boosting + lag on the other hand was mak¡ng you warp around and was annoying in that particular game. That said, when you wrote in the chat room that you only resorted to boosting in our last game then I replied over the mic that you were a "fucking stubborn Turkish" since you knew you were already doing the same since Visari Hammer (with the grenade launcher + boost). I don't think that was racist, people here have referred to me plenty of times as Spanish/Spaniard and not always with love words... I don't think a racist will be in a plural forum like this one or joining a multi cultural clan with the language handicap... anyway, the fact is I was yelling at you, if you felt offended somewhat then I'll always be here to talk and apologize to a friend doing everything it takes to settle things down, hi5!

edit: don't hate me

I don't hate you <3 Shiiiiiieeeeet happens :p

Also, well done on the net loss of VP tonight, guys ;p

My K:D ratio is a glorious 1.38, and i've jumped from 14000~ to 9000~ in the all-time rankings just last night :D

Rolf NB

ilanna said:
Don't worry mine is already 0.80, bet yours is better than mine. :( My excuse is that it's my first FPS ever. Online or offline. :p Sorry about killing you so much on Pyrrhus btw, I like picking on other snipers when I'm playing a sniper myself!
No worries, it's all good fun. I don't play as a sniper often, only when Phyrrus comes up. I figure that's just what you have to use on that map. Still haven't figured out how to be effective with the class. Even so, if I can be useful as cannon fodder it makes me happy all the same :lol

dazed808

oh k/d talk, erm ah..think it's best I stay outta this one:lol
Lince, I'm happy to take over Tactician duties to free you up to play other classes, though I really need to get the airbot badge to free up that 2nd ability.

Cagen

I can help you get those ribbons Rick. Not sure when I'll be able to get on though as I woke up with tonsillitis this morning, awesome.

4 years ago I ended up in hospital with glandular fever (mono) and there were complications, my airways closed up and I couldn't breath, I was there for 10 days being pumped full of steroids and having blood tests every day, it fucking sucked. Now every time I get sick my throat gets attacked due to it being weakened by my near death but as I don't get 4 attacks of tonsillitis in a year the NHS wont remove them so I go through an attack of tonsillitis just about every year.

/blog

My K/D fluctuates but it usually settles around 1.20. K/D ratio is the last thing you should worry about though, besides in body count. This game isn't a death match it is objective based and that is what's important.

Lince said:
:lol :lol :lol

but we're not here for the money? right guys? right? :/

If we want to make VP, we have to play in high stakes games - just we have been getting very unlucky lately (GAFe Luck).

Raist

Banned
-viper- said:
Just look at Raist's k/d ratio to make yourself feel better.

j/k Raist :p

It's because I'm not a fucking pussy and go straight to the front line, Kid!

My K/D has been doomed during the first few weeks basically. Now I get at least around 1.2 in every match, 1 at worst. Shit takes time to go up unfortunately.

Cagen: ah man that sucks, hope you'll get well soon.

dazed808

Cagen said:
I can help you get those ribbons Rick. Not sure when I'll be able to get on though as I woke up with tonsillitis this morning, awesome.
Cheers mate that would be appreciated, it's the only thing I have left to unlock apart from the sniper stuff and well, I'm not that bothered about that, as I may as well be holding a feckin broom handle whenever I try and use that rifle.

Anyways hope you're feeling better tonight mate, maybe you need Raist round to hold a wet flannel to your forehead:lol

Lince

Banned
dazed808 said:
Lince, I'm happy to take over Tactician duties to free you up to play other classes, though I really need to get the airbot badge to free up that 2nd ability.

really? <3 <3 <3
I'll help you out with those badges as well when Cagen is feeling better (btw get well soon mate!)

and K/D ratio... if you actually try to plant / defuse explosives in S&D instead of camping like noobs then your K/D ration is always going to be screwed, but this game is all about winning with team work, that's where the fun is at.

-viper-

Banned
Get well soon Cagen. Sounds pretty serious D:

Raist said:
It's because I'm not a fucking pussy and go straight to the front line, Kid!

My K/D has been doomed during the first few weeks basically. Now I get at least around 1.2 in every match, 1 at worst. Shit takes time to go up unfortunately.
Lol. I was joking anyway. Following the objectives are more important than than simply killing anyway.

Lince

Banned
fancy a tournament? if we are enough people I've seen some 6v6 that could be interesting.

Name: FTK
Teams: 4v4
Time: April 9th (today) 8:30pm GMT
Map: Radec Academy
Modes: All
FF: ??
Classes: No Assault
Weapons: No rocket/grenade launchers
Roster: Lince ?

ChryZ

Lince said:
fancy a tournament? if we are enough people I've seen some 6v6 that could be interesting.

Roster: Lince ?
Sure!

KZObsessed

Lince said:

Roster: Sexy Lince, Sexy FFObsessed, Sexy Viper, Sexy Dave

Done. Lets SEX them up!

-viper-

Banned
Lince said:

Roster: ChryZ TTP Dave FFObsessed
?

KZObsessed

oops Chryz as well, sign up to a 6 vs 6 lince if you can, and you can take my place Sexy Chryz if you wish :)

Get well soon Sexy Cagen.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince can take my spot. I have a pizza coming at around 8:00pm but it might be late. You never know those kids delivering them.

I'll show up if everything goes as planned. If Lince isn't already there I'll jump in.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
bcn-ron said:
No worries, it's all good fun. I don't play as a sniper often, only when Phyrrus comes up. I figure that's just what you have to use on that map. Still haven't figured out how to be effective with the class. Even so, if I can be useful as cannon fodder it makes me happy all the same :lol
I'm not that good with that class either, but practice makes it perfect. Always loved being a sniper in other games.

Cagen said:
4 years ago I ended up in hospital with glandular fever (mono) and there were complications, my airways closed up and I couldn't breath, I was there for 10 days being pumped full of steroids and having blood tests every day, it fucking sucked. Now every time I get sick my throat gets attacked due to it being weakened by my near death but as I don't get 4 attacks of tonsillitis in a year the NHS wont remove them so I go through an attack of tonsillitis just about every year.
Oh wow! I'm really sorry to her about that, Cagen. :(, Hope you feel better soon! *hug*

KZObsessed

S&R: Spawn point at the wrong delivery point. We need it at the one we defend not the one they defend. So if you die, you instantly spawn back to ours to defend it. Take it from them and attack. Having it at there's meant that if I died while defending I'd have to spawn at theirs and run across to ours, and seeing as they had three turrets in between I had to take the long way round or spawn at base which takes forever. We had the spawn point at the speaker spawn place which was great.

Assassination Defend: Wrong place to hide. We need to use that 30 seconds to set up turrets and C4, not run across the map to another place and have them see us so they know where we are. Should have gone to the library as we were right near our base. Not run into the open and towards the look out post. If you are going to hide there, hide down the ladder so you're just in the green zone, then when things get tough, leg it to the base and try and get to the library.

S&D defend, we were unlucky, they guessed right and got there before us. But we should have switched one of out tacticians to engineer as soon as the spawn points were down. No need being a tactician if we don't need spawn points.

Same goes for S&D attack. Taking out there turrets is the priority as they had 4 up at one point. Then try and take them down and defend whoever is planting and hope we survive long enough to keep the charges planted.

Assassination Attack: I said we should have 2 ppl going in the bottom and two in the top. But I only saw myself going through the bottom. I managed to shot gun him a couple of times before getting killed if we had a second, we would have killed him. We should have worked in pairs during that.

C&H: We did well to capture the middle section for pretty much the whole thing, and the spawn points were great. One in the middle and one at the side. I stayed defending the middle for most of it and came to help out at the side when no one came to challenge me. They had 2 guys camping at the other side one, so there was only 2 at the side one near our base. 3-4 of us should have been able to take it. When he was on the turret, we should have jumped over the barrier and gone up the stairs on the other side, and lobbed a grenade over the bookcase. Set up turrets, C4 and then 2 of us back to the middle to defend.

Lince

Banned
ok we have a 6v6 in 1 hour and we still need two more lads, I want to play in this one. TTP? Cagen? Live? Raist? Jardel? bcn-ron? Rick? Come on guys you are here somewhere.

------------------------

Name: ?
Teams: 6v6
Time: April 9th (today) 22:30pm GMT
Map: Salamun Market
Classes: All (yes, including assault)
Roster: ChryZ, Viper, FFObsessed, Lince, ? , ?

--------------------------

the 21:45 final for third should be played by the same team that started the tourney (FFO, Viper, ChryZ and Dave)

well said FFO, we need to step up our game.

Dave1988

Shameless plug time...

I'm working on a term paper for my writing class and I have chosen the Killzone franchise as a subject. As one of the requirements is that I include a survey into it I thought that I might as well put you guys to some use ;p I'm looking to get input from around 30 people so this thread should be perfect. The survey mostly concerns Killzone 2.

Survey:

Sex:

Questions:

1. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate Killzone 2 as a complete package? Justify your answer.

2. What do you like and dislike about the Singleplayer campaign?

3. What do you like and dislike about the Multiplayer mode?

4. Do you think that Killzone 2 was value for money?

5. Do you plan to support the game by buying DLC (Downloadable Content) that might be released for it? If your answer is "yes", please elaborate on what should be the content of the future DLC.

6. What is your view on the franchise's future? Should it be continued (sequels, prequels, spinoffs) or discontinued? Justify your answer.

End of shameless plug.

An and all input will be appreciated and I thank anyone who will participate in it in advance. I think it's best that the filled out Survey should be sent to me via Private Message so as to not cluter this thread.

Dave1988

-viper- said:
How detailed must my answers be? Is a few lines for each question fine?

I'm not asking for an essay. Basically write whatever you feel. (Except for "Assult sucks ass! FIX THIS SHIT, GG!")

Raist

Banned
Sex: Huge
M
Place of Residence: France

Questions:

1. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate Killzone 2 as a complete package? Justify your answer.
10. Of course there are flaws (mostly in the MP) but it probably is the PS3 game I've spent the most time on so far (to the exception of SSDHD). It's gorgeous, feels different from other FPSs and it's great fun.

2. What do you like and dislike about the Singleplayer campaign?
I like everything, pretty much. Gorgeous, well paced, some nice variety, and challenging. I hate the dumb fuck ally AI.

3. What do you like and dislike about the Multiplayer mode?
It's fun, objectives keep the game varied and interesting to play. The whole clan stuff is nice but could be improved a lot by minor changes. Some balancing issues.
I hate cheaters, too.
Love my clan <3

4. Do you think that Killzone 2 was value for money?
Yes

5. Do you plan to support the game by buying DLC (Downloadable Content) that might be released for it? If your answer is "yes", please elaborate on what should be the content of the future DLC.
Yes. New maps mostly. Maybe new mission types.

6. What is your view on the franchise's future? Should it be continued (sequels, prequels, spinoffs) or discontinued? Justify your answer.
Sequel NAO. FIX THIS SHIT GG. I don't want space shooters or anything. Just stick to FPS, you're good at it.

Facism

I'll write something up for you dave.

Expect the answer to 5. to be:

'No, i expect GG to support it's userbase with free maps instead of shilling their fucking pockets for extra money on shit that cost little to produce. FIX THIS SHIT GG

Cagen

Hur hur, Alan Sugar.

Lols at baby Viper.

Thanks for the well wishes, I'm not that bad just a little sore and feverish - I'll be good in a couple of days.

Dave, I'll answer the questions for you in a day or two.

Facism

Cagen said:
Hur hur, Alan Sugar.

Lols at baby Viper.

Thanks for the well wishes, I'm not that bad just a little sore and feverish - I'll be good in a couple of days.

Dave, I'll answer the questions for you in a day or two.

What was wrong? Came off your skateboard?

:p

Facism

Ah man that's pretty shitty.

You'd think the NHS would at least look at the overall cost of having to treat you once every year due to tonsilitus and schedule you in for what is supposed to be a pretty straightforward op.

No wonder they leak money everywhere. They have some really shitty accountants. I almost had a job with them.

Raist

Banned
Raist said:
Ok so since stimpledorf and WTFing are MIA, and it looks like we don't have any backups, let's just make 2vs2 matches for the intra-GAFe tourney.

Here are the new teams:

Cagen & Raist

Rick & ChryZ

Live & Ilparazzo

Dave & JardeL

Viper & Lince

First round (obviously one team will have to wait a beat since we're uneven):

Cagen & Raist VS Live & Ilparazzo

Dave & JardeL VS Rick & ChryZ

Guys?

Raist

Banned
How the fuck are you still up

We can do both. One big match sometime (why not Brits vs the rest of yurop), and a tourney.

Top Bottom