• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Raist

Banned
So did the 5k VP tournament happen yesterday? :3

I see there'll be one as well today. You guys better not was all these hard-earned points, or I'll kick your ass.

I'll be on a lot less now, since I have to hurry the fuck up with my thesis. A bit more than 3 weeks left, dunno how I will make it :lol
I'd gladly join one or two tourneys to chill out a bit tonight, so keep me a spot open puh-leeze.
I'll join the giant clusterfuck, of course.

Cheers

Negaiido

Raist said:
So did the 5k VP tournament happen yesterday? :3

I see there'll be one as well today. You guys better not was all these hard-earned points, or I'll kick your ass.

I'll be on a lot less now, since I have to hurry the fuck up with my thesis. A bit more than 3 weeks left, dunno how I will make it :lol
I'd gladly join one or two tourneys to chill out a bit tonight, so keep me a spot open puh-leeze.
I'll join the giant clusterfuck, of course.

Cheers

No it didn't happen :(
They didn't wanna lose 5K :(, they as in the opponent.

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Creator of War. The cheats from yesterday signed up to our 5000vp tourney. They msgd me and apologised so I doubt they'd it again. We'll see tho.

Once a crook, always a crook. Doesn't matter how much prison-penis they eat, they'll always be filthy cheats.

I'm back ladies, after a few crazy weeks of work, RE5, and vacations around Lince's city (I'll talk to you later Lince, but I was there the past days :D). And please anyone resend me the chat invite, I was playing yesterday with the feature and by mistake I deleted the GAFe chat, Cagen tried to invite me but I didnt receive any invites.

Lince

Banned
Vasilisk said:
I'm back ladies, after a few crazy weeks of work, RE5, and vacations around Lince's city (I'll talk to you later Lince, but I was there the past days :D).

wtf? so you were the one stalking me and touching my ass a couple of times in the middle of the crowd during Procesiones?

Lince said:
wtf? so you were the one stalking me and touching my ass a couple of times in the middle of the crowd during Procesiones?

I knew you would like it :D. By the way, probably I'm very outdated, but now how are the matches and the roster arranged? The first post was updated like 10 days ago.

dazed808

Sorry Cagen I have no idea if you needed me to join you or not, but I couldn't of anyways as my connection is all over the place tonight, download is fine but upload seems to disappear into a black hole of Virgin Media's finest technical fuckfest.
I will stop spamming the chat with my attempts to connect and play some SP. Will try again in an hour or so.
RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Cagen

Vasilisk said:
I knew you would like it :D. By the way, probably I'm very outdated, but now how are the matches and the roster arranged? The first post was updated like 10 days ago.

Late night games or early in the day games are sorted out between who ever are online in the chat. Evening games are posted in the thread as always to have people sign up to them. The OP hasn't been getting updated because Raist has been neglecting us in favour of his Phd, bad bad man. So just keep an eye on the latest posts to see what is going on and log into chat while playing Killzone (if we can get you an invite lol).

Rick no worries, Nega joined me, we could tell you were having problems.

Raist

Banned
FU honey D:

Anyway, FFO and I are currently kicking asses in a 3k VP tourney, to minimize the VP loss we're probably going to get through tomorrow
you're all fired, especially Lince who will be fired twice
Firsst round was almost a no show, a dude showed up during the last 5 secs.
he almost kicked our asses. FFO can't aim.

Also, we've been challenged, game will go up tomorrow tonight.

Name: vs ANIHILATION PROCLAMATION (omg?)
Date: Thursday, April 16th, 00.15am GMT. (no BST/GMT+1 BS. It's 00.15 for you brits, that's all)
Team: 4vs4
Map: TD
VP: 2000
Modes: All
FF: ?
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Raist, FFObsessed

So we need two volunteers. I've accepted it already, shouldn't be too hard to find two clanmates as it's not very late.

Keep in mind that tonight we also have the GG clusterfuck on CC (16vs16) at 8.30 GMT as well as Lince's wonderful 4vs4 at 10.30 GMT (final for 3rd place), but I guess the roster for this one is already full (Cagen, Neg, Lince, FFO).

So we have matches up at 8.30, 10.30 and 00.15. We might manage to stick a couple of tourneys in there with no overlapping times.

There's a decent 3vs3 for 300vp on RA at 10pm, with BC and Assault out. So final should be at 11.15pm and not overlap with the other tourneys. Lazy ass officers could always check the list tomorrow as well, so that we can sign up to multiple tourneys in parallel if enough people are interested.

Now, going to update the OP, since apparently people are bitching. hmm? :p

There's this shitty Elite thing PT challenge for 10vp, AFAIK roster isn't full yet, there's one spot left.

edit: OP now up to date. Happy now, bitches? :D

I'm very happy now Raist. Ok, I'll be able to play the 8:30 and 00:15 games, and being there to the 3 vs 3 at 10:00. And I'm in to the Elite challenge :D

ChryZ

Raist said:
Date: Thursday, April 16th, 00.15am GMT. (no BST/GMT+1 BS. It's 00.15 for you brits, that's all)
FFS, we had this finally straightened out and now you're calling the correct format BS?

Go here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/

I checked killzone.com and the correct details are:

15/04, 23:15PM GMT
16/04, 00:15AM BST (GMT+1)
16/04, 01:15AM CET (GMT+2)

Lince

Banned
I'll just play the 16v16 clusterfuck in preparation of the 4v4 we need to win so we don't waste our 5000 VP... (4v4 @ 22:30)

remember 22:30 should be Cagen, FFO and Negaiido

Raist

Banned
ChryZ said:
FFS, we had this finally straightened out and now you're calling the correct format BS?

Go here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/

I checked killzone.com and the correct details are:

15/04, 23:15PM GMT
16/04, 00:15AM BST (GMT+1)
16/04, 01:15AM CET (GMT+2)

Because this awful nomenclature is more confusing than anything IMO. Yes, during summer, there is +1. But for everyone (save for a couple of countries we don't give a shit about :p).
The greenwich meridian doesn't magically change place during summer, so for people living in its timezone (UK), the challenge will happen at 00.15. Doesn't matter if it's summer time or winter time.
GMT+1 is usually used for countries having a one hour difference with UK (France, Spain, etc). If you say GMT+1, it might confuse people living in these countries, who will think that it will be 00.15 for them, while it actually will be 01.15.

So either you use BST and CEST (and not CET btw), either you stick to the good old GMT, GMT+1 etc, keeping in mind that the GMT time "changes" on summer/winter. But since the change is the same for everyone, I don't see any issue with that (and while what I wrote differs from what kz.com says, I actually got the times right :p)
Personally I NEVER refer to my time as GMT+2 during summer, it's always GMT+1, but the GMT time varies depending on the season.

And now my head hurts :|

dazed808

Ilparazzo said:
Clusterfuck day, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I missed last weeks and for some masochistic reason i'm really looking forward to tonight's game.
Cagen, I think we could all do with some personalised, specific tactics for tonight, so get the fuck on it fella.
I think " kill every mofo in the room" will suffice, whatchathink??

Rolf NB

Raist said:
Just use BST please. The Brits will know it's their time. If anyone asks what BST is, explain what BST is ("British summer time is simply GMT shifted by daylight savings"). We can do this. We've done it once before.

ChryZ

Raist said:
GMT time varies depending on the season.
If you want to use GMT ... fine, but please do it right.

GMT will never change, it's fixed. UK and most of Europe are on daylight saving at the moment and it adds another hour to their local time. UK moved from GMT to BST (aka GMT+1) and, like you said correctly, CET (GMT+1) moved to CEST (GMT+2).

The incorrect use of GMT since the switch to daylight saving made me almost miss a few matches.

I have to deal with timezone conversion on a daily basis at work, if anyone is having trouble to convert GMT to their local time then I'm more than happy to assist.

Cagen

FUCKING DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. RAIST YOU COCK. :lol

matches.jpg

Name: Corinth Clusterfuck (Clan Warfare)
Ladder: 16vs16 64 clans (64 clans in)
Time: Wednesday, April 15th 8:30pm BST
VP: 376, 193, 71 (10 fee)
Map: CC
FF: On
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Everyone

Confirmed so far: Cagen, Ilparazzo, Rick, Raist, Lince, Vasilisk, Bacon, Dunpeal, Nega

We're up to 9 which isn't bad, a few more and we'll be good against just about any number that we might face. It is a Champions League night though and a match most people will be wanting to watch so I am not sure how well the turnout is going to be, I want to watch the match as well but I'll sacrifice 30 mins of it.

Tactics: I'll go Tactician, everyone else go assault and engineer :lol or just do what ever you want.

Name: 4v4 Salmon Mkt $$ (3rd place final)
Date: Wednesday, 15 Apr 2009 10:30PM BST
Map: SM
VP: 5000
Modes: all
FF: on
Weapons: No rockets/grenade launcher
Roster: Cagen, Lince, FFO, Nega

Name: vs ANIHILATION PROCLAMATION (omg?)
Date: Thursday, April 16th, 00.15am BST
Map: TD
VP: 2000
FF: ?
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Raist, FFObsessed, Vasilisk, Cagen

I'll play in this and send out some tactics in a little while. Unless someone else wants to then they can have my spot as I'll also be in the other two games.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
I'll play in this and send out some tactics in a little while.

hey mate can you send them to me as well for future reference? your tactics are awesome :p

oh and the ni-no-ni-no medic gun team was hilarious

Cagen

Nee-Naw Nee-Naw Nee-Naw Medic tactics should be used in a proper game some time :lol

I can send them to you guys as well, I've always just winged it on TD so I'll have to think about the tactics and they will be far from perfect and not very comprehensive as the usual 4v4 set up will be used which you can't do much with other then set up mass defense lol. If it were 6v6 you could have some better tactics in place.

Negaiido

Like I said before, I'm up for the clustered fucked up match too.
Plus if you don't want to play that match Cagen then I could play it for you ;)

Cagen

I don't "not want to play" but if you want to then go ahead, I play in more then anyone as it is anyway.

Does anyone know which faction we are for the TD clan challenge? Killzone.com has died and I don't want to go down and turn my PS3 on or I'll end up playing :lol.

DunpealD

Cagen said:
I don't "not want to play" but if you want to then go ahead, I play in more then anyone as it is anyway.

Does anyone know which faction we are for the TD clan challenge? Killzone.com has died and I don't want to go down and turn my PS3 on or I'll end up playing :lol.

I suppose you won't. The last thing I recently read on Killzone.com before going down, was that people were saying the servers were down or at least weren't able to connect to them.

Negaiido

Cagen said:

I don't mind to play but its your decision :)

About the 16 vs 16, I'm not sure if I'll make it on time.
My dad's in the hospital and I'm going to visit him tonight so maybe I'll be to late.
I'll try to be online in time :p

F-Pina

Hey guys.

I can play tonight, don't know yet if i can make it to the 8h30pm BST match.
This is British Summer Time right? It's exactly the same as GMT correct? If it is then count me in, i will reach right on time :)

KZObsessed

Raist said:
FU honey D:

Anyway, FFO and I are currently kicking asses in a 3k VP tourney, to minimize the VP loss we're probably going to get through tomorrow
you're all fired, especially Lince who will be fired twice
Firsst round was almost a no show, a dude showed up during the last 5 secs.
he almost kicked our asses. FFO can't aim.

How could I hit him, the guy was a fucking legend!!! :lol

I do believe I killed him more than you tho...

you're fired

ChryZ

F-Pina said:
I can play tonight, don't know yet if i can make it to the 8h30pm BST match.
This is British Summer Time right? It's exactly the same as GMT correct?
7:30PM GMT = 8:30PM BST = 9:30PM CEST

Cagen

Tactics sent out to those playing, those who might be playing and those who requested.

Seeing as I am a giant idiot, I forgot to include the reference image so here it is, lets hope no members of ANIHILATION PROCLAMATION are also members of NeoGAF and are reading this thread :lol.

tharsis.jpg

Now I am off to walk my dog, lets hope I don't collapse - not done any kind of exercise over the last 5 days at all due to being sick, other then a 20 minute amble around Tesco the other day which I almost didn't manage :/.

Raist

Banned
BST IS A FUCKING POS THING. THERE.
I mean that makes no sense. It would mean than countries that are GMT-1 during summer are qualified as GMT countries now, and they're not even on the greenwich meridian. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ChryZ u fired

I hope we'll be enough for the GG clusterfuck. I'm looking forward to win 6 exp points again. Teehee.

And yeah, Cagen, I was like "spot 1 on the image huh? There's no image!"

u fired too

Btw, we're highs for this challenge IIRC.

KZObsessed

Can't make the Cluster Fuck as I'm going to watch the Utd match.

I'm fired

Will obviously play in the ones later tonight etc.

bovo

I may be able to make the 8:30pm BST match - although it coincides with bedtime (not mine :lol ) so that's why I don't normally sign up for things at this time (or any time for that matter)

As there should be space though, I'll put my name down, as I shouldn't be taking the place of anyone more reliable...

Wowbagger

Too late for this round, but I'll play in future rounds of the clusterfuck.

Was this round actually played, btw? Must've been automatic win, right? I logged on nine minutes too late and we'd already won our match.

Raist

Banned
I just sub'd to a 4vs4 on TD @ 10pm for you british folks (BullShit Time :D)

That's 11pm for Spanish folks, etc.

Vasi, ChryZ and I are in, we need 1 moar. Final should be @ 11.15 and not overlap with any other tournament. People in the 5k final obviously can't join.

Also, we've been challenge by the Deadly Acurate Panda. Which afaik is a bunch of cheats. It's a 3v3 on Radec, same time than the tourney i've sub'd to. So I guess I might as well decline it.

Cagen

Raist said:
I just sub'd to a 4vs4 on TD @ 10pm for you british folks (BullShit Time :D)

That's 11pm for Spanish folks, etc.

Vasi, ChryZ and I are in, we need 1 moar. Final should be @ 11.15 and not overlap with any other tournament. People in the 5k final obviously can't join.

Also, we've been challenge by the Deadly Acurate Panda. Which afaik is a bunch of cheats. It's a 3v3 on Radec, same time than the tourney i've sub'd to. So I guess I might as well decline it.

They are cheats, just decline it.

Rolf NB

Mass assault+rockets+friendly fire+small map = buckets of stupid. It was hilarious though, in a way. Sorry for everyone I TKed, must have been a lot of accidents, even though I only specifically noticed shooting one of ours once. I only know my score was -5 30 seconds into the S&D defence objective. No idea how I managed to pull that off. Maybe I blew up a turret or something.

Top Bottom