• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

icechai

Xater said:
On short to medium distances the SMG is awesome. I won't like it over long distances though. I chose it depending on the map.

not worth it due to ammo amount and rate of fire in my opinion unless you have the extra ammo badge

GodofWine

blackMamba1187 said:
is it worthwhile to get the newer bluetooth headset? I've never been a fan of them, but if doesn't pick as much ambient noise as others I've used, it could be a good investment. Or, at least, that's what I keep telling myself.:D

I use a motorolla H375 that came with my work cell phone and its pretty much perfect. I gave my Warhawk Jabra to a friend and it works for him fine.

peetfeet

Always-honest said:
there is one left to that small building in the center and one close to the stairs on the right, near the barbed wire. and yea, i only killed a few hellghast (on veteran). teammates took care of the rest (and all died in the progress, but magicly revived when i killed the final Hellghast)

Cheers, thanks again.

Edit: Just tried again and did it on my 3rd try :D Using that gun makes a big difference. Less recoil.

Baha said:
Where did you get your copy....

please say Toronto

I'm going to try my luck at Best Buy on Dundas & Bay during my lunch break. The site says it's in stock but who knows if they're going to sell it...

andycapps

jmonteiro said:
Can't you do Release-Date delivery? I'm a prime user so release-date is free to me but I think it's only $3.99 for non-prime users. Go change your delivery method and get it tomorrow :D

I would love to, but when I ordered it on the 24th the release date delivery was not an option. I looked at the FAQ there and they said it depends on the product, timeframe, and your zip code. So one of the 3 made it so it's not an option for me. I did do the free trial of Prime so I got free 2 day shipping, I could upgrade to 1 day shipping for $3.99.. I'm thinking hard about that as if they ship it out today, that'd mean I'd get it tomorrow. Delivery estimate now says between tomorrow and next Tuesday.

Just talking about it has made me realize that $3.99 is worth it in case I get it tomorrow or Saturday. :lol Now it says delivery estimate is between tomorrow and Monday.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
McLovin said:
What kind of penalty does Gamestop give for not picking up a pre-order? I pre-ordered at a GS that isn't doing a midnight launch. I'm really tempted to just pick it up and one that is doing it and getting store credit at the other store.

There is no penalty, you can apply that credit to another game.

Ceb said:
(Level 9 spoiler)

I thought the
mech was Helghan tech though? According to the stats - haven't played the level in question yet.

Level 8 was just :O :O :O :O :O

Amazing lighting effects all over the place.

This game really is something special. I've felt a bit jaded lately; no recent big titles have grabbed me, but Killzone 2 is truly great. I had to force myself to stop playing so I wouldn't beat the entire thing in one sitting. It's not just about the graphics either - the core gameplay is what makes it hold up. The firefights are so dynamic and exhilarating.

Couldnt figure out how to hide my response so I cannot answer this right now.

Man ... I can't wait for tomorrow. Take a long lunch and pick the game up. Go home and play all night. I've got the Fiance working on the invitations I designed. I've got a buddy coming up.

Stoked. :D

andycapps

Fenderputty said:
Man ... I can't wait for tomorrow. Take a long lunch and pick the game up. Go home and play all night. I've got the Fiance working on the invitations I designed. I've got a buddy coming up.

Stoked. :D

Invitations? Having a launch party at your place? Be sure and post pics of the party and the invitations.

_leech_ said:
I'm going to try my luck at Best Buy on Dundas & Bay during my lunch break. The site says it's in stock but who knows if they're going to sell it...

they wont. the computer doesnt let them sell it.
i got mine at blockbuster in toronto.

bigswords

McBacon said:
Error 10002? What the heck.

Ok today the servers are much better, I could play with my squad with voice and it didn't lag for an hour till the server kicked us for 100002 error

Crap I hope the kills and ribbons I gotten are counted...are they?

Xater

bigswords said:
Ok today the servers are much better, I could play with my squad with voice and it didn't lag for an hour till the server kicked us for 100002 error

If it was mid game probably not.

DoomGyver

bigswords said:

Yesterday I ranked up before the servers went down and all of my stats were saved.

So I wouldn't worry.

Xater

Full Recovery said:
Yesterday I ranked up before the servers went down and all of my stats were saved.

So I wouldn't worry.

I did not have that luck. Only when I actually saw the end screen with how many points I got all the stuff was saved.

anddo0

Well, my store is having a midnight launch.. Only problem is its going to be freezing out.

Anyone in NYC have any luck getting it early?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm certainly not bothering with a midnight launch if they are even doing it, but I take it that all Gamestop/EB Games will have this for sale tomorrow?

Pre-ordered it with some store credit, but it's been about four years since I did this at an EB Games and I don't remember if they always call at this particular location or not.

Xater

Full Recovery said:
UGH, Servers are back down? What is it this time?

I bet no one can scroll horizontally. :lol

Nope. This time it's a 931 network error that pops up randomly and kicks you out of online entirely.

3rdamention said:
Couldnt figure out how to hide my response so I cannot answer this right now.
use
and [/spoiler ] tags

anddo0 said:
Well, my store is having a midnight launch.. Only problem is its going to be freezing out.

Anyone in NYC have any luck getting it early?
i got mine yesterday at J&L.

264ga5h.jpg

EXGN said:
Just beat it... the last level is perhaps the most epic final level in FPS I've played yet, albeit a bit long and VERY hard. I was gonna go through an Elite run to get the trophy but after playing it on Normal, the notion makes me uneasy =\

I beat the game in 8 hours and 51 minutes, and the last level alone took me 2 hours and 48 minutes with 45 deaths :lol .

That is what I am talking about. I played on Trooper, and that last level is crazy. So long, so Epic. I am on the very last part of the last level, but had to quit so I could focus on it uninterupted. But I have died like 77 times so far total.

andycapps

Yess.... just got off the phone with Amazon, got my previous order cancelled and re-ordered to get release date delivery tomorrow for free with Amazon Prime. So I will be joining you guys tomorrow night. East Coast GAF FTW!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!

womfalcs3

Banned
They said they would take down the website/server temporarily for the fix. i.e., the servers were intentionally taken offline; they didn't crash.

alba

Little is the new Big
womfalcs3 said:
They said they would take down the website/server temporarily for the fix. i.e., the servers were intentionally taken offline; they didn't crash.

Yep, just need to wait until they're back online... it better happen soon, oh yes! I need to rank up, I NEED IT NOW :D

andycapps said:
Invitations? Having a launch party at your place? Be sure and post pics of the party and the invitations.

:lol Man ... It's still early ... she making the invitation to our wedding while I play the game.

andycapps

Fenderputty said:
:lol Man ... It's still early ... she making the invitation to our wedding while I play the game.

Haha, I was wondering. Good luck with the wedding, I'm glad my wife is going to be gone tomorrow night when I get the game so I can play it for hours and hours.

Tenks

Totobeni said:
Guerrilla Games Servers got Killzowned

KILLZONE 2 Killzowned everything

Yo Dawg I heard you like Killzowning so I Killzowned your Killzone so you can Kill while you Killzown!

GodofWine

Aeon712 said:
Just picked my copy up in Philly, was planning on spending my day off playing Fallout 3 >_<.

WHERE IN PHILLY!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Im right over the bridge in NJ

Flib said:
Did they seem to have a lot of copies in stock?
when i was there, they had just gotten their second shipment that day, and the box was still in the back. the guy even asked me how many copies i wanted :lol :lol :lol

just call (212) 233-3399&#8206; and see if they have any left.

koene

Finished it 5 min ago. I freakin love it! The game is breathtaking in many ways.

A little advice though. Play on "trooper" difficulty the first time through. Especially if you're planning on playing without HUD/crosshair. Veteran is ok for the most part, but in some area's you'll cry out for help.

Also, the last boss fight is way too hard. I played the whole game on veteran mode, except the very last level. Good thing you can restart every section on different difficulties.
I was planning on doing an elite playthrough. But that's like even worse than Veteran in CoD4 (which says a lot).

Anyway, for those awaiting the official release: It's totally worth the wait :)

Top Bottom