• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

andycapps

Game still hasn't shipped from Amazon, triggers should be here tomorrow though.. Guess I won't be playing with you guys this weekend. Their delivery estimate still says 3/4/09. :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
KILLZONE 2 RAWR :mad:

...no Killzone for me till the end of Friday. Ugh. :(

Great official thread, I've been pumped since forever! BRING ON THE AWESOME!

thaOwner

chubigans said:

Welcome back Chubs. Now all thats left is Wollan and Kill squad have all assembled.

andycapps

chubigans said:

Tell me about it, it won't be delivered for me until next Tuesday.. Horrible..

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My KZ2 will arrive tomorrow in the mail. I was kinda hoping that it would arrive today, but screw it, I've waited years for this bitch so what's 24 hours.

Owensboro

alr1ghtstart said:
Mr amazon.com please ship this nao. I paid for release date delivery.

Yeah... Mine hasn't shipped yet either. Stupid Amazon. You are actually making me regret not pre-ordering it at a Gamestop, and that feels even worse.

Ship it!

Xater

F#A#Oo said:
I cannot get online... :/

errors... :(

Same here. Apparently Guerilla is working on it they will release a small patch today.

From Killzone.com:

Hi folks,

we’re on this one and have a good idea why it is occuring. There will also be a new patch released in the next two hours to hopefully fix this. In the mean time, stay cool and normal service will resume shortly. This is the only fix included in the patch. You may experience a little bit of down-time both here and on the game servers. It may then take a while for the site and game to repopulate the stats.

Seb

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

careksims

Victory is soon upon us! Well come tomorrow! I'm going to savor it! All day Killzone 2! Wonder what munchies I'm gonna' buy.

Good to see Chubs kickin' and alive!

Q-bert

Banned
Xater said:
There will also be a new patch released in the next two hours to hopefully fix this.

Wut?

How come SOCOM patches takes weeks/months to work on and identify, and then at least another week or more in "QA" before finally being released?

How can they possibly fix a bug and release a patch in the span of a single day?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
chubigans said:

You don't have it that bad bro, I have to wait till Sunday and the game will be in my hands Friday. :'(

Q-bert said:
Wut?

How come SOCOM patches takes weeks/months to work on and identify, and then at least another week or more in "QA" before finally being released?

How can they possibly fix a bug and release a patch in the span of a single day?

How can they make Killzone 2? Same answer: a cocktail of magic and hard work.

Do you need to specifically put ranked match somewhere when starting warzone?? I didnt level up after playing, or was it because i jumped out of the match and didnt finish it?

How long until we can talk about sales? Will Sony brag, do we have to wait forever until NPD hits? I suppose we can get an indication based on the weekly PAL charts.

pseudocaesar said:
How long until we can talk about sales? Will Sony brag, do we have to wait forever until NPD hits? I suppose we can get an indication based on the weekly PAL charts.

Sony might want to start advertising in the US before they brag

GodofWine

Ashley-bot has not called me yet....I know my copy will be there for me at 10am tomorrow...but DAMNIT ASHLEY....Call me...please...I miss you...

McLovin

What kind of penalty does Gamestop give for not picking up a pre-order? I pre-ordered at a GS that isn't doing a midnight launch. I'm really tempted to just pick it up and one that is doing it and getting store credit at the other store.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
someone please tell me there's a hack or patch to allow USB mouse and keyboard support... it has been a long time since I played one, but man... i never realised how BAD console FPS games are to control.

i chose the easiest difficult because not only am i fighting the helghast, but i'm fighting the controls as well. i need every bit of help i can get.

jmonteiro

andycapps said:
Game still hasn't shipped from Amazon, triggers should be here tomorrow though.. Guess I won't be playing with you guys this weekend. Their delivery estimate still says 3/4/09. :(

Can't you do Release-Date delivery? I'm a prime user so release-date is free to me but I think it's only $3.99 for non-prime users. Go change your delivery method and get it tomorrow :D

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Scrow said:
someone please tell me there's a hack or patch to allow USB mouse and keyboard support... it has been a long time since I played one, but man... i never realised how BAD console FPS games are to control.

i chose the easiest difficult because not only am i fighting the helghast, but i'm fighting the controls as well. i need every bit of help i can get.
Killzone 2's controls are different from other FPS games. It needs more time to get used to.

McLovin

Scrow said:

i chose the easiest difficult because not only am i fighting the helghast, but i'm fighting the controls as well.
I don't think so. Besides that would be really unfair to the people using a regular controller.

is it worthwhile to get the newer bluetooth headset? I've never been a fan of them, but if doesn't pick as much ambient noise as others I've used, it could be a good investment. Or, at least, that's what I keep telling myself.:D

Q-bert

Banned
Scrow said:

No.

jmonteiro

McLovin said:
What kind of penalty does Gamestop give for not picking up a pre-order? I pre-ordered at a GS that isn't doing a midnight launch. I'm really tempted to just pick it up and one that is doing it and getting store credit at the other store.

You should just call the store and cash out the pre-order money into a GS gift card then go the other store and buy the game.

Xater

Scrow said:

Wow:lol

The game is so fucking easy on the easiest difficulty it's not even funny. I did the first real level only with the knife just for fun. :D

There are adapters to use a Keyboard and a mouse but I don't know how well they work and this sounds more like you just suck at the game. :lol

peetfeet

Always-honest said:
i started with the big dude on the right. i shot him with the standard isa rifle,
then i stayed near the stairs and shot the other one. i only shot a few hellghast. took me a few tries to try all the option, sniper, turret, etc.

Thanks i'll give it a go later.

I think I need to find an isa rifle with plenty of ammo, the only one i found had very few in. The guy you first meet earlier in the game i had no trouble with at all and finished him off in 44secs using the isa rifle, its obviously the best for the job so far. From what you say then I only have to get the 2 heavys to finish that part and not everyone else too?

Baker

Banned
McLovin said:

Nothing, I accidentally end up doing it a lot. Whenever I get around to going back in, I just tell them to put the money towards my current purchase/pre-order.

I'm gonna say that my favorite weapons so far are easily the semi-automatic pistol and the submachine gun.

I wonder if it'll be that way online.

blackMamba1187 said:
is it worthwhile to get the newer bluetooth headset? I've never been a fan of them, but if doesn't pick as much ambient noise as others I've used, it could be a good investment. Or, at least, that's what I keep telling myself.:D

Ive used that crappy bluetooth one that came with warhawk and it never worked good for me. So i bought a wired usb one. worked a bit better. id say that sony one is the best one and worth it.

elohel

just out of curiosity.......what is the likelihood that gamestop will break the street date early?(say 10pm instead of midnight if no one is there)

i don't think they will, when i told my roommate that the line starts at 10pm he said "well more than likely if we're the only ones there they'll just give it to us"

again, i don't agree but i was wondering if anyone had some....experience of such a thing happening

also, cannot fucking wait to play this game lol

McLovin

jmonteiro said:
You should just call the store and cash out the pre-order money into a GS gift card then go the other store and buy the game.
I will do this on my lunch break. Sleep at 4pm to 11pm and do an all nighter :D

Xater

MickeyKnox said:
I'm gonna say that my favorite weapons so far are easily the semi-automatic pistol and the submachine gun.

I wonder if it'll be that way online.

On short to medium distances the SMG is awesome. I won't like it over long distances though. I chose it depending on the map.

peetfeet said:
Thanks i'll give it a go later.

I think I need to find an isa rifle with plenty of ammo, the only one i found had very few in. The guy you first meet earlier in the game i had no trouble with at all and finished him off in 44secs using the isa rifle, its obviously the best for the job so far. From what you say then I only have to get the 2 heavys to finish that part and not everyone else too?
there is one left to that small building in the center and one close to the stairs on the right, near the barbed wire. and yea, i only killed a few hellghast (on veteran). teammates took care of the rest (and all died in the progress, but magicly revived when i killed the final Hellghast)

Top Bottom