• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

The_Dude

duckroll said:
Got it today. Played the first two stages. Pretty awesome stuff! :D
Pretty much exactly what I was about to post!

Only other thing, I kind of wish they didn't include collectables in these sorts of games. I know I can ignore them so it's pretty much my own fault, but I always feel compelled to collect even though I feel like it breaks things up a bit.

Rico: Sev, we're going to die any second now! Hurry up!
Sev: Hang on, I'm just checking if there are an Helghast insignia around here! I only need one more!

Anyway, love it so far, can't wait to see what lies ahead!

does the official killzone 2 ps3 bundle come out tomorrow in the uk?

any shops doing their own deals with it, like an extra game and some shit blu ray film for 299?

tiddles

Psychotext said:
How? I was wondering how that works.

It's not actually blindfire... you pop up and fire automatically if you press fire while in cover, but you have the same vulnerability / accuracy as if you had popped up manually.

tiddles said:
It's not actually blindfire... you pop up and fire automatically if you press fire while in cover, but you have the same vulnerability / accuracy as if you had popped up manually.

yeah, there is no blind fire.

painey

wooo, got my steelbook. I'd be playing right now, but im going in circles trying to sort out an insurance claim and the bloody idiots on the phone barely speak a word of english.

The_Dude said:
Pretty much exactly what I was about to post!

Only other thing, I kind of wish they didn't include collectables in these sorts of games. I know I can ignore them so it's pretty much my own fault, but I always feel compelled to collect even though I feel like it breaks things up a bit.

Rico: Sev, we're going to die any second now! Hurry up!
Sev: Hang on, I'm just checking if there are an Helghast insignia around here! I only need one more!

Anyway, love it so far, can't wait to see what lies ahead!

I save that sorta shit for the 2nd or even 3rd playthrough. I will say though, this game rocks, and boy is it the most satisfyingly difficult game ive ever played. Cant wait for elite!

slider

slider said:
Still hasn't arrived. Still no notice about it being shipped. Amazon says that delivery estimate is today or tomorrow. Lying bastards. I might pop into a shop and get it and give my other copy to my bro.

It's shipped (in case there are any other Amazon pre-order-ers). I'm hopeful it'll arrive tomorrow before all you lucky bastards get too good.

:D

F#A#Oo

Banned
Just some comments thus far...

The turning is quite slow...I have sensitivity about 60% or 70%...It will take some getting use to...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
F#A#Oo said:
Just some comments thus far...

The turning is quite slow...I have sensitivity about 60% or 70%...It will take some getting use to...
It does take some getting used to. Even once I adjusted to the set up, a quick turn option (ala the 180 turn button in L4D 360) would still have been welcome, if only for the single player game.

Chances are you will get used it though, it wasn't an issue for me after an hour or two, really.

KZObsessed

A.R.K said:
This is how one can win one of these
3309623607_8a315beaf9.jpg

* Day 1: Max number of Helghast killed by a single grenade
* Day 2: Total Number of helmets popped
* Day 3: Least time taken to kill Radec
* Day 4: Total amount of Boltgun Kills
* Day 5: Most Assassinations
* Day 6: Highest Kill ratio
* Day 7: Most revives performed
* Day 8: Highest All Weapon Accuracy
* Day 9: Most spawn deploys
* Day 10: Best sniper Accuracy
* Day 11: Highest killingspree
* Day 12: Most headshots
* Day 13: Most Games Lost
* Day 14: Most games played as ISA

FUCK I WANT ONE! and I think I can win on Day 13 :lol

link

It could have been mine! :(

Mik2121

Oh man this is so horrible! Seeing all you guys getting the game already and playing online.. and me here waiting for Play-Asia to send it to me... :'(

Great game but man is it random sometimes. Played it at veteran first and sometimes the ways you could die... As the fact that it does not matter what you do sometimes you just die because someone feels like shooting you with a rpg. You had to kind of laugh how random it was. One time I died, it reloaded and literally 1 second later I got hit by a rocket. wtf? :lol

So I pussied out and restarted at a lower difficulty. Mainly because I figured if I died 15 times just to finish the first level then I would probably just get stuck at some level later in the game.

But the game really is sweet. Want to finish the SP before multi but really looking forward to that.

peetfeet

Doc Evils said:
This game on vet makes COD4 feel like a girls playground.

Tell me about it.... I'm guessing i'm at the end of the 3rd level.
Visari square, When the 3rd or 4th wave of Helgan come with a couple of those potato head thingmajigs you have to shoot the head then back. They seem way harder to kill than when you first encounter the one on its own, i must have played that part for an hour last night and didnt get anywhere... guess what i'm doing tonight :-S

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
peetfeet said:
Tell me about it.... I'm guessing i'm at the end of the 3rd level.
Visari square, When the 3rd or 4th wave of Helgan come with a couple of those potato head thingmajigs you have to shoot the head then back. They seem way harder to kill than when you first encounter the one on its own, i must have played that part for an hour last night and didnt get anywhere... guess what i'm doing tonight :-S
Can't you just turret their asses?

Yoboman

Didn't like the first (demo) stage that much, but this game is building up fast. The firefights are probably the best I've experienced in an FPS. The visuals are orgasmic, the sound is as good. Everything about this game is quality. I am very impressed

alba

Little is the new Big
guess they're rolling otu the patch or something coz i got disconnected and couldn't connect back :eek:

EDIT and once again lol

alba

Little is the new Big
yeah, i keep getting error -931 guess i'll wait for the patch, damnit I was having so much fun just ripping dudes apart

KZObsessed

alba said:
yeah, i keep getting error -931 guess i'll wait for the patch, damnit I was having so much fun just ripping dudes apart

Same. Gonna try a skirmish first and see the updated Saluman Market, then into SP! :D

rSpooky

Just one more day .....

Gotta a call the midnight release at my store was cancelled, but that is ok have to work friday anyways... but by zeus' beard I will leave early and pick up my copy , surround me with snacks and drinks, tell the kids to leave daddy alone and enjoy my journey to helgast!!

Provided I can get the girls to stop watching hana montana /disney channel .

peetfeet said:
Not for long, too many, and the troops come from all angles. Your buddies are fuck all help covering your ass.
i started with the big dude on the right. i shot him with the standard isa rifle,
then i stayed near the stairs and shot the other one. i only shot a few hellghast. took me a few tries to try all the option, sniper, turret, etc.

Top Bottom