• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Hachimaki

_leech_ said:
I'm going to try my luck at Best Buy on Dundas & Bay during my lunch break. The site says it's in stock but who knows if they're going to sell it...

Yeah the Best Buy near me says it has it in stock on the website. I'll stop by later and see if it's true or not.

BeeDog

MickeyKnox said:
One thing I have to really stress is that people should play with no hud/x-hairs, does wonders for the game.

Would you even recommend it for the first playthrough?

Oh, also, from what I've gathered, the game needs to be finished on all difficulty levels so the percentage count on the KZ.com website goes up. But what I wanna know is, if I finish the game on the hardest diff. level, will the results stack? Or is it the same shit as in Bad Company, where I need to finish the game several times?

no, first playthrough im doing hud on. Get a feel for the game, because it does take awhile to get used to the motion and the controls.

Crisco

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
One thing I have to really stress is that people should play with no hud/x-hairs, does wonders for the game.

The one thing that annoyed me about the no HUD was, at least in the demo, you didn't get the popup that told you when you could pick up a weapon. You also didn't get the indicators for the pushing elevator button or having the dude boost you up. It was fine because I'd already played through the demo a couple times with the HUD, so I knew what to do, but I imagine it could be frustrating later in the game.

Mash

MickeyKnox said:

Does turning off hud remove the sort of black fade in the corners? I loved that little effect, added a little something.

BeeDog said:
Would you even recommend it for the first playthrough?

Oh, also, from what I've gathered, the game needs to be finished on all difficulty levels so the percentage count on the KZ.com website goes up. But what I wanna know is, if I finish the game on the hardest diff. level, will the results stack? Or is it the same shit as in Bad Company, where I need to finish the game several times?
Absolutely.

I mentioned this in the demo thread but it bears repeating, one of the tell tale signs of a cohesively designed shooter lies in the actual first person view models, how they're modeled, animated and what FOV they use. When done right, as is the case here, the weapon and field of view naturally draws your eye to where your bullets will impact so there's no need for an artificial marker in the frame disturbing the experience.

MickeyKnox said:
Absolutely.

I mentioned this in the demo thread but it bears repeating, one of the tell tale signs of a cohesively designed shooter lies in the actual first person view models, how they're modeled, animated and what FOV they use. When done right, as is the case here, the weapon and field of view naturally draws your eye to where your bullets will impact so there's no need for an artificial marker in the frame disturbing the experience.

indeed.. though you need to know the basics for button actions (healing..) but once you know the basics, huds away

jmd494

i'd like a clan invite if I can just play for fun. i dont want any kind of practice requirements/headset requirements. i'll play a lot but I'm not hardcore competitive. if that's what gaf clan is about and if there are still plenty of openings, send me an invite. My PSN id is AKidNamedJustin.

ChryZ

Screw you videogamesplus.ca! They send a mail on Monday "we're shipping early to match the delivery with the street date", 1 day before release, no tracking number, nothing ... so I asked for an update and they replied "you credit card got rejected and we canceled your order". What a big fuck you and it was my first order at that place, well it was my LAST order there.

.GqueB.

Banned
Anyone still looking for it in NYC (I cant imagine people are still looking for this game since everyone has it by now) I found it in Gamechamp on Nevins street in downtown brooklyn. I went there at about 11am and the dude said they had about 20 copies left.

Naturally since theyre selling it earlier they upped the price to capitalize but its only 5 bucks and it saves me a trip to the city tomorrow to pick it up at gamestop so whatever.

So go...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TwIsTeD

im debating on grabbing this tonight, re5 has this massive appeal to me, but the multiplayer of kz2 is seeming like it might be great, decisions decisions :lol

Aladuf

Banned
Is it fucking midnight yet? I got the call just a couple of days ago from Gamestop saying I actually have a midnight launch, I nearly shat myself.

CurlySaysX said:
Wow.. this game is hard. I like it.
Played some onlines and had absolutely no Idea what the objective was.
My Rating : Pending

You'll get used to it, I was completely lost in the beta when I first started playing, once you get used to it it is so addicting and satisfying.

GodofWine

GodofWine said:
Oh damn...there is an FYE at Moorestown mall near me right now......SWARM SWARM SWARM

FAIL...no games at all there.

Called a blockbuster...FAIL

Gamestop still hasnt called about my pre-order FAIL

Thinking of setting up a preorder at best buy as a back up

Aeon712

This game is awesome though I hate the controls. The buttons just don't seem to be in the natural spots to me. Darn my not eating dinner last night, I have to take a wendy's break now.

Letting the game sit on the start screen shows some pretty epic moments.

Baha

Previously on gaf...

Baha said:
Stepping out to pick up my copy.

Call your local blockbuster...

And now the startling conclusion...

Yeah the guy at blockbuster fucked up and realized after I had arrived that he couldn't sell me a copy until tomorrow.

FUCK.

Ephemeris

Love Love Love Love Love Tactician.

I Love It.

Nothing like sneaking behind the enemy's area and launching a spawn grenade for great success.

Dommel

My god the Multiplayer is awesome. 16 vs 16 running around on the same map trying to achieve various objectives which will decide the winnar.

I thought I'd give it a try this afternoon around 1pm, after 6 hours of playing it's time for a little break now :lol

Wario64 said:
So is Best Buy really selling it?
well not around here. I've been hitting up all he stores today looking. Maybe at midnight.

ugh I'm trying very hard to focus on my Algothrims homework but it hard : (

Aeon712

Spy said:
I'm not hyped at all for Killzone 2 even though I preordered it. I've been too busy with SFIV!
I was the same way, I didn't even pre order it. Now that I'm playing it it's pretty freaking awesome.

Nightz

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Guys, call your local blockbusters. I only had to call two, and the second one they said theyd sell it to me, and that was yesterday.
I did the same. The lady said that they had 2 copies and would hold one for me, but when I got there she told me that she realized she wasn't supposed to sell 'em until Friday. She felt bad though, so she gave me 1 free game rental and 1 free popcorn. >_>

Baha

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Guys, call your local blockbusters. I only had to call two, and the second one they said theyd sell it to me, and that was yesterday.

Read my post above. Unless you know a specific location in Toronto that's selling it (
pm me
), I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

DMeisterJ

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:

Damn...

Too bad I already pre-ordered it from GameStop... I'll just wait til tomorrow morning.

GodofWine

Nightz said:
I did the same. The lady said that they had 2 copies and would hold one for me, but when I got there she told me that she realized she wasn't supposed to sell 'em until Friday. She felt bad though, so she gave me 1 free game rental and 1 free popcorn. >_>

See, now that was nice of her...Killzone warms my heart.

(ASHLEY-BOT CALL ME GODDAMNIT!!!!! TELL ME MY PRE-ORDER IS IN AND READY FOR A 10AM PICKUP)

Top Bottom