• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Baha

_leech_ said:
I'll let you know in an hour.

Not at the Bay & Dundas location. I didn't see any copies in the glass display and the only person I asked already knew it wasn't for sale until tomorrow. Same with GameShack, HMV, & Futureshop :(

Checked my Amazon order :D

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

Irnbru

xBerserker said:

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

Same here, yeeessss.

vicktormerv said:
Same here, yeeessss.

i was hoping my triggers would be here before friday but it looks like it wont reach til early march :(

hopefully you gaffers hyping the hell out of this game is right. I need a good fps to give me the feel that cod4 gave me last year.

Macattk15

xBerserker said:

It's said that 5 hours ago for me. Still hasn't shipped. HOW SOON IS SOON AMAZON, HOW SOON IS SOOOOOOOOOOOON?!

Angst

Played a tiny bit of MP today. So far it's really good.

But for some reason I can't choose sides when starting a game... Is it because my rank is too low or is it a server setting?

andycapps

Aeon712 said:
I was the same way, I didn't even pre order it. Now that I'm playing it it's pretty freaking awesome.

So for you, do you see this being something that the original GAF clan for RFOM can embrace and everyone will enjoy playing nightly?

GodofWine

Angst said:
Played a tiny bit of MP today. So far it's really good.

But for some reason I can't choose sides when starting a game... Is it because my rank is too low or is it a server setting?

Server setting (auto balance I believe, it can be disabled)

anddo0

My BB has it, but the chick on the phone was smart enough to check the release date and said its tomorrow :( Oh well, midnight it is.

andycapps

bdizzle said:
i was hoping my triggers would be here before friday but it looks like it wont reach til early march :(

My triggers will be here tomorrow from Amazon. At first the website said it'd be over a month.

To everyone talking about Amazon orders, mine says shipping soon but delivery estimate is still tomorrow. I don't think they'll process the orders until the cutoff for release date delivery, which is 4:30 PM EST. That's what I assume anyway. Regardless, if it says it'll be here tomorrow, I'm trusting that it will be.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! It's mine!
Screw midnight. At the suggestion, I went to Blockbuster.
They clerk said they had already sold out of all their selling copies...wow
BUT he said I could rent and own a copy they had for the same price.
I didn't know that. I can just rent it and keep it until it's past due and the balance is charged to me.
He even gave me a brand new KZ box with manual because I said I was going to keep it. He didn't understand why they were sold out when it wasn't supposed to be put out until tomorrow.

Check your local blockbuster! I'll be on as soon as I get home from lunch, BOOSH!

Aeon712

andycapps said:
So for you, do you see this being something that the original GAF clan for RFOM can embrace and everyone will enjoy playing nightly?
Yea, I was talking to the guys last night and they all seemed amped for it where as when R2 launched only me and Bob were excited. Everyone already commited to playing Friday night :D.

Loudninja

BobTheFork said:
I didn't know that. I can just rent it and keep it until it's past due and the balance is charged to me.
He even gave me a brand new KZ box with manual because I said I was going to keep it. He didn't understand why they were sold out when it wasn't supposed to be put out until tomorrow.

Check your local blockbuster! I'll be on as soon as I get home from lunch, BOOSH!

:lol Damn

andycapps

Aeon712 said:
Yea, I was talking to the guys last night and they all seemed amped for it where as when R2 launched only me and Bob were excited. Everyone already commited to playing Friday night :D.

That's awesome! Hopefully I can be more involved this time around than I was with RFOM. Just so busy it's hard to be online every night. But I will definitely be on tomorrow night, I guess I'll be playing MP before I even start SP. Oh well, I can't wait! :lol :lol

Nightz said:
I did the same. The lady said that they had 2 copies and would hold one for me, but when I got there she told me that she realized she wasn't supposed to sell 'em until Friday. She felt bad though, so she gave me 1 free game rental and 1 free popcorn. >_>

me too, the first one i called the lady said she put the game out for rental but wasnt sure if she could sell one to me. so she called me back and told me she was sorry but she even had to get the rental off the shelf. So i figured i was close, so i called another one, and sure enough she said sure, i have 3 for sale.-

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:

multiplayer? If so let me know I wanna try it.

i just need to get off work, go get my 5 bucks back from gamestop then go home and start playing with a night of peace. except ill have to stop for the office. whats gamestops policy on preorders, can i wait till this weekend and cancel it?

careksims

Damn. Nothing like that ever happens here in SD... Still waiting. Definitely will be playing with the old RFoM clan tomorrow night!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No place around me has it yet. Oh well, I have a lot of work to do tonight. I'll only be able to get a little time in tomorrow but come Sunday I'll be hitting this Campaign hard.

Bajan32

Well My GS called me Tuesday nite to tell me theyll have it ready on Friday..but they are doing a Midnite release..
Then Ashley called me last nite to remind me they are doing a midnite release.

This may be the 1st time I ever wait at midnite for a game ever.

GS in Los angeles on Overland and Venice btw

NameIess

Well my Blockbuster stores are telling me tomorrow...
I guess I will stick with GS and do the midnight launch.

I would recommend anyone who does not want to deal with the crowds or having issues with their Gamestop doing a midnight launch to check Blockbuster. I think most stores stay open till 1am and should have some games in stock. I did that for the GTA IV release and it worked out great no lines and waiting outside bullshit.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
Man MP is soooo addicting, i found myself playing it at 2 in the morning after work =/. I even ran in to TTP and ALBa from the [GAFe] cla
Im using the shotgun right now and im loving it, im gonna try out the smg next =]

Wow I just received the Killzone 2 theme code from Game, even though they never advertised it for pre-order bonuses.

Since I preordered two copies I got two codes, anyone interested in one? First PM get's the code.

Quxik question all,

I'm in the states, will a PAL version of this work on my NTSC hardware? I really want the PAL Steelbook edition of this game...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Dante said:
his thread is absolute TORTURE :(
Tell me about it. I'm also at the mercy of my campus network department for when I can get online (should be soon) and I'm going to be out of town Friday afternoon through Saturday. At least next week I don't have much to do so I can get into the campaign for a while.

andycapps

Full Recovery said:
I just created a server it's called NEOGAF US AFW!

Join join join join

I'm not on yet, but you should put the normal GAF password on there so you don't get random people joining. Unless you want that, that is.

Hellraizer said:
Wow I just received the Killzone 2 theme code from Game, even though they never advertised it for pre-order bonuses.

Since I preordered two copies I got two codes, anyone interested in one? First PM get's the code.

Damn, PM.

Nizz

RoboPlato said:
No place around me has it yet. Oh well, I have a lot of work to do tonight. I'll only be able to get a little time in tomorrow but come Sunday I'll be hitting this Campaign hard.
My intentions right there too! I want to play through the single player first, so the locations in the game won't be spoiled by the maps online. :D

Top Bottom