• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Raist

Banned
If you watch that video, you'll plainly see the issue here. It isn't a big deal in singleplayer, but when you're up against other people, it's a potential gamebreaker.

:lol

Because of course, if there is lag, it's not for everyone !

This whole shit makes me wanna puke. Seriously.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
oh ..input lag again ..

so that your only enemy when you shits all over the rest of them

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

you don't even notice it in real life , frame by frame crap won't change your gameplay , we are human not flies .

but srsly , congratulations G.G , you made some idiots wrote a fake articles about unannounced futures games that surpass KZ2 and made other replay and be creative with their stupid input lag .

Q-bert said:
This topic is fairly idiotic. Anybody with an axe to grind can make a video showing the latency to be whatever they like it to be. For example, either buffering the display or using a 2nd (offscreen) controller to actually pull the trigger.

First hand experience shows the latency is entirely adequate for me, and I'm not sure a random idiot with a camcorder will be able to convince me otherwise.

Input lag can never be determined by the opinions of random people. Some people are clearly more sensitive to it than others. If it's good for you fine, but it can be an issue for people.

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
Im trying to figure out which one to stick with. I only have the medic and engineer. Once I unlock all of the badges I can better gauge which one is best for me. I like the medic so far, but I don't have the health packs yet.

At the moment I'm thinking:

Helghast - Scout (Cloak/S&M)
ISA - Saboteur (Disguise/C4) or (Disguise/Boost)

The SMG was my favorite weapon in the SP. Takes ages to kill someone with it, but it's fun to use.

Ilparazzo

FFObsessed said:
At the moment I'm thinking:

Helghast - Scout (Cloak/S&M)
ISA - Saboteur (Disguise/C4) or (Disguise/Boost)

The SMG was my favorite weapon in the SP. Takes ages to kill someone with it, but it's fun to use.
Disguise/boost is the combination of GODS!! Or at least that's what I use and it seems to piss people off.

Raist

Banned
I think I'll stick with a full medic. I think I'm not too bad with it.

That said, it annoys me when there are no tacticians. Or tacticians that make you spawn on front of a wall.

Don't really like the other classes.

KZObsessed

If it pisses people off then it's truly awesome. It's something I've planned since I first used the Saboteur. Just need 3 more C4 ribbons and it's mine.

Raist

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
Disguise/boost is the combination of GODS!! Or at least that's what I use and it seems to piss people off.

Ilparazzo, good thing we won't play against each other in tourneys. I would hate you. So so much.

Why the fuck won't the game display a list of all servers when I set my parameters to "all"? It still only displays 32 player games, and I can never find a Gaf server, even when someone on my friends list is playing in one.

Thrakier

Teetris said:
Wow, the media is going to rape this until it fully decomposes.

And then when Guerrilla actually complies, the bitching will be even worse.

Yeah, it's a pretty bad situation for GG now. If they react it's basically a statement that's somehing wrong in the game. Also all the reviewers would have a problem. If they don't react ut's also not good. I really don't want to be in their situation right now.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Damn the Assault class is so awesome once you get to hold a rifle. You boost left and right shrugging off bullets while getting up close and personal.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
fistfulofmetal said:
Just got it from Gamefly and I'm at the first Tank mission.

It was pretty good up until this point. This tank mission is really not fun at all.
Yeah, I couldn't really get the hang of the controls on the tank.

Zeliard

TTP said:
Damn the Assault class is so awesome once you get to hold a rifle. You boost left and right shrugging off bullets while getting up close and personal.

I haven't unlocked the Assault class yet, but I'm really seeing no downsides to it. Every other class has at least one obvious shortcoming, but I don't know if Assault does.

fistfulofmetal said:
Just got it from Gamefly and I'm at the first Tank mission.

It was pretty good up until this point. This tank mission is really not fun at all.

That is an extremely short section.

spwolf

Teetris said:
Wow, the media is going to rape this until it fully decomposes.

And then when Guerrilla actually complies, the bitching will be even worse.

woa, smart dude calculated lag to be the same as if you were lagging 500ms to the server... does he actually play games online? :lol :lol :lol

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
palpabl_purpura said:
Check out todays leader board- Some dude has 89 kills, no deaths. Another 101 kills no deaths! There are cheaters among us!!
could that be before they stop the bot abuse thing?

dfyb

Banned
Zeliard said:
I haven't unlocked the Assault class yet, but I'm really seeing no downsides to it. Every other class has at least one obvious shortcoming, but I don't know if Assault does.
the assault class's shortcoming is that it can't do what other classes can. it's a killing machine but can't affect the flow in any other meaningful way, like all the other classes can.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Zeliard said:

I think the armor only lasts once, and also have to find a gun at some point, too.

That said, they are pretty beastly in the right hands. Sadly right now most people seem content to just suicide spam rockets and it's pretty lame.

Kittonwy

Banned
Zeliard said:
This input lag shit is one of the most embarrassing things I've witnessed in gaming. Just a sad fucking sight.

I think it's just a fucking lag in his index finger that he needs to fucking patch.
Indifferent2.gif

spwolf said:
woa, smart dude calculated lag to be the same as if you were lagging 500ms to the server... does he actually play games online? :lol :lol :lol
That's pretty much the same thing I was thinking :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Zeliard said:

Well, the obvious shortcoming of the Assault class is the low Rocket Launcher ammo count (just 3) and the nerfed grenades of the Grenade Launcher (low ammo as well and long reload time). But once you manage to get a rifle and keep collecting ammo from downed players you are basically more powerful than any other rifle/LMG equipped dude because you have a) 200% energy and b) your energy bar always replineshes to 120% circa. I mean, if the bar comes down to 10%, you can wait and it will back up to 120% which is more than a normal soldier starts with!

The only way to take down an Assault in a one-on-one rifle-vs-rifle confrontation is by headshotting him.

KZObsessed

Now that friendly fire is off by default, they should make suicides -3 rather than -1. So people can't go into Bodycount matches and fire at the ground to kill the enemy and themselves and end up with at least +2 points every time.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
dfyb said:
the assault class's shortcoming is that it can't do what other classes can. it's a killing machine but can't affect the flow in any other meaningful way, like all the other classes can.

I pretty much only use the assault class to be able to sprint during those missions where you need to drop some little thing off near the enemies spawn. It makes it easier getting by the defense.

Zeliard said:
This input lag shit is one of the most embarrassing things I've witnessed in gaming. Just a sad fucking sight.

Agree, the shit is just pathetic, anyway I just finished playing the most intense and fun mp session I ever played, things can get so crazy, lol. This is not doubt the most fun I had online in a while.

Future

This lag shit is what happens when you stray from the standard in FPS control. Is it real lag? No. Just "weighted" acceleration and deceleration. Since Killzone is gonna of course attract the Halo/CoD/Resistance/etc audience, this is gonna fuck with people. I applaud GG for standing their ground on their design decision, but its unneeded bad publicity. I could see them folding in the future

Lion Heart said:
So how many people believe Killzone 2 is their favourite MP game (of all time)? Or at least approaching it?

Aye. It says a lot about the game that I'm actually wishing I had the rest of the week off to play. I am not what I would consider a social gamer as I cherish being able to enjoy my experience, but playing with all of the cool GAF people, I've had such a blast. Maybe that's just a testament to the company, but I was already loving the game to begin with...multiplayer has just been a great extension of that.

I can finally say: "Multiplayer. I get it."

During a MP session late last night, I got a pop-up message for a clan invite, that's all it said; no friend name or specifying whether it was for this game I was in or not.

Could anyone tell me how to respond to it?
It's probably obvious and I'm just missing it, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks GAF!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Saint Francis said:
During a MP session late last night, I got a pop-up message for a clan invite, that's all it said; no friend name or specifying whether it was for this game I was in or not.

Could anyone tell me how to respond to it?
It's probably obvious and I'm just missing it, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks GAF!

Main Warzome menu > Communication

ruxtpin

Banned
subtlesaysigh said:
Aye. It says a lot about the game that I'm actually wishing I had the rest of the week off to play. I am not what I would consider a social gamer as I cherish being able to enjoy my experience, but playing with all of the cool GAF people, I've had such a blast. Maybe that's just a testament to the company, but I was already loving the game to begin with...multiplayer has just been a great extension of that.

I can finally say: "Multiplayer. I get it."

amen. I haven't enjoyed a multi-player game like this since BF1942. And I can only see it getting better once I open up all the classes (just medic ATM.)

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Future said:
This lag shit is what happens when you stray from the standard in FPS control. Is it real lag? No. Just "weighted" acceleration and deceleration. Since Killzone is gonna of course attract the Halo/CoD/Resistance/etc audience, this is gonna fuck with people. I applaud GG for standing their ground on their design decision, but its unneeded bad publicity. I could see them folding in the future
I guess they could make it an option on single player but it would ruin things on mutilplayer

dfyb

Banned
ItsInMyVeins said:
I pretty much only use the assault class to be able to sprint during those missions where you need to drop some little thing off near the enemies spawn. It makes it easier getting by the defense.
you can earn the ability to give the sprint skill to any class

Thrakier

spwolf said:

lol yeah, that's very ridiculous...indeed. As many other people talking about this lag stuff he doesn't really know anyting about it. But whatever, at this point I really don't know what's right or wrong, I just want to see a reaction from GG.

Top Bottom