• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm curious how many of these people propagating the "input lag" issue don't even own a trey (not on this board of course, but around the net), and are in fact halo/cod/xbox fanboys that don't want to accept the fact that KZ2 is the new "it" multiplayer game, and they can't play it or just plain suck at it...

icechai

Cagen said:
I've not played against people utilising C4 effectively yet - I've not played on any of the GAF servers yet though, however if you placed it near the enemies capture point you will have still done most of, if not all the foot work to get the speaker there.

with an assault class, footwork half the map is like nothing except for pyrrus

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
icechai said:
with an assault class, footwork half the map is like nothing except for pyrrus

I don't like that map at all. It looks great, but just seems poorly designed.

calder

I had a few matches go great yesterday, but in the evening again I kept getting disconnected. It's so damn annoying to have the majority of my online time not counted at all, at least I finished 2 or 3 matches and got to the second level. :p

Worst was, naturally, getting d/ced out of one of the only good rounds I had. Finally found a server I was doing well in, way more kills than deaths (anyone who's seen me in the GAF games knows how rare that is :lol) and after a solid 15 minutes of play I get dropped. Error code 3, my new nemesis along with old friend error 9052.

Greg

Wait, can I make a private map online with bots and get points?

Haven't played online too seriously yet, and it'd be nice to get used to the maps/modes while getting some credit for it.

Aeon712

Greg said:
Wait, can I make a private map online with bots and get points?

Haven't played online too seriously yet, and it'd be nice to get used to the maps/modes while getting some credit for it.
Thanks to the people that got the game early that exploit was patched :D.

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Sometimes I still have nightmares from back when you were throwing that stuff around kicking my ass while I was blind as a bat.

fun times :lol

i'm glad to see your consistently number 1 in the games we've played. btw, earlier i set 2 turrets up covering your propaganda speaker capture point. i laughed in the mic telling the squad it was covered, then you boosted past me and the turrets :lol

Varna

Lots of adjusting is in order... but I finally getting the hang of shooting.

I'm in the little segment after defeating the
Mini-gun wielding boss that you have to shoot in the back
. Took me like ten tries to get past the part. They would simply not stop coming and very quickly it ended just being me and my partner verses a wave of enemies. Anyways, when I finally get through it all and I noticed there is a
turret up on the second floor
. Would have saved me sooo much time. :lol

Cagen

johnFkennedy said:
Whatever happened to Wollan's view? Wasn't that supposed to be a map?

It was a check point in one of the single player levels, I don't know if it stayed as Wollan's View in the retail copy though.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
fun times :lol

i'm glad to see your consistently number 1 in the games we've played. btw, earlier i set 2 turrets up covering your propaganda speaker capture point. i laughed in the mic telling the squad it was covered, then you boosted past me and the turrets :lol
I heard that actually, I love boosting past defenses in search in retrieve its an awesome feeling and its even better because I don't have the assaults increased armor. But somehow I think boosting makes me reckless, I think I'm invincible and just go on suicide runs, but somehow they work out fine most of the time so I guess it's ok?

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
It's already my favorite MP game of all time, nothing else comes close.
Indifferent2.gif

I agree with this. R:FoM is now second. R2 is a close 3rd in 10 billionth place.

careful

OK.

So I'm not asking Guerilla to completely change the controls.. A bunch of people do seem fond of it, so they should leave it intact so as not to upset those guys (though I have a feeling some of them would've defended the controls no matter what they felt like ;)

However...

PLEASE let me adjust the dead zone and acceleration!!

People are not complaining to hate on the game, people are complaining because they care!
Just this small control tweak would make the game much more enjoyable for many people.

This guy hit the nail on the head 100%:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=206918&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

M3Freak

Banned
BTW, what is this room shit? I've barely played online (yet), so I'm wondering if K2 has "ranked" games like R:FoM does/did. Can people join a party and go into a game together?

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I agree with this. R:FoM is now second. R2 is a close 3rd in 10 billionth place.
Why haven't we played yet? I played with Kitton and Click and a friend of mine. It was a blast considering Click and Kitton were way higher levels and Click was destroying everyone.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So I played around with custom soundtrack a bit. Never did this before in KZ2. Has anyone tried to run music from the XMB while not yet in a match? Like in the main menu? Rather than simply saying "Music cannot be played during use of this game" it says "Music content cannot be played at this time. It will start automatically after a while." And indeed as soon as a match starts, custom music plays.

Pretty cool.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
BTW, what is this room shit? I've barely played online (yet), so I'm wondering if K2 has "ranked" games like R:FoM does/did. Can people join a party and go into a game together?
All the games are ranked and no party mode that I know of >_<.

careful said:
OK.

So I'm not asking Guerilla to completely change the controls.. A bunch of people do seem fond of it, so they should leave it intact so as not to upset those guys (though I have a feeling some of them would've defended the controls no matter what they felt like ;)

However...

PLEASE let me adjust the dead zone and acceleration!!

People are not complaining to hate on the game, people are complaining because they care!
Just this small control tweak would make the game much more enjoyable for many people.

This guy hit the nail on the head 100%:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=206918&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Wouldn't that give people the potential to unbalance the game though? Just curious as I do not know.

And it still baffles me that its all that bad to get used to but I'm done with that argument. If it doesn't unbalance the game then I hope they add it just to stop all the complaints.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
TTP said:
So I played around with custom soundtrack a bit. Never did this before in KZ2. Has anyone tried to run music from the XMB while not yet in a match? Like in the main menu? Rather than simply saying "Music cannot be played during use of this game" it says "Music content cannot be played at this time. It will start automatically after a while." And indeed as soon as a match starts, custom music plays.

Pretty cool.

i cant find your tourny on the list. is there any way you can invite me to it(GAFw) or is there a way to search for it ??

SaitoH

alr1ghtstart said:
:lol Sev does seem really short though.

He seems to be the same height as everyone else in the cinemas, so I just pretend he's hunched over from a bad back --an old space football injury.

careful

MvmntInGrn said:
Wouldn't that give people the potential to unbalance the game though? Just curious as I do not know.

And it still baffles me that its all that bad to get used to but I'm done with that argument. If it doesn't unbalance the game then I hope they add it just to stop all the complaints.
These changes won't unbalance the game because they don't add any aim assist.

jsrv

Do spawn points, engineer turrets, ammo depots, etc. stay in the map even if you change into a class combination that is unable to use them? (Place engineer turret, die, switch class?)

scoobs

just beat the game my first time through on normal difficulty! Man that was a bunch of fun, one of my favorite single player experiences in a long time... its almost more fun to watch my friends play it because when i'm actually playing I can't really stop and appreciate the GORGEOUS visuals.

Now I gotta play through and get all the trophies! So glad I forked over $60 for this one!

Top Bottom