• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

nib95

Banned
Truant said:
I wish all that backstory was in the actual game.

I've been playing for a few hours, and I don't know what the fuck is going on.

It was one of my minor grips with the game. The story in the game itself only barely touches on the conceptual/back story side of things. In the game the main emphasis in regards to narrative is on the characters, Alpha squad, and their own personal missions, tasks and discoveries, not the wider picture. Though saying that, it's still a good story, in an Alpha squad only centric kind of way. The intro and end though....very awesome and a little bit more "overarching".

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
FFObsessed said:
angry.gif

you are one mofo Helg brotha , seriously some mod should change your name to KZObsessed , you are not just obsessed with KZ2 you are possessed by the game :lol

cameltoe

fanfuckintastic!! Cheers Wollan and BLR.

On another note. I managed to get to this spot before the demo ends....more Helghast came out and were shotting me in the back. If you turn around the demo ends.

Sorry, iphone shot

untitled-5.jpg

Owensboro

Awesome, awesome, awesome thread Mr. BruceLeeRoy. Considering how long it takes me to edit a few sentences to look presentable, I can't imagine what it takes to do something like this. I can't believe you put the whole back story in there (AWESOME Idea)!

So, this thread is going to be a safe haven for people who are actually excited about playing the game correct? Not that I don't enjoy the circus of "Waa controls waa textures waa" and the hilarious statements they bring, I'd just like a place to, you know, actually discuss the game and whatnot.

EDIT: Props to Mr. Wollan as well. Didn't mean to leave you out either sir <3

andycapps

The worst part about this thread is that I can't see ANY of the pictures/graphics that Bruce put in the OP's. I'll have to look later tonight when I'm at home.

I think you may have outdone the MGS4 thread, Bruce. Both of them were epic and top-notch so it's hard to call on that. Either way, very informative and I'm sure the pictures look nice. I'll check them out later when my corporate firewall isn't blocking all of them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
cameltoe said:
fanfuckintastic!! Cheers Wollan and BLR.

On another note. I managed to get to this spot before the demo ends....more Helghast came out and were shotting me in the back. If you turn around the demo ends.

Sorry, iphone shot

untitled-5.jpg
Oh yeah i did the same thing. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Full Recovery said:
For those of you with retail/promo copies are the trophies uploading to PSN?

I guess so since the review codes ones are uploading already. :D

test_account

XP-39C²
Ah, i didnt see before now that Wollan also worked on this Killzone 2 official thread here on NeoGAF, i am sorry :( I first said really really great work to BruceLeeRoy only, but if Wollan also worked on the OP, then i must say to Wollan as well: really really great work on this Killzone 2 official thread, Wollan! :) And really really great work to anyone else if anyone else helped on making this amazing Killzone 2 official thread! :)

nib95 said:
It was one of my minor grips with the game. The story in the game itself only barely touches on the conceptual/back story side of things. In the game the main emphasis in regards to narrative is on the characters, Alpha squad, and their own personal missions, tasks and discoveries, not the wider picture. Though saying that, it's still a good story, in an Alpha squad only centric kind of way. The intro and end though....very awesome and a little bit more "overarching".

On the main menu in the demo there is a link to the website. It isn't active in the demo, but perhaps in the retail release you will be able to navigate directly to the back story via ingame menus? That would be something anyway.

IG did the same thing with R:FoM. They went out of their way to create this amazing online portal that detailed the entire alternate reality and really fleshed out the world, but then did not include that world in any way on the game disc. Developers shouldn't expect the average gamer to look any further than the disc in the system for info about the game. So then why go through all the trouble?

Dever

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Epic thread, gentlemen.

Congrats, TC and all who worked on it.

Hah, I thought I was in the previous thread when I read your post and thought "What exactly is epic about this shitstorm other than the amount of stupid?"

Oh mannn, going to check the OP now.

Dragnet

Wow, superb job man :D

Just rang Sony to find out my new PS3 which was meant to come on the 9th 'didn't go through' and never even left their warehouse. They failed to notify me of this so I've waited in 3 days for nothing. Nice touch. Delivery has been re-arranged for the 19th if they are telling the truth. Too long to wait to play the KZ2 demo. :(

Too long :(

Dever said:
Hah, I thought I was in the previous thread when I read your post and thought "What exactly is epic about this shitstorm other than the amount of stupid?"

Oh mannn, going to check the OP now.
lmao.

:D

epic OP is epic.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Linkzg said:
I'm just hoping I can the damn 5.1 box thing in the mail before this game comes out. It's taking sooo long.

5.1 set for KZ2 and PS3 ? Epic fail man ..

go 7.1 or die
angry.gif

Dragnet said:
Wow, superb job man :D

Just rang Sony to find out my new PS3 which was meant to come on the 9th 'didn't go through' and never even left their warehouse. They failed to notify me of this so I've waited in 3 days for nothing. Nice touch. Delivery has been re-arranged for the 19th if they are telling the truth. Too long to wait to play the KZ2 demo. :(

Too long :(

just Stay a KZ2 Virgin and wait for the full game like me , then me and you can celebrate the full game alone by licking each other and singing ..naked

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Why does this game have to be released at the very last day of the month. Why does Sony like releasing dates to late in the month? Why not release it on the 24th or the 17th?

thaOwner

Totobeni said:
5.1 set for KZ2 and PS3 ? Epic fail man ..

go 7.1 or die
angry.gif

just Stay a KZ2 Virgin and wait for the full game like me , then me and you can celebrate the full game alone by licking each other and singing ..naked

Futurama%2BMonkey%2BMatt%2BDamon.png

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Neo-Sheperd said:
The kitton has arrived. It's officially started.
It doesnt start until Wollan posts..... ;_;

neojubei said:
Why does this game have to be released at the very last day of the month. Why does Sony like releasing dates to late in the month? Why not release it on the 24th or the 17th?
Cause its paycheck day propably.

Kingsgoon

I'm at work listening to the radio and they played a piece from the Killzone 2 soundtrack.
It was pretty damn good, can't wait till I get my hands on the game.

Mik2121

Kingsgoon said:
I'm at work listening to the radio and they played a piece from the Killzone 2 soundtrack.
It was pretty damn good, can't wait till I get my hands on the game.
The background music in the start menu is quite awesome. I wonder if they will release an Soundtrack CD?...

DoomGyver

Mik2121 said:
Btw, what's supposed to be tracked at killzone.com? All our stats?..
All of those deaths I deal to you. :D

Actually, I thought I saw a pic of the stats page and it was very in depth.

Fersis

RSTEIN said:
Don't forget the Hoffman! ;_;
And Seiken... and Lince... and Alba.;_;
They are all in my heart right now, all good gaffers...

Top Bottom