• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

wotter

Let's get this party started :D (EU promo copy)

3ILtP.jpg

*edit: fixed

LordK

NameIess said:
I preordered awhile ago and did not recieve a $20 discount.
Do I need to enter some type of discount code?

If you preorder on amazon and they have a better offer before release, you'll get the better offer. So you shouldn't have to do anything and you'll get your $20 GC after it ships.

Those are great ads.

The UK ones are okay too. Unfortunately they sort of give the impression you need Move to play the game as we don't see anyone using a Dualshock 3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheExecutive said:
Watching now! so awesome. I wonder if the sharpshooter will take away vibration recoil. You need to get your hands on one of those babies!

I don't think the sharpshooter can fix that. It doesn't vibrate that much to be "visible" but enough to be detected by the sensors.

By the way, I've also noticed that vibration affects gesture detection as well, like melee and reloading. Reloading is quite hit and miss while you are low on health (since the controller rumbles). I guess the same applies to melee. If you happen to jab the Move forward while the rumble is going on, the gesture ain't detected as consistently as when no rumble is going on.

They definitely need to fix this. I don't want to disable vibration, but I can already see people doing this online, and taking advantage of the increased accuracy.

It's also annoying to see the cursor trembling all the time while you are strafing around in the EXO.

I tried lowering the cursor sensitivity in the settings, and while it does reduce the shaking, it doesn't completely remove it.

Rolf NB

Okay, that does it. Preordered. I didn't play much of the MP beta, such a weird map, meh. But the campaign should be ace, and maybe the full MP will suck me in again.

Awesome job as usual TTP! Great work on the video, will definitely be checking this out with the move/sharpshooter.

I chuckled when you said "epic fail" a couple times as it sounds so different from my american accent :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
angelfly said:
Awesome video! Looks like move is the optimal way to play.

Yeah, great video. I still think that in CQB, DS3 users have an advantage. I guess we'll see. I'll keep trying them both to see what sticks.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
That is one fine piece of journalism, TTP!

One question: in your opinion, does the Move Navigation controller offer an advantage over using the left side of a DS3? If so, could you elaborate, please?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DenogginizerOS said:
That is one fine piece of journalism, TTP!

One question: in your opinion, does the Move Navigation controller offer an advantage over using the left side of a DS3? If so, could you elaborate, please?

There are two benefits IMO. Nothing major but there you go. First of all, it's more comfortable to hold "in mid air". With the DS3 you have to rest it somewhere so you are more constrained.

The analog stick is also vertically aligned with the handle and the handle itself is longer and has a "straight" design compared to the shorter and "diagonal" one of the DS3 handle. It's fatter, but since you don't have to extend your fingers as much as on the DS3 to reach shoulders and stick simultaneously, it feels more grippy (if you get what I mean).

Then we have got the L2 trigger form factor which is concave rather than convex. Of course this matter as long as you have those extra 3rd party triggers mounted on your DS3 already.

The only thing I sort of dislike about the Navi is the D-Pad placement as moving the thumb downwards to reach it is more difficult than moving it upwards like you do with the DS3. The way the DS3 is designed allows to move between D-Pad and stick by simply flicking the thumb. With the Navi you have to actually bend it inwards to go from stick to D-Pad. This is unless you get used to operate it with the articulation connecting the phalanges (which is how I do it).

You might want to watch my video analysis of the Navi as well ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xOLL_QlWlo

fernoca

By the way, is the instruction booklet full-color or black & white?
After LittleBigPlanet 2, I'm afraid Sony's going cheap with their booklets... :( :p

Dude Abides

Banned
Boo, J&L not coming through for me, so Amazon it is. I guess I'll be finishing Dead Space this weekend instead of playing KZ.

TTP said:
My Killzone 3 Move + Multiplayer video analysis is up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWF0yZCmpNo

Killzone3MP.png

Enjoy!

Absolutely brilliant, thanks. I just got move (mostly in anticipation of KZ3 but, to be honest, Gladiator Duel is my new favourite past time) and I was having a bit of trouble getting myself up to the standard at Killzone as I am with a DS3, so this guide gave me a few good tips about how to actually go about playing the game different. Thanks a lot!

r.gun

Neo Member
Confidence Man said:
That's pretty neat, but is it just me or does it look like the auto-aim is doing a lot of the work?

Did you watch the video? He mentions theres no aim assist.

You can use an optional camera assist, that will move the camera for you when locked on, but aiming has no assist in MP.

Top Bottom