• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

nib95

Banned
JB1981 said:
Game feels like Gears 2 all over again (multi and sp)

And I liked the look of KZ2 better as well (lighting, art direction, post processing)

The lighting and post processing overall are most definitely better in KZ3, at least technically speaking. With the exception of just one thing, the Object Motion blur, which has been toned down in KZ3 from KZ3 (perhaps to go in line with the new sense of speed or something, who knows). Art style, obviously that's up to personal taste.

Which has the better MP with early impressions so far? KZ2 or KZ3? Detailed comparisons are more than welcome. I'm gonna leave this one to the gallery, because I'm still deciding how I feel. Very unsure at this point.

Well, its turns out my Bestbuy.com Preorder Code fiasco is happening to others. Fucking BS. Seriously BB how do you fuck up Voucher Codes????

Linky

I will be on the phone tomorrow first thing, and I will not be getting off the phone until my code is in my inbox.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm not far enough in to judge it (I'm 2 minutes in...), but kind of a tonal shift. Sev and Rico
driving off the cliff
doesn't match the desperation of KZ2.

If this is going to be Sev and Rico Do Helghan, that's fine, cause the game itself seems very solid.

Also, the subtitles are horrible.

styl3s

makingmusic476 said:
Did you pre-order the game? It should've printed out on your receipt.
Yeah if you pre-ordered then it's on your receipt.. if it didn't get printed just go back and they can pull up that you pre-ordered it

it's your own fault for buying it if you pre-ordered it.

JB1981

Y2Kev said:
I'm not far enough in to judge it (I'm 2 minutes in...), but kind of a tonal shift. Sev and Rico
driving off the cliff
doesn't match the desperation of KZ2.

If this is going to be Sev and Rico Do Helghan, that's fine, cause the game itself seems very solid.

Also, the subtitles are horrible.
They are trying to capture the light, adventure feel of Uncharted it seems ... Sorta.

TUROK

nib95 said:
The lighting and post processing overall are most definitely better in KZ3, at least technically speaking. With the exception of just one thing, the Object Motion blur, which has been toned down in KZ3 from KZ3 (perhaps to go in line with the new sense of speed or something, who knows). Art style, obviously that's up to personal taste.
What's so different about the lighting? Maybe there's more light sources this time, but it doesn't seem to be using a different lighting technique.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
WOW GG WOW

you completely ruined Turbine Concourse. They only thing that level had going for it was that it was gorgeous. Now it looks like shit. wtf.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh and that fucking glue strip on the socom 4 beta code. I tried my best to gently peal it off... and half the code came up with it, still stuck to it.

So, looks like I'm out of a socom 4 beta code.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JB1981 said:
They are trying to capture the light, adventure feel of Uncharted it seems ... Sorta.
I think they're reacting to War of the Broses comments and making it Bromantical.

I don't really care. I'm too busy playing with Move. MOOOOOOVE

1stStrike said:
Oh and that fucking glue strip on the socom 4 beta code. I tried my best to gently peal it off... and half the code came up with it, still stuck to it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You scratch off the silver strip. You don't peel off the glue.

laughing cuz I was stupid enough to do that the first time I got a code from Sony too

LegoDad

cjtiger300 said:
Well, its turns out my Bestbuy.com Preorder Code fiasco is happening to others. Fucking BS. Seriously BB how do you fuck up Voucher Codes????

Linky

I will be on the phone tomorrow first thing, and I will not be getting off the phone until my code is in my inbox.

They need to go to employee news print off the Killzone 3 voucher, it's just an extra UPC code to scan, they then send it to your email within 15 minutes.

JB1981

alr1ghtstart said:
WOW GG WOW

you completely ruined Turbine Concourse. They only thing that level had going for it was that it was gorgeous. Now it looks like shit. wtf.
It's disgusting. In fact, most of the mp maps are really ugly. What happened?

1stStrike said:

i had no prob scratching mine off but when i enter it it keeps telling me its invalid or no longer working.

Morn said:
Really? I think KZ2 looks better. KZ3 is missing that extra motion blur that KZ2 had. Probably had to remove it due to the extra processing Move and 3D support require.

absolutely not! the lighting is a big upgrade in this game. Volumetric lights going everywhere, just better design on everything too. texture quality is varied and detailed, way more. I do agree the motion blur has been toned down. but thats a minor thing.

alterno69

Banned
shagg_187 said:
They're charging $5 for the two maps? That's bullshit... Way to split the community.
Yeah, i HAD to buy it anyway cause those maps are awesome and so far i'm not feeling the new maps at all except for the something highway which is very similar to the classic maps.

WTF at all the fancy effects not letting me see shit, way overdone IMO.

upJTboogie said:
Do they even deliver this late?

i just called UPS, they called the local facility and all drivers returned... so it's going to be rescheduled for tomorrow! no reason as to why this happened

UPS should really fire some of the lazy fucks

Morn said:
Really? I think KZ2 looks better. KZ3 is missing that extra motion blur that KZ2 had. Probably had to remove it due to the extra processing Move and 3D support require.

Preferences are preferences but IQ and geometry are on a whole nother level. I just finished KZ2 and can positively 100% say that KZ3 is a much better looking game.

Tom Penny

Subtenko said:
Im in love with the Killzone franchise even more. Love the story!

You don't review games do you....game is fun so far. It does remind me of the old game in that you can be getting laced with bullets and your not too sure were or who exactly is shooting you.

nib95

Banned
TUROK said:
What's so different about the lighting? Maybe there's more light sources this time, but it doesn't seem to be using a different lighting technique.

From what I have read, more light sources, better tone mapping as well as new post process effects to better simulate HDR whilst retaining the sort of artistic control GG wanted, with more aggressive lighting, contrast levels and tones. Hoping someone more technically versed could chime in, only going from memory here.

Finished the first couple of chapters... loving it so far.

Visuals and animation are fantastic. Love the tri-barrel pistol.

Like the story, though the narrative pacing isn't great. The bits with Malcolm McDowell and Ray Winstone are really good, I enjoy the political sniping. Bromance between Sev and Rico? Alright, I'll take it, hahaha. I don't mind the slightly lighter feel, though it's not exactly all light-hearted Uncharted. It's still pretty dark.

Anyone else noticed that two of the Helghan commanders look like Hitler? One is Young Hitler, the other is Old Hitler. And there's a dude with a tube in his nose. And they have hilarious facial hair. I thought most Helghans were supposed to be bald or something.

dwin45

So are the only two playable maps right now Salamun Market and Blood Gracht? That's all I get on both Guerilla Warfare and Warzone over and over.

Rikyfree

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
TROLLIN TROLLIN TROLLIN

"Your King Went Down Like a Pussy"
lol
That was great. I almost expected to see a troll face on him the next scene with the caption: "Problem?"

Oneself

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Anyone else noticed that two of the Helghan commanders look like Hitler?

Definitely... a bit too much in fact, there were enough "subtle" visual references to Nazis already but those guys are just... copied / pasted Hitlers.

Top Bottom