• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

scoobs

Just finished up the campaign... sheez whata blast that was. I'll definitely need to run through it again on elite to make my final verdict but I thought overall it was better than kz2 but still flawed. Can't wait to see the discussion on that ending!

My move keeps on drifting, I've tried to calibrate it 3 times, and even hit the rest pin, out of nowhere it just got funky I've had it since launch I have two moves and both are wonky, is it my camera? Lighting?

X-Frame

user friendly said:
That was awesome. Next time without crosshair :)

Yeah the maps are definitely different! And not just in like foliage and brightness, but new steps and stairs and entrances and stuff.

And I can remove the cross-hair too?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
TROLLIN TROLLIN TROLLIN

"Your King Went Down Like a Pussy"
lol

My favorite line so far came right after... something like...
"No disrespect sir, but that's a bad plan."

Made me lol.

This game is cool as fuck... too bad I have class and an exam in the morning. Have to take a break.

dwin45

Has anybody that downloaded the Retro maps played on anything besides Blood Gracht and Salamun Market? that's all I get during matchmaking.

dblaze503

Just played a couple of hours with the sharp shooter, and i'm very impressed by it. Never thought I would play the whole game with it, but now I definitely can.

Domcorleone said:
My move keeps on drifting, I've tried to calibrate it 3 times, and even hit the rest pin, out of nowhere it just got funky I've had it since launch I have two moves and both are wonky, is it my camera? Lighting?

Did you recalibrate in the xmb?

KingDizzi

Banned
SonicBoom said:
so there's no online co-op? console only?

Indeed, the most glaring omission from the game. It's why I'm renting, have recently played games like LBP2 and by gosh it's so awesome with online co-op, a game like KZ3 which was made for online co-op not having it is insane. If it's patched in at a later date I will purchase the game, even for Uncharted 2 played the online co-op for an insane amount of hours.

Online co-op, should be a standard for such games however here we are. What I find silly is that people are saying it's harder to actually do split screen co-op rather than just online so no idea what happened there. It's odd, perhaps GG simply did not have the time. :(

commedieu

Banned
KingDizzi said:
Indeed, the most glaring omission from the game. It's why I'm renting, have recently played games like LBP2 and by gosh it's so awesome with online co-op, a game like KZ3 which was made for online co-op not having it is insane. If it's patched in at a later date I will purchase the game, even for Uncharted 2 played the online co-op for an insane amount of hours.

Online co-op, should be a standard for such games however here we are. What I find silly is that people are saying it's harder to actually do split screen co-op rather than just online so no idea what happened there. It's odd, perhaps GG simply did not have the time. :(

They will probably add it for KZ4.

..And get even lower scores..

Rengoku

Wow, been playing straight for the past 4 hours on Veteran. I've reached the part where
the intro began. Where Sev & Rico go under disguise to infiltrate the Helghan base.
How much further is there to go? Its been fantastic, intense and the graphics, god damn. I don't want it to end!

KingDizzi said:

It is sssooooo much better with couch co-op... if feasible.

EekTheKat

Turning with the sharpshooter is a lot easier if you just tilt the gun instead of swinging it around.

The sharpshooter is basically a super stable version of move - pulling off headshots is immensely satisfying.

What I don't like is the loss of centering after a while though, but if you treat it as a pointing device instead of a lightgun game it's still manageable.

Still, ideally I'd like to play with the crosshair off and be able to line up shots with the move without it. It's still a lot of fun though even with the off center aiming.

scoobs

Rengoku said:
Wow, been playing straight for the past 4 hours on Veteran. I've reached the part where
the intro began. Where Sev & Rico go under disguise to infiltrate the Helghan base.
How much further is there to go? Its been fantastic, intense and the graphics, god damn. I don't want it to end!
You're like.. halfway or so.

Rengoku

scoobs said:
You're like.. halfway or so.

Thanks! Seems like decent length for me, if it took me 4 hrs to get through the 1st half. I'm surprised that some are finishing in 6 hrs, then again, I'm not really rushing through the game.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Game finally showed up. Played through the first campaign mission. I like the added emphasis on melee combat. Demo sort of ruined a plot surprise but oh well.

For whatever reason when I tried to play Warzone it threw me into operations which I didn't mess around with much in the "beta" but it was pretty fun. 23-8, all objectives completed, and six unlock points from a 12 minute match.

Did anyone have problem with codes from Amazon not unlocking points? The code from PlayStation Home apparently worked but I only had three points available when I booted the game up instead of six.

I suspect a patch nerfing the shotgun will be in line in the near future because I am still completely annihilating people with it. Gotta get used to the new maps after spending 10+ hours with just the snow map.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Damage in the beta was way too much, they fixed it, but it needs toned back a bit. It feels like it takes slightly too many shots to kill.

Also, I need that patch for separate zoom sensitivity!

Dead

well not really...yet
So far SP is a total blast.

As far as MP, Player health is simply way too low and the loading times are ridiculous

Oh, is there any way to skip the Move bullshit at the bootup?

Dead said:

As far as MP, Player health is simply way too low and the loading times are ridiculous

Just keep hitting X. TTP did a video on this a couple weeks ago. Its cuts it from 28 seconds down to 7 or so.

I am seeing both Kevin Butler commercials for KZ3 everywhere. On TruTV, watching my Hardcore Pawn =), every freaking break- it's pissing my GF off lol.

X-Frame

Dead said:

I think the player health is fine - it's the complete lack of recoil that is making kills (and deaths) come so easily.

It wasn't listed as a change on the Savior Patch, and by now I doubt they will mess with the recoil to make it harder for people to kill -- way too many people will bitch.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Does this game has the emblems to shot like KZ2 in single player?

Nope.

Loved KZ3. Was underwhelmed in the beginning a bit, but it really got going. Just about done with my elite run now. The story still is far from perfect, and the story telling needs some work, but it's a damn good game.

Oh and anyone else extremely impressed with the musical score for this game? Seriously, I would put this Soundtrack up there with any game this gen!

Way to drop the ball opening night Guerrilla.

Got home with this game, feelin' excited. Tried to get into multiplayer, got error code 10006. Played single player, really underwhelmed with the super linear & directed skirmishes. Game is a breeze on Veteran, the highest difficulty. Tried again to get online, cant because 'essential game objects lost'? One more try, can't because 'the world is full'.

I'm surprised by all of the positive response in here to the campaign. I'm not feeling this at all compared to #2. The first seemed have more play in the various encounters. This one so far seems to play more like Gears of War with it's cover-centric shooting galleries. Even the graphics seem less impressive. There might be more texture detail on screen with better iq, but that cinematic combination of blur, light and shadow seems greatly reduced. KZ2 looked like a cg film at times, this doesn't.

I know I'm bitching. I'm still enjoying the game, and the graphics are impressive. I just
got into the exo-suit section
so maybe it's really gonna pick up. I guess that while I was prepared for the multi to be different from KZ2, I didn't think the campaign would be such a departure as well. It really does feel more like a COD campaign, and I don't think it even compares favorably to those either.

//edit//

Hah, yeah music is indeed epic.

Shurs

Host migration was a big issue for me tonight.

I've had three Warzone matches disconnect when my team was up 3-1 and about to win.

I feel like tossing my controller across the fucking room.

All of that time and XP lost.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Finish the game this evening I loved every second of the game but I dont know why but I think the graphics are better in KZ2.

alterno69

Banned
xxracerxx said:
Is that some sort of slight to his Parkinsons?

mmmm NO, i just watched BTTF 1 and 2 this weekend and the guy doing the voiceover the video reminded me of him, his tone and also his voice a little.

scoobs

been playing a few games of operations, its awesome. Early indication point to the isa lmg being a little too powerful? Everyone is using it

Smokey

Tried to play some this evening with the Sharpshooter. I definitely need to get used to the Move controls. I was messing around with width and height of the box and I think I'm getting close to a comfort level, but I grew tired of tinkering and popped in Bulletstorm for the night.

I'll go back to it tomorrow. I guess I didn't "really" start the campaign (only like 5 minutes in), but I did try and play for about 20 minutes against the bots just to try and get used to the Move/Sharpshooter. I'm hoping it clicks fairly soon with me as I love how the Sharpshooter is setup, and I kind of want to play the game.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
alterno69 said:
mmmm NO, i just watched BTTF 1 and 2 this weekend and the guy doing the voiceover the video reminded me of him, his tone and also his voice a little.
Haha, I thought you were trying to make a slight towards his aiming. Sorry for misinterpreting.

An-Det

Goddamn this game is beautiful. KZ2 looked really good, but GG did a hell of a job improving on it. The gameplay is great; it feels very much the same as KZ2 but not being as slow to turn makes such a difference. My favorite thing though is having 3 weapons again. I severely missed that in KZ2, so I'm glad they went back since it was one of my favorite things in KZ1.

I cant wait to play more tomorrow.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Smokey said:
Tried to play some this evening with the Sharpshooter. I definitely need to get used to the Move controls. I was messing around with width and height of the box and I think I'm getting close to a comfort level, but I grew tired of tinkering and popped in Bulletstorm for the night.

I'll go back to it tomorrow. I guess I didn't "really" start the campaign (only like 5 minutes in), but I did try and play for about 20 minutes against the bots just to try and get used to the Move/Sharpshooter. I'm hoping it clicks fairly soon with me as I love how the Sharpshooter is setup, and I kind of want to play the game.

Once it clicks it will in terms of the move controls. I was about to give up after the first few minutes, but once you get going it's a lot of fun.

Top Bottom