• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Colin and Greg Live (the link is in MattyG's post above yours). It's a pretty lengthy rant. Like I said, not many outlets even bothered covering the "rumor". Colin was very carefully not naming specific websites as part of his rant. But really only two major sites carried the story: Shacknews and IGN. So make of that what you will.

He brings up a good point and it's something I've been annoyed with recently too.

Basically all the gaming sites nowadays do is browse Reddit/GAF/Twitter and write up an article on any dumb rumour/video that gets talked about.

The propagation is indeed a problem because even if the site says that the rumour is almost certainly false, many people just read the headline and that shit spreads like crazy. If it's completely bogus why waste your time or your readers time with it? Just don't report it. Show restraint

But no, gotta get those cheap clicks

He brings up a good point and it's something I've been annoyed with recently too.

Basically all the gaming sites nowadays do is browse Reddit/GAF/Twitter and write up an article on any dumb rumour/video that gets talked about.

The propagation is indeed a problem because even if the site says that the rumour is almost certainly false, many people just read the headline and that shit spreads like crazy. If it's completely bogus why waste your time or your readers time with it? Just don't report it. Show restraint

But no, gotta get those cheap clicks

Yeah. I do wonder if that kind of reporting grated on him while he was at IGN.

Also, #ColinWasRight

Fallout 4 hype!! I still don't think it'll release this fall like he said, but it's certainly possible. There have been games announced at E3 that launched within 6 months

MattyG

Banned
Also, #ColinWasRight

Fallout 4 hype!! I still don't think it'll release this fall like he said, but it's certainly possible. There have been games announced at E3 that launched within 6 months
I think it'll be this fall. If not, spring 2016.

I woke up to the teaser site and started losing. My. Mind. Great way to start the day.

I bet some crazy person is going to rewatch the episode and figure out the entire Timmy, Tammy, Tommy thing. I do not envy them.

Edit- Oh god! Someone already did it! https://twitter.com/SC07TK/status/605816426142658562/photo/1

CGhK1DGUcAAW2nZ.jpg:large

MattyG

Banned
I like the GoG guest this week, but... "The eye can only see at 28fps".

Noooooo, don't do this.

This is the best though. "THIS IS WHERE YOUR BANANAS COME FROM". "Did you enjoy your coffee? Did it come from my fiiiiiieelllds?"

Lol, I just watched the TruMotion video to see what you were talking about.

The problem is people just need to accept and admit when they don't have any clue what they are talking about - Colin & Greg are usually quite upfront about that when they lack technical knowledge.

It's super embarassing and cringeworthy to watch. Of course the eye can see 60 fps.

For real tho, TruMotion/Motionflow is fantastic for sports and shit for absolutely everything else. Film and shows are shot at the framerate that they are intended to be viewed at. Stop butchering the art!

Yup. It's been great. I loved Nick and Kevin laughing at Greg and Tim's nonsense. Even Colin, at the end, had a huge grin.

It's just great to see them enjoying what they do. I could tell that especially Colin was burned out at the end of his tenure at IGN.

His rejuvenated enthusiasm can be seen and heard and it's quite refreshing.

I do think the line is kind of in poor taste even though I doubt there is any ill intent.

I know that Tonedeff probably wrote the lyrics, but the KF guys obviously didn't have enough issue with it to make him change it.

Hopefully they can apologize and move past this

Choomp

Banned
Altano is always salty over something.

Seems like it, yeah. I mean I love the guy but for a fun lovin son of a gun like him he always seem to have a problem with stuff. Also, I think he took that out of proportion, and it's all in good fun. I mean Marty Sliva was at KF Live and came on stage bringing good vibes, no reason to tweet that.

Also l, as expected, Tonedeff said he wrote that himself and it was meant in jest. Still no problem here.

Seems like it, yeah. I mean I love the guy but for a fun lovin son of a gun like him he always seem to have a problem with stuff. Also, I think he took that out of proportion, and it's all in good fun. I mean Marty Sliva was at KF Live and came on stage bringing good vibes, no reason to tweet that.

Also l, as expected, Tonedeff said he wrote that himself and it was meant in jest. Still no problem here.

I liked your "Greg Freak-out Thread". I think that thing will be an endless supply of hilarity.

Yeah, I dunno... that line probably wasn't necessary. I mean, it was this Tonedeaf guy who said it, but the video was made and then uploaded by Kinda Funny, which is clearly an endorsement. Interesting to see no one from Kinda Funny responded to Altano, if you're going to call out the organization that use to represent you and still represents your friends, the least you could do is respond to some valid criticism, especially when you have the time to boast about how blessed you are.

Yeah, I dunno... that line probably wasn't necessary. I mean, it was this Tonedeaf guy who said it, but the video was made and then uploaded by Kinda Funny, which is clearly an endorsement. Interesting to see no one from Kinda Funny responded to Altano, if you're going to call out the organization that use to represent you and still represents your friends, the least you could do is respond to some valid criticism, especially when you have the time to boast about how blessed you are.

That's how I feel as well, there's no way they don't know about it considering how the Twitter and Facebook communities blew up over it.

I'm hoping they'll address it but it seems unlikely. It's kind of childish how it's been handled, in my opinion .

If its a joke, then say so and stop letting things get out of hand. If its not, and it doesn't seem like it is, then just deal with it and move on

I mentioned earlier I don't think there's any ill intent with the song or line, but why can't they just say "Hey, we made a joke that offended one of our friends, and for that we are sorry, it wasn't meant that way"

Instead it seems like they don't care at all that some of their former colleagues were hurt by it.

Of course it's possible that one of them talked to Brian privately and handled it, but I still think they should say something to avoid people dragging this out publicly if it's already been dealt with

Anyways that's my 2 cents. I'm a big fan of Kinda Funny and also a fan of Brian Altano and some other IGN folks, so this stuff bothers me. Especially seeing some of the KF community attack him with personal insults. I though we were above that stuff.

Choomp

Banned
I don't think it's something that should be talked about on Twitter or Twitch, for that matter. It's just trying to start trouble and get fans going by doing it that way, you're not going to accomplish much else. Brian should've just contacted them personally handled it a different way.

Mezoly

Has Tim ever played a 3d game? Watching that Fallout 3 video was painful. I do feel bad for him though, because of all the YouTube comments.

Top Bottom