• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Man, Colin and Greg Live was a mess today (and not in an enjoyable way). Twitch better step their game up if they want to compete with YouTube's new service.

Technical issues?

Yeah, about halfway in it kept randomly stopping, almost as if buffering. Thought it was on my end, until I looked at the comments and saw everyone was having the same issue. They had to end early because it got pretty bad. Too make matters worse (at least for me), they have not put things back together, so everything was a little makeshift. So, unfortunately the mics seemed blown out, especially when Greg got loud (and when doesn't he ;) ) Hopefully it's back to normal tomorrow.

Greg's streaming Arkham Knight, and he's dressed the part too. http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/

Incredible stuff

CIKV-tNUMAEl-XM.png:large

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I've never followed anyone in the YouTube/twitch/etc scene, preferring to stick with big press websites and a couple of forum communities like this one. I watched Greg soldier on to deliver nearly two hours worth of intel on MGSV a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty enjoyable, so I think I'll try to start watching these guys do their thing. :)

I'm glad Pwamcider got included in their wedding plans. Goldfarb needs to be in their too.
Greg also talked about that uncomfortable E3 interview he did in 2012 with the woman who played Lara Croft in the last Tomb Raider. Him and Colin had a good conversation about it if you ever saw that.

Pretty quiet in here.

Has anyone here tried out the PS+ Edition of Driveclub? The full game is worth it (and its only $24.99 if you have PS+, which you obviously do, if you downloaded the PS+ Edition of Driveclub).

Pretty quiet in here.

Has anyone here tried out the PS+ Edition of Driveclub? The full game is worth it (and its only $24.99 if you have PS+, which you obviously do, if you downloaded the PS+ Edition of Driveclub).

I've had it since day 1 :p

But yeah I do hope the PS+ edition manages to make some new fans of the game, it's a very special piece of work. My pride is a bit hurt now though, since they started adding more levels I'm now only 58, no longer maxed out :(

I love it when Colin explains the things he's passionate about. He's been yapping forever about being a history nut, so it's great to hear him actually explain some of the fascinate parts of history.

I felt similarly when Extra Credits started doing a history series. I got robbed in school because I was raised to think history was boring, when really I was just not being taught very well (or paying attention, maybe :p). To that end, I'd love to hear Colin go on about history more often.

Gave it a shot, yeah. Too much of a sim for me. I'm probably the only person in the country this way, but I miss ModNation Racers.

I love it when Colin explains the things he's passionate about. He's been yapping forever about being a history nut, so it's great to hear him actually explain some of the fascinate parts of history.

I felt similarly when Extra Credits started doing a history series. I got robbed in school because I was raised to think history was boring, when really I was just not being taught very well (or paying attention, maybe :p). To that end, I'd love to hear Colin go on about history more often.

Gave it a shot, yeah. Too much of a sim for me. I'm probably the only person in the country this way, but I miss ModNation Racers.

Aw man, I LOVED ModNation Racers! Would definitely buy another one

I've had it since day 1 :p

But yeah I do hope the PS+ edition manages to make some new fans of the game, it's a very special piece of work. My pride is a bit hurt now though, since they started adding more levels I'm now only 58, no longer maxed out :(

I already knew you had it. But, yeah, it's nice for people to play it for the first time risk free. It seems, for the most part, the opinions of the game are improving, so that's good for Evolution. Like I said in the OT, if they do announce a Season 2 Pass, I'd love to see a course set in a city and a course set in a desert with massive rolling dunes with new sand storm weather effects. Could you imagine driving in a sand storm!?

Aw man, I LOVED ModNation Racers! Would definitely buy another one

Yeah, I felt that way too, but then I really didn't like LBPK. I also hate Mario Kart. I'm really picky about racing games that I like. The only other one I ever loved was Crash Team Racing.

I loved MNR, though I'd rather it have actual PlayStation characters instead of the vinyl figures dressed as them. I'd love to see UFG, who made both MNR and LBP Racing, make this new game and name it PlayStation All-Stars: Grand Prix.

I like it too, but as Colin said, it seems their numbers go down with "Colin" topics. I have a feeling for some people its political. Going by comments I've seen in other threads, some people simply refuse to listen to what he says due to his political leanings. A shame really, because he can't be contained in a box... or something or other. If they would take the time to listen to him, their preconceived notions may be shattered. Yes, he is a Republican, but, as he has said before, he is quite Liberal when it comes to social issues and recently he reaffirmed if he were in charge, he'd divert money from the military to NASA (to get the space program where it used to be) and (perhaps more importantly) to the Arts and Humanities to spark creativity and culture in the US.

As for more history content, I made a thread in the Kinda Funny Forums where I suggested Colin start a show revolving around him playing Civilization V, while bringing perspective about how things in his playthrough compare and contrast to real history.

I loved MNR, though I'd rather it have actual PlayStation characters instead of the vinyl figures dressed as them. I'd love to see UFG, who made both MNR and LBP Racing, make this new game and name it PlayStation All-Stars: Grand Prix.

The urban vinyl was totally reactionary. What's a creative construction medium that's not crafty like LBP is? It was pretty clear UFG wanted to make LBPK from the start.

But it may have been necessary. The clashing world design in PSAS:BR looked bad enough with professional artists picking specific match ups, so I can only imagine the clusterfuck of the user generated content version. I'd probably love PSAS:GP if they made it, although I know they're working on a spinoff of Sleeping Dogs, but I can't decide whether including UGC would make the game much better or much worse.

I like it too, but as Colin said, it seems their numbers go down with "Colin" topics. I have a feeling for some people its political. Going by comments I've seen in other threads, some people simply refuse to listen to what he says due to his political leanings. A shame really, because he can't be contained in a box... or something or other. If they would take the time to listen to him, their preconceived notions may be shattered. Yes, he is a Republican, but, as he has said before, he is quite Liberal when it comes to social issues and recently he reaffirmed if he were in charge, he'd divert money from the military to NASA (to get the space program where it used to be) and (perhaps more importantly) to the Arts and Humanities to spark creativity and culture in the US.
See, I don't even need to agree with him to find him fascinating (although we're very similar politically, so maybe I'm just saying that...). I really like how passionate and researched he is. It's very entertaining to me, and enriching because it's not just vapid entertainment.

The urban vinyl was totally reactionary. What's a creative construction medium that's not crafty like LBP is? It was pretty clear UFG wanted to make LBPK from the start.

But it may have been necessary. The clashing world design in PSAS:BR looked bad enough with professional artists picking specific match ups, so I can only imagine the clusterfuck of the user generated content version. I'd probably love PSAS:GP if they made it, although I know they're working on a spinoff of Sleeping Dogs, but I can't decide whether including UGC would make the game much better or much worse.

As for user generated content, I'd only want to see tracks and environments customizable by players. Leave the character designs to the devs.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Man I like KoF, but it's hard for me to like KoF Games edition. I can't watch C&G Live, and then the YouTube version of the podcast is a week behind. So that leaves me with the lets plays unless I subscribe. :/

A lot of GB Gaffers here. I might start posting here! I enjoyed KInda Funny's E3 coverage.

Well, Kinda Funny is sort of a (very) small scale Giant Bomb. It has that same spirit, but is even more removed from the traditional video game coverage industry than Giant Bomb is. Not to mention Kinda Funny has built up a strong relationship with GB/GS. Thus far, they have had Jeff Gerstmann, Dan Ryckert, Danny O'Dwyer, Alexa Ray Corriea, and Ty Root appear on their content (not counting E3). Plus, Colin and Greg have been on GameSpot's The Lobby several times since leaving IGN.

Volotaire

Well, Kinda Funny is sort of a (very) small scale Giant Bomb. It has that same spirit, but is even more removed from the traditional video game coverage industry than Giant Bomb is. Not to mention Kinda Funny has built up a strong relationship with GB/GS. Thus far, they have had Jeff Gerstmann, Dan Ryckert, Danny O'Dwyer, Alexa Ray Corriea, and Ty Root appear on their content (not counting E3). Plus, Colin and Greg have been on GameSpot's The Lobby several times since leaving IGN.

I love the trend towards personality driven journalism (although Kinda Funny is sometimes slightly too Youtube - esque relative to GB for me). I've been watching them infrequently (their podcasts mostly and when they were featured, as you mention, on the Lobby or with GB) since their inception and had been listening to some of their content infrequently at IGN too.

I love the trend towards personality driven journalism (although Kinda Funny is sometimes slightly too Youtube - esque relative to GB for me). I've been watching them infrequently (their podcasts mostly and when they were featured, as you mention, on the Lobby or with GB) since their inception and had been listening to some of their content infrequently at IGN too.

I really want to see Greg (and maybe Colin, Tim, and/or Nick) appear on UPF. I think that could be really fun. All four of them might make it crowded, though.

MattyG

Banned
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted the daily videos in here, but I'm going to start back up soon. I've just been a little busy with other Gaf communities that I'm helping run and other stuff in the real world. I really do want to get back to it though.

Also, if anyone here wants to add me on PSN, go for it. ID is "ortiz344". I noticed in other threads that a couple of you play Driveclub, so I was thinking maybe we could get a Kinda Funny crew going, and if we have a group of people who play any MMOs like ESO or FFXIV, maybe we could get everyone together and play sometime.

Volotaire

Oh, Kinda Funny did reaction streams to the conferences? I'll have to check this out now.

EDIT: Oh they didn't, I got a bit confused.

Choomp

Banned
Really love Colin's defense of Kotaku just now, agree wholeheartedly. There's some silly stuff on there but very often they have the best most interesting stories and leaks on that site, and I think the silly stuff is entertaining to boot.

Have to say I wasn't expecting that intriguing of a discussion about games journalism on the show today. Really enjoyed it.

Huh, so IGN's policy about not letting current employees visit KF is over? Colin said Vince Ingenito is co-hosting C&GL while KF is at SDCC.

Mezoly

Huh, so IGN's policy about not letting current employees visit KF is over? Colin said Vince Ingenito is co-hosting C&GL while KF is at SDCC.

I think one of IGN execs(can't remember who) explained to Beyond Facebook group that the decision was only for the period before E3 because they don't want their editors to be distracted.

I think one of IGN execs(can't remember who) explained to Beyond Facebook group that the decision was only for the period before E3 because they don't want their editors to be distracted.

Oh, okay.

Also, pretty cool they hired James as the CTO. KF is growing. One hire at a time!

The Rock just tweeted at Greg. Greggy ol boy, if it didn't seem like you made it up to now..:

Could you imagine if he stealthily convinced him to do the GameOverGreggy Show without Tim or Nick knowing he was the guest until after the first few minutes of the episode when he rings the doorbell and Greg lets him in?

Top Bottom