• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Choomp

Banned
So far, so good. I'm only two hours in, a little more, so I've done very little. That said, I'm feeling everything about it so far. The cast, the writing, the voice acting, the setting, the story... and what shades of gameplay I've experienced so far I've enjoyed, as well.

After my experience with Final Fantasy X, I'm desperate for a palate cleanser, and I hope this is it.

The game is probably my favorite JRPG and one of my favorite games of all time. What you listed is probably some of my favorite parts of the game, character development, voice acting and writing is awesome. The soundtrack is really cool also and helps give Inaba that bright but comforting small town feel. I don't think gameplay is anything to marvel at but it's good enough. I think you'll like it a lot Colin, if I recall correctly at two hours the game has barely set you loose. Enjoy.

A shame to hear that about FFX, it's a game I've wanted to try and have heard lots of negative things since the remaster came out. If you didn't like it, P4G should be a refreshing experience.

So far, so good. I'm only two hours in, a little more, so I've done very little. That said, I'm feeling everything about it so far. The cast, the writing, the voice acting, the setting, the story... and what shades of gameplay I've experienced so far I've enjoyed, as well.

After my experience with Final Fantasy X, I'm desperate for a palate cleanser, and I hope this is it.

Hey Colin. Did you realize that, starting this Sunday there will be at least one NFL game (of some sort) on all but one Sunday (September 6th) until Super Bowl Sunday!?

Like you, all I have to say to this is "who?"

We do our best not to dwell in the negative, or give it much attention, when we have so much positivity surrounding us, and such a positive community. Let's focus on that. People are allowed to hate us for reasons of their choosing; that's fine. We'll continue doing what we're doing anyway. =D

(But thank you for caring.)

Anytime Colin. Keep up the amazing work; you guys are doing incredible stuff. I'm proud to support it.

Ledbetter

I'm watching Colin play Mega Man Legacy Collection and I can't imagine how many times he has finished the Mega Man games by seeing him just going through like in an automatic way.

Too bad for him that it doesn't have a platinum trophy haha.

Karu

I like Persona 4 generally (Have played maybe... 20-30 hoursof it?), but the dungeon design is so incredibly bland and turn based combat just doesn't do it for me,

And furthermore... the calender system is a neat idea, but flawed in its execution i think. The small-bites style gameplay may lend itself to handheld or mobile gaming, but becomes tiring on a console or for long play sessions. After a certain point in time keeping up the social connections etc. feels more like a checklist/chore than anything else.

After the hype quite disappointed, but since I'm not a natural fan of JRPGs (Tales of Symphonia and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are two of my favourite games of alltime, though. Admittedly I've played them in a time when i wasn't able to experience much other single player-story based games. One of the greatest regrets of the first 15 years or so of my life, it was kinda out of my hands, but still) I at least can appreciate how fans of the genre obviously find things to like in P4.

Day 1 Vita fan over here and I got Persona 4 when it came out. I've tried a number of times to get into it, and maybe it gets better after, but the intro is SOOO slow. Reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII with the whole "oh it opens up and gets really good after 40 hours". Yeah no thanks.

N° 2048

Day 1 Vita fan over here and I got Persona 4 when it came out. I've tried a number of times to get into it, and maybe it gets better after, but the intro is SOOO slow. Reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII with the whole "oh it opens up and gets really good after 40 hours". Yeah no thanks.

I knew this going in and it made it easier. First few hours were slow for me but damn good. Also picks up fast, game is seriously one of top games of all time. Currently 30 hours in.

Well, I think Up At Noon kind of lost momentum near the end with Greg, so hopefully Max can keep it going better than he's done with Beyond. Mandatory Update has set the bar very high for fake gaming news shows, but Max and Brian are both funny so hopefully they can keep it going.

Also: is there no way to watch an archive of today's C&GL?? I can't be the only person on the west coast who watches C&GL via archive during their lunch.

Mezoly

Well, I think Up At Noon kind of lost momentum near the end with Greg, so hopefully Max can keep it going better than he's done with Beyond. Mandatory Update has set the bar very high for fake gaming news shows, but Max and Brian are both funny so hopefully they can keep it going.

Also: is there no way to watch an archive of today's C&GL?? I can't be the only person on the west coast who watches C&GL via archive during their lunch.
The archive was on youtube today I think. Check out reddit.com/r/kindafunny they daily post the C&GL archive with nice breakdown of topics.

Hmm. I can't tell if Up at Noon is still once a week or every day. The reason this could be interesting is the new Up at Noon is live. When it premieres this Friday (8/14), it'll go live an hour after Colin and Greg Live. And by the description of the new Up at Noon makes it sound like Colin and Greg Live but hosted by Max and Brian instead, though probably focused on almost only IGN-based news.

Well I won't be able to watch Colin and Greg Live again for a while. Not because I don't like it anymore, but because Twitch still uses Flash. To their credit, they are slowly transitioning to HTML5. Unfortunately that's not fast enough. I found out last week while listening to tested.com's This Is Only A Test podcast, that on Yahoo somehow flash was compromised, infecting the Flash based ads (http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/03/hackers-exploit-flash-vulnerability-in-yahoo-ads/?_r=0). Apparently, this creates a way for some nefarious person to infect your computer by installing unwanted software. That was my breaking point with Flash. After months of hearing people suggest everyone should uninstall Flash, I finally took the plunge. It's scary how many sites still rely on a dying thing.

Edit- YAY! I forgot I can watch Twitch streams on my iPhone!

MattyG

Banned
I love when Colin does his little look around after a joke (like the "I guarantee it" in KFG EP31.1) to see if anyone responds and then immediately switches back to serious mode if nobody heard it.

I heard it Colin. I gotchu.

I love when Colin does his little look around after a joke (like the "I guarantee it" in KFG EP31.1) to see if anyone responds and then immediately switches back to serious mode if nobody heard it.

I heard it Colin. I gotchu.

post-62889-kanye-smile-for-a-second-gif-i-eOsl.gif

Had the pleasure of meeting Greg, Nick, and Tim in Austin last weekend. As I'm sure you all know, they're all super nice and took time to speak to everyone that showed up.

I'm a long-time Podcast Beyond listener, but I'm going to start watching more Kinda Funny Games stuff from now on.

Fueling that ego ;p Congrats to them. They are growing so fast. I wonder if the Uncharted 4 demo is the E3 one or if it is a new section.

I was thinking the same thing but you have to realize that the game isn't coming out until March of 2016. I doubt ND will bring a whole new Vertical Slice of this game to an company conference. If they were, I would've expected there to be done marketing and hype behind it.

ST2K

I hope a significant part of their business meeting was discussing how they need to seriously scale back their events.

They go to way too many.

notaxation

Neo Member
I hope a significant part of their business meeting was discussing how they need to seriously scale back their events.

They go to way too many.

We know. We made many of these commitments a long time ago. We will not be going to this many conventions in 2016 and beyond.

FEAR NOT.

We know. We made many of these commitments a long time ago. We will not be going to this many conventions in 2016 and beyond.

FEAR NOT.

Thank god PSX in San Francisco, huh? That must've been music to your ears. No need for air fare or hotel reservations. Just imagine how awesome things would be for you if E3 ever moved to San Francisco. There's always talk of E3 leaving LA. Why not SF as a new home?

Mezoly

FEAR NOT.

Oh that's great. I liked your GDC and E3 coverage but the other events where hard to follow and it seemed there was no convenient place to watch from home.

For the longest time, my schedule hasn't allowed me to watch Colin and Greg Live on a regular basis. I've been out of school this summer, and I can catch it almost every time, but don't most of the time just because i'm not used to it being something that my schedule is open for, so I forget about it.

I started listening to their past broadcasts on the Twitch phone app recently because of this. I wish there was a way to download those to my phone so I can listen to them on the go.

I did catch the one yesterday with Tim and it was very enjoyable to listen to. Tim is the homie.

I just watched Up at Noon Live, and am I the only one who feels like their "new format" is a carbon copy of Colin and Greg Live? I couldn't help but find that a little amusing.

Yeah very similar to C&GL, without the natural flow and chemistry that Colin and Greg have together. I turned it off after a few minutes when they started asking for photoshops that weren't funny.

MattyG

Banned
I think it's something Metal Gear related. Probably Metal Gear Online. Plus, they keep emphasizing that Greg is working hard. Metal is something that is hard.
He may be playing it for review. Reviews are dropping on the 21st or 23rd I think, and I've seen a few people in the industry tweet hints that they've been playing it.

That seems like a bit much. It's not like you'll be forced to watch them. I can't imagine they'll put spoilers in the thumbnails.

But yeah, I'm not really too happy about that shit either. Fuckin' Greggy doesn't know bad juju when he sees it.

Also... that last LP of Ground Zeroes he did was pretty vapid.

Choomp

Banned
The MGSV let's play will make me unsubscribe from their YouTube chanel until I finish the game.

Yeah I gotta agree with above, I'm not gonna watch them but you still don't need to watch them if you're subscribed. I still want to support them and watch their other stuff as well

Mezoly

Yeah I gotta agree with above, I'm not gonna watch them but you still don't need to watch them if you're subscribed. I still want to support them and watch their other stuff as well

I have been burned before by other channels that had spoilers in either the thumbnail or title. I don't know how kinda funny going to handle these things since this is their first long let's play of a game.

MattyG

Banned
The MGSV let's play will make me unsubscribe from their YouTube chanel until I finish the game.
I wont unsubscribe, but I really hope he doesn't put any major spoilers in them. That goes for any pre-release coverage really. There's always the "well nobody is making you watch it" line, but let's be honest, there's always assholes who will take those spoilers for big games like these and post them wherever they damn well please. It happened with stuff like TLOU and Bioshock Infinite, and it'll happen here. Better to not have them out in the wild at all at least until release.

The internet is going to be a fucking minefield until this game releases.

Choomp

Banned
Also sad to see quite some negativity coming Greg's way on Twitter and wherever else online. Hope he and the guys know they're doing great stuff.

notaxation

Neo Member
Also sad to see quite some negativity coming Greg's way on Twitter and wherever else online. Hope he and the guys know they're doing great stuff.

As far as I understand, we're only showing the first few missions in our Let's Plays. We're stoked about this opportunity, but cognizant that some people won't want to watch. We respect that. We're not going to put spoilers in thumbnails and shit, nor are we going to jump 40 hours into the game and be like, "okay, now let's do a Let's Play."

But again, people are totally entitled to their concerns, and are free to handle the situation how they wish. Just want to give a little context as to what's happening.

Top Bottom