• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Kinda Funny's Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Coverage (SPOLERS! DUH!)

Week 1:
Sunday: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Review (SPOILER FREE) - Kinda Funny Reacts and Let's Play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Kinda Funny Plays
Monday: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's Phantom Limbs Mission - Kinda Funny Plays
Tuesday: Let's Play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's "A Hero's Way" Mission - Kinda Funny Plays
Wednesday: Kidnapping Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's Interpreter - Kinda Funny Plays
Thursday: Let's Play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's C2W Mission - Kinda Funny Plays
Friday: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Extracting a Highly Skilled Soldier - Kidna Funny Plays

Week 2:
Monday: Let's Build Mother Base in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Kinda Funny Plays and 62 Hours into Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Tuesday: Let's Play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Episode 5: Over the Fence - Kinda Funny Plays
Wednesday: Getting the Girlfriend to Love Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Kinda Funny Plays
Thursday: Huge Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Spoilers!!!!! - Kinda Funny Plays
Friday: What Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's Opening Is All About - Kinda Funny Plays and Metal Gear Solid V: Greg, Kristine, and Side Ops (Part 1)
Saturday: Metal Gear Solid V: Greg, Kristine, and Side Ops (Part 2)
Sunday: Metal Gear Solid V: 70 Hours In (Part 1) and Metal Gear Solid V: 70 Hours In (Part 2) and Metal Gear Solid V: 70 Hours In (Part 3)

ST2K

I just read Fahrenheit 451 this past week for the first time and Colin's social media rant on this upcoming week's GOGS seems to hammer on so many similar points. We live in a weird society.

Let's Build Mother Base in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Kinda Funny Plays

Also: Your Favorite Game Sucks! - The Dumbest Panel @ PAX 2015

That's the GameSpot panel that Colin took part in.

Edit- Greg will be streaming MGSV tonight.

LBMhzHp.jpg

I have to say, unless some context is provided, Tim's recent photo he posted on Twitter bothers me enough that I'm considering pulling my support for them on Patreon

Regardless of the intent, it flies in the face of everything positive women have been working on to change the culture today, especially in the gaming industry. You know, that they're real people and not a body or sexual object. Maybe the faces are removed for a reason, but I just find it in extremely poor taste, and the replies to the tweet encouraging it are even more appalling.

I firmly believe none of the guys are sexist or disrespectul of women but it's important for them to understand why people would (and should) have a problem with this.

I'm going to wait a bit to see if they comment on or address it before I make any decisions

Edit: For the record I don't have a problem with the actions depicted, if those women wanted their bras signed that's fine. Its just the way it's presented.

Yeah I saw the post and hey i'm glad they're having a good time but putting it out on social media just seems gross. Just reading through replies though shows most dudes just look up to them even more.

N° 2048

I have to say, unless some context is provided, Tim's recent photo he posted on Twitter bothers me enough that I'm considering pulling my support for them on Patreon

Regardless of the intent, it flies in the face of everything positive women have been working on to change the culture today, especially in the gaming industry. You know, that they're real people and not a body or sexual object. Maybe the faces are removed for a reason, but I just find it in extremely poor taste, and the replies to the tweet encouraging it are even more appalling.

I firmly believe none of the guys are sexist or disrespectul of women but it's important for them to understand why people would (and should) have a problem with this.

I'm going to wait a bit to see if they comment on or address it before I make any decisions

Edit: For the record I don't have a problem with the actions depicted, if those women wanted their bras signed that's fine. Its just the way it's presented.

What I don't understand is they wanted to do that so why does it bug you so much? The aren't doing anything to harm the image of women...seems like people here like making a campaign for everything.

What context do you want? They want their boobs signed homie.

The image reads to me as "Look! Boobs! Awesome!". To me it seems to frame them as a trophy or achievement.

That's not something that speaks to me, that's all. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I imagine others may also find it in poor taste.

I'm already dealing with people on Twitter telling me I'm not allowed to be offended, you guys are great and I don't want to get in an argument here. I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction

I probably went a bit far with talk of pulling my pledges, but if theres more stuff with this tone I may have to consider it

N° 2048

The image reads to me as "Look! Boobs! Awesome!". To me it seems to frame them as a trophy or achievement.

That's not something that speaks to me, that's all. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I imagine others may also find it in poor taste.

I'm already dealing with people on Twitter telling me I'm not allowed to be offended, you guys are great and I don't want to get in an argument here. I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction

I probably went a bit far with talk of pulling my pledges, but if theres more stuff with this tone I may have to consider it

Oh I wasn't trying to be an ass, sorry if I came across that way. Was just curious on your opinion ( which is totally fine, we have all opinions. I know a lot of mine ain't popular)

I can see people being bugged by it. Wonder if Tim will respond.

Oh I wasn't trying to be an ass, sorry if I came across that way. Was just curious on your opinion ( which is totally fine, we have all opinions. I know a lot of mine ain't popular)

I can see people being bugged by it. Wonder if Tim will respond.

Yeah I mean I feel bad for him because I know they all respect women and that's not his intent.

sora87

I personally find it embarrassing people made such a big deal out of it and pretty much pressed him to delete it. But that's just my take on it.

I'd like to see the entire interviews. Strange there was no Kiefer Sutherland, considering his passionate speech at The Game Awards, talking about the groundbreaking stuff Kojima was doing. Also, that end was such a bummer. Good for Kojima for visiting with that family.

I'd like to see the entire interviews. Strange there was no Kiefer Sutherland, considering his passionate speech at The Game Awards, talking about the groundbreaking stuff Kojima was doing. Also, that end was such a bummer. Good for Kojima for visiting with that family.

Yeah the video is great. I guess it's possible Kiefer was busy, his schedule is probably different than a lot of the others in that vid

There's no Super Mario Maker review or discussion?? I know they've been traveling a lot but Colin did say they've had it for weeks. That's disappointing.

Is this the first time they did it live on youtube?

I think maybe they did it once or twice. It looks like they may have had internet/Twitch issues today and with Colin and Greg both on Las Vegas, Kristine and Kevin probably didn't want to deal any other issues. I doubt this is any indication of a switch to YouTube, unless Colin decides he's had it with Twitch.

Mezoly

I think maybe they did it once or twice. It looks like they may have had internet/Twitch issues today and with Colin and Greg both on Las Vegas, Kristine and Kevin probably didn't want to deal any other issues. I doubt this is any indication of a switch to YouTube, unless Colin decides he's had it with Twitch.

Damn I hoped that they started doing that switch.

Damn I hoped that they started doing that switch.

Me too. YouTube is HTML5 (it's coming to Twitch.... eventually) and you can pause live streams and continue where you left off (when you pause on Twitch it just brings you live, so why the pause button if it doesn't really pause anything- your just stopping the stream instead).

Edit- Steimer is making her first GOGS/GamesCast appearances next week!

BTW if you have played the prologue of mgs5 but haven't finished the game don't watch the video if you care about spoilers.

Thanks for the heads up. Will wait until I finish

Speaking of MGS, how are those of you who bought it enjoying it? I expected good things but I'm blown away by the gameplay

Choomp

Banned
Thanks for the heads up. Will wait until I finish

Speaking of MGS, how are those of you who bought it enjoying it? I expected good things but I'm blown away by the gameplay

It's awesome. Can see myself spending tons of time playing it. The story isn't very good just yet, hopefully it picks up, it was my most anticipated part of the game.

BTW if you have played the prologue of mgs5 but haven't finished the game don't watch the video if you care about spoilers.

There's also a big spoiler in the video where Greg is showing Kristine MGSV, specifically when he's picking his loadout, so you might just want to skip past that part.

30 hours in and I'm still just as hooked as I was when I first started it up.

I'm 40 hours in, on mission 23 and starting to feel a bit burned out :(

I rarely play any game more than 20-30 hours so this is a lot for me, especially in the span of a week.

Anyone know how many main ops there are? I'm too scared to go into the OT and ask

MattyG

Banned
I'm 40 hours in, on mission 23 and starting to feel a bit burned out :(

I rarely play any game more than 20-30 hours so this is a lot of me, especially in the span of a week.

Anyone know how many main ops there are? I'm too scared to go into the OT and ask
Same here. About 35 hours in, mission 32 and I kind of hit a wall where I don't feel like playing anymore. I want to know what happens next, but I don't want to do what I have to to get to that point right now.

Same here. About 35 hours in, mission 32 and I kind of hit a wall where I don't feel like playing anymore. I want to know what happens next, but I don't want to do what I have to to get to that point right now.

Yeah, no point in forcing yourself. Take a day, or a few days. Play something totally different. I'm sure you'll feel refreshed.

I'm going to play a bit of Disney Infinity I think

Choomp

Banned

I got a bit worn out too and I don't think I've played as much as you. No fault of the game, it probably has to do with the fact that I suck at it and get so OCD that I have to do like every side op as well. Gonna try out Grow Home

For some reason I haven't been as involved with the community since the move to Kinda Funny as I was with beyond. I think all the content left me feeling detached. Not too long ago I learned that the only way to do it is just pick the topics that interest me on YouTube.

Top Bottom