• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Mezoly

Also sad to see quite some negativity coming Greg's way on Twitter and wherever else online. Hope he and the guys know they're doing great stuff.

Yeah that sucks. I saw his tweet being posted all over the gaming forums.

As far as I understand, we're only showing the first few missions in our Let's Plays. We're stoked about this opportunity, but cognizant that some people won't want to watch. We respect that. We're not going to put spoilers in thumbnails and shit, nor are we going to jump 40 hours into the game and be like, "okay, now let's do a Let's Play."

But again, people are totally entitled to their concerns, and are free to handle the situation how they wish. Just want to give a little context as to what's happening.

Thanks Colin for the assurances. Also I'm super excited about the new show you guys are teasing.

Choomp

Banned
As far as I understand, we're only showing the first few missions in our Let's Plays. We're stoked about this opportunity, but cognizant that some people won't want to watch. We respect that. We're not going to put spoilers in thumbnails and shit, nor are we going to jump 40 hours into the game and be like, "okay, now let's do a Let's Play."

But again, people are totally entitled to their concerns, and are free to handle the situation how they wish. Just want to give a little context as to what's happening.

Totally makes sense, very reasonable. Thanks for clearing it up Colin.

realcZk

Good news on the Let's Play being the early missions, I'd love to tune in for the first few missions we've already seen demoed before at E3/Gamescom and see how you guys tackle those, and of course - the review! (Greg's GOTY) :)

Just keep in mind people like me. I happen to be a die-hard metal gear fan who would consider anything at all from the game a spoiler-- we don't know how or where exactly the game starts off, and would like to keep it that way. This is coming from someone who loves the content you guys put out and checks the youtube feed everyday.

I'd just be real bummed if I saw a thumbnail of, I dunno, a winter setting or something that hasn't been revealed yet, in a thumbnail.

Just keep in mind people like me. I happen to be a die-hard metal gear fan who would consider anything at all from the game a spoiler-- we don't know how or where exactly the game starts off, and would like to keep it that way. This is coming from someone who loves the content you guys put out and checks the youtube feed everyday.

I'd just be real bummed if I saw a thumbnail of, I dunno, a winter setting or something that hasn't been revealed yet, in a thumbnail.

Spoilers can only be controlled to a certain extent. You're going to see something somewhere with a game this big, it's not realistic to expect otherwise. If you want to be completely in the dark the only solution is to stay off the internet until you play the game.

Maximo

People get angry over the most petty bullshit.
Yep spoiler culture has a whole has become really pathetic, if a game is good it's good. Hell had people say to me before "Why did you read Game Of Thrones, doesn't that spoil the TV Show?" I can still know certain aspects of a story and still enjoy the fuck out of it in the moment.

MattyG

Banned
Follow up from another thread about the MGSV situation;

Hey--

Sorry that I've been away today, folks!

Are we all clear now? These Let's Plays don't even make it to Mission 6, and the game's effin' huge. Off the top of my head, the only "reveal" in any of them was in a trailer forever ago.

These ain't going to spoil anything other than Big Boss' sexy crawl and how bad I was when I started playing.

<3
Greg

MattyG

Banned
Quick question for those of you who have been here since the beginning; would you be interested if I were to start doing the daily video posts again? I feel really bad for just stopping them, but this summer has just been kind of hectic. With school starting up again, I feel like now is the perfect time for me to get it back into my schedule.

sora87

I appreciated it too but it's definitely not necessary if you're too busy.

What happened to the Mad Max stream anyway? Not seeing it in past broadcasts.

N° 2048

I appreciated it too but it's definitely not necessary if you're too busy.

What happened to the Mad Max stream anyway? Not seeing it in past broadcasts.

Internet was dropping during C&G so they cancelled the Mad Max stream.

Fuck Comcast.

They really should just relocate somewhere with cheaper living expenses, where they can get a small office with a strong internet connection.

They probably have a decent deal where they are at. I don't think it's that easy to find anything affordable in SF, let alone office space.

I'm sure their long term goal is a real office though. Hopefully they do well enough in the next few years that they can find something that works.

sora87

I think Colin said something along the lines of their rent is fixed to what it was when he moved in, they couldn't afford anything else in SF

Karu

Gamescast is so weird. I enjoyed enough to continue watching it, but every.single.week it's like... hadn't we had those exact! topics the week prior and the week prior to that.

Favourite games (you never played) (nobody else likes) (you played while having sex)
Most excited games (for January) (for February) (forever)

And so on and forth. Obviously this is not exactly true, because the topics ARE different, but in turn the cast feels so incredibly same-y every week. It doesn't help that the cast of the Gamescast is rather inflexible. Tim wants to make it a Podcast with universal topics, but at some point that doesn't cut it, because it just a slight variation of what was before.

Man, this mobile game talk on the latest gamescast is making my blood boil lol. So many great games get disregarded because of the mobile stigma.

Man, this mobile game talk on the latest gamescast is making my blood boil lol. So many great games get disregarded because of the mobile stigma.

I haven't listened to it yet so I can't comment on their views, but mobile gaming just isn't something I am interested in. I'm sure there's great games there but the last device I want to play something on is my phone or tablet.

If they get ported to PS4 or Vita or something I'd definitely give them a chance.

Hopefully their views/comments are respectful and not dismissive

I haven't listened to it yet so I can't comment on their views, but mobile gaming just isn't something I am interested in. I'm sure there's great games there but the last device I want to play something on is my phone or tablet.

If they get ported to PS4 or Vita or something I'd definitely give them a chance.

I share an opinion similar to Colin in that I hate mobile gaming. My opinion is that why waste your time gaming on a small mobile screen (ie phone) or scaled down experience (ie tablet) when you could be gaming on your HD/4K TV or computer with the best graphics and sound that those $60 can afford you?

Colin was right when he said that mobile is an app platform. Someone famous also noted that mobile is a consumption medium and not really an entertainment medium. Rarely do I watch full blown movies on mobile and rather stick to videos on Youtube, denoting the "consumption" aspect of the platform/medium.

I really liked this segment of the podcast.

I share an opinion similar to Colin in that I hate mobile gaming. My opinion is that why waste your time gaming on a small mobile screen (ie phone) or scaled down experience (ie tablet) when you could be gaming on your HD/4K TV or computer with the best graphics and sound that those $60 can afford you?

Colin was right when he said that mobile is an app platform. Someone famous also noted that mobile is a consumption medium and not really an entertainment medium. Rarely do I watch full blown movies on mobile and rather stick to videos on Youtube, denoting the "consumption" aspect of the platform/medium.

I really liked this segment of the podcast.

Sounds like an argument against the Vita too.

Yeah. I really want Fallout Shelter on PS4. The screen is too small for me to focus on the game. Even watching movies on my iPhone can be difficult. There is so small area, that everything else can be a distraction. I think the only way I can really enjoy mobile games is if the iPad Pro is real and is unveiled next month by Apple and I buy it (which I probably won't because it'll be most likely grossly overpriced).

Great review. I love the passion Greg has for Metal Gear

Passion was evident especially when he was struggling with describing his experience over the past week with the game and searching for words.

With the founding of KF, GM and co have gotten the freedom to express their opinions and the time to express said opinions when they want instead of coming up with stupid shows like Up at Noon, etc.

Good on the community to support these guys on their endeavors. Love the production.

Passion was evident especially when he was struggling with describing his experience over the past week with the game and searching for words.

With the founding of KF, GM and co have gotten the freedom to express their opinions and the time to express said opinions when they want instead of coming up with stupid shows like Up at Noon, etc.

Good on the community to support these guys on their endeavors. Love the production.

For what it's worth I enjoyed Up at Noon but that was mostly because I just enjoyed Greg more than the actual show or format.

I agree it's incredibly inspiring watching talented people spread their wings, and the fact that it happened to such a nice group of guys makes it even better.

But yeah the enthusiasm is infectious. I don't even care about Patagonia but when Greg talks about it, at that moment I DO care

Mezoly

I'm surprised they didn't have an Until Dawn review video. I know they don't review every game but it's a short game and Colin already played it. Also their review videos seems to do well on Youtube with the game being ps exclusive a lot of people would like to hear their thoughts.

Edit: nvm just watched C&GL and Colin is waiting for Greg to play the game so they could do a review discussion.

Gamescast is so weird. I enjoyed enough to continue watching it, but every.single.week it's like... hadn't we had those exact! topics the week prior and the week prior to that.

Favourite games (you never played) (nobody else likes) (you played while having sex)
Most excited games (for January) (for February) (forever)

And so on and forth. Obviously this is not exactly true, because the topics ARE different, but in turn the cast feels so incredibly same-y every week. It doesn't help that the cast of the Gamescast is rather inflexible. Tim wants to make it a Podcast with universal topics, but at some point that doesn't cut it, because it just a slight variation of what was before.

This week is off to a *great* start: games you're excited about, and games you're required to play. If they want to talk about these things all the time, they should just fold it into their other shows. They make enough off-hand comments in that regard anyway.

This week is off to a *great* start: games you're excited about, and games you're required to play. If they want to talk about these things all the time, they should just fold it into their other shows. They make enough off-hand comments in that regard anyway.

I personally have no issue with the Gamescast, but maybe they should do it monthly instead and each episode would have a special guest for the 4th chair. So, it'd be Tim, Greg, Colin, and Guest. Obviously Nick is out of his element when he appears (he says so himself). I personally think the best episodes have been the one with guests like Dan Ryckert, Danny O'Dwyer, and Andrea Rene. Since a different guest each week would be difficult, I think once a month with guests could be more "doable". Plus, as others have complained, maybe there wouldn't be as many "re-runs" of topics. And, if something super news-breaking happens, Colin and Greg Live is a perfect venue. Like I said, I'm content with the current set-up, but hey, there's always room for improvement.

I personally have no issue with the Gamescast, but maybe they should do it monthly instead and each episode would have a special guest for the 4th chair. So, it'd be Tim, Greg, Colin, and Guest. Obviously Nick is out of his element when he appears (he says so himself). I personally think the best episodes have been the one with guests like Dan Ryckert, Danny O'Dwyer, and Andrea Rene. Since a different guest each week would be difficult, I think once a month with guests could be more "doable". Plus, as others have complained, maybe there wouldn't be as many "re-runs" of topics. And, if something super news-breaking happens, Colin and Greg Live is a perfect venue. Like I said, I'm content with the current set-up, but hey, there's always room for improvement.

Oh, yeah, guests are always great.

To be honest, at present I don't have time to enjoy 100% of the KF content, so Gamescast is easy enough to miss, but I'm still loving the rest of it.

@Wreck

the metal gear V lets play looks good lots nice info and it is kindafunny =)

its makes a nice primer for when i get the game

When does Greg get back?

He was back on Monday. But then he was gone Tuesday and today (I don't recall where or why). Then, I believe they all leave for PAX tomorrow (no C&GL on Thursday and Friday). Then next week, they are all going to that Gamestop Expo (maybe not Colin?). They will have guests on C&GL.

Myggen

CNWkrPXUYAEIj8U.jpg

CNWb5hBVAAA0c2b.jpg

Top Bottom