• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Myggen

I saw that it was part of the premium stream. Will it ever be uploaded to Youtube or viewable for non-subscribers at some point?

Nah, Premium is behind a paywall forever on the site. So you'll have to subscribe if you're interested in stuff like that on GB :)

Anyways, I'm very interested in watching Greg play Until Dawn, so I'll probably watch that after GB is done with the game!

Hope Porty's okay! Glad Colin seems to be okay.

Nah, Premium is behind a paywall forever on the site. So you'll have to subscribe if you're interested in stuff like that on GB :)

Anyways, I'm very interested in watching Greg play Until Dawn, so I'll probably watch that after GB is done with the game!

I'll do the same. Though, I think I'll wait until I play Until Dawn to watch any more streams. Part 1 of the Giant Bomb Playdate seemed to end close-ish to where their Quick Look started. And their Quick Look ended at what was the PSX demo. Everything past will be new to me. Curious if they will handle the review if there is one. I'd love to see Greg do a video review for the game like he did for MGSV, though maybe Colin would be a better choice to do so, as he seems to be the most into the game.

Karu

(I somewhat prefer posting here opposed to the forums *shrug*)

Some thoughts about Colin's "review" of Mad Max.

[*snip* Wrote much more but after writing the edit it didn't made much sense anymore.]

His tendency to discuss other people's opinion in a certain way rather annoys me, where he tries to explain their opinion rather than tackle them directly. "I feel like people..." and so forth. (Maybe hypocritical in light of this very post.)

Edit: Okay, I stopped the Gamescast at the 22:30 mark, but now that I have listen to the last minute or so.. This might just come down to Colin liking Checkbox games that are - at the very least - not clunky, which I don't. I don't know. :D :D

The concept of satisfaction can be so frustrating if you think the "satisfaction felt by many in games like Batman and Mad Max is rather hollow and not fun. Ian Hink made a great point on one of their GT-podcasts. Games where the push of a button is directly linked to a specific feedback onscreen, are in a way honest, great. Games where the character is flying between enemies on the push of one button (you know which ones I mean) are visceral, but just... yeah, well, hollow.

Frustrating sure, but I get that people seek different things from games (Fun, Relaxation, Engagement, Enlightenment etc.). Nonetheless... sometimes it's a bummer, nonetheless.

One positive thing to conclude my gibberish... Colin does the best single person-Let's Plays on KF. Calm and well-spoken. I hate... well, that's for another time. :D

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
(I somewhat prefer posting here opposed to the forums *shrug*)

Some thoughts about Colin's "review" of Mad Max.

[*snip* Wrote much more but after writing the edit it didn't made much sense anymore.]

His tendency to discuss other people's opinion in a certain way rather annoys me, where he tries to explain their opinion rather than tackle them directly. "I feel like people..." and so forth. (Maybe hypocritical in light of this very post.)

Edit: Okay, I stopped the Gamescast at the 22:30 mark, but now that I have listen to the last minute or so.. This might just come down to Colin liking Checkbox games that are - at the very least - not clunky, which I don't. I don't know. :D :D

The concept of satisfaction can be so frustrating if you think the "satisfaction felt by many in games like Batman and Mad Max is rather hollow and not fun. Ian Hink made a great point on one of their GT-podcasts. Games where the push of a button is directly linked to a specific feedback onscreen, are in a way honest, great. Games where the character is flying between enemies on the push of one button (you know which ones I mean) are visceral, but just... yeah, well, hollow.

Frustrating sure, but I get that people seek different things from games (Fun, Relaxation, Engagement, Enlightenment etc.). Nonetheless... sometimes it's a bummer, nonetheless.

One positive thing to conclude my gibberish... Colin does the best single person-Let's Plays on KF. Calm and well-spoken. I hate... well, that's for another time. :D

A better video imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qbtCL6WCwM

Karu

Yeah, that's the LP I mentioned at the end of my post. Great video as far as Colin goes (made an "effort" to watch it before Gamescast so I knew what he was talking about), but it reinforced my impression of the game being uninspired and boring (personally of course).

Look, I played AssCreed 2 and loved it - with the pretty important caviat that it was one of the first AAA SP-games I've ever played from beginning to end (I'm 24, but only owned a Gamecube/Wii before and hadn't exactly had the money to buy new games, not that those consoles had the typical third party AAA in their respective library) and the whole Ubisoft design was quite new to me. So I "get" the fascination with them on a basic level. Inquisition broke my back, though. 40 hours I had great fun, but once the design became more and more aparent (Not that it was ever subtle, but I didn't think about it/question it) and the fun factor diminished, I felt actually kinda bad doing some of those activities. While Mad Max. Black Flag and so on indeed seem fun to me, I know what I will get beyond the 2 hour or so honeymoon period.

I'd love to have a beer with Greg (and all the others of course) and do some couch co-op

I asked Greg (got no answer) in the Twitch chat during Colin and Greg Live asking what games they were planning to play during their Extra Life stream. I suggested they play the games from Jackbox Games. Their most recent games are Fibbage, The Jackbox Party Pack (consisting of You Don't Know Jack 2015, Fibbage XL, Drawful, Word Spud, and Lie Swatter), and Quiplash. The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (currently consisting of Fibbage 2 and Bomb Corp. with more to be announced) was announced at PAX for release this Fall. The really cool thing they do is allow for smartphones/tablets/computers/laptops be the controller. All you need is a web browser (or a touch screen device in the case of Drawful). You can have people join in if you stream. All you need to do is give out the room code. Quiplash, for instance, is made for an online audience. In fact, the audience can help determine a winner by voting for their favorite answers. Here is a video of Quiplash from Rooster Teeth: Let's Play - Quiplash. I think Tim (and especially Nick) would have fun coming up with hilariously juvenile answers.

I forget what happened to Greg but I remember him saying Infamous got him through a tough time and that is part of the reason the game is so special to him. I finally get that now.

My grandpa passed away this week and the only thing that gives me joy in my days right now is playing MGSV. I think it will forever be linked with this time in my life.

I forget what happened to Greg but I remember him saying Infamous got him through a tough time and that is part of the reason the game is so special to him. I finally get that now.

My grandpa passed away this week and the only thing that gives me joy in my days right now is playing MGSV. I think it will forever be linked with this time in my life.

Sorry man. That really sucks. Go deep into MGSV and have fun. As for the Greg bit, that might've been around the time of his divorce. I think he and his (then) wife had been together for a while. They got Portillo together.

MattyG

Banned

Like EdReedFan said, it was around the time of his divorce.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I can't think of any specific games like this for me right now, but I know exactly what you mean. Games can be a huge comfort in difficult times. The only thing that helped me through some really shitty stuff (and still does on a daily basis) is being able to escape into another world.

Also, if you beat MGSV and still feel a need to "escape", perhaps try a good, deep strategy game such as Civilization V.

Edit- Actually, maybe something like Minecraft (if you play it) would be better. Civilization V has so much downtime that it might not help much.

Karu

In today's GoG the only thing I could think about was whether or not Tim knows the definition of competition, lol. :D
Glad the episode was interesting, though, because the topic itself sure wasn't (in light of what they discussed already in the course of the show/company)

I'd still love to see Tim (finally) play Banjo-Kazooie for the Extra Life stream. He says he loves 3D platformers of that era, but never gave Banjo a go. Rare Replay is a great excuse to dive into it.

CPhPWBAWcAAywvP.jpg

That name is PERFECT! I'm hoping this podcast uses the old beyond formula 😊

edit :mad:notaxation
"PS I Love You XOXO will be totally free, uploaded on podcast services and YouTube Tuesday mornings for all. Glad y'all are excited. =D"

game on there going head to head with beyond

paulogy

I'm looking forward to Colin & Greg's new PlayStation podcast. I feel their PlayStation coverage has been spotty lately as it's divided between brief segments in Colin & Greg Live, some Let's Plays, and breakouts on the Gamescast. Hopefully this will give them more of a dedicated forum to have more in-depth discussions, as well as interviews with developers, etc.

I also think this will be a good thing for IGN's surviving Podcast Beyond. Too many listeners seemed to want the same show that Colin & Greg would have done, and it just wasn't happening, and they couldn't see the benefits of the new format. Now perhaps Max, Brian, Goldfarb, and Marty can feel free to spread their wings more and evolve the show into something all their own (it's been getting there, but I think this will help).

I'd be curious if they can use segments the created on Podcast Beyond (that have been eliminated from the new iteration of Beyond). Like The Roper Report, The List of Upcoming blah blah blah (obviously without mention of IGN editors), Ryan's Wrap-Up, PSN Hit of the Week, etc.

That's so tacky. It's one thing when a thread is specifically asking for opinions and evaluations, but going into a thread just to shit on it should be ban-worthy, in my opinion. Good thing Colin and Greg have thick skin though.

That's so tacky. It's one thing when a thread is specifically asking for opinions and evaluations, but going into a thread just to shit on it should be ban-worthy, in my opinion. Good thing Colin and Greg have thick skin though.

And they're patting themselves on the back and celebrating when someone agrees with them. It's really bizarre. And of course the Uncharted 3 review just had to be brought up. Greg's being called immature.

And poor Tim is being ripped to shreds by some people.

Edit- One of the posters, named The Artisan (the guy with the Walking Dead avatar), says his dislike of Greg comes from watching old Beyond clips. What!? This was my response:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I would like to clarify one thing. Your opinion on Greg is based on old podcast Beyond Videos? If so, he has changed so much since then, especially after IGN had him host Up At Noon. He has really toned down his hyper attitude. I remember old Beyond episodes where I felt like my headphones were going to be damaged by his yelling (slight sarcasm), but he's much more mellow than he was just three or four years ago. He's also had several life altering changes (divorce, cancer) that have shaped him into he is now. Every now and then, he'll revert to goofiness (which I do enjoy), but usually that happens when he's had a few beers to drink.

Choomp

Banned
I always feel the most bad for Tim tbh... I hope he doesn't take it too hard.

Tim and Nick always seem to be misunderstood with people who don't really follow KF. Sure, they're not experts in games like Greg and Colin are, but they still offer a lot to the conversation when needed and they're much needed different perspectives, especially in the stuff outside gaming.

Tim and Nick always seem to be misunderstood with people who don't really follow KF. Sure, they're not experts in games like Greg and Colin are, but they still offer a lot to the conversation when needed and they're much needed different perspectives, especially in the stuff outside gaming.

Also, just look at the snazzy animations that Nick added to the Intro of PS I Love You XOXO video. I don't think that if KF was only a joint venture between Colin and Greg that such sophisticated animations would exist. Greg even mentioned in today's C & G Live that Nick had to stay up all night or something just to perfect the animations. So, just because Tim and Nick aren't gaming pundits doesn't mean they are useless to the company. They both bring plenty of skills for behind the camera work.

Ledbetter

I just saw the PS I Love You video. I'm really looking forward to it as I didn't get to follow Beyond. I suppose this will be only Greg and Colin, right?

If you missed it and are not a patron at that level, you'll be locked out of the archive. I thought it was cool, but $15 is a tough pill to swallow. I know you also get the Colin and Greg Live Archives, the early episodes of GameOverGreggy Show/Gamescast (depending on which Patreon you sponsor) and the monthly Patreon exclusive episodes of GameOverGreggyShow/Gamescast (depending on which Patreon you sponsor). At $1 for each, I get the monthly exclusive episodes of GameOverGreggyShow/Gamescast. I'm also fine waiting until the following week for the GameOverGreggy Show/Gamescast segments and I watch Colin and Greg Live daily (never missed an episode). So, I'd basically be paying an extra $14 if I wanted to also get the Q&A videos. So, yeah. Tough pill to swallow.

Edit- I guess they didn't lock the archive after all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liv1x2yXIAg

Top Bottom