• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Where can I download the Kinda Funny Gamescast?

iTunes and Soundcloud (I think) for audio. Not sure if there are others. Like PS I Love You XOXO and The GameOverGreggy Show, Kinda Funny Gamescast is primarily a video podcast. Everything posts on their YouTube channels. GOG is on Kinda Funny Videos and PSILYXOXO/KFGC is on Kinda Funny Games. Also, every day on Twitch they do a live show called Colin and Greg Live, in which they discuss the news of video games, movies, sports, etc.

Also, each month, if you subscribe at the lowest level on either Patreon, you get an exclusive hour-ish long episode of GOG or KFCG (depending on which Patreon you support). You can also subscribe at a higher amount to get the regular podcasts a whole week early. I don't subscribe at that level, as I'm fine waiting for them to be broken into segments the following week.

I absolutely love these Layers of Fear videos.

Tim's scream was great. Man, Greg got him good!

Edit:

What? (From the GameTrailers closure thread)

So basically Kinda Funny tried to hook in people by saying they were going to talk about the closure of GameTrailers only to brag about themselves....you sort of expect that especially when it comes to Colin and oftentimes Greg...they are like right guard deodorant....anything less is just uncivilized...

Mezoly

Yeah, it was a weird thing for them to bring up since they were both on the record of not watching any GT stuff from recent years, so neither of them were overly familiar with the website, why would they bring it up to discuss??

I thinks it's a result of the GameCast topic structure. They wanted to talk about GT but they didn't have enough to say to fill out the 30 minute segment, so they padded it.

LiK

Yeah, it was a weird thing for them to bring up since they were both on the record of not watching any GT stuff from recent years, so neither of them were overly familiar with the website, why would they bring it up to discuss??

I dunno, I thought it was just a good discussion about what's been going on with game site closures recently. They had a good discussion and I liked learning about their business model.

LiK

catching up to Gamecasts and I'm listening to 2016 Most Anticipated games. Colin is like my twin. FFXV needs to be in my hands before I give a fuck as well. I'm also tired of them talking about it as well.

Karu

Brandon Jones is on the Gamecast next week. Might be one where I will take the plunge and pay the ominous dollar. Oo

I hate their over-complicated system sooo much, lol. :D But yes, you're right of course.

Yeah. For me, the $1 gets me everything I need. I don't care about getting the regular podcasts early. I just wait a few days more, so what? I don't need the Colin and Greg Live archives. I've yet to miss an episode. I'm kind of intrigued by the monthly Q&A's, but they feel very similar to their forum AMA's. I watched one Q&A when YouTube accidentally opened it to all. I'm quite satisfied with the forum AMA's as they are frequent enough. The only other thing I'm intrigued by is the KF: The Animated series behind the scenes, but not enough to pay that tier's amount. The $1 gets me every podcast and that's fine with me!

Was it the best idea for there to be two accounts: Kinda Funny and Kinda Funny Games? What benefits are there from separating content?

Was it the best idea for there to be two accounts: Kinda Funny and Kinda Funny Games? What benefits are there from separating content?

More revenue opportunities. Some people fund both. I support them for one dollar on each Patreon. Both monthly podcasts are worth it. They are usually much more loose than they typically are. Last month's GameOverGreggy Show exclusive was a 1 on 1 interview with Nick and his brother Matt.

LiK

Max Landis is gonna be on GameOnGreggy show. i find this man repugnant on Twitter so i'm curious if he's actually a cool guy IRL.

Max Landis is gonna be on GameOnGreggy show. i find this man repugnant on Twitter so i'm curious if he's actually a cool guy IRL.

All I know of him is his Superman rant (which I've never seen), but more recently, he was one of those people who ranted about the "unrealistic" development and progression of Rey throughout The Force Awakens (but LOVED Kylo Ren). Like multiple times, multiple videos. Never saw one of them. But I saw people call him out in many of the Star Wars forums over in Off-Topic. Apparently, he's one of those people who thinks she's too much of a "Mary-Sue" (apparently he was the main driver of that bandwagon). There is a thread (actually from a post that a mod loved so much, it was turned into its own thread) that absolutely destroys similar viewpoints: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161509&highlight=mary+sue (caution, there are Episode VII spoilers in there).

LiK

All I know of him is his Superman rant (which I've never seen), but more recently, he was one of those people who ranted about the "unrealistic" development and progression of Rey throughout The Force Awakens (but LOVED Kylo Ren). Like multiple times, multiple videos. Never saw one of them. But I saw people call him out in many of the Star Wars forums over in Off-Topic. Apparently, he's one of those people who thinks she's too much of a "Mary-Sue". There is a thread (actually from a post that a mod loved so much, it was turned into its own thread) that absolutely destroys similar viewpoints: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161509&highlight=mary+sue (caution, there are Episode VII spoilers in there).

yea, he bitches ALOT on Twitter. his most recent rant was about Firewatch. i don't follow him at all. i just see the RTs and what people post on GAF. curious if he's gonna be a whiny bitch on the show. if so, i wonder if Colin can take it, haha

yea, he bitches ALOT on Twitter. his most recent rant was about Firewatch. i don't follow him at all. i just see the RTs and what people post on GAF. curious if he's gonna be a whiny bitch on the show. if so, i wonder if Colin can take it, haha

Yeah, he can be quite controversial. But it's not that surprising. His father John was no stranger to controversy himself (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident). Such a stomach churning accident.

Myggen

Max Landis was great on the episode of RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst he was on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-3wkbqmgxs

They invited him to come on after he had called them out on Twitter for trashing the new Fantastic Four film (Landis wrote parts of that I think, but the movie was a clusterfuck that got rewritten multiple times by different people). Turned out to be one of the best episodes of that series and Landis was a fantastic guest. So I think it'll be okay.

Max Landis was great on the episode of RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst he was on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-3wkbqmgxs

They invited him to come on after he had called them out on Twitter for trashing the new Fantastic Four film (Landis wrote parts of that I think, but the movie was a clusterfuck that got rewritten multiple times by different people). Turned out to be one of the best episodes of that series and Landis was a fantastic guest. So I think it'll be okay.

Yeah, also he wrote the script for Josh Trank's (he was the director of Fantastic Four) movie Chronicle. Chronicle was well received. Fantastic Four...... well.... not so much. Sounds like Trank is a real piece of work.

RLM trashed American Ultra, which was written by Max and prompted his response. One of the things he's very outspoken about is how people are so quick to lay the blame of a bad movie on "the writing" without realizing how little control writers have over material once its in the hands of producers/directors/actors/literally anyone else.

Landis wrote a treatment for Fantastic Four he pitched but never turned into anything many years ago.

RLM trashed American Ultra, which was written by Max and prompted his response. One of the things he's very outspoken about is how people are so quick to lay the blame of a bad movie on "the writing" without realizing how little control writers have over material once its in the hands of producers/directors/actors/literally anyone else.

Landis wrote a treatment for Fantastic Four he pitched but never turned into anything many years ago.

Did you ever read the script he wrote for his vision of what a Super Mario Bros movie should be. It's really something else. http://www.maxlandiswrites.com/super-mario-world/

Myggen

Ah, forgot that it was American Ultra.

Man! This drought in C&G Live killing me! Almost as bad as during the holidays. Can't wait until Monday when Colin decides to speak about politics again and his thoughts on the indomitable position that Trump has now....

DKHF

The "for now" part of Colin's last tweet https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/705452049966764032 makes me think KF might be becoming part of Rooster Teeth... But it most likely means nothing, I just can't think of what KF shows they could be collaborating with them on with all 4 KF founders (and they haven't announced it as far as I know). Probably just new shows or something for Rooster Teeth's audience to give KF some exposure.

HAHAHAHA! The week there is no Colin and Greg Live, the Ghostbusters trailer is released, all the No Man's Sky stuff drops, it was announced that Legends of the Hidden Temple is being turned into a movie based on the game show, and more...

The guys need to get Kevin on screen on a more regular basis. Maybe get him on the Gamescast so it feels a little different from the other podcasts.

justjim89

Their casting discussion for a movie of MGS1 that went up today is fucking hilarious. Some bold decisions and some spot on.

-Ryan Gosling as Solid Snake
-Alexander Skarsgard as Liquid Snake/Miller
-Kurt Russel as Revolver Ocelot
-Paul Dano as Psycho Mantis
-Emma Watson as Meryl
-Grant Gustin as Otacon
-Rosario Dawson as Sniper Wolf (or Leonardo DiCaprio if he says yes)
-Ray Park as Gray Fox, voiced by Robert Paulsen
-Vin Diesel as Vulcan Raven (Dave Bautista as second choice)
-Robert Patrick as Roy Campbell
-Steve Harvey as DARPA Chief Donald Anderson
-John Goodman as Fatman in a post-credits stinger

I'd watch the fuck out of that movie.

Their casting discussion for a movie of MGS1 that went up today is fucking hilarious. Some bold decisions and some spot on.

-Ryan Gosling as Solid Snake
-Alexander Skarsgard as Liquid Snake/Miller
-Kurt Russel as Revolver Ocelot
-Paul Dano as Psycho Mantis
-Emma Watson as Meryl
-Grant Gustin as Otacon
-Rosario Dawson as Sniper Wolf (or Leonardo DiCaprio if he says yes)
-Ray Park as Gray Fox, voiced by Robert Paulsen
-Vin Diesel as Vulcan Raven (Dave Bautista as second choice)
-Robert Patrick as Roy Campbell
-Steve Harvey as DARPA Chief Donald Anderson
-John Goodman as Fatman in a post-credits stinger

I'd watch the fuck out of that movie.
The Jada/Jaden Smith comment towards the end was quite possibly the funniest thing ever.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
About 16 minutes into the most recent Kinda Funny episode (59), and I am really enjoying this one so far. Jeff Dunham is a fantastic guest, and the take and how he describes the imagination with horror games/movies, etc, is on point. Very good dialogue between everyone so far.

ST2K

About 16 minutes into the most recent Kinda Funny episode (59), and I am really enjoying this one so far. Jeff Dunham is a fantastic guest, and the take and how he describes the imagination with horror games/movies, etc, is on point. Very good dialogue between everyone so far.

He's not a ventriloquist. =P

And yeah, he's great to have on. His recent appearance made me remember how much I liked having him on Beyond back in the day.

Choomp

Banned
Love love Max Landis but can totally see where people are coming from when they say they don't like him. He's pretty damn opinionated, yet knowledgable, sometimes the way he presents what he says can get annoying. Just watched the Ghostbusters reacts and the guy knows his stuff. Excited for the GOG ep with him in it

Wow. I follow a youtuber named Anna Akana who used to do a podcast, and Max Landis (who is her boyfriend's best friend) came on as a guest before. Cool to see him here now too. Haven't watched this episode yet, but some commenters did take issue with him Anna's podcast. I think he's fine, just really passionate lol. (Well I don't know exactly what he's like in whatever KF video he's in, just speaking from the past time I saw him)

Top Bottom