• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

See it's not been posted here, so just incase left the PSILY thread, PSILY has been delayed this week to Wed (5th) morning no more specific time, this is due to a "game" embargo but unless something major is being announced from Sony's 1st party can't see them delaying too early for Gravity Rush or Last Gaurdian coverage so everyone thinks it will be PSVR embargo which seems to line up with other rumors. Likely will miss it till thurday unless before 5am PT/1pm GMT as off to see Erick Castro and his film! Anyone dont panic when it does not turn up tonight!

The debate talk on GameOverGreggy was bleh. Only good discussion point was how the left should not feel complacent. But he completely ignored Tim's valid criticism of people calling both Clinton and Trump evil. Saying "it's just the wording" is tossing out the entire argument. People truly believe that she is evil. Look at the hashtag #IGuessImWithHer

See it's not been posted here, so just incase left the PSILY thread, PSILY has been delayed this week to Wed (5th) morning no more specific time, this is due to a "game" embargo but unless something major is being announced from Sony's 1st party can't see them delaying too early for Gravity Rush or Last Gaurdian coverage so everyone thinks it will be PSVR embargo which seems to line up with other rumors. Likely will miss it till thurday unless before 5am PT/1pm GMT as off to see Erick Castro and his film! Anyone dont panic when it does not turn up tonight!

The PSNation podcast is also delayed to tomorrow and they specifically said the PSVR embargo lifts tomorrow.

Edit- Tim announced during Colin and Greg Live that Love and Sex Stuff and Kinda Funny Doodles (after this Friday's upcoming episode) will both go on hiatus. He said an official announcement will be made about the next stage of Kinda Funny. I guess we have new shows to look forward to.

I wonder how Kinda Funny's setup will compare to Giant Bomb for the PSVR livestream.

They never said they were doing a stream. I think all they confirmed was the podcast will be out later today. Usually they announce streams beforehand (a la their GeOW 4 stream for next week). Besides, they don't have a proper set-up just yet for VR (unless they focus on sitting games). They have room for a second studio, which they said could be used for VR content, but I don't think it's ready yet.

Volotaire

They never said they were doing a stream. I think all they confirmed was the podcast will be out later today. Usually they announce streams beforehand (a la their GeOW 4 stream for next week). Besides, they don't have a proper set-up just yet for VR (unless they focus on sitting games). They have room for a second studio, which they said could be used for VR content, but I don't think it's ready yet.

Oh, that's a shame.

sora87

Man, I had to bail on C&G live today, Colin once again pushing this non-agenda that VR is the saving grace of games and we need this to experience games. "Shun the non-believers! You may never be immersed again!"
Had enough of it on psiloveyou.

On the other hand Tim and Kevin live yesterday was jolly as fuck, loved it.

ghornett

Neo Member
Is it just me or did Twitch not archive the C&G from today?

edit: Had to use a direct link to find it. Wasn't showing up under Past Broadcasts on iPad. Twitch is showing the feed as 13 hours, not sure if that has to do with it.

Is it just me or did Twitch not archive the C&G from today?

edit: Had to use a direct link to find it. Wasn't showing up under Past Broadcasts on iPad. Twitch is showing the feed as 13 hours, not sure if that has to do with it.

I had the same issue LewTurbo sent me the link. Twitch was messing up that day. Was one of the rare times i ever miss Colin and Greg live but was for a Kinda Funny reason so all cool.

sora87

I really think they should let Tim and Nick have a day on twitch per week, Tim and Nick Live, they delve in to a lot of stuff Colin and Greg don't and offer funny perspectives on it, plus they're just so hilarious together

Will be a big Colin and Greg Live tomorrow. The NX is getting a teaser from Nintendo at 10:00 Eastern and Red Dead Redemption 2's trailer hits at 11:00 Eastern. Lots to discuss!

Will be a big Colin and Greg Live tomorrow. The NX is getting a teaser from Nintendo at 10:00 Eastern and Red Dead Redemption 2's trailer hits at 11:00 Eastern. Lots to discuss!

So which is the 1st Story on Colin and Greg live is my question, think it will be NX but not due to quality due to issues with it/discussion but don't know i expect a bombshell trailer from Rockstar not so much from Nintendo. Oh this its going to be a good show tonight my trains better not be delayed.

Karu

So the current Gamescast guest and his topics are awesome, but... Sparcade sounds... not that great and he didn't really sell me enough on why it differs from the mobile games they talk trash about minutes prior. the emphasis being on "not enough".

ST2K

So the current Gamescast guest and his topics are awesome, but... Sparcade sounds... not that great and he didn't really sell me enough on why it differs from the mobile games they talk trash about minutes prior. the emphasis being on "not enough".

Yeah, it was amusing to hear talk about how F2P is not economically feasible and then he pitches a F2P game minutes later. =P

That aside though, that might be the best Gamescast episode just because of the XBLA talk. So smart to have the hosts get out of the way and just let him talk about inside baseball stuff that we never get to hear about.

On the topic of Switch, I don't understand Colin's opinions. Why is the name bad? Why would you expect a portable to have a 500GB HDD that's bigger than the system itself? Would love for him to expound on those thoughts.

Mezoly

Yeah, it was amusing to hear talk about how F2P is not economically feasible and then he pitches a F2P game minutes later. =P

That aside though, that might be the best Gamescast episode just because of the XBLA talk. So smart to have the hosts get out of the way and just let him talk about inside baseball stuff that we never get to hear about.

On the topic of Switch, I don't understand Colin's opinions. Why is the name bad? Why would you expect a portable to have a 500GB HDD that's bigger than the system itself? Would love for him to expound on those thoughts.

Switch is bad name for me because it won't be the first result when you search. At gathering when you say I'm using Switch you will need to explain it. It's a verb not a noun.

While 500gb is excessive for tablet. 32 GB is tiny for a home console.

Maximo

Colin isn't happy with the Switch?

Sur-fucking-prise. Dude is getting angrier and more bitter as time goes by.

Errr... he seemed happy with the switch just wants to wait and see for more info, just thinks the name is dumb he said *Im back in* in regards to Nintendo.

ST2K

Switch is bad name for me because it won't be the first result when you search. At gathering when you say I'm using Switch you will need to explain it. It's a verb not a noun.

I guess, though I think if you call it "Nintendo Switch" that should pull up easily enough.

And while I get that 32GB is small for a home console, it is a pretty standard amount for most portable devices like phones/tablets. And that is what the device is at the end of the day, since it has to be fully operable away from a TV. It's simply unfeasible to have a device that can be portable also having a large HDD on board. 32GB would only be ruinous if there was no expandable memory options, and based off Nintendo's history, I'm sure that won't be the case.

Colin isn't happy with the Switch?

Sur-fucking-prise. Dude is getting angrier and more bitter as time goes by.

His overall impressions were positive, he just had a few strange nitpicks that I didn't get.

N° 2048

I guess, though I think if you call it "Nintendo Switch" that should pull up easily enough.

And while I get that 32GB is small for a home console, it is a pretty standard amount for most portable devices like phones/tablets. And that is what the device is at the end of the day, since it has to be fully operable away from a TV. It's simply unfeasible to have a device that can be portable also having a large HDD on board. 32GB would only be ruinous if there was no expandable memory options, and based off Nintendo's history, I'm sure that won't be the case.

Nintendo games are small as well, I've been at work so I have to see if specs are out but if NS has SD Card support then a 128GBExternal + 32 GBInternal should be enough for most people.

and nobody get me wrong, I love Colin.

Mezoly

Nintendo games are small as well, I've been at work so I have to see if specs are out but if NS has SD Card support then a 128GBExternal + 32 GBInternal should be enough for most people.

and nobody get me wrong, I love Colin.

Third party games are not small though. HD games are getting bigger in size.

sora87

Now that was a good Gamescast (minus the mafia 3 review as it was just a retread of what Colin has already said on C&GL and PSILY).

More of that please.

Colin is right, the name is bad. But having that be the worst thing about it at this point is fantastic.

Well, he sorta said that with an asterisk. He said closer to launch Nintendo could reveal all information about the system, including negative aspects, such as battery life and price. He said he hopes they learned from Sony's mistakes with Vita and how they eventually revealed the more negative stuff well after the system was revealed (especially the price of memory cards).

Yeah it is really bad for search engine optimisation (SEO), and there are already Nintendo switch product some old tv singal switcher for n64 or something. God there are so many uses for the word Switch is also a name for a internet hub etc, so when you google switch gaming get a lot of results for that.

Typing switch into amazon returns a lot of network equipement and light switchs etc.

I don't mind the name but as a person that works on Internet site/branding etc really is awful from and SEO stand point, atleast vita, 3ds, wii u, playstation, xbox etc are all unique terms and easy to search for without loads of irrelivant results

Karu

Tim was on Jared Petty's Pockets Full of Soup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1WkA7JNWsk
Colin and Tim are the two people of KF I can listen to endlessly when they dive into their lives. Great episode!

It's hard to listen to Part 2 of this weeks GOG, how they blast Matt Scarpino on his Patreon is so cringey and uncomfortable, haha. Part 1 - opposed to the general consensus of the YT comment section - was awesome, tho. Colin was dead-on with his take on a certain, big part of Trump-voters.

ghornett

Neo Member
Looks like twitch missed the archive again. Hmm
edit: Checked twitter after and saw the post, well two to watch tomorrow night hopefully.

Looks like twitch missed the archive again. Hmm
edit: Checked twitter after and saw the post, well two to watch tomorrow night hopefully.

I only saw that it was lost was there an update? sucks i caught it live as i usually do, but live in the UK so is 7pm so not an issue. Only missed 2 in the last few months one was to go see Nick Scarpino in a pub and the other was to go and see Erick Castros film and go drinking all night :)

ghornett

Neo Member
Watching today's episode & it's sort of crazy to me that they don't archive the shows locally. From what I understand, Colin is saying they upload the YouTube C&G's directly from the Twitch archives. There is no copy at the studio. Their content is everything, and they really should have back ups of back ups. It would be relatively cheap to invest in a RAID to make sure this never happens again. I know it's just one episode and by no means the end of the world, just a suggestion.

Watching today's episode & it's sort of crazy to me that they don't archive the shows locally. From what I understand, Colin is saying they upload the YouTube C&G's directly from the Twitch archives. There is no copy at the studio. Their content is everything, and they really should have back ups of back ups. It would be relatively cheap to invest in a RAID to make sure this never happens again. I know it's just one episode and by no means the end of the world, just a suggestion.

I said in the Colin and Greg Live chat yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fan that made their own back-ups. Perhaps they should reach out to the community to see if that is the case.

Hi All European watchers of Colin and Greg live (and other content) with the clocks changing everything goes live 1 hour ealier this week, will be back to normal next week when the US also changes there clocks so instead of 7pm in the UK C&G live will now start at 6pm which is a real bummer for me as dont get home to 6:45 on a good day. Hope the archives work this week!

I do think the tweets were somewhat tasteless (and ill timed, as others have said, with Remembrance Day (Veterans Day in the US) happening next week), but I do see Colin's point in that many people that are up in arms about the tweets seem to have no qualms with the game itself. Having not played the game yet, I can't say whether the game does an adequate job honoring/conveying the horrors/sacrifices of the war (though I've heard it does a fine job). The fact of the matter is many people will simply gloss over that story stuff and play the game as any multiplayer game and only care about their K/D ratio, ranking, etc. Colin sort of had a good point in that people seem to be less offended when someone jokes about 9/11 (something very recent in our history) than some have with Battlefield 1, which covers a war that affected very few people alive today. Though, I would be interested what would happen if someone made a 9/11 video game and what the reception from gamers and the industry in general would be.

Portugeezer

People don't want to stand for anything with real meaning. Get offended by BF1 tweets but don't want to stand for it and not buy BF1 or sell their copy due to offence, no, we need an apology or something because people still want to play BF1 and feel good about it, despite the huge offence they supposedly felt about the tweets.

Whilst I agree the tweets were tasteless, all I could think is so what, so fucking what? Which is why I didn't post in that thread in Gaming. I have to agree with Colin on this one, but this had nothing to do with alt-right which seems to get brought up a lot whenever someone doesn't conform to the standard PC nature of society.

Anyway, just saw they are going to have a panel at PSX, gives me hope that there will be some big announcements there.

Choomp

Banned
Yep, that stream was a lot of fun. A lot of people didn't seem to like it but I was especially fond of the watch a long bit, I've always loved the idea of doing something like that.

Top Bottom