• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

So, I was listening to this weeks live Giant Bombcast and they had a bit of news that makes it seem like the PSN name changes are coming. I'm paraphrasing here, but it sounds like the way PSN looks up accounts is changing and they speculate that with PSX coming in mere weeks that there will be a PSN Name Change announcement there. Hail Shuhei!

More on that here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1314948&highlight=psn

I hope it's announced at the PS I Love You XOXO panel and Greg says to Shuhei, "Please, Shuhei, let us change our names!" and Shu would respond with "Alright".

As awesome as that would be, I can't see them not having that announcment at the keynote.

Does anyone find it weird they did not talk about the PSN Name Change stuff at all on Colin and Greg Live today or on Twitter? What did Shu tell them at dinner the other night!?

Edit- Whoops. Double post.

Reading the PS I Love You thread, and just how many people are growing tired of Colin (and to a lesser extent, Greg), it's really undeniable that something has changed with these guys. This will be interesting to watch it play out!

RoKKeR

Why has the PSILY thread just turned to shitting on the podcast, the guys, and promoting other podcasts? Weird vibe.

Reading the PS I Love You thread, and just how many people are growing tired of Colin (and to a lesser extent, Greg), it's really undeniable that something has changed with these guys. This will be interesting to watch it play out!
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I haven't perceived some big "change" or anything like that. I might not always agree with the guys or may take an issue with the way they present something, but has there been some dramatic shift in the way they do things? Not that I can tell.

Maximo

Nothing has changed Colins political view just has rubbed people the wrong way.

Why has the PSILY thread just turned to shitting on the podcast, the guys, and promoting other podcasts? Weird vibe.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I haven't perceived some big "change" or anything like that. I might not always agree with the guys or may take an issue with the way they present something, but has there been some dramatic shift in the way they do things? Not that I can tell.

I think everybody has gotten sick of Colin's constant negativity. How many times can we listen to him say U N F O R C E D E R R O R and how Sony are completely fucking awful?

killroy87

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I haven't perceived some big "change" or anything like that.

Nothing has changed Colins political view just has rubbed people the wrong way.

I think everybody has gotten sick of Colin's constant negativity. How many times can we listen to him say U N F O R C E D E R R O R and how Sony are completely fucking awful?

My main beef isn't his political views (I vehemently disagree, but I've stuck with creative types with far worse views than him), it's that the Kinda Funny content output has become incredibly stale, and it's almost completely propped up by podcast/commentary programming that just exacerbates Colin's negativity. No group of humans have enough of a rapport to prop up two full length podcasts, and an hour long daily live show. And take all that content away, and the games-related content left is very minimal.

My main beef isn't his political views (I vehemently disagree, but I've stuck with creative types with far worse views than him), it's that the Kinda Funny content output has become incredibly stale, and it's almost completely propped up by podcast/commentary programming that just exacerbates Colin's negativity. No group of humans have enough of a rapport to prop up two full length podcasts, and an hour long daily live show. And take all that content away, and the games-related content left is very minimal.

Colin actually does three full length podcasts + Colin & Greg Live, which makes it even worse.

Well, hopefully they can bring on another person. Or, like I said earlier, another Kevin. With just one Kevin, they really can't do multiple things at once. If they got another behind the scenes person, you could have one video with Colin and Greg, and at the same time, another one with Tim and Nick. And both could be done at the same time. That would increase the volume of production, without really increasing their workload.

Maximo

Well, hopefully they can bring on another person. Or, like I said earlier, another Kevin. With just one Kevin, they really can't do multiple things at once. If they got another behind the scenes person, you could have one video with Colin and Greg, and at the same time, another one with Tim and Nick. And both could be done at the same time. That would increase the volume of production, without really increasing their workload.

Would love if they had someone else and Kevin joined in more as a full time podcaster rather then behind the scenes joining in now and then.

Well shit I don't watch the Youtube versions anymore he sometimes wears a suit? Need more fancy Kev Dog.

Nick + Anyone is a good combo.

I think the Nick + Tim combo on Colin & Greg Live is great. Whenever I get a chance to see them together, they never fail to entertain.

shira

So the upcoming GoG this week is almost 3 hours.

Enjoy folks!

Wow these guys are fucking assholes when it comes to pest control.

- Slitting a possum's throat
- RAID spraying a mousetrapped mouse to kill it then throwing it from the 3rd floor

Why didn't their producer cut them off

Colin seems to having a fantastic Thanksgiving break. I also can't wait to hear stories from Greg's Thanksgiving (he was invited to join Kevin's family).

RoKKeR

All of the podcasts this week have no Colin... hopefully he comes back recharged from the break and everybody can take a breather with all of that in the PSILY thread.

In other news, the Gamescast video for today has almost 3 minutes of ads, which is getting a deserved amount of attention in the comments/likes. I also noticed that there was an ad-read in the middle of C&GL today, something I had not picked up on before. There's definitely been an uptick in ad content recently...

Maximo

All of the podcasts this week have no Colin... hopefully he comes back recharged from the break and everybody can take a breather with all of that in the PSILY thread.

In other news, the Gamescast video for today has almost 3 minutes of ads, which is getting a deserved amount of attention in the comments/likes. I also noticed that there was an ad-read in the middle of C&GL today, something I had not picked up on before. There's definitely been an uptick in ad content recently...

Its December its when Youtubers make the most money, so alot sadly are whoring out, understandable since other months they can make jack shit just some make it obvious.

ST2K

KFG exclusive cast this month isn't good. I'll stop supporting that Patreon if they don't show how they're improving it during the 1 year anniversary celebration. The whole channel is just clearly uninspired and shows no signs of improving at this point.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I largely don't care about the ads? It seems like many people are upset at the principle. I guess I just take a more practical approach to this situation. I mean, I skip the ads most of the time anyway. Having 2 ads at the beginning makes absolutely no difference to me in terms of just skipping them. When I don't skip them, it's because I choose to watch them for the entertainment factor, since they at least try to add some flair to them.

I also think it's weird to complain about the ads not being video game centric or something. It's not like the audience has no other interests or needs outside of video games. I can't really take issue with that unless they advertise something that's blatantly malicious or "fake".

mdubs

Banned
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I largely don't care about the ads? It seems like many people are upset at the principle. I guess I just take a more practical approach to this situation. I mean, I skip the ads most of the time anyway. Having 2 ads at the beginning makes absolutely no difference to me in terms of just skipping them. When I don't skip them, it's because I choose to watch them for the entertainment factor, since they at least try to add some flair to them.

I also think it's weird to complain about the ads not being video game centric or something. It's not like the audience has no other interests or needs outside of video games. I can't really take issue with that unless they advertise something that's blatantly malicious or "fake".

Like I understand that having two ads from them before a video is probably excessive, but the complaints about the types of ads I see in the youtube comments are stupid. Do people who play video games not eat steak or need mattresses?

Top Bottom