• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Them draw game animations, can't wait to try MuiMui.

Also, new shot:

Ralf has come a long way since his first reveal, the arms/muscles in particular look so much better. Is that a new punch normal/special? Looks like he and Clark will be sharing very little this time around, if anything.

is that Heidern?

Stumbled across a perfect condition used copy of KOF12 for just 100Y today... yes that's about all it's worth after 13... but it's still nice to have it back in my collection, this time for PS3 after i gave my 360 away after moving to Japan.

Anyway, playing both of those recently, of course they have the fantastic sprite work, and look great overall... but there are some things that hold them back, and 14 does better i think. Some characters being uncharacteristically bulky, and there being too much animation in the backgrounds have been noted before. But, my personal pet peeve is the use of color. They got the backgrounds looking plenty nice, but the default character colors are a combination of desaturated clothes and burnt skin.

You can fix a few using the colour edit but it's not always perfect. And on some stages (worse in 12) there are huge shadows that dull the characters even more and make them blend into the background too much, and lighting that alters the character colors further with glows.

I'm glad 14 has the typical bright colors back, so the characters are easily distinguishable from the backgrounds. None of this stage shadows and glow garbage, and the stages themselves have an amount of animation much closer to the original games. I haven't counted, but i think we've already seen more stages than 13 had too - lack of stages would be really apparent with a roster this big. Overall i think there are more good ones than 13, which has a few really plain looking backgrounds.

Playing 12, i do like seeing those sprites at full size, pixels and all... allows you to catch more of the detail. But, the game was definitely played better with zoomed out characters in 13 (this isn't AoF!), so i'm glad that was retained in 14 too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ci0SJFyVEAET5OT.jpg:large

Ci3L4K-UoAEmGvH.jpg:large

The first was basically a re-post from other sites (that SNK later posted themselves), but this next one is new I believe.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Because shoulder flesh is sexy? It's not like that's a style you don't see actual women of a variety of ages wear...

Maybe they'll even do some nice texture trickery to either give fishnet-style covering, sheer fabric, or just flat sleeve-color, to make the sleeve appear full.

Better to have these little details, and be able to manipulate them, than to not have them, and have to add them in later.

JayEH

They have characters they haven't even shown off yet in that build lol.

Are those three character portraits available to download?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Have fun lupinko! (T_T) Wish they'd have something nice and local to me in NC USA, lol. I went a few hours north to play KoF XIII at Otakon before it's release, wonder if I'll get the chance to do that for XIV, ha.

They have characters they haven't even shown off yet in that build lol.

That's he first thing I wanted to say too... then I looked at the pic and noticed it's 48 images character images, lol. 12 of those most likely WON'T be there! ;-)

That's still a huge amount. Should be most of the people we've seen so far.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like how the skull aura flame translates into 3D

it doesn't look garbage like in the Capcom games

A 36 character build?

Hmmm. Give me everyone that's had gameplay revealed so far. Mainly because I want to see these characters have their movelists added to the official website. I think we'll get Maxima, Daimon, Geese, Joe, Ralf, Mature, Angel, Nakoruru, Muimui, Kukri, Chin and Shun'Ei.

EDIT: I forgot King wasn't part of the 24 character build. Uh...maybe replace Joe with King?

BadWolf

Kim's air EX Hangetsuzan doesn't seem to combo like it did in XIII so Xiao Hai is dropping his max combos.

Xiao Hai also making Luong look good. Her normals look great for keeping the opponent out and her flick kick cancels make her offense really fast.

He is also making use of raw max activation.

Top Bottom