• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

How people like Monstro is just shocking to me. Worst world out of them all. Didn't like the movie anyways. :p

How can you not like Pinocchio?!? That's one of the best Disney masterpiece.

Despite the fun Ursula fights, Atlantica's easily the worst one for me. Never had a problems with the controls so much as the incredibly confusing world layout. Also, while I consider the original KH score to be one of Shimomura's finest, her rendition of Under the Sea is the textbook definition of torture.

Despite the fun Ursula fights, Atlantica's easily the worst one for me. Never had a problems with the controls so much as the incredibly confusing world layout. Also, while I consider the original KH score to be one of Shimomura's finest, her rendition of Under the Sea is the textbook definition of torture.

Worse in KH2 with
singing minigames.

Bladenic

Blasphemy. Under The Sea is amazingly catchy.

Also I HATE the Guard Armor Re-color. The original was awesome, iconic, and way better.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If you're attending the launch event at Downtown Disney on Sunday, the venue has changed and they're giving out some collector's pins to the first 2,000 people to make up for it

***NEW LOCATION UPDATE***

Hi KINGDOM HEARTS fans,

The location of the KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX official launch event is changing locations. There have been a number of issues we have run into in this past couple of days. Combined with an overwhelmingly positive response in RSVPs as well as the unbearable heat in the Southern California area, we will be moving locations to a much larger and cooler space at the ANAHEIM MARRIOTT in the PLATINUM BALLROOM.

To make it up to you, our cherished fans, we will be giving out a FREE KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Disney Collector Pin to the first 2,000 attendees.

We sincerely apologize for everyone out there that was looking forward to attending the event and made plans for the Downtown Disney location, but not to worry -- we’ll only be about a mile away…1.2 miles away to be exact.

We value each and every one of you in KINGDOM HEARTS community greatly and we guarantee that this will still be an amazing event you will absolutely not want to miss out on. We will still be selling the game two days before launch, you will still be able to take a picture with the one and only Kingdom Keyblade, and you’ll still have opportunities to win some fantastic prizes!

We hope that you can all help us spread the word to friends, family, neighbors, your pet chickadee named Roxas, or anyone else you know going to the event and let them know the location has changed.

Again, we’re sorry for the last minute notice and we hope to see you all at the Anaheim Marriott!

Parking fees will apply.

Psxphile

Blasphemy. Under The Sea is amazingly catchy.

Also I HATE the Guard Armor Re-color. The original was awesome, iconic, and way better.

It'd be weird fighting it again in Re:CoM in its original color scheme after being subjected to the "remix" in Final Mix. :p Where's the consistency?

If you're attending the launch event at Downtown Disney on Sunday, the venue has changed and they're giving out some collector's pins to the first 2,000 people to make up for it

Good on them. The heat's been pretty bad here in SoCal. And of course there's crazy weather patterns where it looks like rain and complete overcast and then nothing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SO MUCH HYPE. Just pre-ordered this at my store, limited edition for $30. Best shit I've ever done.

Hyyyyype. Please be as good as it was when I played it 10 (?) years ago!

Cels

always hated neverland (flight controls), atlantica (underwater controls), and wonderland (constricted space=>horrible camera)

Groof

Got this on pre-order from Amazon and while it probably won't be here on launch day, I don't really care either. Really looking forward to playing KH1 again, still the only game in the series I really like!

I tried the Ursula fight last weekend because my sister was having issues with it...I really don't like fighting underwater...I might skip that world just like I did the first time I beat the game.

This will be the game to temporarily get me to stop playing XIV so much.

also

Banned
This is actually kind of disappointing to me. 358/2 seems like it has a rather interesting story (Xion love aside), and I was hoping the movie would capture that.

Yeah, it was such a let down when I went on You Tube to check how they handled the final few days. I really thought that since Nomura first considered doing a full remake of Days, they would put a little more effort into the movie :/

Days has the best story out of all the KH games so I can't stress enough that you should definitely experience it the way it's meant to be, if you can.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Disney Collector Pin? Okay, I'm really interested in knowing what it looks like.

....oh god I sure hope I'm not gonna get addicted to them after getting the Ducktales Remastered one.

The Lamp

Why isn't this on 360 too? Is it Sony property?

No, but these games were exclusively on PS2 and Square Enix could hardly be bothered to bring them to the United States in the past, let alone create the compilation for a console that has flopped in their home country (360).

RPGCrazied

Is the NA package different? I just called my gamestop to see if it was to late to get it in store, and he told me I could still preorder but not get the artbook. So it doesn't look like the EU package?

Bladenic

Yeah, it was such a let down when I went on You Tube to check how they handled the final few days. I really thought that since Nomura first considered doing a full remake of Days, they would put a little more effort into the movie :/

Days has the best story out of all the KH games so I can't stress enough that you should definitely experience it the way it's meant to be, if you can.

I don't like Days at all, but an HD version could have gone a very long way to making the game a lot better than it is. Shame.

RPGCrazied

Must be 2 SKU's then. One with the artbook style case with the dynamic theme, and one with just a regular case and no dynamic theme.

Psxphile

I don't like Days at all, but an HD version could have gone a very long way to making the game a lot better than it is. Shame.

Don't worry. After 2.5 ships they'll announce the ReMix Final Mix version for all platforms. Playable Days for all! :p

MarkusRJR

So... what are the chances of KH2 getting an HD remaster? This will be my first time playing KH but I know I already want KH2, yet I don't own a PS2.

Hystzen

The only thing I wonder is 2.5 going be a PS3 or PS4 game. Be odd to have part 1 of HD collection on one console then part 2 on the other

Trust SE to put release day review embargo on HD collection.

I am interested to see how well the reviews think KH1 holds up as a game.

Trust SE to put release day review embargo on HD collection.

I am interested to see how well the reviews think KH1 holds up as a game.

I'm so, so curious to see how much Combo Master affects the KH1 gameplay, especially with the many fantastic combo starters and finishers that Final Mix adds to the game.

Triangle for special combat moves will make a lot of moves much easier to pull off more frequently (not to mention it'll make the Mysterious Figure/Xemnas battle play pretty differently with regard to that one move that traps you and forces you to roulette your way out).

Basically the only thing that the review embargo is achieving is stopping us from knowing about whether the difficulty trophy stacking issue is fixed. >:-|

I'm so, so curious to see how much Combo Master affects the KH1 gameplay, especially with the many fantastic combo starters and finishers that Final Mix adds to the game.
Wonderfully.

No more dropped air combos due to the silly knockback of Aerial Sweep.
You can throw a Ripple Drive under a Wyvern.
You can chase a flying enemy off an edge into an aerial dance.
You can chain combo after an enemy dies on you and the second one is far.
Easier air counters.

Just impulse ordered the Limited Edition. Will be fun to play through the Final Mix version, played the original 10 times or so :p

Tagg9

Just a reminder that Sora is up on the GameFAQs character battle. He's losing to Pikachu and could use some more votes...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got a call from "Ivy" at GameStop tell me "Kingdom Hearts 1.5" will arrive Tuesday morning. Probably will pick it up before class & check the artbook out while I wait.

JosiahB

Could someone that pre ordered the game on Amazon with the art book tell me if the game shows up as just "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix" and not "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - Limited Edition" (as it shows up on the product page after the art book sold out) in your invoice?

For some reason Amazon had an issue using my debit card, and after changing payment options the delivery estimate changed to the 12th, instead of the 10th. I'm just worried that I got pushed to the back of the line when changing my payment method...

RPGCrazied

Could someone that pre ordered the game on Amazon with the art book tell me if the game shows up as just "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix" and not "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - Limited Edition" (as it shows up on the product page after the art book sold out) in your invoice?

For some reason Amazon had an issue using my debit card, and after changing payment options the delivery estimate changed to the 12th, instead of the 10th. I'm just worried that I got pushed to the back of the line when changing my payment method...

Mine just says:

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$39.96

I've had it on order since May 7th.

I'll be a mad puppy if I don't get the artbook style case. I ordered it the day they announced this LE.

Top Bottom