• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

PureGone

Banned
The only 2 KH games i have played are BBS and the first one. On BBS my save got curropted on my PSP and i never went back and on KH1 i got to the desert place and then found the game boring and stopped playing. Cant wait to give the series another shot.

Eknots

Just went and pre-ordered it on a whim, hopefully it will be good. Only played up until the hercules part of KH1 then never played another one.

Oh damn it! I decided to check this thread since the game comes out in a couple days. I had NO IDEA that launch event was even a thing. I'm literally 15 minutes away from Disneyland, and had jack shit to do today.

Fuckkkkkkk

lEKW7Ei.jpg

Managed to get the game! The pins ran out before I got inside, though.

Seda

I got day one shipping from Amazon and it still hasn't shipped yet... are my chances of getting it on launch day woefully low now? ):

Same for me, but I'm not too worried. Oftentimes a game doesn't ship until the day before but I still always gets Amazon pre-orders on release day.

I'm unreasonably excited to play a game I've played several times before. 2 more days.

CRS

What are the chances there's a price drop for the PS3 within 6 months? Maybe a year?

If there isn't a price drop anytime soon, I might buy one for this game or maybe even the GTA V PS3. Sorry for asking here but I've been out of the gaming loop for so long that I really have no idea.

An-Det

I got day one shipping from Amazon and it still hasn't shipped yet... are my chances of getting it on launch day woefully low now? ):

You're fine. For preorders Amazon usually ships on Monday and it's delivered Tuesday for release. Mine is the same, still saying "not shipped", I wouldn't be worried at all.

dropbear

Banned
Can someone fill me in on this release?

KH is one of my personal favorite series, though sadly I've procrastinated on pre-ordering this.

I see Amazon has a regular and limited edition - what's the difference? I'd love all of the extra stuff I see people posting, but I'm unsure what to order.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can someone fill me in on this release?

KH is one of my personal favorite series, though sadly I've procrastinated on pre-ordering this.

I see Amazon has a regular and limited edition - what's the difference? I'd love all of the extra stuff I see people posting, but I'm unsure what to order.
LE comes with an art book.

sappyday

Amazon already charged me for the game today and it says that they are shipping it now but it isn't shipped just yet.

Cheska

Was there an agreement regarding adding a little info regarding the first choices in the game to the OP? I'm sure the pages will be flooded with: "which weapon do I choose?" once the game is released..

What are the chances there's a price drop for the PS3 within 6 months? Maybe a year?

If there isn't a price drop anytime soon, I might buy one for this game or maybe even the GTA V PS3. Sorry for asking here but I've been out of the gaming loop for so long that I really have no idea.

I still have this suspicion that this game will get a PS4 version.

I would just get a PS4

I usually do Sword and then Shield, but I think I'm gonna do Staff and the Sword for KH1.

Since I got the email confirmation of the game shipping, I've gotten even more excited. Monday and Tuesday are both going to be very long days.

Rootbeer

Banned
Count me among the "amazon hasn't started shipping my order yet" crowd, but I'm not worried. These days things tend to ship one day and arrive the next day, even though technically Prime is "two-day shipping" they are trying to improve it to "one-day shipping", that is, if you live close enough to one of their warehouses. They will start touting this advantage of Prime soon.

Anyway even if I'm wrong and it does not arrive on Tues, I'll just play ARR till it gets here :3 SE is starting to get back into my good graces now, what with ARR being so fun and with the announcements of the Bravely Default improvements coming to the NA/EU version. Hope it's a good sign for next gen.

About #teamstaff, okay, i'll admit it, when I first played KH as a kid when it came out, I went sword. I might go staff this time for the first time ever.

I still have this suspicion that this game will get a PS4 version.

I would just get a PS4

maybe... but if it happens, I'm thinking not until KH 2.5 is released so they can release it as a bundle. Just before KH3, of course.

Psxphile

Was there an agreement regarding adding a little info regarding the first choices in the game to the OP? I'm sure the pages will be flooded with: "which weapon do I choose?" once the game is released..

OP got you covered:

Q: Which weapon do I choose in the intro sequence?
A: Staff always.

"But what about..."
"STAFF."
"... but..."
"STAAAAAAAAFFFFFFF--"

EDIT: oh that wasn't there before? must've just caught it as it was added.

My biggest problem with Kingdom Hearts when I first started was my lack of knowledge about equipping abilities. I had a hard time getting through bosses and enemies since all I ever did was attack, heal, magic, or summon. Granted, I was only a little kid back then, but man, if only I knew. I wouldn't have hated Kingdom Hearts before I started loving it.

My biggest problem with Kingdom Hearts when I first started was my lack of knowledge about equipping abilities. I had a hard time getting through bosses and enemies since all I ever did was attack, heal, magic, or summon. Granted, I was only a little kid back then, but man, if only I knew. I wouldn't have hated Kingdom Hearts before I started loving it.

I was exactly the same.

I don't think I've ever used a non-magic/basic attack/summon ability in the first Kingdom Hearts. It's going to be nice going back to it like nine years later and actually using that stuff.

Tagg9

I was exactly the same.

I don't think I've ever used a non-magic/basic attack/summon ability in the first Kingdom Hearts. It's going to be nice going back to it like nine years later and actually using that stuff.

Man, we were such dumb kids. I was the same way lol.

I'm curious to find out how difficult the game is compared with what I remember.

Seda

So if you take staff, what do you give up?

I believe what you give up only has a small effect on your stats. Nothing major like item slots, MP, or ability order. I choose to give up sword usually as the majority of my damage is from magic anyway and defense is always good to have.

Can you still select abilities with the right stick? Like, hold a button down to switch between menu and camera controls?
I really hated how you couldn't run and select attacks in 2 :(

I was exactly the same.

Kingdom Hearts is the only game in the series I haven't beaten on my own. This going to be one heck of a ride.

Dreamer RD

Haven't played first KH since 2003. Stuck in Traverse Town, had to go to gamefaqs and read walkthrough LOL.
HD version is gorgeous. Now I see why Kagari said that it's the best HD remaster.

FSLink

Banned
Is there a hi-res version of that art on the poster yet?
I know awhile back a really low-res version showed up on the internet...

Can you still select abilities with the right stick? Like, hold a button down to switch between menu and camera controls?
No, you can't and that sucks. Someone hold me before I start ranting on how they botched the controls!

FSLink

Banned

I thought you could in 2 if you held down L2?

Either way it's not present in this HD Collection.

botty

Banned
So whose leg do I have to hump to get one of those awesome 358/2 days Kingdom Hearts posters?

Can't wait to pick up my pre-order tomorrow. :excite:

Top Bottom