• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Finalow

to be honest the only "hard" bosses are the optional ones, the rest are easy as fuck.
speaking of which I think ice titan is the hardest so far, I'm pretty sure I have no idea how to avoid that freezing attack he does when he drops to the yellow life bar. I also guess that trying the battle with a shitty gear and keyblade at level 60 doesn't help much.

Finally beat proud mode riku 2 last night.... My god what a shitfest, i completely forgot how bad that was.
you mean the dialogues? Same here, if that's the case.

does bambi work in every world? I tried it 2 times in HB and he didn't drop shit.
also I didn't remember that you had to grind this much to synthesize all the items, zzz.

botty

Banned
sigh school is ruining my life.

i love you all, and shall get that platinum come the end of the semester. ;_;

Also, I had a dream that Nomura included an HD version of Days with every copy of KH3. Like the full game, not the movie. Ah, bliss.

Noi

Finished the game on Proud while doing an Unchaging Armor run two days ago. Accidentally also did it while only using up to Cura, cause I completely forgot you had to talk to Aerith to upgrade it... that was more painful than it should have been (and fighting Ansem solo with just the KK was bad enough).

Now I'm in the process for farming the Defender shield. I hate everything.

Finished the game on Proud while doing an Unchaging Armor run two days ago. Accidentally also did it while only using up to Cura, cause I completely forgot you had to talk to Aerith to upgrade it... that was more painful than it should have been (and fighting Ansem solo with just the KK was bad enough).

WTF! Thats insane! How did manage to beat any of the bosses with just the Kingdom Key and no good accessories?

You must have had to overlevel by a lot per world.

Noi

WTF! Thats insane! How did manage to beat any of the bosses with just the Kingdom Key and no good accessories?

You must have had to overlevel by a lot per world.

Abuse the hell out of Leaf Bracer. Don't be stingy with your healing items. Aeroga is muy bueno. Not picking up Curaga was totally my own fault and not an intended part of the playthrough.

But nah, I didn't really overlevel, or else I would have had a way easier time. Doing a challenging run on purpose only to void it by overleveling ain't my style anyway! It only really starts to get difficult once you reach Hollow Bastion. The triple of whammy of Maleficent + Dragon + Riku II will either make or break the entire run, but once you get past them, even Ansem's kind of a chump thanks to Aeroga/Leaf Bracer + MP Rage and abusing Goofy's MP Gift (except for the solo Ansem part, had to use my entire inventory of Elixirs just to beat him, heh).

Some bosses just need a little bit of patience. Hook in particular is a battle of attrition, but you can slowly grind him down while recovering MP from the enemies he spawns. It helps that you can fly up and stall, at least. Though I'm not gonna lie, Chernabog, Parasite Cage II, Riku II, and even Ansem at the end kinda came down to the wire!

Party members are pretty much dead and useless 90% of the time, haha. Goofy's the only one you can benefit from once he gets MP Gift and Second Chance.

Ending stats, for the curious. Around 32 hours at the end. I forget what was my final level, but I picked Rod at the beginning and knew Slide Dash/didn't know Counterattack when I beat the game so I was from level 51-56.

Groof

This is seriously one of the more random things in the game.

I love KH cryptic shit xd. You even need to talk to her a few times to get it.

Also to get cheer for Sora you need to get a high enough score on all 100acre minigames (and the game doesnt tell you what the requirement is anywhere). After that go to Poohs house (you know, the place wgere you have likely no business in whatsoever) and talk to Owl. Everyone figures that shit out without a guide.

Groof

I love KH cryptic shit xd. You even need to talk to her a few times to get it.

Also to get cheer for Sora you need to get a high enough score on all 100acre minigames (and the game doesnt tell you what the requirement is anywhere). After that go to Poohs house (you know, the place wgere you have likely no business in whatsoever) and talk to Owl. Everyone figures that shit out without a guide.

I just talk to everyone several times out of RPG habit, to see if they say anything different. For someone who doesn't do that, they'd never get Curaga. That and the several Post Cards in Traverse Town. Finding half of those is pure coincidence.

Now this I didn't know actually... Might have to try and get that.

Oh and does anyone have a good guide for Synthesis items and locations? Gonna do that before I defeat Ansem and I'm kinda dreading it.

I beat Ansem with the Kingdom Key on my first playthrough on the PS2 version on expert mode, and that was bad enough, I don't think I could deal with doing it on Proud.

Noi

The extra abilities that FM gives you + Aeroga getting buffed kinda balance out the Proud difficulty increase. I WISH I had Leaf Bracer when I did the same run in Vanilla PS2.

Yup. Bad enough that it's tied to one random NPC, but she already gives you a keyblade when you first talk to her, then nothing when you talk to her a second time. Why would you talk to her a third time?

Yup. Bad enough that it's tied to one random NPC, but she already gives you a keyblade when you first talk to her, then nothing when you talk to her a second time. Why would you talk to her a third time?

Correction: you get the rest of the Ansem Reports from her. You get the keyblade from Belle :)

Groof

I was ranting about them a few pages ago. apparently with Mushu it's really easy to kill them but I didn't try yet.

Hmm, I'll try this tomorrow actually. I need to kill another wave of them. How many Power Stones do you need in total though?

Psxphile

Am I to understand that even after completing Sora's story in Re:CoM, Key to Rewards cards only ever drop from Floor 7 and beyond? What a pain.

Step

Holy crap you guys weren't kidding Sonic Blade is so op. also you level up like crazy on neverland, I'm having a lot of fun after my deck started to fit my playstyle, I wish on the other begginer/proud runs I didn't have to start all over again : /

Finally beat Sora's story in Re:CoM. After first grinding to max level, I was able to beat Marluxia on my first try! I would have died on his Doom spell because I had to reload cards and shift through the lower ones to get to a higher one or a zero, but luckily I made it at the last second.

Played a bit of Reverse/Rebirth and it feels infinitely better just because I get to mash X and enjoy a battle, instead of spamming sleights just to get through one. Hope the ride is shorter because I'd like to forget about playing Re:CoM for awhile.

Noi

Sniper Wilds were easy peasy with just Stopga. You guys are babies.

Synth'd Ultima Weapon today and wrapped up the rest of the game ( Hades Cup Solo/TT, Sephiroth, Ice Titan, Unknown) + got to level 100. That just leaves the gummi missions before I'm done and can replay the ga-

BWbkBetIgAACpJR.jpg

what is this nonsense

rataven

Dang, Riku II is such a great fight. Had a bit of trouble with him, and it took three tries, but I eventually got him. So satisfying.

And it really feels like the difficulty ramps up when you finally reach Maleficent. Kind of wish the whole game had felt that challenging. Think I might be ready for Proud after all.

Sniper Wilds were easy peasy with just Stopga. You guys are babies.

Synth'd Ultima Weapon today and wrapped up the rest of the game ( Hades Cup Solo/TT, Sephiroth, Ice Titan, Unknown) + got to level 100. That just leaves the gummi missions before I'm done and can replay the ga-

BWbkBetIgAACpJR.jpg

what is this nonsense

Oh they are definitely easy to kill. Its just that if they see you, they will not drop the Power Stones is the main problem. Other I wouldn't have cared to even use Stopga on them and take hits as I kill them and take my prizes.

Also I feel your pain about the Gummi missions.

Noi

What I did was rush the first one, Stopga the second two (which is enough time to take them both out), then move away and use fire on one of the three that spawn to lure it to my location and take it out separately. By then the other two are either still together (which Stopga alone can handle) or they've split apart and I can just ambush them with ease. Grab the stone and either repeat if good on MP or go heal up without being seen. I went usually chose to blow all my MP and get one guaranteed stone over trying to conserve and getting none.

Pot Scorpion on the other hand can shove it. So many times where I was 50/50 on clearing all the pots except his and I always got the wrong one, with his stone not being a guaranteed drop even with three lucky strikes only adding insult to injury.

CRS

Pot Scorpion on the other hand can shove it. So many times where I was 50/50 on clearing all the pots except his and I always got the wrong one, with his stone not being a guaranteed drop even with three lucky strikes only adding insult to injury.

Want to always know which one is his?

You can move all of the empty pots except his.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Started Proud mode yesterday... wish me luck GAF !

However, to update, I have to say Proud is pretty darn hard. Many re-fight against bosses and have had close encounters with regular enemies as well. I am not worthyyy !

Think i'm going to pass up on gummi missions on my completionist proud mode run, and leave it for the beginner run.

Whats the difficulty order for the bosses? Kurt>Phantom>Ice Titan>Unknown>Seph?
I'm roughly about lvl65, what is a good level to take on the first 3, and then Seph/Unknown?

Groof

Think i'm going to pass up on gummi missions on my completionist proud mode run, and leave it for the beginner run.

Whats the difficulty order for the bosses? Kurt>Phantom>Ice Titan>Unknown>Seph?
I'm roughly about lvl65, what is a good level to take on the first 3, and then Seph/Unknown?

Don't know about difficulty order, but I did Ice Titan and Kurt at around 65-67. Had a bit of trouble on both, but once you nail their patterns they're quite easy. Seph and Unknown are definitely the hardest though.
Gonna do Phantom soonish, might go for him today actually.

Noi

I went for Phantom first because he's the only one keeping a spell hostage (which I needed for Sniper Wilds/Pink Agaricus). He's not too bad with tons of MP/MP recovery to back you up, since the damage you do to him is fixed regardless of your level, I think.

I'd place an order at Phantom > Kurt/Ice Titan > Sephiroth > Unknown

He's not too bad with tons of MP/MP recovery to back you up, since the damage you do to him is fixed regardless of your level, I think.
No time like the present then, especially since i want that magic upgrade.
Might try the others after a bit of level grinding.

My first run in with Sephiroth was a bit of a wakeup call. Danced around with him for a bit, and jumped in. Forgot about the flame pillar counter, and got 1hit KO'd. Going to be a long ride.

Step

Unknown is easier than Seph because you can use Tinkerbell.

I agree with this, and if you are high lv enough he can't kill you even if you just let him hit you, but if you let your guard down with Seph and his heartless angel, good luck with that.

Tomorrow... 2.5

Itshappening.jif.

Man I'm bummed that the next collection is extremely likely to be close to a year away still for westerners. After finishing up 1.5 I'm not feeling any fatigue really, I want MOAR. I think I am quite ready for another adventure [/bilbo} and all that. Gon b a long wait :(

I might start KHFM lvl 1 run at some point tho.

Andrefpvs

Tomorrow... 2.5

Itshappening.jif.

Man I'm bummed that the next collection is extremely likely to be close to a year away still for westerners. After finishing up 1.5 I'm not feeling any fatigue really, I want MOAR. I think I am quite ready for another adventure [/bilbo} and all that. Gon b a long wait :(

This is how I feel exactly!

At what time can we expect news from Disney's event?

Groof

What's the best place and way to deal with the Pink Agaricus? I'm currently in Deep Jungle going back and forth there using Ars Arcanum + Aeroga. Managed to get 49 hits in...

What's the best place and way to deal with the Pink Agaricus? I'm currently in Deep Jungle going back and forth there using Ars Arcanum + Aeroga. Managed to get 49 hits in...

Cast aeroga on you, lock on to it's HEAD and use Ragnarok. Try to time the lazer boomz for maximum lazerz. Do normal air comboing till you can ragnarok again. Should net you around 60-70 hits or so.

no brainer but cast aero before stop for maximum damage

Groof

Cast aeroga on you, lock on to it's HEAD and use Ragnarok. Try to time the lazer boomz for maximum lazerz. Do normal air comboing till you can ragnarok again. Should net you around 60-70 hits or so.

no brainer but cast aero before stop for maximum damage

Oh you can lock on to more body parts? Cool I'll try that. Was so bummed I got 49 hits :(

Finalow

what's the best place to get level 100? I read about doing ice titan again and again but it doesn't look like a good/the best method to me.

what's the best place to get level 100? I read about doing ice titan again and again but doesn't look like a good method to me.

Ice Titan with tech boosts equipped or just running the last seed of Hades Cup (with whatever exp accessories you have of course).

I did the Ice Titan thing. I liked it since you got 1 level every time and it was fairly fast.

Step

what's the best place to get level 100? I read about doing ice titan again and again but it doesn't look like a good/the best method to me.

Encounter up+EXP equipment+Gizmo Shop=7k everytime you clear that room and you could get a buch of elixir and ether.

Finalow

Ice Titan with tech boosts equipped or just running the last seed of Hades Cup (with whatever exp accessories you have of course).

I did the Ice Titan thing. I liked it since you got 1 level every time and it was fairly fast.
1 level every time it means that right now I have to do it like 40 times to get to 100. ugh, I might prefer something else. I also need money to buy some shields from the shop.
that trophy is really the only thing you use munny for.

Encounter up+EXP equipment+Gizmo Shop=7k everytime you clear that room and you could get a buch of elixir and ether.
ok, going to try this one.

Step

Wow Hook had a deck full of 0s, what a cheater, still he wasn't a match against jafar card, it is so usefull against bosses.

Top Bottom