• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Noi

what's the best place to get level 100? I read about doing ice titan again and again but it doesn't look like a good/the best method to me.

Ice Titan is good once you get enough Tech boosts. I was getting 100 EXP for every single icicle I reflected, which adds up very quickly.

When I got bored of that though, I alternated between Ice, beating up Rock Titan (via selecting him after having finished the Hades Time Trial) and Sephiroth. With EXP accessories equipped (on Goofy and Donald), Rock Titan gave me something like 6.8k exp and went down way faster than Ice, so I could take him out 2-3 times in the time it took me to beat Ice Titan once.

Finalow

Ice Titan is good once you get enough Tech boosts. I was getting 100 EXP for every single icicle I reflected, which adds up very quickly.

When I got bored of that though, I alternated between Ice, beating up Rock Titan (via selecting him after having finished the Hades Time Trial) and Sephiroth. With EXP accessories equipped (on Goofy and Donald), Rock Titan gave me something like 6.8k exp and went down way faster than Ice, so I could take him out 2-3 times in the time it took me to beat Ice Titan once.
rock titan is also a lot easier, guess I'm going to try with him as well.

I guess I shouldn't mention that I got one on my second visit to Hollow Bastion.
do they still drop those weapons if you kill them in other worlds? (I'm pretty sure that most of my kills are not from HB)

Groof

Have you tried with firaga and hiding behind a corner that leads to the dalmatian house?

You can restore your MP with tents/cottages while hiding, they won't dissapear.

No I have not tried this. I should really try this.
Thanks for the tip.

Also gummi ship missions = bleeeeeeeeechhhhhh

Groof

Great tips man. Gonna try some more later on, need to calm my face. On the last batch of synth items though, almost at the end!

Farming items was so much simpler in the original, perhaps my biggest complaint about Final Mix is the farming needed to make everything.

Carbonox

I didn't mind the farming too much. It was a pain for the best items/weapons, sure, but there was a degree of enjoyment to be had in it.

Where the Sniper Wilds are concerned, I actually used the 'glide over their heads and get a drop on them' tactic which worked wonders. They don't look up so it's easy to fly over their heads, hit Stopga, kill them, super glide away. Rinse and repeat.

I'm hoping I wake up to some good news tomorrow regarding KH2.5 HD Remix. Would be a bright start to the week.

Psxphile

Sora Card Master Trophy is finally claimed (Barrel Spider enemy card being the last holdout). Odd that the main Card section of the Journal isn't stamped with a Mickey icon, since all of the entries under it are complete and stamped. Oh well. I guess all that's left is to level both Sora and Riku up to 99 (100?). Ha ha, time for MEGAFLARE.

Step

Just finished my first run on Sora's side, I changed to normal because I felt I wasn't learning anything on beginner, the last battles were so freaking fun, I had to really think before using any card, doom wasn't a problem with a deck full of 6+ and I actually beat the last boss on my 1st try whee~~~

I hope proud isn't a lot harder .

Now KHII makes sense.

Re-fresh me if the Ursula/Eric/Ariel subplot doesn't begin until KH2 why do we go after her in this game? I forgot what she does

She steals the trident like in the movie. Eric is only in KH2 tho. KH2 one doesn't really make any sense concidering KH1 but when the whole world is about singing minigame who cares.

In KH2 there is no reason to go to Atlantica if I recall and no one ever should.
You do get items.

In KH2 there is no reason to go to Atlantica if I recall and no one ever should.

You get Magnera and Magnega from there along with the Thunder spells I believe.

The music is annoying but the world is easy thankfully. Its kinda like 100 Acer Woods.

Man 2.5 hurry up and come out!

Psxphile

Apparently there were two more Enemy Cards I wasn't aware of that unlock as Bounty treasures when you get every other card in the game. Must be PS2 exclusives because I certainly don't remember them existing in regular ol' CoM. Oddly enough they don't seem to be counted towards Card collecting and journal completion trophies.

I wish there was a way to increase EXP gain in this game like KHFM. :(

Christopher

Not going for gummies Ive totally exhausted the game I'm gonna pass it on is twenty dollars reasonable asking price? Rather that then the 20 cents thehll give me at GameStop

God, what is the spawn rate on the
Neoshadows in Linked Worlds/End of the World
? I'm literally two Stormy Stones away from my Ultima Weapon and the end of synthesizing, but I just can't get them to appear... I always get the Angel Star/Invisible combo. They've spawned like 50 times in a row now.

SO CLOSE... yet so far.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out what I was doing wrong. Unlike the other rare/Final Mix-exclusive Heartless, leaving the world and returning doesn't work in terms of respawning them. You literally have to go two screens away from their room in that world before they'll spawn again whether you leave the world or not. Meh. Anyway, synthesizing is DONE!

Has anybody had chance to read through the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX hardback guide from Prima Games yet?
If so, how does it compare to the PiggyBack guide released for Kingdom Hearts 1 on the PS2? Does it have things like character renders and information, and pictures and information on all the Heartless and that sort of stuff?

Psxphile

Tired of all things Re:CoM for the time being, I started up a new playthrough of KH1FM: this time on Beginner. Going for the speedrun and unchanging armor trophies. Chose Sword, sacrificed Shield. Quick question: does the Unchanging Armor trophy only apply to Sora, or am I allowed to equip Donald/Goofy/miscellaneous with new gear? I don't think I've ever seen that question asked or answered in this thread

Tired of all things Re:CoM for the time being, I started up a new playthrough of KH1FM: this time on Beginner. Going for the speedrun and unchanging armor trophies. Chose Sword, sacrificed Shield. Quick question: does the Unchanging Armor trophy only apply to Sora, or am I allowed to equip Donald/Goofy/miscellaneous with new gear? I don't think I've ever seen that question asked or answered in this thread
Applies to all.

Hades cup time trial. Any tips

I imagine the general idea is to thundaga the start of each round and spam ars arcanum for each boss?

Any tips to also taking down cereberus, sneaky stealths, and behemoth quicker?

XJF

Hades cup time trial. Any tips

I imagine the general idea is to thundaga the start of each round and spam ars arcanum for each boss?

Any tips to also taking down cereberus, sneaky stealths, and behemoth quicker?

as long as you're a decent level it shouldn't be a problem. They give you plenty of time. Just dont dick around lol

I finished my Beginner/speedster/unchanging run a week or so ago. All that's left is the proud run. Still have no desire to do it. Oh, well, as long as I do it before 2.5 releases I guess I'll be ok.

Seda

I forgot how dull grinding with Riku on his final floor is.

Yes. At least with Sora you can make AoE like sleights to wipe out groups of Heartless at a time. Riku you pretty much just have to wail on them. Dark Aura is alright but still not nearly as useful as some of Sora's.

Yes. At least with Sora you can make AoE like sleights to wipe out groups of Heartless at a time. Riku you pretty much just have to wail on them. Dark Aura is alright but still not nearly as useful as some of Sora's.
At least 30 AP Riku + Maleficent's Enemy Card can make relatively short work of most groups of enemies.

Psxphile

Pretty sure the Warp effect makes you get less exp from enemies it kills, no?

Hm. Interesting. Can someone find out and confirm this? I abused the hell out of the Lexaeus card during my initial Riku Standard run. By the time I made it to the final boss I was Level 55 (13:00 playtime). Curious what level I would have been at if I just played it straight using the Maleficent card instead.

I know Sora's Warp sleight warns you that "enemies will not drop items" when it's used but the single-enemy-targetting Warpinator does not, which is basically what the Lexeaus card does for Riku.

EDIT: NeoShadow's give exactly 289 EXP per kill (full disclosure: sometimes I only got 269 even when they were killed using the same method of attack, I'm not sure why there's a discrepancy). Killing them with Warp sleight gives you nothing. Killing with Sora's Warpinator or using Lexaeus card gives you the same amount, roughly 289 EXP.

I also used two different rooms to test this: Feeble (-2) and Almighty (+2) Darkness for both Sora and Riku. Didn't seem to have any effect on the amount of EXP gained per kill. Based on all this, it would stand to reason that abusing the Lexaeus card would be the wisest option for power leveling. Even better, use Riku's Dark Mode's spinning jump attack since it counts as a combo finisher. You can clear mobs very quickly like this in a Feeble or Martial Waking room.

Finally 100% done with my Final Mix: Proud playthrough! Synthesized all items/weapons, beat all optional bosses, finished the Hades Cup time trial, got all journal entries/dalmatians/Trinities, and all that jazz.

Surprisingly, I found Unknown/
Xemnas
to be a LOT easier than Sephiroth, who I found posed quite a challenge even at level 100 and with the Ultima Weapon. I beat the former on my second try, while the latter still took me 4-5 tries or so... and even for my first time against Unknown, I only died when he had one hit left because of his stupid trap attack where all your commands get mixed up.

I've already gone ahead and watched all of 358/2 Days... I forgot just how relentlessly tragic and altogether depressing that part of the story is. Poor Roxas and Xion. :(

Now onto Re: Chain of Memories, which I might just do on Beginner because I hate the battle system so much. I don't want it to be TOO easy, though...

Finally 100% done with my Final Mix: Proud playthrough! Synthesized all items/weapons, beat all optional bosses, finished the Hades Cup time trial, got all journal entries/dalmatians/Trinities, and all that jazz.

Surprisingly, I found Unknown/
Xemnas
to be a LOT easier than Sephiroth, who I found posed quite a challenge even at level 100 and with the Ultima Weapon. I beat the former on my second try, while the latter still took me 4-5 tries or so... and even for my first time against Unknown, I only died when he had one hit left because of his stupid trap attack where all your commands get mixed up.
I agree with this impression, mostly because you only have to miss one instance of Descend Heartless Angel to be screwed.

Unknown's command mixup is annoying but I felt he was pretty tame otherwise, compared to Sephiroth.

I agree with this impression, mostly because you only have to miss one instance of Descend Heartless Angel to be screwed.

Unknown's command mixup is annoying but I felt he was pretty tame otherwise, compared to Sephiroth.

Yep, that's just it. The time I beat Sephiroth, I almost lost again because I missed interrupting just one Heartless Angel... thankfully he was far enough away from me that I was able to survive it thanks to a perfectly-time Elixir. It was close, though.

Noi

BW1FmQ9IUAAlXV7.jpg

Me right now:

368361-hellyeah.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BW1FmQ9IUAAlXV7.jpg

Me right now:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/4912/368361-hellyeah.jpg

You deserve a beer. I thought about doing it on my proud run, but decided to wimp out and do it during my beginner run instead.
Did you build your own ship, to base it off one of the blueprints?

Finished my Proud run. Tiny rooms and shitty camera aside (looking at you wonderland), the game holds up remarkably well. Dat art direction.
A bit anxious about moving onto CoM as I loathed the card gameplay on the GBA. Heres hoping the PS2 remake is a bit more streamlined.

Top Bottom