• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

rataven

Wow, I was just cruising along on Normal, not having much trouble or dying to any of the major boss fights (although Cloud took me down twice) but I finally reached the Dragon last night and holy hell balls, did everything change.

I've probably died five times now, with no solution in sight. I've tried standing on her back and spamming Strike Raid, but nearly every single throw misses and I burn through my ethers before I've even knocked her health to green. This fight is the worst.

Seda

Wow, I was just cruising along on Normal, not having much trouble or dying to any of the major boss fights (although Cloud took me down twice) but I finally reached the Dragon last night and holy hell balls, did everything change.

I've probably died five times now, with no solution in sight. I've tried standing on her back and spamming Strike Raid, but nearly every single throw misses and I burn through my ethers before I've even knocked her health to green. This fight is the worst.

Tinker Bell?

Go grab the Ifrit Belt if you haven't already. It's from the white trinity at the entrance to the Cave of Wonders. Gives you a 40% fire resist.

Edit: Wait do you even have white trinity yet? I can't remember if you do. If not Fira Rings.

rataven

Tinker Bell?

I always forget about my summons. I honestly don't even know what she does, but it sounds like it's worth finding out?

Go grab the Ifrit Belt if you haven't already. It's from the white trinity at the entrance to the Cave of Wonders. Gives you a 40% fire resist.

Edit: Wait do you even have white trinity yet? I can't remember if you do. If not Fira Rings.

I do have white trinity, but I haven't yet revisited Agrabah with it. I'll swing by there and pick it up. Thanks.

rataven

Constant HP regen and a one use Auto-Life, after which, she disappears.

She follows you around and heals you until you dismiss her. Very useful for dragon.

Oh cool, she sounds like the solution I've been looking for. Thanks for the help guys. Off to slay a dragon....

EDIT: Got her!! Tinker Bell made that fight a breeze. Would have been there all night without her. Thanks again.

XJF

All I have left is proud run. Should I still go Staff or should I rock the shield so I get Leaf Bracer as soon as possible?

Holy crap, these Stealth Soldiers are a pain in the ASS to get to spawn. I've spent the last 20 minutes in the HB Grand Hall and they haven't spawned once. Is there an easy way to tell whether it will spawn or not when I enter the room?

All I have left is proud run. Should I still go Staff or should I rock the shield so I get Leaf Bracer as soon as possible?
In my personal opinion, you want leaf bracer and second chance as soon as possible. Go shield and drop staff. It would've been so much harder without leaf bracer.

Holy crap, these Stealth Soldiers are a pain in the ASS to get to spawn. I've spent the last 20 minutes in the HB Grand Hall and they haven't spawned once. Is there an easy way to tell whether it will spawn or not when I enter the room?

Well if you suddenly get damaged then you know its in the room. You are better off going the Castle Chapel since the room where you fought Ansem/Riku2 has 2 of them spawn.

Sword and drop Staff. You can live without AP or Magic but you need the attack and the defense to survive.

Unless you are really good, then drop Shield and choose Sword.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Had to nab Axel.

Sorry I had it first.

I didn't even noticed you around until I saw you at new Harvest Moon thread. I decided to search this thread and see who got it first. I claimed it on second page.

It was weird to see someone posting with Axel Avatar with almost same opinion as I did with Harvest Moon. I was like wait did I posted here before until I realized that it was you.

CRS

Doing proud and I'm not having any real trouble choosing Staff and dropping Sword.

Whenever I'm fighting tougher enemies, I spam Aero, keep Hi-Potions/Elixers handy, and always heal before I'm in the red. So far, I've only died a few times from those strong out of view shots. And for the bosses, haven't had that much trouble. Deep Jungle took two times, Cerberus took two times as well, and everything else I beat on my first attempt. Currently at Atlantica with Halloween Town and Monstro both taken care of. Just slow down the pace, try to pick off the stronger enemies one by one, and check all of your surroundings and the game shouldn't be that bad.

This is actually the funnest time I've had in a long time with any KH game. The difficulty makes it challenging but not enough where you want to break the controller.

Re:COM: So do 358/2 Days cards count for the Card Master trophy? Is it possible to claim the cards on a previous load save or does it have to be a new save?

Wheres the best place to get Mythril? I need to make some Dark Matters, but need 4 more. :\ I've tried getting 3 levels for Bambi in EotW, but I can't get it high enough.

I'll ask again:

And for Neverland's too, very annoying. I should mention that I am doing the missions on Proud, it there a huge difference?

Build a small gummi ship. Maybe give it the Full Life Gummi as the cockpit, and equip Shield2, just in case. You'd probably want to depart from Deep Jungle, take the warp hole, and pray Monstro does not show up (only worry about Monstro if you had him on the route to Atlantica, as I unfortunately did). You should abuse brake, since you'll be destroying and will have to avoid any items. That mission destroyed my thumb for the day. Good luck.

As for Neverland, they're pretty easy. Brake, shield, and some good weapons (Thunder-G, Thundaga-G, Comet-G, and Ultima-G?; for mission 3) will make it easy.

Psxphile

Re:COM: So do 358/2 Days cards count for the Card Master trophy? Is it possible to claim the cards on a previous load save or does it have to be a new save?

I'm not quite there yet but I'm going to assume yes. Pretty sure you need the bonus cards to complete the Journal, and I see no reason why it wouldn't also apply to the trophy since you're supposed to obtain ALL cards. And yeah, you can reload your cleared game save and search for the new cards, that's how it was on GBA and PS2.

Well if you suddenly get damaged then you know its in the room. You are better off going the Castle Chapel since the room where you fought Ansem/Riku2 has 2 of them spawn.

I think I once had 3 or possibly 4 spawn in that location. Every Heartless spawn point in that room can potentially spawn a Stealth Soldier. Or at least that was the impression I was given. Suffice it to say, it didn't take long to gather up all the Energy Stones I needed.

Bukana

Build a small gummi ship. Maybe give it the Full Life Gummi as the cockpit, and equip Shield2, just in case. You'd probably want to depart from Deep Jungle, take the warp hole, and pray Monstro does not show up (only worry about Monstro if you had him on the route to Atlantica, as I unfortunately did). You should abuse brake, since you'll be destroying and will have to avoid any items. That mission destroyed my thumb for the day. Good luck.

As for Neverland, they're pretty easy. Brake, shield, and some good weapons (Thunder-G, Thundaga-G, Comet-G, and Ultima-G?; for mission 3) will make it easy.

Thanks, beat it, but he showed up 5 times in a row.

Wheres the best place to get Mythril? I need to make some Dark Matters, but need 4 more. : I've tried getting 3 levels for Bambi in EotW, but I can't get it high enough.
EotW + Bambi is the only way to drop Mythril, so if it doesn't work the only option you'll have is synthing it. I haven't tried farming it yet though.

Someone mentioned on a forum there are just enough Dark Matters in the game to synth everything without having to synth more than the one you have to. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I'm pretty dumb. I realized after hours of farming that with Encounter Plus, I didn't need to move 2 screens to reshuffle spawns.

One last thing I noticed: contrarily to what I've read on the Internet, Atlantica is way easier than the Jungle to farm Pink Agaricuses if you're only going for the material drops.

Groof

Speaking of these fuckers, what's the best way to take them down? I managed to take one down, but when two of them spawned I was getting bum raped

Speaking of these fuckers, what's the best way to take them down? I managed to take one down, but when two of them spawned I was getting bum raped

Stop and Aero. They move really fast so after you dodge or tank their attacks, you need to hit fast and kill them.

Groof

Stop and Aero. They move really fast so after you dodge or tank their attacks, you need to hit fast and kill them.

Man, I always forget about Stop...

Also, are there any trinities in the
End of the World
? I only got one yellow (i think) and one white left and I'm kind of stumped where they might be.

End of the World
? I only got one yellow (i think) and one white left and I'm kind of stumped where they might be.
Have you gotten the yellow one outside Merlins House? Neverland where you upgrade aero?

As for white there is one in each world with the exeption of teotw (that indeed has no trinities). Did you grab the one in Atlantica? Deep Jungle where the keyhole was?

Groof

Have you gotten the yellow one outside Merlins House? Neverland where you upgrade aero?

As for white there is one in each world with the exeption of teotw (that indeed has no trinities). Did you grab the one in Atlantica? Deep Jungle where the keyhole was?

Yep on all, I think. Is the Neverland one to the door in the hallway?
Don't know if I got the white one there though... Guess I should take a break from Hades cup and revisit Neverland once more, that might be it.

End of the World
You should be able to find the missing ones without going there. I haven't been there either and I'm only missing 3 blue trinities.

Groof

Alright I got the white trinity in Neverland, but I'm apparently missing a green one... Now I'm really stumped.

Groof

The one in Deep Jungle that is quite camoflaged? It's in the room entirely green with leaves that you can get to from Tunnel or Treetops.
That was the one! Thanks a bunch man, got my trophy :)

Edit: oh and one more thing while I'm at it, how do you get those two treasures in the revolving compartments in the library in Hollow Bastion?

Betty

Banned
That was the one! Thanks a bunch man, got my trophy :)

Edit: oh and one more thing while I'm at it, how do you get those two treasures in the revolving compartments in the library in Hollow Bastion?

Just examine them to make them spin and eventually they should each stop to present the treasure.

Any tips for Reverse/Rebirth? I'd like to clear it as quickly as possible.

Is skipping fights safe?

Well I'd say so, yes. RR is not really that hard and even on proud there are only like 2 fights that can make you try a few times.

Well some nobrainer tips:
Always level up AP when possible.
Remember to use your enemy cards like there is no tomorrow
Don't be afraid to use sleights starting with small value attack cards. Rikus insta reload makes even small decks much lesser issue than with sora.

Seda

Any tips for Reverse/Rebirth? I'd like to clear it as quickly as possible.

Is skipping fights safe?

What difficulty are you playing on?

On beginner you can practically skip every fight possible, just battle enough to get room cards, and beat it with ease.

Andrefpvs

Well I'd say so, yes. RR is not really that hard and even on proud there are only like 2 fights that can make you try a few times.

Well some nobrainer tips:
Always level up AP when possible.
Remember to use your enemy cards like there is no tomorrow
Don't be afraid to use sleights starting with small value attack cards. Rikus insta reload makes even small decks much lesser issue than with sora.

Thank you! Do you remember what level you were when you beat RR?

What difficulty are you playing on?

On beginner you can practically skip every fight possible, just battle enough to get room cards, and beat it with ease.

Standard, I'm fighting a few battles here and there.

Andrefpvs

Standard you can skip a lot of fights too, I beat it in less than 5 hours. Riku is really quite overpowered.

I rarely bother with Dark Points and just level up AP and HP.

Cool, I'll be doing that! So far I'm level 8 in the second world.

Can you give me an approximate of the level you were at when beating Standard? Just so I know I'm not overdoing it.

I THINK it was 35 on Proud. Sora was 50+ something.

Thanks!

Andrefpvs

Thanks for the tips, guys. Just beat R/R.

I think I was level 37, not sure. It was fun creating rooms just for the sake of getting to the next one :p

I'm down to the last item for the Ultima Weapon... I need Dark Matters. Where is the best place to farm for the materials?

Lucid Shards: shadows at Wonderland Bizzare Room or Summon Bambi at Monstro and start killing people.

Gale: End Of The World. Only place to get, just kill angel and invincible heartless.

Mythril synthesis items:

Mythril Shard: Summon Bambi at TEOTW and kill stuff
Mythril Stone: Pot Scorpion
Mystery Goo: White Mushrooms or Rare Truffles.

Andrefpvs

I'm so disappointed with what they did with 358/2 Days. The original Days as a whole was kind of a bore, but the last hour I thought was great! Well, here they
didn't include any of the final battles, so most of the impact from the aftermath scenes is gone (btw, not even a mention of Roxas fighting Saïx, so he got to be a dick the whole time and not get a beating for it :p).

By the way, watching this after beating Chain of Memories made me realise that Days after CoM actually works, if you don't mind that little KH2 spoiler. In fact, I'd argue that it makes
Roxas summoning a second Keyblade against Axel
in KH2 a more meaningful moment.

Psxphile

Finished Reverse/Rebirth last night, then marathoned Days until the wee hours of the morning. Never doing that again. I'll read the diary/reports later.

Man, they couldn't have made the scene in Days where
Xion suffers through, for lack of a better term, a "memory nightmare" any more confusing if they tried. Was it taking place on Destiny Islands, or was she still in Castle Oblivion? Why did she look like Roxas for that particular bit, and why was she seeing Riku's memories of his meeting with Zexion of all things?
Then suddenly we get another sequence right after
with the trio on Destiny Islands that may be a dream but just isn't made clear enough, only to jump back to the aftermath of the previous sequence with Riku and Xion (and Roxas was actually present at the time during her freak out but he didn't notice and leaves?).

It's pretty confusing. Upon first viewing you're pretty much WTF-ing through the whole thing. Repeated viewings doesn't quite help much either.

Ugh, am I going to have to revisit every world's Room of Rewards to pick up the unlocked cards? That's going to be a pain.

Groof

Alright I've reached the last area and want to go pick up missed stuff and synth. Any tips for the synth stuff? Also missing a torn page I'm confused about...

Lucid Shards: shadows at Wonderland Bizzare Room or Summon Bambi at Monstro and start killing people.

Gale: End Of The World. Only place to get, just kill angel and invincible heartless.

Mythril synthesis items:

Mythril Shard: Summon Bambi at TEOTW and kill stuff
Mythril Stone: Pot Scorpion
Mystery Goo: White Mushrooms or Rare Truffles.

Where is the best place for this? I am at Final Rest and only 2 of the Angels and 3 Invisibles spawn and that doesn't give even fill Bambi's bar.

Top Bottom