• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

Chunky

For those of you just starting out, consider stocking up on Drop-Me-Not items early on and using them to play through each world with each character in one go. (For example, Sora's Traverse Town, then Riku's Traverse Town, then whatever world you choose next with Sora, then that same world with Riku, etc.)

I actually ended up enjoying the drop system, in that you get to get to play chunks of each campaign instead of the whole thing at once. The way I was doing it though, was alternating between levels trying not to play the same world with both guys. I ended up doing The Grid with both guys and the similar stories/shared areas got a touch confusing. I guess if the drop animation wasn't as fast as it was it'd probably be annoying.

Although I think I might use this method when I unlock critical difficulty (with the way proud's kicking my ass, this scares me though)

Gradivus

I don't mind the drop system. The only annoying part was if time ran out while fighting a boss (Sora's boss on the fantasia stage :mad: ).

Any easy ways of farming the certain items needed for creating the dream eaters? I'm trying to get a T-Rex and the Elephant ones, but their items which are needed seem pretty rare.

Chunky

I don't mind the drop system. The only annoying part was if time ran out while fighting a boss (Sora's boss on the fantasia stage :mad: ).

Any easy ways of farming the certain items needed for creating the dream eaters? I'm trying to get a T-Rex and the Elephant ones, but their items which are needed seem pretty rare.

Grrrr that fucking bitch nade my blood boil. She was pretty weak but when she had her little brooms spam lightning everywhere, that's when she got.
Otherwise, that was a brilliant world. Loved everything else about it.

Thoraxes

I may be alone in this, but I really like the drop system so far. It's refreshing to switch between characters, gives me time to take a break and reset myself, and is just a nice palette cleanser.

I would much rather do things this way than have to play through the game twice, each with a different character. Also is nice for my commutes. Sora on the way there, Riku on the way back :D

Famassu

I've got to say, this is probably the hardest KH game I've played outside my challenge runs through II & BBS. I haven't really grinded a lot, so I entered The Grid (battle level 14) when both Sora & Riku were lvl 10, and at first I couldn't do much else but die on one thing or the other (before I learned enemies' attacks a bit, which ones to look out for). And even at lvl 14, especially Sora's boss kicked my ass. ;__; Tons of normal enemies have some dangerous attacks that can kill you if you're not careful, and bosses are a whole other deal, killing me in seconds when I get careless.

In Tron's world, there's music from the movie? Like this one (0:46 = EPIC!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXYuw96d0c
No, they've got original compositions.

Seda

I've got to say, this is probably the hardest KH game I've played outside my challenge runs through II & BBS. I haven't really grinded a lot, so I entered The Grid (battle level 14) when both Sora & Riku were lvl 10, and at first I couldn't do much else but die on one thing or the other (before I learned enemies' attacks a bit, which ones to look out for). And even at lvl 14, especially Sora's boss kicked my ass. ;__; Tons of normal enemies have some dangerous attacks that can kill you if you're not careful, and bosses are a whole other deal, killing me in seconds when I get careless.

Anything as annoying as:

Unversed18%20-%20Mandrake.png

?

Curse those things.

eXistor

I'm about 2 hours in and finding it a bit of a clusterfuck...so are you saying it gets better?

When I was able to go to the next place which is
the town from Hunchback of Notre Dame (you can chose another 2, but at that point they're a bit too high a level it seems)
I found the game to be settling in, not interrupting you every 5 minutes (it's every 10 minutes now) with useless tutorials. I've never played KH for the story anyway, it is a complete clusterfuck, but when the game just lets me loose in an environment and just leave the the hell alone I'm having a decent time. So yes, it does get better. Whether or not it can hold up remains to be seen of course.

I just picked up my copy. I'm already elated that it has a real instruction booklet.

I've been getting conflicting reports about whether or not to use Drop-Me-Nots, but I think I'm going to try using them.

Is there anything extra I need to do to view the Secret Ending on Proud Mode?

Famassu

Anything as annoying as:

Unversed18%20-%20Mandrake.png

?

Curse those things.
There are maybe a few enemies that get close, but no, nothing quite as annoying as those (man I hated them when first arriving to Radiant Garden, throwing that green shit at me from a million miles away while I was vulnerable)

It seems pretty hard to sit there with the game sealed and a 3DS and not play it until the xl came out, more power onto your dedications.

Is a faq or guide suggested for this? Or is it pretty straightforward and simple?

Tyeforce

Okay, so this is my first Kingdom Hearts game, so I'm new to all this. I see that there are three difficulty levels. I started on Easy. But is there any kind of New Game+? Like, if I beat Easy, can I replay it on Normal or Proud Mode and keep some stuff like my Dream Eaters and such? Or is my only option to delete my save and start a new one? How would that effect StreetPass data? I'm just debating whether or not it might be best to just start over on Proud Mode instead...

Quick question: Is there anything worthwhile in the treasure chests? Mostly it seems I'm getting spirit toys and the like. Since I really am not interested in the Spirit companion mechanics of the game, should I just move on? Do I need to find every chest for any secrets or cool weapons (please just say yes or no without giving away what it would be used for)

Also, the remix of "Calling" from TWEWY is fantastic! Just finished the first world with both characters, and as mentioned above, I'm not digging the Spirit companion element of the game. I'd rather just have Donald and Goofy.

Also not a fan of the switching characters. It's a nice idea, but generally I like to explore a little more, so I think I'm going to go with the Drop-Me-Not item gameplay recommendation from above.

Otherwise, still having fun with the game...Freeflow is great and I stopped using the Circle Pad Pro. Using it, it's really hard to adjust the camera in battle, which is when things get crazy, so it didn't seem worth it.

Famassu

Okay, so this is my first Kingdom Hearts game, so I'm new to all this. I see that there are three difficulty levels. I started on Easy. But is there any kind of New Game+? Like, if I beat Easy, can I replay it on Normal or Proud Mode and keep some stuff like my Dream Eaters and such? Or is my only option to delete my save and start a new one? How would that effect StreetPass data? I'm just debating whether or not it might be best to just start over on Proud Mode instead...
Proud might prove quite the challenge if this is your first game in the series, not sure if I'd recommend that. But Normal should be doable.

Oh, and the Pokemon stuff. I feel you can mostly just FEED the creatures. Only do the molesting stuff rarely (you get huge bonuses at once when you've not done it in a while, instead of doing it more often and getting smaller ones).

Tyeforce

Proud might prove quite the challenge if this is your first game in the series, not sure if I'd recommend that. But Normal should be doable.
My main concern is StreetPass data and such. I'm going to want to 100% the game and play it on Proud eventually, and if I would have delete my save with all my collected StreetPass data in order to do that...well, I'd rather just start on Proud instead of lose data like that. For those who know how StreetPass works in this game and how starting new games on higher difficulties works, what should I do?

Drago

So I should be receiving this later today, actually. My UPS order says it's in transit after a destination scan an hour ago.

Very very nice. :)

I'm waiting, and it's proving to be almost impossible. I have a sealed copy of the game next to me and it's driving me up the wall waiting for the XL.

In the same boat. I picked up my KH3D copy a little bit ago. I also picked up Rhythm Thief and Sonic Generations, this month...they are all sitting, waiting for the XL in a few weeks. This is proving hard to ignore, but I really want to experience these on the XL first. That urge for XL outweighs a smaller experience, the bigness is the proper first, for me.

So my Purple unit sits, loved in some ways and neglected in others :(

Mario007

Ok, now you guys confused me lol I'm really curious. If it's really in one of the trailers it is not a spoiler at all, but I prefer to find out when I'll play anyway.

It's a spoiler if I told you what it is and you really started thinking about it and the thought about it throughout the game. It becomes even a bigger spoiler when the overall direction of the game is taken into context.

It's a spoiler if I told you what it is and you really started thinking about it and the thought about it throughout the game. It becomes even a bigger spoiler when the overall direction of the game is taken into context.

Well, you know, I think just reading that I can guess the world, actually I think I just did. It starts with a
"T"
lol

But okay, I really think it's a spoiler what will happen in this world and not to know it's name =p

Seda

Ok, now you guys confused me lol I'm really curious. If it's really in one of the trailers it is not a spoiler at all, but I prefer to find out when I'll play anyway.

It is a spoiler, but I felt the trailer gave it (and a significant portion of the plot) away.

And you're not a junior anymore!

It is a spoiler, but I felt the trailer gave it (and a significant portion of the plot) away.

And you're not a junior anymore!

Oh, I think I know the trailer you're a talking about, but I can't remember almost anything about it.

And yeah, finally not a junior anymore =)

Zomba13

That actually make things more interesting, and a thank you for that. =p

If it helps I had the world 'spoiled' for me (I actually wanted to know what it was and found out for myself) and didn't really put any thought into it and it didn't ruin the end of the game for me. Though thinking about the story and stuff then you might work out why it could be pretty spoilerific.

If it helps I had the world 'spoiled' for me (I actually wanted to know what it was and found out for myself) and didn't really put any thought into it and it didn't ruin the end of the game for me. Though thinking about the story and stuff then you might work out why it could be pretty spoilerific.

It's probably more important what's happen in this "secret" world, and this is impossible to just guess.

Tyeforce

My main concern is StreetPass data and such. I'm going to want to 100% the game and play it on Proud eventually, and if I would have delete my save with all my collected StreetPass data in order to do that...well, I'd rather just start on Proud instead of lose data like that. For those who know how StreetPass works in this game and how starting new games on higher difficulties works, what should I do?
Can anyone help me out here? I kinda don't want to continue playing until I know what I should do... =/

Chunky

Quick question: Is there anything worthwhile in the treasure chests? Mostly it seems I'm getting spirit toys and the like. Since I really am not interested in the Spirit companion mechanics of the game, should I just move on? Do I need to find every chest for any secrets or cool weapons (please just say yes or no without giving away what it would be used for)
I think the little chests mainly contain spirit stuff, but the handful of big chests lying around usually have a command or something.

Nohar

Well, I just finished "La cité des cloches" with Sora. It was pretty fun, and I liked it a lot more than Traverse Town (too much interruptions, didn't like the colors of this world, and really, the two bosses were really annoying to fight inside the last building). I liked the boss fight of this world, though I have to admit that without the flowerthing-spirit, I would have been toasted (this little thing kept casting Protect and Shell on Sora during the fight, and God was it useful !). I started in Proud Mode right of the bat, and I guess I was somewhat overleveled for the boss fight, but the attacks just kept coming and coming... Thank you HealBot <3 (yeah, I named it HealBot).

Btw, you really should stop talking about the "last" world. I'm pretty sure someone spoiled the name by accident on this very page (unless I'm mistaken or it has been edited). But, well, as many said, I guess that even if we know the last world's name, we don't know what happens there, so that's all that matter.

Kazerei

Banned
I've only played an hour so far, and just got out of Traverse Town. Flowmotion and Dream Eaters seem kind of neat, but I'll probably ignore these features and just mash my way through the game. i'm playing on normal, so I should be fine.

Just got this game. Just finished Traverse Town with Riku. At first I was not impressed by the whole "Nintendogs" feel of the Spirits, but as time went on, it felt natural and less boring as I got more skills. Though I do wonder why I have to throw food to them as opposed to just selecting them and having them eat it. This just makes a simple command difficult when I want one spirit to eat and it's 2 kilometers away from me. Nothing game breaking though. I thought that Riku's first boss was awesome.

So far so good. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Shaffield

picked up my copy today.

I've got a lot of other stuff I'm playing right now, and I'm gonna get a PSP with BBS and some other games this weekend, so I'll probably put off DDD for a while. I should've waited for a price drop instead of pre-ordering :/

zroid

Banned
So this game has an interior cover too. It's unbelievable that even Square Enix is putting more effort into its packages than NoA. D:

And there's a Club Nintendo code as well!

Top Bottom