• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix |OT| Last KH hoorah for PSP before 3DS shift

Peff

duckroll said:
They're just translating the blog post here: http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/kingdom/2011/01/-aaaaa.html

It actually says the opposite. Some scenes will not have this option, but the dual language function is being presented as a general feature. The note about some scenes not having the option are almost certainly referring to the Secret Episode scenes. Nomura mentioned in the last interview about Final Mix that the Secret Episode will be Japanese voice only, but that for everything else, you can toggle the language just like in KH2FM+.

Yeah, that sounds about right, which is great. I wonder if the installation size is any bigger now...

syoaran said:
Ok, I knew it was meant to about a new element of the story, but I didnt realise about Yensid and becoming keyblade masters. Then why is the promo showing them in KH1 era age/clothes? Is it just to show that a game is being made - and the promo has nothing to do with the actual game itself?

One theory is that
Yensid is giving them the test through one massive illusion. Kinda like what Mickey was doing in BBS.

Rpgmonkey

Forgot this was coming.

Wonder if my crappy first model PSP can last just long enough to get through this, Agito, and Tactics Ogre. :lol

mehdi_san

Maybe this question has already been answered to in the thread for the 1st version (not final mix), I apologize if so. So I never played any of the KH games, but the amount of praise about BbS combat system (among other) really makes me want to try this one. How lost will I be, regarding story and characters?

Larsen B

mehdi_san said:
Maybe this question has already been answered to in the thread for the 1st version (not final mix), I apologize if so. So I never played any of the KH games, but the amount of praise about BbS combat system (among other) really makes me want to try this one. How lost will I be, regarding story and characters?

As someone who has only played the first Kingdom Hearts and Birth by Sleep, the answer is both very and not very.

The actual story of BbS is easy to understand but how it relates to the rest of the series is just a clusterfuck of complexity.

Netto-kun

mehdi_san said:
Birth by Sleep is a prequel to the first Kingdom Hearts game, so you shouldn't be lost at all. :p

mehdi_san

Thanks for the answers. I just confirmed my pre-order on Amazon. Don't know yet if I'm gonna be picking up Duodecim, so maybe I'll just sell that DLC bonus when the game is out ^^

mehdi_san said:

It's in your best interests to either ignore or laugh at all the plot developments.

duckroll said:
ms6oR.jpg

Please be in the US version of Dissidia Duodenum please please please.

Also, is that the King of Nobody sitting on that throne? He looks like
one of Mansex's Xemnas's final boss forms
in KH2.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Hmm at the title... So I take it we know that Square Enix aren't developing any KH titles for the PSP2.

Thunderbear said:
Hmm at the title... So I take it we know that Square Enix aren't developing any KH titles for the PSP2.

No, it just means that this is the last major PSP Kingdom Hearts before the 3DS comes in wrecking up the PSP's shit. Nothing has been announced for the PSP2, and why would they? The system hasn't even been officially announced.

duckroll

Thunderbear said:

The next major KH game is coming out for the 3DS. That is the game all KH fans will be looking forward to, especially BbS fans, because it's the same team and co-director making the game.

MAtgS

I always kinda figured
any game set in the dark realm would have to have "destroyed" Disney worlds during the time period of KH1. Though I thought Mickey would be the protagonist of such a game.
Silly me for forgetting how little a shit Nomura gives for Disney characters in the main story.

duckroll

You know, this is kinda annoying. The game isn't even out until tomorrow, it just shipped for me, and people who aren't even buying it or playing it are happily posting ending spoilers here. What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

mehdi_san

duckroll where did you order your game from? Playasia? It supposed to be out today, but I still haven't got any email from Amazon :( It looks like I won't get it until next monday :(

duckroll said:
The next major KH game is coming out for the 3DS. That is the game all KH fans will be looking forward to, especially BbS fans, because it's the same team and co-director making the game.

You make me very very sad... ='(

duckroll

mehdi_san said:
duckroll where did you order your game from? Playasia? It supposed to be out today, but I still haven't got any email from Amazon :( It looks like I won't get it until next monday :(

Yeah, Play-Asia shipped it on the 19th. No idea about Amazon... I used free shipping though, so I won't be getting it until next week anyway. Gives me more time to play more ToG-f and Dissidia012 Prologus. Lol.

mehdi_san said:

I woke up to this from Playasia:

A FLIGHT DELAY OCCURRED BECAUSE OF MECHANICAL REASONS / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE

But just ten minutes ago I got this:

Jan 20, 2011 11:29:00 US LOUISVILLE LOCATION SCAN

So maybe I'll see it today at some point.

Damn the midwest!!! I live in Los Angeles!!

SonOfABeep said:
they just love re-releasing the same content in the kingdom hearts franchise.

Your contribution is appreciated.

Well UPS updated me, schedule delivery is set for tomorrow, damnit >.<

At least I still need to finish Re: Coded.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Your contribution is appreciated.

Well UPS updated me, schedule delivery is set for tomorrow, damnit >.<

At least I still need to finish Re: Coded.
Wow...I'm in San Francisco and got mine with ease.

Granted, I used FedEx for shipping...

duckroll

I wonder if we'll have enough people playing this to create a 3 person party on Adhoc Party to do the extra bosses together. I'll probably be tackling them with random guys on JP AHP, but it'll be cool if we could at least arrange a few games once we have high level characters.

I just got the US psp version of this. I just think it's funny how many re-releases and remakes this series gets. If people love the franchise and have fun with the game by all means, have fun!

TheChillyAcademic said:
Yes isnt that nice >.<

Le sigh.
That really does suck though that your game was delayed.

I've been burned enough times with cheaper shipping that I'll pay exta to have piece of mind to have it shipped by FedEx.

Still, it's always a weird thing when storms in the Midwest or back East affect shipping to the West Coast from Asia.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Auron_Kale said:
That really does suck though that your game was delayed.

I've been burned enough times with cheaper shipping that I'll pay exta to have piece of mind to have it shipped by FedEx.

Still, it's always a weird thing when storms in the Midwest or back East affect shipping to the West Coast from Asia.

THIS. Otherwise you get stuck waiting :|

Phatcorns

I don't know how you guys come up with these brilliant KH official threads, but the stuff you guys write is fucking hilarious.

TheChillyAcademic said:
I thought UPS was the most expensive shipping option on PlayAsia!!!
It was when I ordered, that's why I went with FedEx - since it was cheaper and much more reliable with their tracking updates.

Kard8p3 said:
EcudG.jpg

Haven't been following news on final mix but what is Xemnas doing here?

Apparently that's Master Xehanort's Keyblade Armor.

Just spoiled myself on Eraqus Armor and Xehanort Armor fights. They both actually look like somewhat fair bosses compared to VS and MF(i.e. they don't instantly knock you to 1 HP with a single strike).

Fimbulvetr said:
Apparently that's Master Xehanort's Keyblade Armor.

Just spoiled myself on Eraqus Armor and Xehanort Armor fights. They both actually look like somewhat fair bosses compared to VS and MF(i.e. they don't instantly knock you to 1 HP with a single strike).
Vanitas' Sentiment was actually a pretty fair boss, I thought. Just tough as hell. MF fucking cheats though.

MBison said:
This release isn't in English right?

Nope.

Eraqus' armor doesn't look nearly as dumb in motion as it does in still screens, thank goodness. Xehanort's will never stop being dumb though.

mehdi_san

Auron_Kale said:
Got my copy today. Still deciding if I should pick up T3B for the Aya costume...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/b009ea01.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Would you mind reminding me what was the deal with the bonus in 3rd birthday? Was it also a pre-order only bonus, like BbS Final Mix? It's a costume for Dissidia 012 right?

mehdi_san said:
Would you mind reminding me what was the deal with the bonus in 3rd birthday? Was it also a pre-order only bonus, like BbS Final Mix? It's a costume for Dissidia 012 right?
Yeah. Aya costume for Lightning in Dissidia 012 with T3B while original KH costume for Cloud in Dissidia 012.

mehdi_san

Auron_Kale said:
Yeah. Aya costume for Lightning in Dissidia 012 with T3B while original KH costume for Cloud in Dissidia 012.
I checked on amazon and I can't find no mentions of the costume DLC. Was it limited to the first run of the game you think?

mehdi_san said:
I checked on amazon and I can't find no mentions of the costume DLC. Was it limited to the first run of the game you think?
Yes it was I believe. Just like the Cloud costume is a first-run bonus to KH:BBSFM.

mehdi_san

Auron_Kale said:
Yes it was I believe. Just like the Cloud costume is a first-run bonus to KH:BBSFM.
Yeah it makes sense. Won't be easy hunting a copy down :(
In other news, my BbS FM copy from Amazon finally got shipped this morning, so I should get it by Monday. I hate getting games at the beginning of a week, I won't have time to really play until next weekend :( Still excited though, I just bought a new mem stick (8gb) to do the data install :)

mehdi_san said:
Yeah it makes sense. Won't be easy hunting a copy down :(

Exactly. That's why I don't know if I want to bother hunting it down. In any case, I opened up the game and the code is in a little packet - that contains a card for the collectible game. Obviously the card I got with KH: BBSFM was Cloud in his KH costume.

You simply redeem the code on PSN to get the DLC.

duckroll

Let's be honest. S-E isn't going to keep all the costumes and stuff exclusive just to the people who bought the first-press copies of their other games. There's a very good chance that all the early bird goodies will eventually be pay DLC.

duckroll said:
Let's be honest. S-E isn't going to keep all the costumes and stuff exclusive just to the people who bought the first-press copies of their other games. There's a very good chance that all the early bird goodies will eventually be pay DLC.
True true. They'll probably release the DLC when the game comes out.

But, it'd be nice to have the card that comes with the code though. &#65288;&#65342;&#8711;&#65342;&#65289;

Top Bottom