• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Malyse

O boy....denial
This "not muh Parasite Eve" bullshit is why franchises go dormant. Third Birthday is a logical progression seeing how the game changed from PE1 to PE2.
It's also why devs keep making the same damn game over and over: they end up scared to take any risks out of fear of a whiny fanbase decrying their efforts.

This "not muh Parasite Eve" bullshit is why franchises go dormant. Third Birthday is a logical progression seeing how the game changed from PE1 to PE2.
It's why franchise die period screw going dormant. There's a reason Kingdom hearts is one of my favorite franchises. The amount of switch ups and gameplay changes among the games if refreshing

Malyse

It's why franchise die period screw going dormant. There's a reason Kingdom hearts is one of my favorite franchises. The amount of switch ups and gameplay changes among the games if refreshing
That's another valid point. No one playing Kingdom Fucking Hearts should be whining about games not playing the same as previous iterations.

O boy....denial

It's also why devs keep making the same damn game over and over: they end up scared to take any risks out of fear of a whiny fanbase decrying their efforts.

Christ, it was a joke. I think it's a perfectly decent TPS, and from a gameplay perspective doesn't feel completely out of line with PE1 or 2, considering how more action oriented PE2 was than PE1. Only reason I made that crack was because the scenario and characters are dogshit.

Malyse

Christ, it was a joke. I think it's a perfectly decent TPS, and from a gameplay perspective doesn't feel completely out of line with PE1 or 2, considering how more action oriented PE2 was than PE1. Only reason I made that crack was because the scenario and characters are dogshit.
Poe's law.

Golnei

I don't see why it had to be part of the series at all other than marketing purposes - what positive effect did tying it to the Parasite Eve brand actually have? And franchises continuing for the sake of continuing isn't something I'm necessarily in favour of - I'd much rather it stay dormant and have games like The 3rd Birthday created under wholly original IPs.

Malyse

I don't see why it had to be part of the series at all other than marketing purposes - what positive effect did tying it to the Parasite Eve brand actually have? And franchises continuing for the sake of continuing isn't something I'm necessarily in favour of - I'd much rather it stay dormant and have games like The 3rd Birthday created under wholly original IPs.

If you have something that fits an IP, it's much better to put the IP back in the zeitgeist than to try to make something from nothing. That's basic business sense.

Lnds500

Why isn't this thread more alive???

3D HD is 60fps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNJqpzjyTys

- Even though the news is not incoming as quickly as fans would hope, development is not delayed
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- being the length of one world pertains more to the length of one world in Kingdom Hearts III. Tetsuya Nomura promises that this volume will be a decent length.
- The battle system in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- is a mixture of Birth by Sleep as well as Kingdom Hearts III; the command deck is not present but special attacks and such consume MP as they would in previous games like - Kingdom Hearts II. Magic will effect the surrounding area, as previously talked about for Kingdom Hearts III. Using magic in different sequences will also create different effects on enemies (such as using Blizzard and then Thunder).
- Lighting is something they focused on a lot during design for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts III even though it hasn't been much of a major focus previously in the series.
- Height within the playable features of the world is something that was also focused on for these games.
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD plays with 60 frames per second.
- A new Dream Eater is introduced in the version of Dream Drop Distance included in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue named Catnuki (or Pondanyan in Japanese) which is a combination of a cat and a racoon dog (more commonly known as a Tanuki)
- There is a possibility of The World Ends With You characters returning in the future but there are some difficulties.
- Tetsuya Nomura would like to give more Kingdom Hearts III news but at the moment it is important to focus on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue so he asks fans to please look forward to winter of this year for more news.

Read more: http://kh13.com/#ixzz4BaVhup6c

WTF!? 60fps!!!! A KH console first (Re:coded and Unchained are 60fps)
Hope they include a 3D option

Want to click the link but I'm positive they're gonna show HQ gameplay footage tomorrow.

+1 Although I think a reason FFX isn't 60fps is because of engine restrictions on older Square games or the way they made the games back then (?). If they ported the collections to the PS4, they might still be 30fps.

They can up it to 60fps but they need to fix the odd physics bug and cutscene timing that comes with its frame rate boost. But other than that it's works mostly well at 60fps

BBS runs the same engine as DDD and 60fps has mostly been flawless on PPSSPP. it's possible

Lnds500

They can up it to 60fps but they need to fix the odd physics bug and cutscene timing that comes with its frame rate boost. But other than that it's works mostly well at 60fps

BBS runs the same engine as DDD and 60fps has mostly been flawless on PPSSPP. it's possible

meryl_gif_oscars.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

I like you.

I want a Resident Evil 7 moment at this years PSX.

You start showing a super good looking Star Wars trailer with dat music and Han+Chewie in the cockpit of Millenium Falcon bantering. And at the end when a space battle is won and the crew is cheering the camera slowly pans out revealing Goofy standing next to them going AHYUCK!

Kingdom Hearts 3

Now in Development.

You start showing a super good looking Star Wars trailer with dat music and Han+Chewie in the cockpit of Millenium Falcon bantering. And at the end when a space battle is won and the crew is cheering the camera slowly pans out revealing Goofy standing next to them going AHYUCK!

Kingdom Hearts 3

Now in Development.
Idk about all that but if they show up this winter with that bolded bs I'ma be peeved

Soriku

Does the 0.2 demo show the entire thing or just a slice? I wish 0.2 could be made available on its own as a download?

Malyse

Kingdom Hearts 3

Now in Development.
I'll accept this.

Ydelnae

Does the 0.2 demo show the entire thing or just a slice? I wish 0.2 could be made available on its own as a download?

Nomura has confirmed that what people are playing at E3 is only the beginning of the game, he says 0.2 is actually bigger than what people expect (no some 30 minutes ground zeroes mission) and that it has a lot of story cutscenes.

Lnds500

I would make a new thread about this but I can't.

Kingdom Hearts PS4 Collection Not Ruled Out

"We haven't come to decision and nothing is announced yet," Yasue said. "We listen to our fans and our players and see what they think about it--and, yeah, I'm not ruling it out, but we're not making an announcement just yet."

From Gamespot

I think it would be useful as a new thread since many people wanted the collections on PS4 and have skipped the PS3 release because of that.

Tsunamo

Delaney did it!

And i'm so so happy that the E3 demo is just beginning of 0.2, the length wasn't obvious but we were all fearful that that would be the end of it. Glad to see that only amounted to about 20-30 minutes and was only the beginning, seems like it's going to be much more bulky in terms of story and length than I was expecting.

And on the topic of gameplay I love how it looks animation wise by the way Aqua moves a combination of her Birth By Sleep gameplay, mixed with the Kingdom Hearts 3 battlesystem. I'm not at all bothered by the lack of command deck because Aqua moves and plays like she did in Birth By Sleep but with the benefit of 3's systems. The effects and spells and extra stuff like being able to slide on Blizzaga magic is such a awesome addition, I love it.

So Back Cover's supposed to be over an hour long?

Nomura once said it was about an hour (or was it Yasue?).

But now Nomura says in the new interview that 0.2 has a lot of cutscenes so who knows what that means. I was expecting maybe 10 minutes but maybe he will really strech it out with a long intro and ending.

Yasue in the SE Presents interview said they always wanted 2.8 to ''come right before KH3''. I hope he meant this in the way that KH3 release isn't too far off after 2.8 and not just that this is the title that leads to it.

Also according to him the Osaka Team is ''big team right now'' so I guess they have expanded quite a bit for KH3.

Just don't drop the ball this winter SE lol.

Malyse

Yasue in the SE Presents interview said they always wanted 2.8 to ''come right before KH3''. I hope he meant this in the way that KH3 release isn't too far off after 2.8 and not just that this is the title that leads to it.

Also according to him the Osaka Team is ''big team right now'' so I guess they have expanded quite a bit for KH3.

Just don't drop the ball this winter SE lol.
Yeah well the "next game" after 3D was III and here we are three games later.

Malyse

I don't have any problem with Willa Holland's voice acting but I started associating her voice with Thea Queen after I started watching Arrow, and I hate Thea.

She sounds flat and has weird line deliveries. I like her a lot as an actress in lots of stuff, but I don't think she is a very good fit for the role.

Top Bottom