• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Meier

Nice work on the OT although this seems insanely convoluted based on how much knowledge you need of the series. Probably worth linking to some sort of written synopsis of Birth By Sleep and the others.

Does this game have the Dream Eaters the you got from the preorder cards and the bonus pack from either Club Nintendo or the Square Enix Store (I can't remember which)?

I can't even remember who my main ones were now. I did like then though, and they were probably my second favourite enemy type in the series. I didn't like whatever the things from BBS were called, Unversed or something, and I only liked the default Nobody design.

Does this game have the Dream Eaters the you got from the preorder cards and the bonus pack from either Club Nintendo or the Square Enix Store (I can't remember which)?

I can't even remember who my main ones were now. I did like then though, and they were probably my second favourite enemy type in the series. I didn't like whatever the things from BBS were called, Unversed or something, and I only liked the default Nobody design.
Yeah the AR card Dream Eaters are in the game.
They were in the original as well, the AR cards just let you get them early.

I still hate Dream Eaters, shittiest designs ever. Kingdom Hearts peaked with Nobodies.
I'm curious to see if KH3 premieres a new enemy type again. I'm down for it to contain Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed, but yeah no morre Dream Eaters please.

Ydelnae

I'm curious to see if KH3 premieres a new enemy type again. I'm down for it to contain Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed, but yeah no morre Dream Eaters please.

Nomura confirmed that Dream Eaters are in KH3 too and that there will be special features related to them.

Ydelnae

...I like DDD I don't want this. You got a link? I believe you but I just wanna read the disappointment myself

>> By the way, the Dream Eaters that appeared in KH3D became relevant in KHχ, KHUχ and KHχBC, where their origins were touched upon. Will we see more explanations regarding the Dream Eaters in the future?

Nomura: Dream Eaters, Spirits and Nightmares, will appear in KHUχ season two. Also, there will be a feature relating to them in KH3.

From the latest Famitsu interview, translated at KHInsider, can not provide links since they have scans in their article.

Ydelnae

The only Dream Eater connection that I want to see in KH3 is
Kairi and Lea travelling with a Chirithy
Other than that, keep them in the past. Never talk about them again. Don't bring them back.

Petting shit is thing in many 3DS games and that's why they did that with DDD. I seriously doubt they will force that shit in KH3.
Touchpad ps4,Nomura wants to use it..muhahaha

Other than that, keep them in the past. Never talk about them again. Don't bring them back.
This

Azerare

I would really love them to go this route. But since it sounds like such a good idea, it will not happen ;(

Famassu

I don't think the Dream Eaters are all THAT bad unless you're going for 100%ing everything, then it can be a bit of a grind though I don't think it's any worse than obsessively leveling up commands in BBS and is probably actually even faster & more effortless than BBS (especially since they are all shared between Sora & Riku). I'm in the final stretches of the game and the time I've spent with the bonding stuff & mini-games is probably 1/20th of the time spent in menus constantly switching fully leveled commands to ones I still need to level up and then melding them once the necessary commands are fully leveled in BBS (and doing it all 3 times throughout each character's playthrough)

The game throws so much enemies at the player that you get tons of LP by just fighting, so even if you hate the mini-games & bonding stuff, you can get LP at a pace that is probably comparable to leveling up commands in BBS, if not even faster. Then of course you can just spend money after all the fighting and just buy shit to feed to the Dream Eaters and get quite a lot of LP quickly that way. There's so many ways of getting LP that you can kind of switch between them all to avoid the tedium of any particular method. The mini-games are another way to get quick LP. I find them to be OK, mindless time-wasters when I want a break from the combat of the game. Though the water barrel mini-game in this HD version is a lot worse than the original on 3DS.

One thing that makes it even less painful is to check up what abilities different dream eaters can give you and just first focus on getting the more important & useful permanent ones and then quickly moving on to other Dream Eaters, if available. Trying to 100% a Dream Eater can be tedious since there are so many of those boost abilities that simply don't matter after you switch to the next Dream Eater so they really shouldn't be much of a focus.

I also don't mind that a lot of abilities being tied to the Spirits. The most important ones are one-off unlocks (combo plus, second chance and all the special attacks/spells) and the ones that aren't just add a bit of a strategic element to using different Dream Eaters.

I guess one way they could've made it better would have been to have some of the late(r)-game Dream Eaters already come with some Haste, Screen & HP/Atk/Def Boost abilities unlocked so it doesn't feel like you go from having useful abilities to zero each time you switch to a new Dream Eater.

+ I like the Link attacks. I think they are a fun addition to the combat & bring more variety to encounters.

Tsunamo

So DDD, if I want to platinum it what difficulty setting should I play on?
You need to play on Proud mode or Critical mode for the abilitys equiped trophy because Zero Exp's exclusive to those modes and the trophy wont unlock without it.

Criticals unlocked by beating Proud Mode though, so Proud Mode would be the best one to go for platinum. (and you can do everything you need to on it for the platinum trophy without having to start a NG+)

The game throws so much enemies at the player that you get tons of LP by just fighting, so even if you hate the mini-games & bonding stuff, you can get LP at a pace that is probably comparable to leveling up commands in BBS, if not even faster.
this is a damn lie from the mouth of satan himself

You need to play on Proud mode or Critical mode for the abilitys equiped trophy because Zero Exp's exclusive to those modes and the trophy wont unlock without it.

Criticals unlocked by beating Proud Mode though, so Proud Mode would be the best one to go for platinum. (and you can do everything you need to on it for the platinum trophy without having to start a NG+)

Thank you!

Famassu

this is a damn lie from the mouth of satan himself
I mean, I haven't ever 100%ed DDD so maybe I'm not fully aware of The Struggle, but during my current playthrough I don't feel like I've had to do all too much grinding for LP. I've just played through the game thoroughly exploring the world and doing some backtracking but not obsessively grinding, and I feel like I'm advancing through the link boards at a decent enough pace to have an enjoyable sense of progress.

That said, I do only have, like, 6 or 7 Dream Eaters with all (current) nodes unlocked by the time I got to the Fantasia world so maybe that's not all that much in the grand scheme of things, lol.

Burbeting

Banned
What is the best way to aim for platinum trophy on KH3D after finishing the story? The game definitely feels very grind and farm heavy, but what routes would be optimal.

Gojeran

Just completed critical mode on 0.2. Final boss can eat my ass, what a piece of shit. Think I was lv 63 or 64. At some point I might try the secret boss on critical mode.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Do you lose any DP you don't spend after you drop or can you save it up for one long run?

Surprised they didn't add Chririthy as a bonus dream eater for the hd version of 3D.

HeelPower

I went back to play Bbs cuz of 2.8.

Man is 2.8 a massive,humongous leap forward.

I was a bit shocked.

It feels great to know KH3 is dead set on the right direction.

Good stuff!

Ordered my LE copy off Amazon on Saturday and it just arrived today.

Noticed that the shrinkwrap is kinda loose, though my box is slightly bowing on one side but everything is intact.

Will start soon.

raven777

Nd the last console one to boot. If kh3 isn't up to snuff with it after 11 years there's a problem

Well 2FM set high bar with the combat and I honestly doubt KH3 will reach that nevermind surpass it. Would be nice to be close to it.

To be fair I feel most of JRPGs aren't up to snuff with PS2 era ones anyway. :p

raven777

C3gcYzuVUAAVLqW.jpg:large

Burbeting

Banned
Holy shit I forgot how awful the special portal system is in this game. It took me 30 minutes spamming drop just to get the last one on the Grid to even spawn.

Finished 0.2 on Normal. Normal 'cause I'm older than the average KH player and my reaction time has started to suck in recent years. Sort of want to try and get the rest of the trophies but I'm terrible at the 'don't get hit' type of objectives the game has.

That said, aside from some bullshit from certain Heartless, I'm impressed. Aqua was a only little too floaty and that HUD needs to be bigger, but overall it only made the wait for 3 worse, heh.

Oh blergh, really? I guess I could start over, only really halfway through the second world at the moment...

Meowster

I'm actually really enjoying Dream Drop Distance so far and not having much issues but I'm really overwhelmed by this combat system. There's just so much going on with the Dream Eaters and syncing with them and the command deck that I've never liked. Hope Kingdom Hearts III goes back to the effortless simplicity of II but I doubt it, considering the team working on it.

corn_fest

I have a habit of skipping most cutscenes because while I enjoy the overarching plot of the series, I have no tolerance for terrible retellings of direct-to-VHS Disney films. Am I correct in remembering that nothing much plot-relevant happens outside of Traverse Town and TWTNW?

Top Bottom