• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

C3lsNdIXAAAjPez.jpg

Aqua figure is coming

So 2017 is a dead year for Square-Enix eh? No FF7, no KH 3(i assume) and only Nier:Automata on the horizon(which I loved from the Demo dont get me wrong). Dragon Quest is Japan only

I really feel they should do EVERYTHING in their power to give us KH 3 even at the last moment, like December 31

They will also release FF XII and a new expansion for FF XIV this year.

Ydelnae

If Yen Sid can stand up why do they show him sitting in every cutscenes even when there are characters behind him omg

Also I love how their explanation as to why Traverse Town has two keyholes only applies to Traverse Town and not everywhere else even though all the worlds were in the same condition.

The voice quality in DDD seems pretty low-fi to me. I just got a new TV though and i'm wondering if it's the game or my speakers. Has anyone else noticed that about the VO in DDD?

Yo Ansem's second form in DDD can fuck right off. Also having to wait for your deck to charge after a retry is the dumbest shit.

edit: also if i quit now will I have to fight the hooded nightmare and Ansem pt. 1 again? Really need a break.
You've probably already quit but yes, you would have to redo those bosses.

Mediking

Just finished 2.8.....

Ohmygawd....

The ending to 2.8 is super bittersweet. The kid in me who fondly remembers KH1 was practically crying....

But what happened to Aqua is so dumb that it hurts.

I know her design is flawless but its time she got a time skip design in KH3....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe it's just me but...

KH 30 FPS > KH 60 FPS

Playing through DDD at 60 FPS feels a bit... Weird.

Mediking

Really happy to see Riku behave in a good way.

His voice sounds very different....

It was incredibly awesome to see Sora. It seems like the writing for him is gonna be amazing.

But his voice also sounds very different....

And give Kairi some attention!!!!

tdwig

Neo Member
Maybe it's just me but...

KH 30 FPS > KH 60 FPS

Playing through DDD at 60 FPS feels a bit... Weird.

I felt that way at first too, but now that I'm used to it this is definitely my preferred way of playing. Gonna be really weird playing KH1 in 60 frames.

iosefe

Really happy to see Riku behave in a good way.

His voice sounds very different....

It was incredibly awesome to see Sora. It seems like the writing for him is gonna be amazing.

But his voice also sounds very different....

And give Kairi some attention!!!!
did kairi's voice sound different too?

Mediking

did kairi's voice sound different too?

Kairi sounds the same.... and as if she hasnt changed from KH1 at all. Sora and Riku are actually showing good character development while she needs more spotlight.

Just started KH Backcover. Boy, why would you trust a guy dressed in all black and hiding his face?!

Jesus christ the Tron world in DDD is so ugly. If I have to see another fish mouth in the upcoming games, I'm gonna lose it.

Not very good either.

Mediking

Playing thru DDD HD is... Lol my 3DS memories are fond so playing it again on PS4 reminds me how much I hate how Younger Sora and Younger Riku models were used for the game.

Just beat the secret boss of 0.2 for the first time and on critical mode. It's such a well designed fight and it was fun to experiment with different methods in countering the boss' moves. If only there weren't any random frame drops. I hope KH3 builds on these types of fights and iron out the frame rate / pacing issues.

Tsunamo

Took me awhile to adjust going back from DDDHD to 0.2, once I went 60fps it was really hard for me to go back.

I'm hoping that 3 at least has a variable framerate and hovers above 30fps on a Pro. It's gonna be so so hard for me to go locked 30fps if they opt for that after all the games being 60fps now. With that said though I have an original PS4 so my odds aren't looking that great anyway unless I upgrade.

iBlue

I just started this game on standard mods I don't understand the mechanics at all can I complete the game by mashing through the story I don't like pokemon shit stuff this game has

I just started this game on standard mods I don't understand the mechanics at all can I complete the game by mashing through the story I don't like pokemon shit stuff this game has

The Dream Eaters are how you unlock your abilities and some commands. You'll need to use them. You'll probably have an easier time brute forcing the game on Beginner.

Tsunamo

Spoilers for Backcover
Are there any theories around about what's in the box?
I'm just filling in the gaps here personally, but I feel like it allowed him to survive into the new world after the keyblade war, thus filling the gap of how the eye keyblade is still around and how keyblade masters still existed in the new world.

Interesting that 0.2's intro has a scene that seems to be set not long after it.

chozen

Alright so I watched Back Cover, Played DDD on Proud and Ballooned it to the end, and got all trophies for 0.2, as well as beat the secret boss on critical mode without taking damage.

This whole thing got me blue balled waiting for KH3 D: 0.2 was fantastic though.

and oh I want that Aqua statue, shes Queen bae.

'Quietly puts money back into wallet and slowly walks away'

I swear the original KH Play Arts figures were $60-$80, though I suppose those weren't Kai.

They were around $30 each iirc (maybe more for some of Sora's Form variants), and they were released before the Kai brand started.

jrush64

Banned
Level 52 and I couldn't defeat
young Xehanort on standard difficulty when you have to start attacking that his timer stuff.
That's some bullshit.

Then I got second chance and finally defeated the cheating fuck.

yunbuns

My mom got me a gift card for my birthday so I'm decided to splurge and just buy this along with some other stuff. I actually liked DDD but I hope .02 is worth it. We have to pay if we want that nice Aqua theme right? :/

Top Bottom