• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

silva1991

The key to defeat the first 3 berserkers encounter(while on rampage mode) at level 1 is to use reflect on them basically.

they felt impossible without it

Famassu

I'm coming from the perspective after playing 1 and 2 extensively and yes I know it's not fair to compare the two since BBS had handheld constraints but everything just feels so slow. So I definitely have a bias perspective maybe I'd feel differently if I played it on the PSP originally. This is the second time I've tried going through it so it's just not for me apparently and that's fine. I don't mean to berate someone for liking it.
Well, Terra is the slowest of the three, so you can't really approach him like you do previous games. Ven plays more like Sora does. Aqua is slightly different but more agile than Terra too.

NullKaze

The key to defeat the first 3 berserkers encounter(while on rampage mode) at level 1 is to use reflect on them basically.

they felt impossible without it
Nah, the real trick is Magnet -> Finishing Leap -> Fire -> Reflect and repeat.

Magnet draws them all up and lets you use a combo finisher next. Finishing Leap deals damage and launches Sora into the air. Fire deals insane amount of damage. Magnet then ends and they start diving down, so you Reflect to block them and deal more damage as you Magnet them back in.

One of my favourite combos/sequences to do correctly as you watch the Berserkers helplessly die, unable to even act. Don't even let them rampage.

silva1991

Nah, the real trick is Magnet -> Finishing Leap -> Fire -> Reflect and repeat.

Magnet draws them all up and lets you use a combo finisher next. Finishing Leap deals damage and launches Sora into the air. Fire deals insane amount of damage. Magnet then ends and they start diving down, so you Reflect to block them and deal more damage as you Magnet them back in.

One of my favourite combos/sequences to do correctly as you watch the Berserkers helplessly die, unable to even act. Don't even let them rampage.

But but KH2 is nothing but mash attack and triangle according to some!! seriously tho, i love the amount of different useful combos you can do in this game.

I will try your trick when i fight the next wave of berserkers ;)

Berserkers aside, what's the easiest way to level up master form at level 1? level 1 means no drive convertor :(

Banzai

But but KH2 is nothing but mash attack and triangle according to some!! seriously tho, i love the amount of different useful combos you can do in this game.

I will try your trick when i fight the next wave of berserkers ;)

Berserkers aside, what's the easiest way to level up master form at level 1? level 1 means no drive convertor :(

The keyblade you get from finishing 100 Acre Woods has Drive Converter built in, so the gamblers in Yen Sid's tower are still a viable option.
Apart from that you can farm the two orbs in the first Mine shaft section of the Cavern of Remembrance. Collect the drive orbs, go out the door, get killed, repeat.

Any tips for fighting Captain Hook in 1.5? I get wrecked in a few hits. Currently using Peter Pan and Goofy.

This probably isn't the best strategy, but I got through it with Donald, not Pan.

Basically, you need to stay high above the ship deck for 90% of the fight. Deal with the ship heartless, and wait for Hook to jump off the ship like an asshole. After he lands back on the ship, hit and run with a combo, and wait for him to jump off again.

If he goes through his animation where he summons more heartless, sneak in another combo if you can. You won't survive facing him face to face on Proud unless you're really proficient with blocking and rolling

Donald helps heal you, when he's not knocked out

silva1991

The keyblade you get from finishing 100 Acre Woods has Drive Converter built in, so the gamblers in Yen Sid's tower are still a viable option.
Apart from that you can farm the two orbs in the first Mine shaft section of the Cavern of Remembrance. Collect the drive orbs, go out the door, get killed, repeat.

Thanks. I'm far from finishing 00 Acre Woods, so I guess i'll slowly collect the orbs from the cavern for now.

I just want the second jump so bad.

This probably isn't the best strategy, but I got through it with Donald, not Pan.

Basically, you need to stay high above the ship deck for 90% of the fight. Deal with the ship heartless, and wait for Hook to jump off the ship like an asshole. After he lands back on the ship, hit and run with a combo, and wait for him to jump off again.

If he goes through his animation where he summons more heartless, sneak in another combo if you can. You won't survive facing him face to face on Proud unless you're really proficient with blocking and rolling

Donald helps heal you, when he's not knocked out
Thanks I'll switch to Donald and try your strategy!

Narroo

I hope everyone responsible for making the coliseum not give out experience in Kingdom Hearts II were fired.

Part of what made The Coliseum fun in KHI was that you actually got stuff for doing it. I guess they didn't want people to grind in KHII, but it sucked a lot of fun out of it.

Burbeting

Banned
Hook battle is not that difficult, but since it's the first you are able to fly in the game, the controls can be a hassle to get used to, and that alone can get you easily killed. Just try to play it safe and get some combos in, like oreo suggested.

Hmm, KH2 Critical may be a problem for me. I've had Mickey come save my ass at Shan-Yu and both Beast's Castle bosses.

Other notes:
-I forgot how chaotic the gummi ship missions are.
-Found a random black mushroom wearing a coat at Mulan, those are new right?
-Luxord got more lines, yay!

Fj0823

Hmm, KH2 Critical may be a problem for me. I've had Mickey come save my ass at Shan-Yu and both Beast's Castle bosses.

Other notes:
-I forgot how chaotic the gummi ship missions are.
-Found a random black mushroom wearing a coat at Mulan, those are new right?
-Luxord got more lines, yay!

Yep, their missions get you a fine new keyblade too

Famassu

Mulan world was always reeeally problematic for me. Those centaurs with huge reach are my archnemesis in this franchise, especially the ones in the cave. Died on those more times that I care to remember. :'(

If you get the 100 acre keyblade go to the old timey world and go through the 4 doors. Should reap you 100 to 200 orbs per run and they respawn from one end to the other.

GLAMr

Did anybody else find CoM to be... A bit of a slog? I'm half way through it and want to finish the story so I can get into KHII, but the CoM combat does not appeal to me. The attempt at combining the strategy of the cards with action is frustrating to me.

And whoever made that Jafar battle can f$#% right off.

Famassu

Did anybody else find CoM to be... A bit of a slog? I'm half way through it and want to finish the story so I can get into KHII, but the CoM combat does not appeal to me. The attempt at combining the strategy of the cards with action is frustrating to me.

No, this opinion has never been uttered since the birth of this universe. CoM is a universally loved & cherished game.

Fj0823

Once you Master the system you can God all over those heartless.

I love CoM,But it certainly needs patience

Also Jafar is easy, just pack 0 cards and place them at the end of your deck.

Xliskin

If Jafar battle is hard , I think Parasite cage will make you cry lol , If you having a hard time try to revise your cards don't put random cards I mean don't put a card unless you know exactly what you want to do with it either for 3 hit combo , sleight or magic

GLAMr

If Jafar battle is hard , I think Parasite cage will make you cry lol , If you having a hard time try to revise your cards don't put random cards I mean don't put a card unless you know exactly what you want to do with it either for 3 hit combo , sleight or magic
It wasn't so much that it was hard, but it was the first battle that made me actually pay attention to the deck. It's more having to jump around on those platforms and hitting Iago with those terrible controls. To be fair, I hated the Jafar fight in KH1 too.

Can I eventually stack my deck full of 0 cards and spam, or is there some intricacy to the combat I haven't discovered that would counter that?

silva1991

No check point after beating Demyx is fucking garbage

What the hell were they thinking and why isn't it fixed for this remaster is fucking beyond me.

Played the hardest mode on KH1. Was very doable. Are the others KH the same? Or is KH2 much harder?

The thing with every KH game is that even on the hardest difficulty if you know how to use all of the mechanics that are given to you then you will have no problem especially for completing the main story.

Of course not every game has the exact same gameplay.For example if you learnt the mechanics of KH1 very well, this doesn't mean that you will know the mechanics of Birth by Sleep be default :p

Famassu

It wasn't so much that it was hard, but it was the first battle that made me actually pay attention to the deck. It's more having to jump around on those platforms and hitting Iago with those terrible controls. To be fair, I hated the Jafar fight in KH1 too.

Can I eventually stack my deck full of 0 cards and spam, or is there some intricacy to the combat I haven't discovered that would counter that?
A deck full of 0 cards isn't good since 0 cards are a double-edged sword. As much 0 cards break everything and that's cool, enemies can break a 0 card with anything. 0 cards are good for blocking especially strong enemy attacks but overreliance on them will leave you extremely vulnerable.

Jotakori

I've started up CoM and good lord, the cut scenes look awful. It goes beyond blurry, it looks like they duplicated the image, shifted it up some pixels, then lowered the opacity over the first image. It's driving me nuts -- at first I thought it was some sort of glitch it was so bad.

At least the rest of the time the game looks super crisp and pretty, but goodness.... It's just so distracting.

I've started up CoM and good lord, the cut scenes look awful. It goes beyond blurry, it looks like they duplicated the image, shifted it up some pixels, then lowered the opacity over the first image. It's driving me nuts -- at first I thought it was some sort of glitch it was so bad.

At least the rest of the time the game looks super crisp and pretty, but goodness.... It's just so distracting.

They are PS2 era pre-rendered cutscenes so they can't just up the res. They could have just remade them but I guess they decided nobody cares about CoM enough to do so.

silva1991

I'm gonna upload Demyx fight. It's so amazing.

And now I'm gonna have to fight that big dragon thing in Mulan's world....

Not really huge fan of big bosses with nothing but magic/AOE attacks.

The thing I forgot about KH1FM Proud and KH2FM Critical is that they're still fundamentally RPGs - approaching challenges in the proper order after you've made the right unlocks/leveled up a bit, and wearing the proper equipment to give yourself an edge, still fundamentally trivializes just about everything except for the Data Replicas and Lingering Will. And in KH1FM, there's *nothing* that can step to you at level 100.

The thing I forgot about KH1FM Proud and KH2FM Critical is that they're still fundamentally RPGs - approaching challenges in the proper order after you've made the right unlocks/leveled up a bit, and wearing the proper equipment to give yourself an edge, still fundamentally trivializes just about everything except for the Data Replicas and Lingering Will. And in KH1FM, there's *nothing* that can step to you at level 100.

Exactly that!
Don't also forget summons.There are some fights in both games that really make a difference if you use them.
I remember as a kid, when I was playing either KH1 or 2 I NEVER used summons, because I found them so lame back then.Oh boy how wrong was I?
I'v just beaten KH1FM again on proud with a 48 lvl sora in under 15 hours and one of the bosses that really pissed me off back then was the dragon Malificent.
I just used Tinkerbell and Aero to me, making the fight piss easy.

WonderzL

Banned
so guys i bought this but then a friend was like "this is a shitty port". is it tho? i don't care about some bugs here and there, that's fine i guess. i only have a ps4 and i really want to play the series

so guys i bought this but then a friend was like "this is a shitty port". is it tho? i don't care about some bugs here and there, that's fine i guess. i only have a ps4 and i really want to play the series

Your friend is wrong. Granted I have only played 1.5 because I got the game last week but I have encountered zero issues. The collection looks and plays great as far as I can tell!!

Fj0823

Its a good port, just save often in II as it can save crash once in a blue moon

That's it.

Top Bottom