• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

I found Critical easier than Proud mode, strangely enough.
That's not too strange. Enemies take longer to go down on Proud, and the fact that Sora's an offensive powerhouse means there are plenty of enemy types that you just never really have to worry about.

silva1991

How do I beat the last gambler with the coin on level 1? I don't have enough strength to kill it before time runs out.

edit: nvm. I fight it in another area with longer limited time.

That's not too strange. Enemies take longer to go down on Proud, and the fact that Sora's an offensive powerhouse means there are plenty of enemy types that you just never really have to worry about.

Really? Do they have more HP there?

NullKaze

Really? Do they have more HP there?
Nah, you deal more damage on Critical (and enemies deal more damage as well).

A lot of the people saying Critical is easy - play without second chance/once more and try the data fights. That's a taste of a Lv1 run.

silva1991

Nah, you deal more damage on Critical (and enemies deal more damage as well).

A lot of the people saying Critical is easy - play without second chance/once more and try the data fights. That's a taste of a Lv1 run.

I see.

If critical mode is too easy, then I'm afraid there hasn't been a single challenging game in a decade or so.

Slaythe

I see.

If critical mode is too easy, then I'm afraid there hasn't been a single challenging game in a decade or so.

It's very unlikely you beat a lv1 critical run+ the side bosses "easily" while playing blind (not knowing about specific strats etc..).

NullKaze

It's very unlikely you beat a lv1 critical run+ the side bosses "easily" while playing blind (not knowing about specific strats etc..).
Hell even knowing about the strats doesn't mean you have the skill to pull them off at level 1.

I knew LW's complete moveset from beating him at lv99 but I still died more times that I could count on Lv1.

Famassu

Did they orchestrate the music or just use better synths? Either way it's a vast improvement.

All the music tracks from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 (as well as a few select tracks from the smaller games) have been orchestrated for the HD releases.
I think Falk actually said they kinda did both. They used live instrumentation but also added some more uumph to instruments by adding some to the background of the real instruments with synths that were better than the OG ones, IIRC. He can correct me if I'm wrong

It's not a common bug.

So no. I haven't encountered it a single time. And I've saved at every single save point since I was trying to trigger it.

Hmm it seems to trigger for me whenever I say in the Gummi Ship between worlds. Never doing that again since it happened about 3 times.

NullKaze

It's not a common bug.

So no. I haven't encountered it a single time. And I've saved at every single save point since I was trying to trigger it.
The save bug seems to have an increased probability of occurring the longer you go without saving.

Most of the reports have come from speedrunners (that don't have time to save) or people who have played for extended amounts of time without saving.

So the best advice is to just save regularly, both to prevent crashing and minimise loss of progress.

Roe

I tried getting back into the game for Kingdom Hearts 3, but I couldn't do it.

The game doesn't mix well for me, and I ended up selling my copy on Ebay.

I like the Final Fantasy/Disney characters and this storyline is great, but the combat isn't that great IMO.

This is the third time I've wanted to start playing the game and enjoy it, but that doesn't seem too likely for me.

I like the Final Fantasy/Disney characters and this storyline is great, but the combat isn't that great IMO.

This is the third time I've wanted to start playing the game and enjoy it, but that doesn't seem too likely for me.

Have you tried KH2? Think KH2 got one of the best combat systems in an action RPG.

spunodi

Re:CoM is less than enjoyable for me.

I'm on Riku 2 and just can't beat the little bastard. Spent much of my level up bonuses on CP and a couple of sleights and am doing the odd grind to now select HP but my heart's not in it.

Going through the games in order (on standard modes - time doesn't permit me to go hardcore on them) and am so looking forward to KHII amd BBS after this. I can see myself appreciating them a lot more.

Re:CoM is less than enjoyable for me.

I'm on Riku 2 and just can't beat the little bastard. Spent much of my level up bonuses on CP and a couple of sleights and am doing the odd grind to now select HP but my heart's not in it.

Going through the games in order (on standard modes - time doesn't permit me to go hardcore on them) and am so looking forward to KHII amd BBS after this. I can see myself appreciating them a lot more.
Time Splicer/elemental raids/Sonic Rave are your friend, but I also strongly advise having a Cure spell set to go off between every 2 sleights and all of your 0 cards stacked at the end of your deck. 0 Cures are worth their weight in gold; same for Elixirs; mega-(item) cards generally aren't worth it because battles go decisively in one direction or the other so fast, and if you're doing it right, you shouldn't even get to a high reload value.

Meowster

Okay.. I think I am having a better go with Birth by Sleep. I've been grinding all of the D-Links and gotten the items with them and have been melding my abilities like a madman. I tried doing that board game and got beyond lost. Continued the storyline since I am at the first world and almost level ten already lol.

Okay.. I think I am having a better go with Dream Drop Distance. I've been grinding all of the D-Links and gotten the items with them and have been melding my abilities like a madman. I tried doing that board game and got beyond lost. Continued the storyline since I am at the first world and almost level ten already lol.

Do you mean Birth by Sleep?

Barbossa boss fight is so easy when you just freeze him over and over again.

Meowster

Do you mean Birth by Sleep?

Barbossa boss fight is so easy when you just freeze him over and over again.
Lmao yes... the three named title caught my brain by surprise. It will be some time before I attempt Dream Drop Distance because that one was just as confusing to me with all the Dream Eater and dropping stuff that didn't make any sense to me.

Mikey Jr.

If you stopped at Kingdom Hearts 1, you done fucked up.

Famassu

KH1 is a bit clunky in comparison to latter entries and it takes some time to get going, but it gets better as you unlock more skills and the clunkiness isn't anything so bad that you can't get past it, especially with certain moves & skills that help with the movement/navigation. The combat is fun once you get a bit more skills in your arsenal.

Cincaid

Just finished KH2 on Critical and holy shit is that game more difficult than KH1. Plenty of enemies straight up one-shotted me, and I must have retried the bosses
Roxas
and
Xigbar
at least 10 times each. Instead of forcing me to snap my controller in half I'll just replay the game on Beginner now to get the remaining trophies. :p

I also assume the secret ending you get in KH2 is referencing KH3, since the secret ending in KH1 had a lot of references to KH2? Or is the secret ending of KH2 more referencing Birth by Sleep?

Edit: Never mind, read on a wiki. It's referencing Birth by Sleep.

I always tell people to read the novel, manga or just watch it as a movie on YouTube, the first game is boring af until the ending.

spunodi

Time Splicer/elemental raids/Sonic Rave are your friend, but I also strongly advise having a Cure spell set to go off between every 2 sleights and all of your 0 cards stacked at the end of your deck. 0 Cures are worth their weight in gold; same for Elixirs; mega-(item) cards generally aren't worth it because battles go decisively in one direction or the other so fast, and if you're doing it right, you shouldn't even get to a high reload value.

Thanks for the advice; that's my tactics for next weekend sorted :)

TheFatMan

Just picked this game up for my next play. I'm pretty excited as I have never played any KH games ever. So I basically got a whole bunch of new stuff to play!

Probably got another 15 hours of Persona 5 to finish up first though so I best get to work.

Just picked this game up for my next play. I'm pretty excited as I have never played any KH games ever. So I basically got a whole bunch of new stuff to play!

Probably got another 15 hours of Persona 5 to finish up first though so I best get to work.

Hope you enjoy! :)

If I can make a recommendation, go through KH1 relatively quickly. Don't aim for a platinum there, unless you find the game enjoyable enough to do so. The game has aged quite a bit, so patience is sometimes required.

KHII is still freakin great. Go for Proud on your first playthrough, since by the time you beat 1 and CoM, you should be pretty comfortable with the games

DKF590

Picked this up as a complete newcomer to the series and I'm really not having a great time with KH1. At least it doesn't seem to be that uncommon of an opinion judging by the replies here.

Any recommendation for what game go to next if I'm not set on experiencing everything available? Originally I planned on playing everything but now I'm not so sure after my 13-14 hours in KH1.
Anything wrong with jumping straight to KH2 after?

FinalAres

Picked this up as a complete newcomer to the series and I'm really not having a great time with KH1. At least it doesn't seem to be that uncommon of an opinion judging by the replies here.

Any recommendation for what game go to next if I'm not set on experiencing everything available? Originally I planned on playing everything but now I'm not so sure after my 13-14 hours in KH1.
Anything wrong with jumping straight to KH2 after?
I would definitely recommend skipping chain of memories, YouTube the story :) and then jump into the brilliant KH2. Birth by Sleep is also excellent so you shouldn't have trouble with those two games.

I would definitely recommend skipping chain of memories, YouTube the story :) and then jump into the brilliant KH2. Birth by Sleep is also excellent so you shouldn't have trouble with those two games.

This is good advice! KH2 is the cream of the crop in the series. BBS is good, but just be mindful that it is a PSP game originally, and tends to suffer from open, empty worlds

Velcro Fly

I'm skipping CoM for sure

I'm so excited to play KH2 again since I haven't played it since I beat it on the PS2 all those years ago.

Really excited for BBS an eventually DDD as well. I was one of those people that really enjoyed DDD.

13ruce

Banned
Is 2.8 worth buying if i own DDD on 3DS or should i just watch the cutscenes on youtube and save some money for a total new game?

Zaverious

Is 2.8 worth buying if i own DDD on 3DS or should i just watch the cutscenes on youtube and save some money for a total new game?

Might as well just watch cutscenes since you already own DDD unless you want to replay it with a better camera and controsl and also play what is essentially a 3-5 hour tech demo.

DDD feels better on the PS4. I played through it on the 3DS, but found it always felt cramped and impaired my enjoyment.

That being said, is 2.8 worth the full price? No, not really. Get it if it's on a good sale, but otherwise stick to the 3DS version

Buy it but only for like £20/$30 or less. 0.2 is fun but short. If you're not planning on replaying the whole series, then you can watch it on youtube.

Meowster

I actually don't mind these worlds that much. Shimomura did a good job with the soundtrack in Birth By Sleep and nailed the motifs of their original scores. But Terra himself is so boring lol. Can't wait to move on to Ven and Aqua.

Just finished Terra's story.
Dude was such a puppet, he made Pinnochio seem like a grown man who went into business for himself.

Makificent dragon form in 1.5 seems impossible...She constantly attacks and does stupid high damage. Crazy difficulty spike.

Tinkerbell and Aero helped me take her down in no time on Proud mode.

I forgot how tedious Drive Form levelling is. One more level for all of them but it feels like it's going to take forever.

Tinkerbell and Aero helped me take her down in no time on Proud mode.

I forgot how tedious Drive Form levelling is. One more level for all of them but it feels like it's going to take forever.

drive form leveling isnt bad as long as your using the right spots i took master from 1 to max in about 20min.

OniBaka

Makificent dragon form in 1.5 seems impossible...She constantly attacks and does stupid high damage. Crazy difficulty spike.
I used aero and proceeded to beat the shit out of her. Died like 6 times and I think my level was 50ish on proud mode.

Looking at above it seems I should use summons more.

Top Bottom